AuthorTopic: ~[TRC Hanshin RPG] Immediate Peril: A Tale of Kudan  (Read 33668 times)

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
~[TRC Hanshin RPG] Immediate Peril: A Tale of Kudan
« on: July 30 2005, 07:35 am »
This RPG will take place in the Hanshin Republic, after Syaoran and the rest have gotten the feather and left.

Plot:
After the "Fat Boss" gave up his life of crime, Shougo's gang brought peace to the neighborhood. But it isn't long before a bigger, badder gang leader rose up to claim the territory and terrorize the neighborhood. Right in the middle of the battlefield is the Kazazuki okonomiyaki shop on 23rd street, where childhood friends and roommates Touya and Yukito work. Shougo, an old highschool classmate, will protect his two friends at every cost. But Yukito knows a secret, and when the gang leader recognizes him, he'll stop at nothing to silence Yuki, putting everyone around him in danger.

Characters:
Yukito ~ Pikari
Touya ~ Sakaki
Shougo ~ Ruby Chan

Kagami  ~ Okamirei
Freya/Dark Chii ~ Fai

Primela
Masayoshi

OCs:
Name: Hori
Hair colour:  Red
Eye colour : Red
Kudan : A red phoenix - power of fire

Don't forget that if your character does not already have a kudan, you can make one up for him/her.
PM me to apply for characters or if you have any questions!
« Last Edit: August 22 2005, 03:42 pm by Pikari »

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
Re: [TRC Hanshin RPG] Immediate Peril: A Tale of Kudan
« Reply #1 on: July 31 2005, 10:35 am »
Tsukishiro Yukito skipped off toward the kitchen, filling a plate with the ingredients for a shougayaki. He hummed softly to himself as he chopped the cabbage, then headed back to put it on the grill. Across the shop, he could see his coworker Touya flipping food on the grill in front of another set of customers. Meeting the man's eyes for a second, Yukito smiled, then turned back to chatting small talk with the customer.

Moving back to the kitchen after a few minutes, he could overhear bits of a conversation from another table. Right outside my door today... neighborhood's really gone downhill... think of the kids... Yuki's serene face slipped to a small frown. It seemed there had been more and more gang activity on the streets lately, and it was even starting to affect the number of customers. Nobody had minded the gangs that much in the past, as they fought among themselves to prove who had the strongest kudan, but this new group that had shown up recently seemed to be more ruthless and reckless than the rest, and didn't seem to mind who or what they involved. It was making some minds worry.

Putting those thoughts aside, Yukito kept heading toward the kitchen, though he paused to catch a glance at his coworker. The taller man's back was turned, as Yukito's eyes travelled briefly over his broad shoulders. They were childhood friends, high school classmates, and now college roommates - as close as any two people could ever be. But Yuki wondered for a moment if the dark-haired man would ever know how he truly felt. He didn't have time to ponder it as another customer had come and taken a seat.

"Hey, can I get a green tea and a pork-and-egg over here!?"

"Hai, hai! Coming right up!"

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #2 on: July 31 2005, 02:11 pm »
Kinomoto Touya looked up from the grill where he was busy preparing an order of okonomiyaki for one of their customers.
The place was quieter than usual, and it seemed like of the customers that were there, all anyone could talk about were the warring gangs in the city. Bits and pieces of conversation drifted past Touya's ears while he prepared orders...
They say he's ruthless...............
One of the strongest Kudans in all of Hanshin............

It was a dangerous time, and as Touya looked across the restuarant to his childhood friend, and roommate, his dark eyes took on a worried slant, for the other man was boyish, gentle, and kind, and the thought of him accidentally getting caught in one of the gang's spontaneous battles worried him deeply....worried him more than he figured the other man could imagine, for Touya carried secret feelings for his friend that he wasn't sure Yuki had for him, or perhaps wouldn't even begin to understand.

He had an overwhelming urge to protect Yuki and keep him close, however, and as he glanced across the room at Yuki's gentle smile, he swore he would do everything in his power to keep him happy and safe, even if he never acted on his deeper feelings.
« Last Edit: July 31 2005, 04:05 pm by Sakaki »

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #3 on: July 31 2005, 08:10 pm »
Shougo strode into the cafe that his two friends worked at, cursing under his breath as he caught a few words from the conversation the kids nearby were having. How can this have happened? This new gang leader...they just sprung up from nowhere!

Seating himself at his favourite table, he lifted his head, making sure to catch the eye of Touya. When he received an answering nod, he sighed and settled back in his seat, wondering just how he could phrase the delicate question he had to ask them.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
Re: [TRC Hanshin RPG] Immediate Peril: A Tale of
« Reply #4 on: August 01 2005, 12:54 am »
Yukito looked up as he heard the door signal another customer had entered. A smile crossed his face, recognizing Shougo. Finishing the order in front of him, he moved to stand beside his old friend's table. "Konnichiwa, Shougo!" he greeted, pencil poised above pad. "The usual?"

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #5 on: August 01 2005, 01:20 am »
Shougo nodded absent mindedly, not really concentrating on what Yukito was saying.

"Yeah, the usual then, Yukito. And when you have a free moment, I need to speak to you and Touya about something." He replied, pulling himself together. He noticed Yukito frowning at his distant attitude, and summoned up a smile for the grey haired teen.

"Would that be alright, Yukito?"

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #6 on: August 01 2005, 02:52 am »
Yukito's smiled slipped, noticing the man's distracted mood, but he quickly returned Shougo's smile.

"Certainly. It isn't all that busy right now, so..." He glanced over his shoulder, looking for his other coworker, and waved when he spotted him. "One takoyaki over here, Your Majesty!" he called, using the nickname that had somehow stuck, even weeks after the strange group of travellers had left.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #7 on: August 01 2005, 08:14 am »
Touya looked up as Shougo entered the restuarant and Yukito showed their friend to a table. He watched the two talk a little, then saw a slight frown appear on Yuki's face while listening to Shougo talk.
How Touya hated to see Yuki worried like that...

Yuki recovered quickly though, as he looked up smiling, and motioned for Touya to come to the table and join them, calling out that damn nickname he'd been hearing for weeks now......
Your Majesty............

"Yuki........." Touya began, then shook his head, embarrassed.
The name embarrassed the hell out of him, but there was also something about hearing those words come from Yuki's lips that was somehow..............

He shook his head again, and walked over to the table bringing the ingredients for
the takoyaki. "Shougo," he greeted the other man with a nod.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #8 on: August 01 2005, 08:20 am »
Shougo looked up at Touya, biting his lip as he realised that with Touya here as well, now was the time to fianlly speak.

"Touya...Yukito...things are really heating up here. I don't think I can keep the peace here anymore, and your cafe and lodgings are right in the middle of everything. I...I want....I need you to do something for me."

Raking his hands through his hair, Shougo took a deep breath and looked his two friends squarely in the eye.

"I want you both to pack your bags and get the hell out of here."

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #9 on: August 01 2005, 12:32 pm »
Yukito's smile fell away completely as Shougo's words sank in. Leave this place... how could they?

"Shougo... It can't really be that bad, can it?" he replied softly, his optimistic mind refusing to think the worst. "I mean... the gangs have been making a lot of noise lately, but you can't think we'd really be in danger?" He pushed up his glasses, quietly pondering the thought as he took a seat across from Shougo.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #10 on: August 01 2005, 05:38 pm »
Touya paused in his work, but his expression remained calm.
Shougo's request wasn't really all that surprising to Touya. He, himself, had considered leaving from time to time. Convincing Yuki, and getting the hell out of the warzone. But would Yuki really want to leave......and was running the answer?

"Why?" he asked flatly. "Why now, Shougo? New gangs pop up all the time, only to be forced out and replaced. What do you know that we don't?" He asked, while flipping the food on the built in grill.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #11 on: August 02 2005, 04:00 am »
Shougo mentally cursed. Several times, he had enjoyed the way Touya was quick to catch onto things. Now was not one of those times.

"Look, I'll level with you. Tis new gang leader isn't like the rest. They have no qualms about injuring, or even killing civilians who get in their way. In a few weeks, they've managed to take over half of this d.amn city, and they're aiming at this area now. If they attack, your cafe will be caught in the crossfire, and you'll most likely be killed. And..."

He hesitated, wondering whether he ought to tell his friends the other reason. But then again, the more they knew, the more likely it was that they would be able to stay alive.

"....And they know you're my friends. They might try to get at me through you." He finished quietly.

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #12 on: August 03 2005, 08:08 am »
Screams were heard in the air. A large brown wolf with three tails was darting about, destroying the property around it.People were running about, desperately trying to hide from the kudans trying to mug them.
A tall boy stood smugly on a building watching his kudan; others laughing beside him. "What is this?? Are there no more decent kudans to fight?"

((OOC: is this all right? I wasn't sure what to post  :sweatdrop: ))

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #13 on: August 03 2005, 09:14 am »
(Okamirei - that's fine! :keke: )

Yukito took in everything that Shougo had said calmly. He knew everything the man said was probably true. He looked back at his friend purely. "Shougo... what about you?"

A crash and sound of screams came from outside, and Yukito tensed. The gangs were causing more destruction, and it was just as Shougo had said. He risked a glance toward Touya. But... how could they leave, and where would they go?

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #14 on: August 03 2005, 01:49 pm »
Touya noticed Yuki's body tense, as the sound of screams and destruction rose from the streets, finding it's way into the restuarant.
The few customers that were still inside began to hurriedly make their way to the door opposite the street to escape the escalading violence, or risk getting caught in the middle of it.

Touya caught Yuki's worried glance, and instinctively reached his hand out to comfort him, but instead of touching him gently, he shoved him down hard into the booth, as one of the huge, plate glass windows suddenly burst inward, sending shards of glass flying throughout the restuarant.
« Last Edit: August 03 2005, 04:02 pm by Sakaki »

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #15 on: August 04 2005, 09:27 pm »
Shougo winced as a large shard of glass sunk into his arm. Gritting his teeth, he yanked it out, ignoring the steady stream of blood that was beginning to flow from the wound. Straightening up and brushing the smaller pieces of glass off of his scarf, he pulled his goggles down and leapt through the shattered window.

Landing as gracefully on the pavement as he could with his throbbing shoulder distracting him, Shougo looked around, his brow furrowing in defensive anger.

"How dare you attack this harmless cafe! Show yourself, or are you a coward!?" He bellowed.
« Last Edit: August 05 2005, 02:46 pm by Ruby Chan »

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #16 on: August 05 2005, 06:20 am »
"Coward?!" Kagami sneered, jumping down face-to face to  Shougo.

"This place now belongs to me! I can do whatever I want with it." He smirked, stroking the brown-furred kudan that landed beside him.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #17 on: August 05 2005, 06:24 am »
Shougo glared angrily at Kagami.

"Who said that this place belongs to you? As far as I was aware, it was MY gang that held dominance over this area. Do you think swanning in here with a fancy name like 'Mirror' was going to impress me?" Shougo said scathingly, his hand laid on the back of his own kudan.

The slight movement of his arm made his wound pull, and he winced as it began to bleed anew. But he simply ignored the pain, calmly facing down the new leader.
« Last Edit: August 05 2005, 02:46 pm by Ruby Chan »

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #18 on: August 05 2005, 06:33 am »
"Hmph." Kagami's eyes wandered over to Shougo's wound.
"It seems like we'll be needing a new leader for  this place; the old one's grown weak. That's why I'm here."

He kicked a rock; striking it like a soccer ball. The rock hit the cafe, shattering another window. "we don't need this cafe anyways."

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #19 on: August 05 2005, 06:41 am »
Shougo swore as he heard someone cry out in pain from inside the cafe as the rock smashed through the window. Growling, he glared furiously at Kagami, his hair beginning to stand on end slightly as he summoned all the power he had within him.

"Weak, am I? Well, let me tell you this. You may gain this area someday. But not now, and that's a promise!" Raising an arm like he did during his battle with the strange boy who had come to the town so long ago, Shougo gazed up at the linked rings of water that were forming above him.

"As far as I'm concerned, you're all WASHED UP!" He roared, bringing his arm down in a graceful arc. Instantly, the rings of water rushed towards Kagami, rushing forward eagerly to sweep the new threat away.