AuthorTopic: Neon Genesis Evangelion  (Read 11637 times)

Offline c3d

• KB24 for MVP =]p
  • Super Fan
  • Ceddie
Neon Genesis Evangelion
« on: September 27 2005, 03:05 pm »
So what do you think of it??

Personaly, its because of Evangelion, i got into anime ^^  :D

i love the anime

Fav character is Rei Ayinami.

The only thing i didnt like is the endings, in the last episode and the end of evangelion ending XD

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion
« Reply #1 on: September 28 2005, 05:40 am »
Yep Rei Ayanami was a pretty good Character.
I Like Shinji, i used to be a lot like him, Very submissive.

I loved the ending to the EoE, and Iron Maiden was so awesome!!
I dun care what anyone says, I liked the N64 Game, it was fun.

so what does everyone think Gendo says to Ritsuko in EoE? (the part where you hear nothing)
"the truth is... I'm Gay"
"LIAR!!!"
lol..
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Alexiel

• Formerly Angelic-Essence
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #2 on: September 28 2005, 05:54 am »
Oiya? I think I've said my opinion on this anime too many times... Lol! Vex, I think you already know but I'll say it again. xD

Awesome anime. It was the first one I ever saw before actually watching anything else! But the wierd thing was that I started at episode 19... I just saw my brother watching it so what the heck. :lol:

Favorite character out of the entire series is Kaworu. Don't mess with the white hair! xD and the eyes. :P

Ah... pairings I can't decide. Too many mental disputes on which is better... Lol. Although I favor SxA more than SxR... don't kill me!! lol

As a last note, I despise the dubbed version. >_>

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #3 on: September 28 2005, 06:04 am »
how dare you! teh Dubbed is awesom!!
i loved the dub voices, they are so much more in character than the japanese one.

Although you gotta hand it to the Voice actors in teh japanese one for the EoE movie, The part where shinji Strangles Asuka, Teh VA for Shinji got so anxious actually Strangled the VA for Asuka!!! CRAZY!! teh VA for asuka couldn't deliver her lines very well after that!!

so does anyone else support the rumour that Asuka is pregnant at the end of the movie or what?

Offline c3d

• KB24 for MVP =]p
  • Super Fan
  • Ceddie
« Reply #4 on: September 28 2005, 11:06 am »
how dare you! teh Dubbed is awesom!!
i loved the dub voices, they are so much more in character than the japanese one.

Although you gotta hand it to the Voice actors in teh japanese one for the EoE movie, The part where shinji Strangles Asuka, Teh VA for Shinji got so anxious actually Strangled the VA for Asuka!!! CRAZY!! teh VA for asuka couldn't deliver her lines very well after that!!

so does anyone else support the rumour that Asuka is pregnant at the end of the movie or what?

Asuka pregnant?? how did you think off that??

because i forgot some scenes that happened.

i agree with vexnet, the dubbed version of Evangelion is real good, it dipicts the charcters personality. *the only anime i like watchin dubbed, oh yeah also besides  from excel saga*

and me i prefer SxR ^^

Offline Strawberry

• cRAzY fan
  • Strawberries Are Sweet
« Reply #5 on: September 28 2005, 09:02 pm »
I only watched the first 2 DVD's of Evangelion, also death & re-birth, so I am not familiar with the full series.

A question ~ Does Asuka & Shinji become some sort of couple in the end?

I just want to know because on my friends Evangelion forum, there was a member called Shinji Ikari & a member called Asuka and both of them are always talking to each other about love and being a couple!!!
I was confused because at first Shinji & Asuka didn't get along, but I suppose they might have got along in the end just like Sakura & Syaoran.

I think Asuka is pretty, but anyhow I agree Rei is cool because she is sweet unlike Asuka.
Do NOT under estimate the powers of strawberries

Saikou Ni Happy! Forum / NERV Forum

Offline c3d

• KB24 for MVP =]p
  • Super Fan
  • Ceddie
« Reply #6 on: September 28 2005, 10:32 pm »
I only watched the first 2 DVD's of Evangelion, also death & re-birth, so I am not familiar with the full series.

A question ~ Does Asuka & Shinji become some sort of couple in the end?

I just want to know because on my friends Evangelion forum, there was a member called Shinji Ikari & a member called Asuka and both of them are always talking to each other about love and being a couple!!!
I was confused because at first Shinji & Asuka didn't get along, but I suppose they might have got along in the end just like Sakura & Syaoran.

I think Asuka is pretty, but anyhow I agree Rei is cool because she is sweet unlike Asuka.

But it's weird because Shinji was chocking Askua in the end of, The end of Evangelion *Which confused the hell out of me*

but i guess they this strange relationship that ends up in a fight most of the time, but seem to be attracted to each other at the same time *shrugs*

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #7 on: September 29 2005, 01:44 am »
how can you not understand him choking her? She royally pissed him off throughout the WHOLE series. She was the ***** character. Asuka has never shown any flirtation with Shinji except for wanting to Kiss him (and that was probably because she needed some closure of a boy to kiss).

The Pregnancy was mentioned in the Commentary of the movie, Its because they had trouble translating her very last lines, Anno later hinted that the "feeling unwell/disgusting" part is related to morning sickness. morning sickness = being pregnant, whether she was raped or shinji came on her (from when he masturbated over her in the hospital at the start of EoE, Leading him on to say to himself "I'm so fucked up" since he was masturbating to a 14 year old unconcious girl) is unknown.

I've always liked the couplings of:
Shinji-Asuka (lol to shinji's "Jerk Off Fantasies" so Asuka calls them! It's obvious throughout the series he fancied her, plus they look good together)
Shinji-Rei (i know it's son and mother... but they still look good together)
Asuka-Rei (gotta love Yuri, I have some really good Yuri Fanfiction of this couple actually)

and who else really liked that scene of akagi and rei leading akagi to strangle Rei?

and what do you all think of the Adult Rei, Shinji and Asuka
« Last Edit: September 29 2005, 03:49 am by VexNet »

Offline c3d

• KB24 for MVP =]p
  • Super Fan
  • Ceddie
« Reply #8 on: September 29 2005, 10:51 am »
how can you not understand him choking her? She royally pissed him off throughout the WHOLE series. She was the ***** character. Asuka has never shown any flirtation with Shinji except for wanting to Kiss him (and that was probably because she needed some closure of a boy to kiss).

The Pregnancy was mentioned in the Commentary of the movie, Its because they had trouble translating her very last lines, Anno later hinted that the "feeling unwell/disgusting" part is related to morning sickness. morning sickness = being pregnant, whether she was raped or shinji came on her (from when he masturbated over her in the hospital at the start of EoE, Leading him on to say to himself "I'm so fucked up" since he was masturbating to a 14 year old unconcious girl) is unknown.

I've always liked the couplings of:
Shinji-Asuka (lol to shinji's "Jerk Off Fantasies" so Asuka calls them! It's obvious throughout the series he fancied her, plus they look good together)
Shinji-Rei (i know it's son and mother... but they still look good together)
Asuka-Rei (gotta love Yuri, I have some really good Yuri Fanfiction of this couple actually)

and who else really liked that scene of akagi and rei leading akagi to strangle Rei?

and what do you all think of the Adult Rei, Shinji and Asuka

but how can you get a girl pregnant that way???

you need intercourse XD

anyways the strangling, i guess its kind of disturbing XD i didnt find myself liking it...

oh yeah how did you find that picture of them older??

i prefered them when they were younger ^^

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #9 on: September 29 2005, 11:11 am »
the picture is a project Gainax is working on apparantly, they are supposed to be doing a really good in depth PS2 game too (i know theres one out already but i mean another one)

and the pregnant part, you only have to get semen on the vagina to get prgnent, if even a little bit where to go inside can create a baby.

i liked the Strangling bit, it was great in an insanic way :D

Strawberry: but late, but you DO KNOW that Death and Rebirth were just a Whole recapping of the series in like an hour or so.

I remmember i saw the movie before the series (yep i'm dumb)

i love that quote: The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
God's In His Heaven, Alls Right In The World

also: Shinji and Kaworu were actually my first Yaoi couple i liked.

Offline c3d

• KB24 for MVP =]p
  • Super Fan
  • Ceddie
« Reply #10 on: September 29 2005, 11:20 am »

also: Shinji and Kaworu were actually my first Yaoi couple i liked.

didnt he play a huge part of making shinji feel better about himself??

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #11 on: September 29 2005, 11:29 am »
Kaworu was the very first person to tell Shinji that he loved him, Then Shinji had to Kill him... that would really hurt...

Offline c3d

• KB24 for MVP =]p
  • Super Fan
  • Ceddie
« Reply #12 on: September 29 2005, 11:51 am »
Kaworu was the very first person to tell Shinji that he loved him, Then Shinji had to Kill him... that would really hurt...

But they only met for how long?? *for a lil while* so it wouldnt hurt as much if the knew each other for the whole series XD

Offline Alexiel

• "A True Fan"
« Reply #13 on: September 29 2005, 12:01 pm »
ROFL! Well, I knew about the pregnancy as much. But no one really confirmed it, whether it was fact or just a floating rumor.

Yep... Kaworu and Shinji make such a cute pairing. :keke: I mean... c'mon, even if they knew each other for such a little time, look at em! xDDD If they actually knew each other for the whole series... Well... *goes into dreamy fangirl mode* ahh.... uhh *cough* I mean, that would be good... very good... :lol:

And Vex, that image is just fan work... really good fanwork... lolz I wish they made a sequel for this series, I really did... *cries*

Did you guys here about the Live Action Movie!? Obviously not out yet but the project started a few years ago... the producers mentioned that they would make the first few episodes into a movie... I forgot the website I read this off of. AHH!!!

Offline c3d

• KB24 for MVP =]p
  • Super Fan
  • Ceddie
« Reply #14 on: September 29 2005, 12:11 pm »

Did you guys here about the Live Action Movie!? Obviously not out yet but the project started a few years ago... the producers mentioned that they would make the first few episodes into a movie... I forgot the website I read this off of. AHH!!!

Live Action Movie?? what's that?? *shrugs*

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #15 on: September 29 2005, 12:14 pm »
its been being made since 2003. thats when it got the all clear because they needed teh technology for it and after seeing LOTR it was giving the a-ok.

the "rumour" came straight from anno himself... he said morning sickness...

Offline Alexiel

• "A True Fan"
« Reply #16 on: September 29 2005, 12:28 pm »
Yeah... but here's a funny thing, there was a petition going around asking for the Live Action Movie NOT to be made. And I could see why... the image from http://eva.trivialbeing.net/ says by itself. Although it'd be interesting to see how they made it. Just one thing got me saying, WTF? though... lol, the actors they chose for the movie... O_O I need to say no more, You can see for yourselves. xDDD

Anno said that himself? O_O... I'm at a loss for words. Lol... I duno, to me, the ending to EoE didn't really make a difference. And you know the strange thing about the movies? I seem to have liked Death & Rebirth more that EoE. Strange... and it was only a recap movie with some extra footage. It must've been the Beethoven stuff they put in. :lol:

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #17 on: September 30 2005, 01:12 am »
Yeah... but here's a funny thing, there was a petition going around asking for the Live Action Movie NOT to be made. And I could see why... the image from http://eva.trivialbeing.net/ says by itself. Although it'd be interesting to see how they made it. Just one thing got me saying, WTF? though... lol, the actors they chose for the movie... O_O I need to say no more, You can see for yourselves. xDDD

Anno said that himself? O_O... I'm at a loss for words. Lol... I duno, to me, the ending to EoE didn't really make a difference. And you know the strange thing about the movies? I seem to have liked Death & Rebirth more that EoE. Strange... and it was only a recap movie with some extra footage. It must've been the Beethoven stuff they put in. :lol:
or do you mean the Pachelbel Cannon in D? That was awesome!!

i was originally one of the persons who didn't want it made, and they have not listed the actors who will be in it yet since they have not yet been confirmed, And if your talking about that Tiffany Grant interview, then the site holding it has bandwith problems

Offline cute_me

• cRAzY fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #18 on: September 30 2005, 10:14 am »
Like to know if you would be compatable with Rei Ayanami? Then take the Rei Compatability Test!
http://www.lonelyangel.com/comp_test/test.php

becuase if u are alone
u can't hurt anyone
and u don't have to get hurt

Offline c3d

• KB24 for MVP =]p
  • Super Fan
  • Ceddie
« Reply #19 on: September 30 2005, 10:42 am »
Abstract/Concrete -  ABSTRACT  - COMPATIBLE 
Introvert/Extrovert - EXTROVERT  - INCOMPATIBLE 
Logical/Emotional - EMOTIONAL  - INCOMPATIBLE 
Dominant/Submissive - SUBMISSIVE -  COMPATIBLE

You are most like the Evangelion character: Maya Ibuki

You are a Submissive Extrovert, which makes you a great team player and a wonderful person to work with and be around. You are very much like Maya Ibuki, the computer expert who is both social and a very productive person under the leadership of others. Many of your personality aspects also match Rei's, and your Extrovert side would help foster a relationship with her. Overall, your prospects with Rei look good.

You are 69% compatible with Rei.

-----

Thanks for the test cute_me