AuthorTopic: Final Fantasy Series  (Read 98021 times)

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• Dean Winchester is tied up in my closet!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • 100% Dean Winchester Obsessed!
Final Fantasy Series
« on: May 26 2005, 12:04 pm »
Quick Question!
What's everyone's favourite Final Fantasy game?

Mine would have to be FF7. I've had that game for around 8 years and I've never gotten tired of it.
Holy crap...8 years....crazy. Mostly because of Sephiroth...he's my favourite villian ever.

Although the game with the best graphics I would think would be FFX....I haven't played XI so I can't say if it was any better.
~--------~~--------~
Rest in peace my furry friend.
Cinnamon - November 15th, 1990 - January 21st, 2006
~--------------------~
-AV NOT made by me. Creater unknown.-

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
Re: Final Fantasy Series
« Reply #1 on: May 27 2005, 05:23 am »
FFVII is definatly the Best one allround, but my fav is FFVIII mainly because Squall and I were so alike when i started playing it , you could say i literally "took up the role as Squall" and i loved every moment of it (especially sinve VIII was my first FF Game) and naturally VII was my 2nd FF game and i loved that to bits too, i loved going over all the little bits and bobs and secrets.

i really hope that they remake that game with good graphics like they did in teh PS3 Production Trailer of FFVII preview (they showed the very start of FFVII is AMAZING Graphics) here is the link for it HERE seriously i know its only a tech demo but god i wish they would do it in such awesome graphics, ya know they probably did THAT game just to make us want it even more !! EVIL !!!

and i also loved FFIX that was just a really cool storyline and i couldn't get enough of all the places to go and it just made me wanna play more and more, i also used to be a big fan X and X-2 but due to personal problems and character relations i decided to change my view and hate it ... a lot

and i played FFXI at a EGN Expo i went to last year where they had the game running on Lan, i thought it was alright but the controls were so complicated and i care not to buy it for teh Monthly Rate, i think Squaresoft is pushing it a bit there...

i have also watched the trailers for FFXII and i am SO Looking forward to it, it looks so big (reminds me of FFIX) and it looks like it could give some great story, also i can sense the relationship between teh main male character and female character to be a plot twister ... i think i read somewhere they could even be brother and sister so w00t for incest (this is mainly hypothesised)

and wow Advent Children looks SO Awesome, here's a new trailer for it (not new, more latest) right HERE
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #2 on: May 27 2005, 09:18 am »
FFVIII definitely. Goin through 4 discs is worth it, and the story is so good!  Even though FFIX is my first FF game, FFVIII is still the best. Probably second is X-2, yeah, Yuna rocks with those guns! :D

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #3 on: May 27 2005, 09:24 am »
i haven't played any of the games but i love FFX and FFX-2 XD they're both cool in my mind..

hehe.. i have the umm dvds of the whole game but it's played.. and i never actually played any of the games.. XD hehe

the newest one out right now looks really nice.. umm FFXII i believe haha.. the characters look like the characters from FFX though.. O.O lolz
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #4 on: May 27 2005, 10:38 am »
i haven't played any of the games but i love FFX and FFX-2 XD they're both cool in my mind..

hehe.. i have the umm dvds of the whole game but it's played.. and i never actually played any of the games.. XD hehe

the newest one out right now looks really nice.. umm FFXII i believe haha.. the characters look like the characters from FFX though.. O.O lolz

FFXII isn't out yet... and i havn't heard any news on it in ages

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #5 on: May 27 2005, 11:25 am »
NO it is FFXII haha.. i searched it under google.. and no it's not the game i like.. i just saw pictures.. XD it looks really nice.. XD

like i said before i never played the game in my life before.. XD
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #6 on: May 27 2005, 11:41 am »
and i'm just saying because you said FFXII was the new one out right now, but i don't think its released outside Japan yet. so technically its not out yet  :tongue3:

but at the rate the Final Fantasy Series is going i doubt they will ever finish, can you imagine "Final Fantasy two hundred and four" ? XD

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #7 on: May 27 2005, 11:58 am »
204!! lmao.. i think i'll be dead for like 100s of years already.. but for FFXII the characters remind me of the characters from FFX a lot..

my friend says they look exactly alike.. o.O so probably future ones, the characters are going to be similar but the games are different.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #8 on: May 27 2005, 12:01 pm »
well the simple reason they look alike if because they are using the same character engine as XI and X-2 so of course the look similiar. i'v played X and X-2 to a point and i can't say that the characters in XII look alike to them .. at all really .. i suppose they do look alike to people who havn't played other games but to us FF fans they look differen't :D

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #9 on: May 27 2005, 12:03 pm »
haha my friend does play the game.. and she's the one who told me that.. lolz.. i don't really see they look the same though.. lolz and i don't play the game.. but they do remind me of yuna and tidus from FFX.. XD

i want to play the game though.. haha although i'm not a gamer for ANYTHING.. i really wanted a PS2 for FFX.. but i don't have one.. *sigh

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #10 on: May 27 2005, 12:25 pm »
urgh.. your right they do look like them *sighs ... waves hands* but please no relate them to that *bows* but try not to relate them to those characters because they arn't them !! they are new ones !!

blarg, here's some info on them from ffxii.net

----

Vaan    A boy who would be a sky pirate

Race: Hume
Vaan is an easy going, positive young man who lives in the former Dalmasca Kingdom, now under the rule of the Archadian Empire. Vaan lost his family in a previous conflict and now dreams of commanding an air ship to escape the conquering Archadia. Vaan joins the resistance in order to free the citizens and the royal family of Dalmasca. 

-----

Ashe     A princess. When all is lost, she builds it anew.

Race: Hume
Ashe is the daughter and only child of King Dalmasca, who died during the Archadian invasion. After Dalmasca was conquered, Ashe disappears and forms the resistance against Archadia. She hopes to free the people of Dalmasca from the rule of the Empire. 

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #11 on: May 27 2005, 05:47 pm »
Ooo....the story sounds nice. I saw a trailer of it, graphics were amazing.

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline Shinigami Zero

• The sword that cleaves evil
  • Mega Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 28 2005, 04:52 am »
xD

Vaan and Ashe totally sound like Vyse and Fina from Skies of Arcadia. Well, Ashe is a bit different...but it's close enough. :p

Anyways, FF6 was definitely my favorite of the FF RPGs. I mean, you had 15 characters to choose from. One of which was the legendary SLAM DANCING MOOGLE. I think that's a win right there. Plus it had Kefka, the most unapologetically insane genocidal villan ever. He had a spiffy fashion sense as well.
一刀!両断!!
"Single stroke! Bisection!"
我が斬艦刀に…断てぬものなし!
"There are none before my Zankantou... who have not been cleaved!"

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #13 on: May 28 2005, 07:02 pm »
I am more of an old-school FF fan.

FFIII, FFV and FFVI are my favorites.

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Shinigami Zero

• Mega Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 30 2005, 05:56 pm »
Indeed, I quite enjoyed the job-changing of FF5. Nothing like being able to change your party's abilities to suit each foe.
一刀!両断!!
我が斬艦刀に…断てぬものなし!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #15 on: June 07 2005, 03:38 am »
hm, which console was FFV on again ?
was it a snes ?

Offline Shinigami Zero

• Mega Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 10 2005, 01:20 pm »
Yep, though I believe it was finally released in the States as a part of one of those two-game PSX mini-collections.
一刀!両断!!
我が斬艦刀に…断てぬものなし!

Offline LemonPing

• Good Fan
  • This is Kobato-chan from CLAMP's Kobato(Temporary)
« Reply #17 on: June 10 2005, 03:58 pm »
i think so far the best graphics has to be FFXII [12] ! u guys should check it out  http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=2006397
my fave is FFVII
i have ffV on ps one

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #18 on: June 10 2005, 09:16 pm »
Shinigami Zero - ah i see, and now just looking at your name it reminds me of Zero from Megaman X
i think so far the best graphics has to be FFXII [12] ! u guys should check it out http://www.1up.com/do/media?cId=2006397
and yup, just like i mentioned Here
teh graphics for the trailer is amazing. i am really excited about this game. can't wait till they dub all the voices and release it here !

and maybe they could do the same thing teh .Hack// games did, like when you finish the game you can replay it with Japanese Voices ?
like the original Voices to the Text. or you could select that before playing (English or Japanese)

plus i wanted to name the characters myself... does anyone know if you can do that no here ? because they are talking, do you think they would just dodge around the name like they did FFX or will they not let you Rename your characters.

and i have to say Oh My God teh trailer at the Sony Press Conference for FFXII is Totally AWESOME !! check the trailer out at  GameTrailers FFXII . this looks Phenominal !!
i am looking forward to thin game more than any other game.... i think ever.. *is huge modern Final Fantasy Fan*
 :lol: :haha: :lol: :haha:
« Last Edit: June 10 2005, 10:01 pm by VexNet »

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 10 2005, 10:25 pm »
My favorite of the Final Fantasy series is the little oddball one called Fianl Fantasy Tactics. I can play that one over and over again Tee!Hee!Hee!!! :D

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!