AuthorTopic: Where did your usernames come from?  (Read 46088 times)

Offline FieryPrincess

• New Fan
  • Sakura-chan cards~
Re: Where did your usernames come from?
« Reply #240 on: December 22 2006, 11:57 am »
My username came from a local fantasy show here in our country, and there was a character that I loved so much (she was a princess with the powers of fire) that I ended up with this username. ^^; So there.
Thanks to Lisa of Digik Designs for the avatar! :)

Offline moezy-chan

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #241 on: January 22 2007, 03:28 pm »
Reminding old users ^^;; and telling new users...

My name is about 10 years old. When I was a teenager, 14, I was a large Disney fan. At the time, Disney came out with a new media gimmick, called Zoog Disney, which was centered towards teenagers. It had an online website, and we, luckily, got a brand new computer, with internet access ^_^ so I got permission to make an account online. While choosing a username, I wanted to include the letter "Z" in it, since it was Zoog Disney.

Well, my real name is Maureen, and my uncle used to call me Moe, which is short for Maureen. I decided on using Moe as part of my name, and extended it to moesy, as in moesy along. But as I said, I wanted to include the letter "Z" into my username, and made it moezy instead. I remained as just moezy and eventually Zoog Disney was cancelled as well as the website, so I retired my online name.

Later on, I became a fan of *le gasp* Cardcaptors! O_O I actually liked the show at one time! *faints* Well, I went online, surprise surprise, and with help from my sister, found the official CC website. I checked it out for a while, but didn't find it too fun to visit. I decided to look at the other websites on what I thought was CC, but it told me of a show that was similar, but also entirely different. With info from these websites, I found the wonderful world of Card Captor Sakura ^_^ Though I liked to read the transcripts, I didn't mind watching CC. Granted some clips were cut out, but it didn't bother me. Eventually the ending of CC came, and from what I read online, Syaoran (Li on CC) was going to confess his love to Sakura <3 and I was looking forward to it. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for him to say those magic words, but..HE NEVER SAID THEM!!! *fumes*

This made me so mad, and I watched the very last episode hoping that he'd say it in that, but he didn't! My anger fuming, I refused to watch the show ever again.  -_- Well, I retired my love of watching Japanese dubs and went on with my life, but somehow I was pulled back to the internet and found the wonderful world of fanfiction.net <3 and read up on CCS, and fell in love with the show. I convinced myself that I would never be able to see the magic that is Card Captor Sakura, and sufficed myself to reading fanfiction.

Though I was reading many CCS fanfics, I never registered an account.  Well, reading more and more fanfics made me want to write one myself, and the only way I could do that was if I created an account. I then decided to bring my old Zoog Disney name back to life, and register an account on ff.net as moezy, once again, but moezy seemed too plain to me.  And as I said, I read a lot of CCS fanfics, and I was pulled in by the wonderful Japanese culture <3 and their honorifics. I realized through fanfics that the honorific -chan, was used primarily for girls, and decided to make my name moezy-chan instead.

I have said this before, millions of times, but I am quite proud of my username. It truly is one of a kind, cause I've had it for nearly 10 years, and I've yet to find another moezy online. ^_^ And this is the only username I will ever use. If you see any variation of moezy online, it's most likely me.

Forum Family:

Imouto's: Lexi-chan; suu_no_clover; Moon; Bloody Rose

Itoto's: Kasawa Lanford

Some of my forum family is gone T_T If you have my name in your sig, please tell me so i can readd you~!

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #242 on: January 25 2007, 02:49 pm »
Just in case people would ask again...

I've been a great fan of the Super Robot Wars franchise, which led me to like mecha series such as the Gundam series, Macross, Evangelion, Mazinger Z, etc. My favorite was the super robot series Voltes V. A few years ago, while I was hunting for a good username, I stumbled upon several websites on Voltes V. They all mentioned Voltes V's ultimate weapon, the Heaven's Firmament Sword (or simply the Lightning Sword), basically a big claymore supercharged with ultraelectromagnetic energy (understatement of the year).

There was one thing though: all of the websites read its name in Japanese differently: Enkouken, Denkouken, Denkuuken, Tenkouken, etc. I guess from here you know which Romanji I chose for my username.

Some time later, I used the name "Tenkouken Survive". I got the idea after becoming a fan of the live-action series "Kamen Rider Ryuki" (which showed something that made me loved CCS even more: the Advent Cards). One of the featured cards there is the "Survive Rekka Card," an upgrade card that the protagonist, Shinji Kido/Ryuki, uses in drastic situations when he is in the Mirror World. Incidentally, his form when he uses this card is called "Ryuki Survive." And since I'm in a drastic situation as of late, well, you get the drift.

As for "Tenkuuken", well, that's the real spelling of my username ("Tenkouken" is spelled wrong). Unfortunately, I've used "Tenkouken" in so many websites and even in my email address. I'm now known as "Tenkuuken," but I kept the old spelling for ID purposes.

Offline Tsu-girl

• Good Fan
  • Look into my eye and tell me what You see...
« Reply #243 on: January 29 2007, 08:12 am »
I was always attreacted with the world "Tsunami". But the only thing I knew that it's a really big wave, that is very destructive. Everyone told me, that I'm just like a tsunami. But there are so many Tsunami's, that I decided to all myself Tsu. But since one of my friends joked around telling everyone that I'm a boy, I'm adding -girl, so it won't happen again ^.^ I was using nickname: Tsunami since 1997 (God, 10 years now!) togheter with Go (that's from my name) but since two years I've been known in my "native internet" as Tsu and I'm using this nick everywere I can.

Gomen for my bad english >.<

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #244 on: March 22 2007, 07:35 pm »
I wanted to use Syaoran as nickname but it was already taken here and Kurogane is alot cooler in TRC so i ended with one of his nicknames: Kuro-puppy XD
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline sam mogford

• New Fan
  • TRC fan 4 life
« Reply #245 on: March 30 2007, 11:00 am »
my name is sam mogford. thats where i got it from.(you wont find my name in a phone book. its not listed.) :D
true strength comes from the heart. one day i will be strong, like syaoran.

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
  • Ya casi al final del principio....
« Reply #246 on: March 30 2007, 12:51 pm »
Well, actually Itzeen is my second name, and it came from the Ancient Maya Culture, the language was called "maya-quiche" (in mexico) an the meaning is "Rocío de la lluvia" or "Rocío de la Mañana" (Ok in english is) "Rain sprinkling" or "Morning sprinkling". That's the story of this nickname.

Member of Halita-fansub

Tsubasa -Reservoir Chronicle- proyect in spanish http://itzeen.livejournal.com/

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

The power to lose everything.....

.... and the power to save everything...

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #247 on: March 31 2007, 02:39 am »
A character created of my very own:

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!