AuthorTopic: Heath Ledger dies  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Heath Ledger dies
« on: January 23 2008, 10:34 am »
Actor Heath Ledger, Oscar nominee for his role in "Brokeback Mountain," was found dead in NYC.

http://omg.yahoo.com/heath-ledger-found-dead-in-nyc-at-age-28/news/5898

NEW YORK - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan apartment, naked in bed with sleeping pills nearby, police said. The Australian-born actor was 28. It wasn't immediately clear if Ledger had committed suicide.

He had an appointment for a massage at a residence in the tony neighborhood of SoHo, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said. A housekeeper who went to let him know the massage therapist had arrived found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

A large crowd of paparazzi and gawkers gathered outside the building on an upscale block. Ledger's body was still inside, and several police officers guarded the door.

The medical examiner's office planned an autopsy Wednesday, spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said.

While not a marquee movie star, Ledger was a respected, award-winning actor who chose his roles carefully rather than cashing in on his heartthrob looks. He was nominated for an Oscar for his performance as a gay cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain," where he met Michelle Williams, who played his wife in the film. The two had a daughter, Matilda, and lived together in Brooklyn until they split up last year.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
Re: Heath Ledger dies
« Reply #1 on: January 23 2008, 11:16 pm »
This saddens me. I've only seen one film with him in, A Knights Tale which is one of those films I really enjoyed too, but also because who will be Joker in new Dark Knight now ._.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• Dean Winchester is tied up in my closet!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • 100% Dean Winchester Obsessed!
Re: Heath Ledger dies
« Reply #2 on: January 24 2008, 03:28 am »
Wow..
I really can't wrap my head around this.
I loved A Knights Tale, it was my absolute favourite movie for such a long time (and it's still on my favourite list now)
The person I feel for most in all of this is his daughter.
~--------~~--------~
Rest in peace my furry friend.
Cinnamon - November 15th, 1990 - January 21st, 2006
~--------------------~
-AV NOT made by me. Creater unknown.-