5 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 60

AuthorTopic: X 1999  (Read 25183 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« on: April 15 2005, 02:42 am »
I'm looking for any X 1999/X TV/ X 1999 manga fans out there!

Personally, I thought the X 1999 movie was a bit rushed and depressing (and annoying for killing off Subaru so soon) but I've heard that the tv series was much better. Is that true?
« Last Edit: May 04 2005, 03:38 am by Ruby Chan »

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline lumizstar

• ~Song of Peace~
  • Former Staff
  • Super Fan
  • ~Peace and Tranquility~
Re: X 1999
« Reply #1 on: April 15 2005, 02:52 am »
*waves my hand* Here ^^. I'm totally in love with the x 199 comic and anime ^^

Yes, the anime was better than the movie in a lot of ways, for example, the plot of the anime was more logical and reasonalbe, especially the ending, The anime was also more detailed, and this is very important as you know, x 1999 is very complex. Whereas my friend told me she didn't understand at all whats happening in the movie compared to the anime.
If you can dream it, you can do it.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

~Walt Disney

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #2 on: April 15 2005, 02:57 am »
I know what she means. If I hadn't read a couple of guides before watching the movie, i probably wouldn't have understood it either. I was surprised to find out that CLAMP did it, though. It's so different from what they usuallly do.

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Lexi

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 15 2005, 08:55 am »
OMG! I'm so happy there's an X section!!! My favourite character is sooo obvious - <3 Kamui <3  It's only because of Kamui that I love X so much :tongue:

I didn't like X anime nor the movie that much... They were good in their own places, but nowhere close to how amazing the manga is. I can't believe that CLAMP hasn't finished it yet -_-   It's ok tho~ because I'm very patient *for more Kamui cough cough*

Ohhh, how I wish I had a Kamui plushie!

Offline Fai D. Flowright

• Magician of Celes
  • Good Fan
  • Just call me Fai or Umi!
« Reply #4 on: April 15 2005, 09:17 am »
*raises hand* X/1999 and Fuuma fan here! I also kind of like Seishirou too~ *gets whacked* x_X; But I'm glad to see a X topic, yay!

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #5 on: April 15 2005, 05:13 pm »
I like Subaru and Kamui the best....Fuuma was good, but he went a bit OTT after he changed into the other Kamui.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #6 on: April 17 2005, 02:56 am »
Never seen Tokyo Babylon....but from the pics I've seen and the fanfic I've read, it was pretty cool. Subaru isn't yours....share him with the rest of us pelase! Ha Ha!

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #7 on: April 17 2005, 03:18 am »
Ok, but only from the tv series...he was only in the movie for about a minute....

Offline Zeldi

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Independent Love Song
« Reply #8 on: April 17 2005, 03:27 am »
yup!
Syaoran(TRC or CCS) Subaru(TB) Daisuke(D.N. Angel) Sakataki(TSK) and my boyfreind is mine! *Sorry if you think i´m crazy*
:inlove:

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #9 on: April 17 2005, 03:30 am »
Syaoran is just going too far! You can steal my Subaruy, but you can't steal our Syaoran!

I think I'm addicted to him....I have about 300 pics and a couple of posters....

Wish I had as many of Subaru...

Dragonia

« Reply #10 on: April 17 2005, 03:33 am »
yes she can
Zeldi has at least 800 posters and things like that on Syaoran Subaru and Daisuke in her room!
but she isn´t crazy! :)

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #11 on: April 17 2005, 03:39 am »
Thankyou! Does anyone else other than Zeldi and me think Subaru's the best?

Offline Zeldi

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Independent Love Song
« Reply #12 on: April 17 2005, 03:42 am »
yea some1 in sweden she adore Subaru and Kaumi and so do I ! ^^

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #13 on: April 17 2005, 03:45 am »
I love Kmaui's eyes...I got about 30 wallpapers of him just so I could look at those golden orbsof power...

...Ahem. The Clamp Warehouse at www.vequinox.net/wallpaper has some nice wallpapers of Kmaui and Subaru....from both X and TB

Offline Zeldi

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Independent Love Song
« Reply #14 on: April 17 2005, 03:48 am »
r you kidding! from www.vequinix.net/wallpaper
i have all pic on Kaumi Subaru Syaoran and many more! i can´t help it

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #15 on: April 17 2005, 04:13 am »
Um yeah...I like them all, but I think I prefer this one. www.vequinox.net/wallpaper/xff8.jpg

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #16 on: April 17 2005, 04:39 am »
I also got loads of wallpapers from Otaku.com...I think. I surf so much, I forget where I get things!

Anyway, if that's the right site, they have more anime X wallpapers. When you search for wallpapers, you'll have to log in to view the correct size, but here's a little secret -

Copy the preview picture, and it should work fine as a wallpaper anyway! : ) ha!

Offline Obsessive Touga Fan

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #17 on: May 03 2005, 07:20 am »
I adore all three versions of X - the manga, the TV series and the movie.

The TV series is probably my favourite version. I love the style of the animation, and the music is awesome (the piece that plays in nearly every episode, "Sadame" (Destiny), sends shivers down my spine and sets the perfect mood for the series). It's depressing in parts and uplifting in others, and I love the fact that it has so many characters who are all so well-realised (even the "villains", though there are a couple they didn't get round to).

The original manga is also beautiful, but I don't like the art quite so much. The story fits together a little more logically than in the TV series, and everything gets explained in more detail. I've only actually read up to about halfway through, but I have up to vol 17 sitting on my shelf, and I look forward to reading them. It's a shame it's not looking like CLAMP are going to do any more work on the series anytime soon.

Finally, the movie. It's a beautifully animated movie about a load of pretty people dying horrible deaths. It also has a story to accommodate this - one with a lot of concepts that really interested me and made me really, really want to get the manga and TV series (the movie was the first version of X I saw). I love the movie but recognise that it has major flaws. It's style over substance. (However, I don't understand how people can say it didn't make sense. The plot is paper-thin... what's to not make sense?)
« Last Edit: May 03 2005, 08:31 pm by Obsessive Touga Fan »

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #18 on: May 03 2005, 05:16 pm »
The series was so much better than the movie, and a lot less confusing....but the movie was still very good.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #19 on: May 04 2005, 03:27 am »
Ok, coming right up!

There! Say if I've missed anyone important out....please. I'm sure I forgot someone.....
« Last Edit: May 04 2005, 03:39 am by Ruby Chan »