AuthorTopic: FAKE  (Read 4569 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
FAKE
« on: May 07 2005, 06:17 am »
Has anuone seen this anime/read the manga?

I haven't, but I still think it's pretty good, from the clips I've seen....what do you guys think?

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Jill Yuki

Re: FAKE
« Reply #1 on: May 07 2005, 11:23 am »
Yay, another FAKE fan. I love fake! It's such a good yaoi manga. Have you seen the anime movie?

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #2 on: May 07 2005, 07:53 pm »
I thought there was only an OAV...

If u mean that, then no. I've only seen a few random clips, such as Dee kissing Ryo, etc. I've seen a few manga scans though.....

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Jill Yuki

« Reply #3 on: May 07 2005, 11:32 pm »
Yeah, that's the one. It's pretty good actually.
Show content
it's about that time where Ryo & Dee needed to solve that murder case of who was killing the hotel residents that were all Japanese in some origin.
« Last Edit: May 08 2005, 10:37 am by Jill Yuki »

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #4 on: May 08 2005, 01:03 am »
Yep, straight out of manga vol...either 3 or 4, I can't remember

Offline Jill Yuki

« Reply #5 on: May 08 2005, 10:37 am »
Me either, but I really liked all the Dee advances towards Ryo.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #6 on: May 08 2005, 06:56 pm »
I pity Ryo (or Randy!) He's concentrating on how much he's NOT gay, he can't see how much Dee is attracted to him, and how HE liked him back!

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #7 on: June 01 2005, 08:35 am »
Umm..does anyone know where I can dowload FAKE anime/manga scanlations please?

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #8 on: July 27 2005, 01:27 am »
Hmm...guess no one else really like Fake....ah well. Just to say, I've read the first book now, and I'm definitely hooked.

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #9 on: November 02 2005, 05:25 am »
I LOVE Fake! It's the best full-out yaoi series I've ever ready. The only one that comes close is Gravitation. :inlove: It's sooooo cute how Ryo spends seven issues trying to keep himself from screwing Dee senseless like you know he wants to.

Don't bother with the OAV- it's crap. Really.

And here's a good website with some scanlations: fakephoenix.com. It's the only site I've been able to find that has the scanlation of Like Like Love, the one-part epilogue to Fake. It also has a few of the chapters. I don't know any place with scanlations of the full series, though; it has been licensced and completely released for well over a year, maybe two, actually.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #10 on: November 02 2005, 05:59 am »
I now have all 7 books of FAKE! And I downloaded the OAV as well.....it's ok, but it didn't choose the best act to use really.....one later on in the series would have been better....maybe the 'test drive'? LOL

Yeah, I read the epilogue there....how come it wasn't in the last book? I was really surprised that they didn't include it! So I actually had to use my precious ink and print out all the pages!

Offline cute_me

• cRAzY fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #11 on: November 02 2005, 06:23 am »
it seems like it is a  yaoi anime, i from what i have read in this forum it seems like is a good anime/manga serie i think i will try t download it :)

becuase if u are alone
u can't hurt anyone
and u don't have to get hurt

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #12 on: November 02 2005, 10:33 am »
The reason LLL wasn't in Vol 7 was because it was printed in one of Sanami Matoh's artbooks... And yeah, they could have chosen a much, much better act to do... It would have been awesom if it had been a series, actually.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #13 on: February 20 2006, 09:37 pm »
A series would have been fantastic - it was such a funny, emotional storyline that I'm sure loads of people would have watched it!

And as the first actual shonen-ai series to really hit mainstream America (apparently), I think it deserves a round of applause!

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #14 on: April 05 2006, 03:33 am »
FAKE is amazing, I've always loved FAKE, it was my first shonen-ai/yaoi manga. I thought the OVA was a bit disappointing, the animation....ugh...seriously...I sepnt half my time laughing at it. Ryo looked like a monkey! They could have done a much better job than that, in my opinion.

The manga is spectacular though and how can you not love JJ? Poor guy. I <3 him so much.
They really should have made an anime series though and LLL should have been longer! *cries*
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline cute_me

• cRAzY fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #15 on: May 23 2006, 09:52 am »
does anyone know a place to download the manga and/or the OVA i'm dying to see it, i want to increase my shounen-ai  anime collection.

becuase if u are alone
u can't hurt anyone
and u don't have to get hurt

Offline quimmy

• Everybody! Do the canon dance! <(*.*<)
  • Big Fan
  • <3
« Reply #16 on: July 19 2006, 11:04 pm »
I bought the first three volumes recently, and the chemistry between Ryo and Dee is adorable. *w* I love Dee's 'sleaze' face.
I kinda want to kill Bikky everytime he turns up though, he always ruins the very best moments. And then he takes up whole chapters of he book when we could have an extra DeexRyo chapter. Darn him. >.>

Thanks babypiggy for the set!! <3

Inside an endless conflict
The man has begun to  understand
The reason he fights

Forum Family
| Big Sister - Time Machine |
| Little Sister- babypigggy |
| Twin sister - Starfire |
| Pet Kitties (nyaa!) - hoshisenshi - Jeanette |
<3<3<3<3

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #17 on: July 20 2006, 07:31 am »
I never really found Bikky and Carol that interesting. They were cute and everything, but only as background characters. When they had their own chapters I was mildly bored though maybe that's just because I wanted to get back to Dee and Ryo...

LOL their magic friends were sort of out-of-place with the rest of the series...
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage