AuthorTopic: Tomoyo and Eriol??  (Read 77460 times)

Offline Cherry-chan

• Glomping, swooning, stalking, kidnapping, he's been through it all - My Syaoran <3
  • "A True Fan"
  • Syaoran! Where!?
Re: Tomoyo and Eriol??
« Reply #280 on: June 02 2006, 05:04 am »
I like Tomoyo and Eriol together. They seem to just... fit, to me, I guess. I have nothing against Kaho and Eriol, but I'm more 70% T+E and 30% K+E. And I've seen T+E together so much in fics, I'm so used to them as a couple. They're very kawaii together. But Kaho and Eriol is alright, too. I'm just leaning more toward T+E than K+E.
Live life. And love Syaoran. - Cherry-chan
I miss you all, it's unfortunate that I haven't been frequenting this site anymore, but I will keep you all very dear in my heart
I'll try to visit as much as I can.

Offline Kina, The Dark Keyblade Master

• Never underestimate a girl...she may be hiding a strong power...
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #281 on: June 03 2006, 03:55 am »
hmm.. i read a lot of fanfiction mostly all of them are based on Cardcaptors Sakura.. OF COURSE!!!

well most of the fanfics have Tomoyo and Eriol together?? do you think they should b together. well because they're not together in any sort in the anime. but in the last episode, they do think alike about the syaoran and sakura thing but wat do you ppl think?? :tongue:

i think they would have made a COOL couple in the series.. too bad nothing happened between the both of them though.. sad.. *sigh o well.. at least we got our fanfics.. haha..

i dun really like kaho and eriol together so yea..

I really didn't sense anything from them. I think I didn't see the scenes where they interacted with each other. But the pairing is very adorable. They're both mature. ^-^ I like Tomoyo/Eriol pairings. Just wished it did happen in CCS...

I am Sora's opposite...
Roxas was only his element...
He doesn't exist...
But I do...
And I wield the Dark Keyblade...

Forum Family:
Guardian: ~Emethyst~
Cookie-earner: Tatasenko

Offline Star Wings

• Obsessed Fan
  • I love anime so much I can watch it all day! ^_^
« Reply #282 on: June 04 2006, 05:54 pm »
I agree that the two are very adorable together ^_^ and I also wished that it could have happend in CCS too.
*Forum Family*

Mother: Moon Li
                       Cool Big Sis: Ashlee, Wishingstarx
                       Kawaii Little Sis:Moonflower
                       Cousin: xOLight_AngelOx

Offline minty

• New Fan
« Reply #283 on: June 14 2006, 01:05 pm »
Hum... I have never thought of Tomoyo and Eriol as a couple until I read this topic but now that I think about it, they would make a perfect couple!!!!! Both so gentle, considerate, mature. They even have similar facial features and expressions. (or is it just me?? I wish they can be together!!

Offline Chibi

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #284 on: June 16 2006, 09:46 am »
Aww, I would like for Tomoyo to be with Eriol. She needs to move on from her love of Sakura. Plus Eriol with their sensei (I forget her name right now) was just WEIRD.

In the anime I was a full supporter of TomoyoxMeiling, but Meiling isn't in the manga, so...

moezychan

« Reply #285 on: June 16 2006, 09:58 am »
Aww, I would like for Tomoyo to be with Eriol. She needs to move on from her love of Sakura. Plus Eriol with their sensei (I forget her name right now) was just WEIRD.

That's Mizuki Kaho-sensei. And yes, I believe that Tomoyo needs someone of her own and Eriol and her play off of each other splendidly! They make a wonderful couple!

Offline Chibi

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #286 on: June 16 2006, 10:00 am »
Oh yeah, Mizuki-sensei. Thanks for reminding me. ^^

I just think the EriolxMizuki relationship is weird mainly because he's in a kid body, and we already have one adultxkid relationship in CCS, and that's enough! Plus Tomoyo is awesome and needs someone like Eriol in her love life.

Offline ricochet

• The Silent Killer
  • Big Fan
  • [Insert Creative/Smart Talk here]
« Reply #287 on: June 16 2006, 04:09 pm »
tomoyo is a little.....too energetic while eriol is not as energetic hmmmm......yup they WOULD make a good couple

_______________________________________ ________
I will protect you!
_______________________________________ ________
syaoran-kun.....

Offline Kina, The Dark Keyblade Master

• Never underestimate a girl...she may be hiding a strong power...
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #288 on: June 16 2006, 09:07 pm »
Eriol would calm Tomoyo down a little whenever she gets excited about making new clothes for Sakura ^^

I am Sora's opposite...
Roxas was only his element...
He doesn't exist...
But I do...
And I wield the Dark Keyblade...

Forum Family:
Guardian: ~Emethyst~
Cookie-earner: Tatasenko

Offline caro_bunny

• Bunny Addiction!!
« Reply #289 on: January 22 2007, 08:27 am »
Firstly, I don't think Tomoyo and Eriol would make a good couple because they seem more like brothers than lovers to me. I also don't think that Tomoyo would love somebody as much as she loves Sakura and Eriol x Kaho is a really cute couple. I don't mind the age difference (and as a lot of people have already pointed out, Eriol is actually older than Kaho, and though he is in that younger body he still looks great with her), I don't mind the age difference with Terada & Rika either, that couple is too damn adorable!

Secondly, concerning the first posts of this topic, some people said that CLAMP should make more ''healthy'' pairings. Homosexual or age gap pairings are not ''unhealthy'', so I would very much appreciate that you stop saying that.

Lastly, I don't consider Kurogane and Tomoyo-hime a couple, I think that CLAMP has made very clear that Kurogane is with Fye.

However, I have to agree that Eriol and Tomoyo are really cute, but not as a couple. And I think CLAMP thinks that as well.
Angels with silver wings shouldn't know suffering

Offline Tsu-girl

• Good Fan
  • Look into my eye and tell me what You see...
« Reply #290 on: February 10 2007, 06:46 pm »
Hmm, I'm not a Tomoy x Eriol fan, but it's a fact that they would be a good pair.
I always wondered if Eriol's going to change his form - I mean to get his body older for Kaho...

Gomen for my bad english >.<

Offline Phanima

• Procrastinator
« Reply #291 on: May 13 2007, 09:49 am »
I'm normally quite tolerant of fan pairings but Eriol x Tomoyo is one of the ones that I can't support. It's not because I hate the characters or that I don't like people's views on the relationship, it's simply because when it comes to fan pairings I tend to back the ones that actually seem realistic - in terms of the character's personality/nature.

In the manga, it's advertised that Tomoyo has feelings for Sakura, in a more than friendly way. She's caring and very respectable as well as dignified. And I agree that Eriol share these qualities as well. But the simple fact that CLAMP alluded to Tomoyo having love interests with Sakura ruins the pairing for me. Supported by the fact that Kaho admits her new love is with Eriol further impends the "relationship".

Obviously Tomoyo supports Sakura x Syaoran but in my opinion, I couldn't really picture Tomoyo being with anyone else. She's just too infatuated with Sakura.

Offline FieryPrincess

• New Fan
  • Sakura-chan cards~
« Reply #292 on: August 15 2007, 06:11 pm »
I want this pairing but Tomoyo's too obsessed with Sakura... Lol.
Thanks to Lisa of Digik Designs for the avatar! :)

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #293 on: August 15 2007, 11:44 pm »
years ago i used to suport this, because i didnt want tomoyo to be alone, and i wasnt into same sex relationships. (the only girl-girl couple i had suported was Uranus & neptune from sailor moon) ........ now im more suportive of Eriol and Kaho and admit the possibility that tomoyo was inlove with sakura.
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #294 on: August 16 2007, 02:39 am »
now im more suportive of Eriol and Kaho and admit the possibility that tomoyo was inlove with sakura.

Ahem. The possibility? First, we have the 'I want my beloved person to be happy': *takes out CCS volume 7*

Sakura: What about you, Tomoyo-chan? Are you going to get a bear?
Tomoyo: I... want the person I love to be happy more than I want their loved returned.
Sakura: Then... you don't need the person you love to love you back?
Tomoyo: Of course I would be delighted to have their love returned. But... if the person I love is happy, that's all I need to be happy.
Sakura: (clearly not getting it) I'm sure the person you love must be very happy, Tomoyo-chan.

*proceeds to volume 10*

Sakura: If anything ever troubles you or makes you sad, just let me know. If there's anything I can do, I'll do it.
Tomoyo: As long as you're smiling, Sakura-chan, I'll neer be sad. Your happiness is my happiness.

If that's not enough, there's always volume 2:

Sakura: But you know? It sure looks like your mom loved my mom a lot, too. That makes me happy.
Tomoyo: Well, you know... I love you a lot, too, Sakura-chan.
Sakura: Hey, me too!
Tomoyo: I think... we're talking about different kinds of love, Sakura-chan.

« Last Edit: August 16 2007, 04:49 am by Ando »
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #295 on: August 16 2007, 03:29 am »
like i said... the only shojo-ai couple i truely suport is from sailor moon. =_=
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #296 on: August 16 2007, 04:48 am »
like i said... the only shojo-ai couple i truely suport is from sailor moon. =_=

Yes, but there's a difference between liking a pairing and acknowledging that it is canon. Everyone is of course free to support whatever pairings they like - it just bothers me when people claim that the nature of Tomoyo's love for Sakura can be interprented in whatever way one wants.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #297 on: August 16 2007, 01:42 pm »
I don't see how shounen-ai is any different from shoujo-ai, except for different reproductive organs...
Liking and supporting are different, I think (as in, I support Seishirou x Subaru as entirely canon, but I don't particularly care for the pairing). You can support without having to think the pairing is sexually arousing, or anything like that.

As for me, the first time I read CCS I hardly noticed any romance other than Sakura and Syaoran, if I remember correctly. XD I noticed the Tomoyo-Sakura element later, but Tomoyo and Eriol as a romantic pairing surprised me entirely when I first saw it. They seem more like a partners in crime, take-over-the-world pair (You can control east asia, while I take on Europe, 'kay? :keke:). I don't see them being interested in each other in any way other than friends, and I can't stand how some fanfiction authors make them complete saps.
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #298 on: August 16 2007, 02:33 pm »
well for me, i didnt want to think of any same-sex relationships. even back then, when my friend explained to me the nature or uranus and neptune's relationship, i was like... ok. and could only think of them as romantic, but my mind wouldnt let me think anything more.

even when i first got into TRC, i was a kuro-tomo shipper. kurofai kinda creeped me out until i read the manga and saw it with my own eyes. it was an epiphany like "ohhh. sweet ^^"

im certain that if i get the chance to read the CCS manga, then ill see the tomo-saku pairing.

dont ask me when my mind broke and im now able to process yaoi, but only yaoi of my OTPs (ive tried to read yaoi originals on aff.net. aint gonna happen <_< ) ive only read 2 yuri stories in my life... and my mind constantly wandered as i read, when i see adverts for yuri/shojo-ai mangas, my mind goes P_P, so it will be some time tll i am able to proces that.
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline redeternity

• "Your Sakura is waiting.."
  • Good Fan
« Reply #299 on: August 16 2007, 11:24 pm »
In my opinion, CLAMP made it pretty obvious Tomoyo is in love with Sakura. Even if it is only one-sided it doesn't make it any less canon (In TRC, Piffle Tomoyo ran right past Kurogane to Sakura as soon as she saw her ^_^) Her love for Sakura is really admirable and adorable. It's the "ultimate love" - loving someone without expecting the same in return.

And I really do not like Eriol x Tomoyo at all. I can't understand why it is so popular in the CCS fandom - where did it come from? Alright, yes their eye and hair colours are similar and they both have the same kind smile.. But as far as the manga goes, I wouldn't even go as far as to call them friends.. they're more like acquaintances. Besides in volume 12, Tomoyo seems very supportive of Eriol x Kaho. She says to him that he must be very fond of her (Kaho) because whenever he looks at her he gets the kindest look she's ever seen from him.