AuthorTopic: The Remember Hideki Campaign  (Read 67916 times)

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
Re: The Remember Hideki Campaign
« Reply #20 on: August 03 2006, 02:33 am »
Sign me up for the campaign!

Done and done. Any new members have been added.

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #21 on: August 03 2006, 02:57 am »
In addition, Chii seems a bit too 'innocent' for Fai. Even IF Hideki didn't exist, I don't know if Fai would be attracted to someone like Chii, since he seems rather jaded himself. Though that's just a personal observation. :heh:
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #22 on: August 03 2006, 02:59 am »
In addition, Chii seems a bit too 'innocent' for Fai. Even IF Hideki didn't exist, I don't know if Fai would be attracted to someone like Chii, since he seems rather jaded himself. Though that's just a personal observation. :heh:
I agree. Chii is innocent. She is like a little child. I believe that fai is more of "danger" type.  I wonder who that could be :hehe:
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #23 on: August 03 2006, 03:03 am »
I agree. Chii is innocent. She is like a little child. I believe that fai is more of "danger" type. I wonder who that could be :hehe:

XDDD

Yeah, Fai seems a bit older, be it mentally or physically. So I don't think Chii would appeal to him. That's why she's his pet, not his...l-l-lover...*can't even think about it without cringing*

...You know, I really don't dislike Chii. I don't love her, but in Chobits at least, I was fairly neutral to her presence. But I REALLY dislike her when I think about her with Fai. It's just so...uuuugggh.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #24 on: August 03 2006, 04:44 am »
Same, I wasn't bothered by her before, but every tiem I see a Fai/Chi hint I just....ugh.

Same for Tomoyo/Kuro, except I LOVED Tomoyo in CCS.
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline quimmy

• Everybody! Do the canon dance! <(*.*<)
  • Big Fan
  • <3
« Reply #25 on: August 03 2006, 04:50 am »
Kuro/Tomo doesn't bother me too much, but Fye/Chii is just all types of wrong. I love Hideki, how can legions of fans abanon him just because Fye and Chii hug once?!
Sign me up please!!

Thanks babypiggy for the set!! <3

Inside an endless conflict
The man has begun to  understand
The reason he fights

Forum Family
| Big Sister - Time Machine |
| Little Sister- babypigggy |
| Twin sister - Starfire |
| Pet Kitties (nyaa!) - hoshisenshi - Jeanette |
<3<3<3<3

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #26 on: August 03 2006, 05:35 am »
Kuro/Tomo doesn't bother me too much, but Fye/Chii is just all types of wrong. I love Hideki, how can legions of fans abanon him just because Fye and Chii hug once?!
Sign me up please!!

Thanks! Added you.

Yes, even though we are anti-Fai/Chii, let's stay away from outright bashing. Insulting without giving a reason, you know. Or attacking Fai/Chii fans.

I agree with the people who said Chii is too innocent to be suited to Fai. I think that would be kind of...creepy. Hideki is also somewhat naive, so I like him with Chii, but Fai's a bit too jaded, yes.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #27 on: August 03 2006, 05:40 am »
Don't ask, why I came up with this >_>
Show content
Hideki: Chi I"m home! *looks around* Chii, where are you
Fai: Hey Hideki, Chii is kind of umm.... busy at the moment.
Hideki: BUSY, what.....wait...not again.. did you turn her back into alarm system *eyes turn red*
Fai: Alarm System is a bad word to use. I like to use, "Safety Line"
Hideki: *kills fai*

*sorry about that guys. I know its bad >.<
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 03 2006, 05:48 am »
Don't ask, why I came up with this >_>
Show content
Hideki: Chi I"m home! *looks around* Chii, where are you
Fai: Hey Hideki, Chii is kind of umm.... busy at the moment.
Hideki: BUSY, what.....wait...not again.. did you turn her back into alarm system *eyes turn red*
Fai: Alarm System is a bad word to use. I like to use, "Safety Line"
Hideki: *kills fai*

*sorry about that guys. I know its bad >.<

Heavens, this is hilarious!
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #29 on: August 03 2006, 05:52 am »
I agree with Chii saying that Hideki is her 'specail someone just for me'. Plus I'm a supporter of KuroxFai...Sign me up for this campagin!!  :keke:

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline dark_persian

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #30 on: August 03 2006, 06:55 am »
I posted my con Fai/Chii post in the chapter discussion section since, well I just needed somewhere to vent it! Subsiquently, it was off topic! So I'm going to be really boring and just cut and paste my rant to this topic because, dammit, I want that cheesecake!

Thinking logically, the FaixChii pairing makes very little canon sense to me. No canon sense at all infact.

As many people have said, CLAMP have established the rule that, even though characters belonging to different worlds may act differently because of growing up in a different environment, their heart/soul remains the same. Now why on earth would CLAMP contradict their own rule by pairing Chii with Fai? Chii, as we all know, has already found her one-and-only soulmate: her "Special someone just for her", and that soulmate is Hideki. Pure and simple. Nothing more to it. She spent 8 graphic novels looking for him for crying out loud!
If CLAMP liked the way Chii and Fai looked together I have no doubt that they would have used Chii's poor, loveless twin Freya instead. Thinking logically, would they really trample all over their Chobits series for a pairing that could so easily be substituted?
That would make absolutely no sense!

Have we had an example yet of a CLAMP character that has a soulmate in one of their previous manga series and has turned up head over heels with someone else in Tsubasa?
No.
Touya is still with Yukito, Sorata still loves Arashi, Syaoran still loves Sakura (and vice versa), Ashura still loves Yasha, Yuzuriha still has a deep connection Kusanagi. The list goes on.

Now, I think someone has mentioned that these rules do not apply to unrequited love in the CLAMPverse.
In Rayearth Primera had an unrequited love for Lantis, but in Tsubasa, it seems she has found a soulmate in Shougo.

With all these facts in mind, the best the Fai/Chii shippers can hope for in Tsubasa is a one sided love. Fai could love Chii and the love not be returned, or Chii could love Fai and the love not be returned. But of course, by just reading Fai and Chii's conversation we can see how unlikely it is for either of those options to be true!
When Fai told Chii that he was leaving, was she upset? No, not at all. Just a little confused with that adorable Chii-like innocence. Can you imagine her reaction if Hideki told her he was going to leave her? In Chobits, even before she realised she loved him, she was reduced to tears at the thought of being parted with him.

Why exactly Chii was created we have still to find out. But Fai certainly didn't seem at all cut up about leaving her behind. A quick cuddle, a few "Good Chii! Good Chii!"s as if she was a some kind of pet and off he went, not seeming bothered that he'd left her dangling in net form above the man that would be after his blood once he woke up!!
We have to conclude that 1) For some reason Ashura is no threat to Chii, even when he is awake, or 2) Fai has little regard for Chii's wellbeing and cares more about his own safety. (Which seems very Fai-like to me)
Fai has a great deal of magical power. If he truly loved Chii he would have brought (or at least tried to bring) her with him. If Yukito can transport two people to another dimension, why not Fai too? But no, Fai was as flippant as could be about leaving Chii as she obviously serves the purpose of an alarm system for him where she is.
It was only as he looked down at Ashura in the pool that he had that look of turmoil and regret on his face. A sorrow and fear that Fai has carried with him all through the TRC adventures. He's constantly thinking back Ashura. He's never once thought back to Chii.

Why are they so touchy feely then? The answer is obvious! Both of them love the physical contact with people. In Chobits, Chii loved to cuddle, touch and fling herself with innocent intent at the people she liked as friends. She hurled herself into Manager Uda's lap after he gave her a job at his bakery.
Fai has flung his arms around loads of people in Tsubasa! Both Fai and Chii are just very touchy feely characters. A fact that embarrasses Hideki, and frustrates Kurogane no end!!

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #31 on: August 03 2006, 07:30 am »
I agree with Chii saying that Hideki is her 'specail someone just for me'. Plus I'm a supporter of KuroxFai...Sign me up for this campagin!! :keke:
Little sis, you join, yeah! cheesecake for you

A fact that embarrasses Hideki, and frustrates Kurogane no end!!
lol
center]

Forum Family

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #32 on: August 03 2006, 03:25 pm »
(the last time i entered a discussion i ended up insulting someone without knowing it but here goes anyway :sweatdrop:)

why is everybody getting so worked up on Fai/Chii....it's never gonna happen anyway, clamp will see to that *points to the last TRC chaptres* even i as KuroXTomo supporter can't denie that KuroXFai has a very good chance of happening now. And the ep with Chii.....it was just a father/daughter or old friends going out thing.....there wasn't any romance between them, and that everybody is mad that Hideki got left out. I don't remember seeing him in the manga either so it was to be expected that he wouldn't be in the anime. it's too bad but it can't be helped.....

okay enough ranting from me, i'm not making sense at all :sweatdrop:
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #33 on: August 03 2006, 04:00 pm »
that's good then :)

i wonder how long this topic will keep friendly and flaming free........
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Becster

• Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #34 on: August 03 2006, 06:51 pm »
that's good then :)

i wonder how long this topic will keep friendly and flaming free........

No flaming here. I think it'd be better if we all just spoke about it rationally. XD

On another note:

Arcademan, in the politest way possible; where else could we put this thread? It's not just for the Remembering Hideki part, it's also for discussing reasoning behind why we personally think that FaiXChi doesn't work. In that respect, I believe this is the best place for the thread; as we are both supporting a Clamp!Canon pairing, and discussing reasons for not liking certain fan-pairing in Tsubasa that involve one of the characters.

None of us are asking you to get involved with this thread; if you don't like it, then that's fine. But a lot of us would rather we had a place to discuss this than going off on a tangent in other threads. Having people ask you about the campaign in the middle of...say...the 'Chapter 123' discussion thread is nice, but it's not exactly on topic. Rather than keep going off topic on other threads Capella and I thought it a better idea to have a thread for this thing alone. Being that it also revolves around a Tsubasa theme, we discussed it with Sakaki so that we could put this in a place which wouldn't cause any problems.

So far, no one has had any problems. And I'm quite happy with it that way.

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family

Offline Bra-chan

• Ice-cream fan de~su =^.^=
« Reply #35 on: August 03 2006, 10:34 pm »
Fai/Chii idea just killing me =_____=
There is no way to they will end up together... I hope  :dodge:

sign me up too please  :wave:

" You will be able to meet different people. And then one day You'll never see them again. "

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #36 on: August 03 2006, 11:39 pm »
*is literally eating cheesecake right now*

Yes, Fai/Chii will never happen, not just because of Hideki and Kurogane, but because there's no real physical chemistry. They almost look like they could be brother and sister. Sure, they're cute together, but that's about the extent of their relationship so far.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Becster

• Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #37 on: August 04 2006, 05:14 am »
i agree on this but shall we get back to the real discussion? It's more fun to talk about that ^^

Yeah, back to the discussion people! *waves flags*

(I'm still fangirling over Chapter 124 X3!!!)

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella

Forum Family

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #38 on: August 04 2006, 05:21 am »
I think everyone is still fangirling over 124, lol.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 04 2006, 05:24 am »
Yup, me too. Actually, I can't think of anything else. My whole day, my entire thinking and everything is focused on KuroFai and the latest events! *feels obsessed*
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~