AuthorTopic: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 7: Ashura's Legend  (Read 28854 times)

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
Re: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 7: Ashura's Legend
« Reply #40 on: June 11 2006, 09:23 pm »
Okay, I finally saw the episode.

Animation was slightly off at times.
Music was good.
Show content
The relationship between Souseki and... that girl was now far too obvious. Atleast in the manga, it's a bit of a suprise when they return to see those two get married. >_>
They still left in that Fai's face turned pale at the mention of Ashura, which was a relief. Okay, maybe he didn't turn pale. But according to Kurogane, there was a reaction.
Fai joked around by saying that it was possible for Syaoran to dress up as a girl, and Kurogane was all "Don't be ridiculous." which was incredibly funny. XD
Not enough chopstick cuteness. His expression in the manga is really adorable, but here it was too bland.
There wasn't any 'Hyuu!" at all, after Kurogane knocked out that guy. >_>

Yup. That's all I got to say about it.

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #41 on: June 11 2006, 10:17 pm »
Thought the animation was REALLY poor in this episode.  I haven't complained about the animation before, but this episode was BAD.  Fay didn't look right ONCE in the episode (which is a shame because this arc has some of the little character development we've been given for Fay so far) and Syaoran was off a few times too.  Kurogane was a bit iffy as well, but less noticable.

Show content
Hated the scene with the priest and the girl.  Ruined all the surprise of Syaoran-tachi going back to the present at the end of the arc.  I don't like the way they dealt with the name dropping of Ashura, either.  Fay had more reaction in the manga (after Kurogane walked away) and that was IMPORTANT!  This is one of the more important arcs.  Putting aside all the Kurofay and S+S scenes, we learn about Yuuko's manipulation of the dimension travelling to stop Fei Wong Reed having any further influence.  I don't like the way they are handling it so far.  Maybe it will get better with subtitles but I'm not holding out hope.

Here's hoping the next three episodes are MUCH better.

Selenity

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
« Reply #42 on: June 12 2006, 12:23 am »
Well, Yuuko will be in the next episode (according to Mokona's voice over) so hopefully they will address that aspect.  Another vote for bad animation in this ep.  Fai looked so good last week too!  I really thought it was getting better, I don't understand why it keeps going back & forth.   It's like they just don't care.  The gang has never looked better than in Outo, but I don't understand why they can't be drawn like that all the time!  It's obviously not a money issue- did anyone else notice the sudden infusion of computer effects?

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #43 on: June 12 2006, 12:33 am »
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #44 on: June 12 2006, 01:22 am »
I actually thought Suzuran looked really cool. I really liked the colours they used for her clothes, maybe because I wasn't expecting it to be all red'n' black, as that colour scheme seems to be a Kuro thing.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Chibikawa

• Good Fan
  • The clueless
« Reply #45 on: June 12 2006, 02:58 am »
Show content
and why did syaoran just LET sakura hit the dirt? why didnt he try to catch her. he just waited 5 seconds looking at her on the ground then he went "hime!!" X-P
Show content
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing at the time. He's usually so quick to catch her whenever she's falling. I had to laugh.
I thought the animation looked a bit awkward at times, too. What I first noticed was Syaoran's animation after his dream. And then came Fai... they were icki-fied.

-If only the sun could give light to those burnt out stars, even for only a moment, so that they can say good-bye.

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #46 on: June 12 2006, 04:25 am »
I thought the animation was a little disapointing at times ;__;
its almost as if they try harder with the filler episodes and don't concentrate properly on the manga based oned ¬__¬

Show content
Hehe when those girls leap on Syaoran. lol fangirls much? XDD
The flashback was cute ^__^
Karen's animation was pretty good actually... though there was one scene where her legs look so long ^^;
I liked the scene when Syaoran saw the statue XDD it was cute. lol I just love this face O__O
And Syaoran crossdressing XDD classic! impressing the ladies with his super kicks. lol

so really, I enjoyed the episode, but I think the animation could have been better, espeically during Syaoran's dream and when he first wakes up. And stop cutting out the alcohol Bee train!!! ;_____; its funny!
They better not cut out the kiss coming up... ¬___¬

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #47 on: June 12 2006, 05:00 am »
Oh, hey! I just noticed. I guess
Show content
they decided that Kurogane and Fai didn't need any new clothes? They just wore their standard garb throughout the whole thing!

...Yes I'm slow and didn't notice until a second viewing.
« Last Edit: June 12 2006, 05:11 am by Emiko »

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #48 on: June 12 2006, 05:06 am »
Oh, hey! I just noticed. I guess
Show content
they decided that Kurogane and Fai didn't need any new clothes? They just wore their standard garb throughout the whole thing!
Yes I'm slow and didn't notice until a second viewing.
Show content
Hahahaha, you're right! Everything was waaaay too compressed into one episode so when that sort of thing happens, you don't even notice right away. They need a little work on pacing the series because they're trying to fit WAY too much into too little time. It's kinda sad XD

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #49 on: June 12 2006, 05:10 am »
Yeah... they give us three fillers and then rush the stuff that actually happened in the manga. You'd think they'd want to draw it out a little more so that they didn't catch up with CLAMP. It'd give them more to work with, after all.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #50 on: June 12 2006, 04:42 pm »
Yeah... they give us three fillers and then rush the stuff that actually happened in the manga. You'd think they'd want to draw it out a little more so that they didn't catch up with CLAMP. It'd give them more to work with, after all.

you're right, it doesn't make sense, they have the manga as a perfect referance for the animation and yet its not as good as it could be ;___;
plus they're rushing it so much they'll be done before CLAMP ^^;

Offline Jenx

• Flan > You
  • Good Fan
  • Dun wanna. D= You can't make me. D= Muffin! ^.^
« Reply #51 on: June 13 2006, 02:00 pm »
Wow. That... that sucked. ^.^; Phenomenally. Sorry, it did, cept the music. I demand a 3rd OST. Now. But yeah, the animation was messy, they messed up every scene with Kuro and Fai except the one talking about the statue, and Souseki? Dear god man, could you LOOK any weirder? DX
Show content
Am I loosing my mind or does Fai say "So that's Yasha's statue" before anyone ever mentions its name? Really, what's up with that? Bee Train, wake up and smell the plot holes!
...On the upside, Syaoran in pigtail braids was at least as amusing as it was in the manga. Probably more so because of the animated hordes of squealing women.
"A train stops at a train station. A bus stops at a bus station. On my desk, I have a workstation..."

Offline Mina

• Obsessed Fan
  • この世に「外人」なんていない
« Reply #52 on: June 16 2006, 11:45 am »
I'm getting more and more disappointed with the anime.... especially this episode... it was just.... ugh. they just messed up way too much stuff

Offline hoshinoyuki

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #53 on: June 17 2006, 03:30 am »
Syaoran looked so funny with the braids  :rotfl:
Can't help grinning each time I see him with the braids lol.

And his reactions about the Ashura statue was just soooo cute!

Offline bie liao

• Bishie of the moment : back on my Kamui spree
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #54 on: June 18 2006, 12:26 pm »
Hmm....

Hm....

Show content
Well, well.  I have to say I agree with everyone. I read through this before watching it, so I was prepared for bad animation, but at some parts I just wanted to cry.  Desperately.  The art shifted, and I can't remember when but Syaoran turned his head and I was completely distracted by his nose at one point.

It. Was. Weird.

As for the guy/girl people thingy's meeting in the woods, that was stupid.  Stupid stupid stupid.  CLAMP didn't have them meet in the manga for a reason.  The element of surprise!  When you know its going to be there when you get back, its not as interesting.

(Also, I agree on the Sakura falling thing.   When she stopped glowing, I was like "And now she'll fall..."  And that took several seconds, because apparently unconscious bodies can stand up for a while.  And then when she started tilting I was like, "And now Syaoran will catch her and I can at least fangirl a little- WHAAA?  HE LET HER DROP?!")

Also, the random tube of watery looking stuff in the sky is disturbing.

AAAND!  Fai didn't react like I wanted!  I can barely understand what's going on, so I was waiting for this blank expression on his face to tell me they were talking about Ashura, but he barely did anything!  Disappointed, me?  Yes.  That was a BIG moment for Fai lovers, and though I'm not one of them, I'm annoyed on their behalf.

Buuut, I liked the episode simply because its about time they got back to the storyline.  And Syaoran's crossdressing. XD  Gotta love that.

Oo, I ranted.
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

[ -  F o r u m  F a m i l y  - ]
Little sis - hikari_blaze ; babypigggy ; Okamirei ; wishingstarx
Big sis - Moon Li ; lilaznrycegurl ; Shiunu  ; Aya-chan
Aunt - pretty
Cousin - *+chibiwings+* ; Cherry-chan

My NEW Photobucket Account with never before seen graphics!

Offline kudan

• Warning: Username prone to changes. For user's safety, please use "kudan".
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #55 on: June 20 2006, 06:45 pm »
Ack! no matching sig. x_x
Avie done by Evercool-san from livejournal
http://www.yourfreespace.net/users/kudan/
LJ (Only thing left not set up - a personalised set of mood icons)
Forum Family
futago-chan: charcoalz
lil sister of DOOM: Zeldi-chan. XD
itoko-chan: Okamirei, SailorYue
imouto-chan: Møon Li
onii-san: Kuri-san
ane-san: Kairi (Ashlee), -=kuro_woof=-, ~Emethyst~<br />Master: Elysia Silvermoon (Firey)
Nightmare City
Nightmare City -Catastrophe-

Offline Anime4you

• Sakura's right hand :P
  • Big Fan
  • Sakura's right hand
« Reply #56 on: June 20 2006, 08:30 pm »
Yes ... I find it too...Yupeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

If you hope , your dreams will become true
Don't be scared... I'm usualy that stupid :D

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #57 on: June 20 2006, 09:34 pm »
Syaoran looked so funny with the braids  :rotfl:
Can't help grinning each time I see him with the braids lol.

And his reactions about the Ashura statue was just soooo cute!

i agree on that XD

there was some weird animation in this episode at some points but for the rest the animation was a lot better than in the first 'big world' in the 2nd season (the world with the racing stuff) and this episode was very interesting...

it seems like the 2nd season is finally going to start for real !

Show content
i'm curious who that guy with the sword from the preview is, he looked cool
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline KirakiraInu

• Good Fan
  • The Cat's Eye Cafe Kitties
« Reply #58 on: June 22 2006, 06:30 am »
Everyone seems to be complain'n about this episode, but to be honest, I didn't think it was that bad. I didn't notice that many flaws in the animation, and truthfully, I'd get pretty bored if Beetrain didn't change ANYTHING at all.
They say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom, and the forther you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you'll become as a result - Hiyono Yuizaki (Spiral-suiri no kizuna)

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #59 on: June 22 2006, 11:13 pm »
Show content
Am I the only one who laughed out loud when Syaoran gave his "helicopter-kick"? Cause seriously, I expected that kick to be much cooler... but it just looked so dumb. Bad animation... BAD animation.

Am I the only one who didn't mind them revealing Souseki and Suzuran's relationship? Cause even in the manga, I was hoping that they'd reveal more on their relationship... I don't mind the surprise. But I guess I just want to really see that they do love each other. ^^;;; That's me...

Yeah... but it's episodes like these that makes me really disappointed that Bee Train is doing Tsubasa. This and episode 29. -__-

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ