AuthorTopic: [TRC RP]The Kingdom Of Clow - When The Moonlight Fades Away  (Read 19047 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Re: [TRC RP]The Kingdom Of Clow - When The Moonlight Fades Away
« Reply #20 on: August 01 2005, 06:49 am »
"M..Mula?" Yukito gasped, fully aware that a look of horror was passing across his face. Mula was the one person he didn't trust in this palace. He knew too well that the other mage had his eye on Touya, and had been very much put out on hearing that Yukito had got the position of High Priest, and not him.

Suddenly, he realised what Konan had said afterwards.

"Bring back the princess? No! Without being able to travel and find her feathers, she'll never be the same Sakura-hime! She may even die if she hasn't got enough!" Grabbing his cloak, and wrapping it around himself, he urged Konan out of the room, and followed him, closing the door behind him.

"We have to see His Majesty right away!" Mula shouldn't have enough power to summon the princess through dimensions....and that's what worries me. Something will go wrong, I just know it! And the princess shouldn't be brought back anyway! Travelling with Syaoran is the best way to ensure her safety and survival!

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
Re: [TRC RP]The Kingdom Of Clow - When The Moonlig
« Reply #21 on: August 02 2005, 03:53 pm »
"Of course, my King."

Mula stepped toward a pitcher on the table in the corner and poured the liquid into a cup for the King. With a quiet movement of his hand, he slipped a small pinch of powder into the cup. It was nothing extreme, nothing dangerous, just a little aid to help the King relax ... to calm his mind.

He presented the cup to the King, and stepped back respectfully as Touya lifted it to his lips. He bowed low again, but felt a small thrill run through him, realizing the King...Touya... was this close to him.

"Your Majesty has my most complete and devout loyalty, I assure you."

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #22 on: August 02 2005, 06:56 pm »
"Of course, my King."

Loyalty...
True, Yukito hadn't trusted Mula, but why?
And how much was trust worth? For he had trusted Yuki and then awoken to
find his very sister no longer in this world.

At least someone is doing as I ask...
Touya lifted the cup to his lips and emptied it in one long drink, as the mage stood close by, head lowered respectfully.
This is how it should be.....

Mula's words echoed in Touya's mind....
"Even if his request is impossible, as Your Majesty's subject I could not give up without trying."
"And I would not trust anyone who does."

Touya was beginning to feel a faint glimmer of hope as he looked at the man, so eager to help, so eager to do whatever he asked of him.
At least someone understands me....
And as he held the cup out to Mula to refill, Touya began to feel strangely calmed by the man's presence, beginning to see the man as perhaps an ally, and realized that at last, he was starting to feel better about the whole situation...........

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #23 on: August 02 2005, 07:46 pm »
Reaching the King's chambers, Yukito knocked loudly on the door, hoping that Touya would answer.

Come on, To-ya....open the door. We need to talk......

Getting no response, Yukito raised a hand to knock again, only to let it fall to his side with a gasp as one of his flashes of foresight came to him. Losing control of his body momentarily, he felt himself go limp and slump backwards into Konan's concerned arms as the images flashed before his eyes.

Touya....angry
Yelling at him and gesturing wildly....
Mula's satisfied face.....

A faceless person tied to a wall and whipped.....

Trembling from the after effects of such violent scenes, Yukito managed to get himself under control, and nodded his head in thanks to Konan. Then, taking a deep breath, he knocked once more on the door.

After all, that future wouldn't happen for a long time.

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #24 on: August 03 2005, 02:47 pm »
Touya stood at the large window, drinking from the cup Mula had refilled and brought to him, again with that humble bow of respect.

The man smiled at the King, respectfully, supportively, and Touya found himself giving a nod in return, feeling a kind of dazed calmness growing over him, which was a welcomed relief from the anger and frustration he'd felt for the last many hours.

A loud rap at the door brought the King partially out of his daze, and he motioned to Mula to answer it as he remained at the window, not wanting anything to disturb the slight bit of peace he was suddenly experiencing..........

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #25 on: August 04 2005, 11:36 am »
Mula smiled back at the King - his potion was working. Touya trusted him completely. Then, a loud knock broke into his world.

He felt resentment rising inside him at whoever dared to interrupt them. Nonetheless, he moved at the King's order to open the door. As soon as he came face to face with Yukito, his eyes hardened. He pasted on a thin smile, but it didn't disguise his distaste for the man in front of him.

"The King does not wish to be disturbed," he told the High Priest coolly.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #26 on: August 04 2005, 09:09 pm »
Yukito's mouth set into a grim line, his usual smile quickly vanishing from his face.

"Mula, I need to talk to His Majesty right now. I don't know what you've been telling him, but from what Konan has told me, you're planning to bring the Sakura-hime back." He spoke clearly and decisively, throwing off his Yukito-ness easily. It wasn't Touya's friend who stood there in front of Mula now.

It was an experienced High Priest, exuding huge amounts of power and staring sternly down at his subordinate.

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #27 on: August 05 2005, 06:24 am »
Konan quickly followed the priest to Touya's room. Reaching it, he waited silently as Yukito knocked upon the door. As Mula's face appeared, a dark shadow crossed his face.

The King does not wish to be disturbed.

He gave Mula a hard glare.
"You should let his majesty in, Mula."

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #28 on: August 05 2005, 06:54 am »
Mula inclined his head in the smallest bow. "I am only expressing the wishes of His Majesty. I'm sure you can understand the King is still grieved with the loss of his sister. But, as you wish..." Mula stepped aside, allowing the High Priest to enter. He wasn't stupid enough to challenge a man superior to him in magic power, and disobeying the High Priest in front of the King wasn't going to get him the trust he needed.
"Yukito," he added as the priest passed him, using his name rather than his title, "You should know as well as I that it is not possible for Sakura to be brought back. Your bodyguard's words are obviously lies." He sent a glare of disdain in Konan's direction.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #29 on: August 05 2005, 07:08 am »
Yukito glared at Mula as he swept into the room, uncharacteristically planning several unpleasant demises in his head for the other wizard.

"I would trust Konan with my life. He's shown me more loyalty than you have ever done, Mula. Why should I turn against him in favour of you? Your slippery words will not work on me." He said calmly, ignoring the way Mula was glaring back at him.

Stopping a little way from Touya, Yukito bowed down, before straightening up and gazing seriously at his king.

"To....Your Majesty. We need to talk. Urgently. Preferably without the....pleasant......company of Mula."

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #30 on: August 05 2005, 07:24 am »
Touya felt only a dazed sort of relief as Mula went to the door and so obviously tried to protect him from any distractions........annoyances.....by trying to discourage the visitors.
He understands......this is the first time I've felt at peace in so long....

But then Touya heard the voice of the High Priest.....insisting, and then Konan's voice rising to demand entrance, and watched as Mula stepped away from the door and the High Priest hurried in to stand before him.

Touya turned away from Yukito, to stare out the window, not wanting to look into the eyes of the High Priest, not wanting to see - only wanting to be alone with the peace he had so mercifully felt........
Yuki..........why?

"What?" Touya asked coldly, refusing to look back at him. "What is worth this disturbance?" He quietly demanded, ignoring Yukito's request to be alone.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #31 on: August 05 2005, 07:35 am »
Yukito winced at the cold tones in Touya's voice, but steeled himself and pushed ahead. Keeping Sakura in the other world was more important than keeping hiw own heart intact.

"I have been informed that Mula had told you that it may be possible to bring Sakura back....that he'd die trying. I am here to assure you that if Mula tried, Sakura will be the one to die. A failed spell would only result in pulling half of her through...and leaving the other half in the other dimension."

Closing his eyes, Yukito rested on his staff for support, suddenly feeling the weariness of grief finally beginning to set in.

"You Majesty....To-Ya.....I beg of you....please hear me out."

To-Ya.....open your heart to me once more. Your coldness is killing me softly....can't you see?

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #32 on: August 05 2005, 08:28 am »
"You Majesty....To-Ya.....I beg of you....please hear me out."
"To-Ya"

The High Priest's words tore through Touya's heart, ripping away the calm he had felt only moments before. With every word from Yukito's mouth, Touya hurt more............and this angered him.
How can I love you after what you've done.......after what you now will not do?
"No.......I will hear no more," Touya growled in a low voice. "I will hear nothing else on this topic from you, Yukito." And then Touya turned toward the High Priest - not looking in his eyes, but past him to Mula, trying to regain that feeling of comfort and calm the man had somehow provided him.........

"You sent my sister out of this very world, Yukito.......then you refuse to bring her back! Do you know where you sent my sister? Do you know my sister isn't in danger this very second? Can you tell me my sister isn't lying somewhere dead as you stand here refusing to bring her back?" Then the King paused. "Mula is your partner now, Yukito. You will work with him to bring my sister back. Perhaps show him whatever it is you think he doesn't know about the situation, teach him if you must. For to do otherwise will result in you losing your position as High Priest." Touya finally met Yukito's eyes, "Do you refuse?"

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #33 on: August 05 2005, 12:16 pm »
Yukito stared in disbelief at Touya, unable to comprehend how the calm and gentle man that he had once known was standing in front of him, refusing to see sense and threatening him. Closing his eyes in pain, Yukito bowed his head.

"Then, I guess I have no choice Your Majesty." He murmured softly, looking up at the king. Seeing the look of triumph on Touya's face, and the one of disbelief on Mula's, Yukito smiled sadly at his monarch.

"I choose to resign from my position as High Priest. I will play no part in harming the hime, or hampering her recovery. I cannot believe that you would think that I'd send your sister away just to get killed.......when all I have given you is many years of service, and friendship. I wish you pleasant dreams, Your Majesty."

Bowing deeply to Touya, Yukito straightened up, allowing the king to see the deep hurt in his eyes. Then, with a final nod of his head to Mula, Yukito swept swiftly from the room and along the corridor.

It was only once he was back in the privacy of his own chambers that he began to weep.
« Last Edit: August 06 2005, 05:45 am by Ruby Chan »

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #34 on: August 06 2005, 05:44 am »
Konan was waiting patiently outiside. Then seeing Yukito come out, a his eyes welled up with tears, his chest tightened. He bit his lip, restraining himself from speaking; as he watched the priest walk silently back into his room.

Yukito...

He entered the king's quarters, frowning. "Your highness.."

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #35 on: August 08 2005, 08:17 am »
"Mula is your partner now, Yukito. You will work with him to bring my sister back." "For to do otherwise will result in you losing your position as High Priest." Touya finally met Yukito's eyes, "Do you refuse?"

Touya stood, mildly shaking, hearing the words come from his mouth.....words that he never could have imagined he would say to Yukito.....words that were killing him as he spoke them...as he spoke - as if from a dream.....as if he couldn't control the feelings of anger and betrayal that he felt welling up inside him...as if under a spell......

"I choose to resign from my position as High Priest."
 "I wish you pleasant dreams, Your Majesty."

And then Yukito had looked into his eyes, revealing the deep hurt Touya was causing him. The King felt an emptiness at Yuki's words......had nearly reached out a hand to stop him from leaving, wanting desperately to pull him back to him and erase that hurt....to halt the disaster that was happening right before his dark eyes........but something stopped him.....

As the High Priest walked swiftly from the room, Touya's mind flashed back to a night that now seemed so far away....when he had, for the first time, held Yuki in his arms and loved him........

Then a voice broke through his haunted memory........as Konan began to speak....
"Your highness.."

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #36 on: August 08 2005, 11:12 am »
"your highness.." he repeated, kneeling before the king.
Then getting up, he stared hard into the kings dark eyes.
 "Please forgive me for saying this, but you're taking this too far. The priest is your dearest friend...my childhood friend..why would you now trust Mula more?"
He turned towards the doorway, preparing to leave. He paused, his back facing Touya. "I would think twice... before trusting the new high priest, your majesty."
With that said, he left the room.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #37 on: August 08 2005, 12:00 pm »
"Please forgive me for saying this, but you're taking this too far. The priest is your dearest friend...my childhood friend..why would you now trust Mula more?"

Touya blinked in confusion at Konan's words.
Why.........why would I now trust Mula more......
The King felt torn....confused......what was he doing? What was he thinking?
Would Yukito send his sister away......only for her to be hurt?
What have I done.....

And Konan's last words...
"I would think twice... before trusting the new high priest, your majesty."

Touya watched Konan walk away, then turned to speak to the man who had stood so silently by during the conversation with the High Priest. "I have to stop Yukito......" he said, running his hand through his dark hair. "I don't know what I'm doing, I fear I've made a terrible mistake.....been too harsh..."
The King slowly turned to leave the room....to find Yukito.......

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #38 on: August 09 2005, 03:35 am »
Yukito sat at his desk, staring blankly at the scrolls laid out in front of him. The tears had stopped long ago, leaving behind only the deep ache of a pain he felt deep within him. The conversation had put a crack in his heart as surely as dropping it would have, and it hurt just to think about the angry look in his friend's....his koi's eyes.

The scrolls in front of him held spells for erasing emotions like these....ones that would harden his heart until it was icy and cold as the moon itself, protecting itself from the world he lived in. But Yukito wasn't sure if he was willing to go that far just yet....to change himself into a cynical being, to see his eyes become cold as he looked in the mirror.

To-Ya......can I really do this to myself? Have your words hurt me so? If only you could have followed me, instead of just letting me go....maybe we could have made this right.....

((OOC - anyone guess where I took inspiration for the scrolls from? Cough, cough *Yue*))

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #39 on: August 10 2005, 01:21 pm »
The King walked down the halls towards the High Priest's rooms.....not knowing what he would say....not knowing what he was thinking anymore.
He felt dizzy....not right......the feelings of calmness and security that he had experienced earlier....... slipping away.

He vaguely heard footsteps behind him....but didn't turn to see if it was indeed the other mage, Mula, following after him. He couldn't be bothered with anything now......except talking to Yukito, trying to understand....why?
If only he could understand, perhaps he could forgive....

He reached out to knock on the High Priest's door, when he suddenly heard a whispering voice behind him.......