AuthorTopic: Final fantasy XIII announced for PlayStation 3... AND Xbox 360?!  (Read 2948 times)

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
Can anyone say PWNT?

Sauce: http://kotaku.com/5025018/final-fantasy-xiii-coming-to-xbox-360

For the first time, after more than a decade of exclusivity with Sony, Square Enix's flagship franchise now plans to make its way to two high-definition consoles. While the Xbox 360 is a dying breed in Japan, it is a ferocious beast fighting head to head with Sony's equally feral PlayStation 3, and this is yet another shot fired in the war for console dominance, though it's less like a shot and more like several carpet bombings. While the actual release date has been unannounced, we can guarantee that Final Fantasy XIII will be released on both consoles in North America (but only for PlayStation 3 in Japan, since the 360 bombed there).

This is a major blow to Sony's machine in North America, as Final Fantasy XIII was being hyped, alongside Metal Gear Solid 4, as one of the reasons why it was absolutely integral to own the PS3. Now that it's planned for both consoles, that's one bullet point to erase off the list.
« Last Edit: July 16 2008, 04:05 pm by Takeru ¥amamoto »
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
One may question why Square Enix decided to go this route but the bottom line is the company's been losing money and may feel this is one way to get more people to buy their game now that it'll be available on both systems. Guess time will tell.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
The other reason is that the PS3 failed to bring in a profit in the US and Europe, that's the primary reason why Square Enix went wit the 360 for Star Ocean, Last Remnent, FFX+

It's also why the next Tales games are also coming out on the 360, and also why some other games that were exclusive to the PS3 have also been ported to the 360.

I currenlty own a 360, and will soon own a Wii once I can find one. EIther way, the 360 has my favorite games and until the PS3 goes down in price I won't switch to it :P

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
One may question why Square Enix decided to go this route but the bottom line is the company's been losing money and may feel this is one way to get more people to buy their game now that it'll be available on both systems. Guess time will tell.
also don't forget that the original FFs were all on the NIntendo. It wasn't a Sony Only game to begin with.

Ive just been hoping they make Versus come out on the 360 too.
I'm not THAT bothered by XIII, However, I'm really looking forward to XIII Versus.

now PS3 only has two reasons to be bought.
MGS4 and Disgaea 3.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.