AuthorTopic: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 14: Black Steel  (Read 42684 times)

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
  • feel free to tag on my blog or add me on MSN^^
Re: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 14: Black Steel
« Reply #80 on: August 29 2006, 04:33 pm »
i think for episode 14 they should start it proper with them arriving in the town first.. starting straight away with Syaoran's narration and then straight into Kurogane's past is so abrupt.. i would not have known what is happening if i hadn't read the manga..

siggie made by Moon-Li.. thanz lots! aikoi^^

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #81 on: August 29 2006, 04:41 pm »
i think for episode 14 they should start it proper with them arriving in the town first.. starting straight away with Syaoran's narration and then straight into Kurogane's past is so abrupt.. i would not have known what is happening if i hadn't read the manga..

i think the next ep has a flashback that tells how they came in that world and found the book.....
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #82 on: August 29 2006, 04:53 pm »
oOoO.. i don't know about the next episode coz i only downloads the subbed versions.. ^^;

EDIT:
anyway i only noticed that the sword that killed his mum was from another dimension when i watched the anime.. i thought the sword was simply from the curtains behind the altar.. -.-"

anyway (again!) are there different ways of saying 'mother' and 'father' in Japanese.. i noticed kurogane said it differently as Sakura would say it in CCS.. and his mother called kurogane by another name.. is that like his pet name or something?

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #83 on: August 29 2006, 04:58 pm »
i can only watch Subbed versions, but somebody told me that
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #84 on: August 29 2006, 05:53 pm »
the thing with the pink rings: it still makes the scene look too froofy. it coulda ben done better, even WITHOUT having to slice thru kuro's hand.

as for the name "Haganemaru" 'maru' means lord[ i think...everyone in inuyasha that had "maru" at the end of their names was some lord or ruler of some sort], and hagane means steel...sooooo basicaly she was calling her son "Lord of Steel/Steel Lord' ? O.o
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #85 on: August 29 2006, 07:45 pm »
the thing with the pink rings: it still makes the scene look too froofy. it coulda ben done better, even WITHOUT having to slice thru kuro's hand.

as for the name "Haganemaru" 'maru' means lord[ i think...everyone in inuyasha that had "maru" at the end of their names was some lord or ruler of some sort], and hagane means steel...sooooo basicaly she was calling her son "Lord of Steel/Steel Lord' ? O.o

BTW... "maru" mean circle or ball.  Its just a way to make a name sounds like "ancient".  It has nothing to do with lord or ruler.  A ruler/lord is often address with the word "sama" in the end of his name ex.. kurogane-sama
« Last Edit: August 29 2006, 08:13 pm by sanlyn »

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #86 on: August 29 2006, 07:47 pm »
oh, my bad.. >_<
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #87 on: August 30 2006, 03:34 am »
Actually, maru IS used as a name suffix for young lords.  Sesshoumaru is an example of this.  Although it's literal meaning is 'circle, ball' or 'round' (depending on the kanji) it is also used as said suffix.

And for the person who asked earlier, there ARE different ways to refer to your parents.

Otou-sama/Otou-san/Otou-chan is the normal way to call your own father (from most respectful to most familiar).  Oka-sama/Oka-san/Oka-chan is the equivilant for mother.

The actual word for father is Chichi and the actual word for mother is Haha.  That is what you would say if you weren't actually speaking to them.

For example, when speaking to your father you would call him Otou-san but when saying something about your father to someone else you would refer to him as Chichi.

Chichiue and Hahaue are what Kurogane calls his parents.  It is an old, formal and now slightly archaic way of refering to your father and mother.  It isn't really used in Japan any more (my Japanese teacher said it was very archaic but I don't know if that's entirely true or not, it may still be used by older families in some parts of Japan).

There are also similar names for (older) brothers and sisters.  The normal names for brothers and sisters are onii-sama/onii-san/onii-chan and onee-sama/onee-san/onee-chan.  The actual word for brother is ani and the actual word for sister is ane.  The archaic versions of brother and sister are Aniki and Aneue.  Again, these aren't really used any more.

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #88 on: August 30 2006, 08:31 pm »
Wow, Selenityshiroi, I'm going to give you a cookie for that little lesson. I've been wondering about "Aniki" and stuff for a while. To your knowledge, is "Aniue" a word? Or someone messing up the translation?
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #89 on: August 30 2006, 10:05 pm »
thanks selenityshiroi  for that littel japan lesson!! wouldn't onee-chan and onii-chan (since the -ii sound is the same as the -ee sound) sound the same >.< or is there some kind of special pronounication?

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #90 on: August 31 2006, 12:17 am »
wouldn't onee-chan and onii-chan (since the -ii sound is the same as the -ee sound) sound the same >.< or is there some kind of special pronounication?

In English ee is pronounced as i, but not in Japanese. Hm... try pronouncing the e as in the word "get" but with a long vowel (that's the only English word with a fitting e sound I can think of at the moment) when you say oneechan, and there you'll have it.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #91 on: August 31 2006, 04:16 am »
Wow, Selenityshiroi, I'm going to give you a cookie for that little lesson. I've been wondering about "Aniki" and stuff for a while. To your knowledge, is "Aniue" a word? Or someone messing up the translation?

Yeay, cookies!  *munch*

I haven't ever seen aniue used, only aniki, but a quick look at Jim Breen's online dictionary has aniue listed as an honourable version of older brother so it isn't an error.

thanks selenityshiroi  for that littel japan lesson!! wouldn't onee-chan and onii-chan (since the -ii sound is the same as the -ee sound) sound the same >.< or is there some kind of special pronounication?

As Ando has already answered, the vowels are pronounced differently.

Japanese uses pure vowel sounds, very similar to the ones used in Latin. A is pronounced ah (like in Apple), i is pronounced ee (like the i in him), u is pronounced oo (like the u in tune), e is pronounced ehh (like the e in hemp) and o is pronounced oh (like the o in bottle).  All of the sounds are short and crisp.  When you have two vowels placed together in Japanese the sound is longer but not really different.

(Of course, I'm English, so I might pronounce these words slightly differently than any other English dialects!)

Onii-chan is pronounced oh-nee-cha-n and onee-chan is pronounced oh-nehh-cha-n.

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #92 on: September 01 2006, 10:34 am »
I haven't ever seen aniue used, only aniki, but a quick look at Jim Breen's online dictionary has aniue listed as an honourable version of older brother so it isn't an error.

Thank you. ^.^ I've never seen the word used anywhere outside of RG Veda scanlations, so I wondered if it was just the scanlators screwing something up.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #93 on: September 01 2006, 03:10 pm »
Thank you. ^.^ I've never seen the word used anywhere outside of RG Veda scanlations, so I wondered if it was just the scanlators screwing something up.

off-topic: while we're on the subject, i found manga's of RG Veda in the store yesterday (very happy fan! ^^) and the sword Kurogane uses in the Kudan world is from RG Veda O.o
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #94 on: September 07 2006, 08:39 am »
lemon tea chronicles for all 3 eps of lecourt is out

(not counting ep 43 as a lecourt ep )
http://lumivalkea.livejournal.com/273093.html
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Chang

• Dedicated Fan
  • yat yan sei gaai bui
« Reply #95 on: September 15 2006, 07:37 pm »
omg!!! this episode made me cry sooo much :cry: i knew what was going to happen in the end (coz i read the manga before i watched the anime) but it was just sooo sad to see them die... all on the same night as well :cry: anywayz, i thought that this episode was the best out of season 2.
I wonder what kind of fate awaits me?
I don't want to regret being born
There is courage inside my sadness
I believe I can grasp that radiance
The tears of the blue sky are pouring down
One day they'll change into smiles

Forum Family:
Tatasenko: my awesome sister ^_^

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #96 on: September 15 2006, 08:21 pm »
^ totally agrees i watched i=this episode twice!

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline batsbebe

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #97 on: September 28 2006, 08:04 am »
i felt so sad watching this too... knowing whats happening.  I love the manga though, and i cant bring myself to stop reading it and wait for the anime.  Unfortunately I have to wait for the subs as well,  but i am tempted to download the raws and read the manga-script along with it!  do ya think that could work?  hmmm... there would be extra parts....

well off topic kinda.

*waits in agony*

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #98 on: September 28 2006, 08:23 am »
the ep IS subbed, by anime4you
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline ModokiChu

• UWAI! Mokona Modoki mo todidoki! Kapoo! ~
« Reply #99 on: October 02 2006, 08:43 am »
This episode was soo cute and sad! >_< Kuro-pon was so funny as a little boy!

Ah! Kuro-pon! Kowaii! >_<