AuthorTopic: Soul Calibur IV coming...  (Read 46316 times)

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Soul Calibur IV coming...
« on: January 10 2008, 11:43 am »
A screenshot from the upcoming Soul Calibur IV and no, this is NOT fabricated...it's TRUE!!! Here's the source!!!

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
Re: Soul Calibur IV coming...
« Reply #1 on: January 10 2008, 02:52 pm »
okayyy......that's weird. Well after Soul Calibur 2 it hasn't been the same (3 was kinda disappointing v.v)
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 11 2008, 11:57 am »

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #3 on: January 11 2008, 01:41 pm »
Link to Soul Calibur IV video trailer

Nightmare looks awesome and Siegfried still rocks. The new girl with the spear and sword looks interesting but Star Wars characters? *sigh* Oh well, i've bought 2 and 3 and i'll buy 4 just to see if the story realllyyy ends this time.
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #4 on: January 18 2008, 11:51 am »
it makes no sense.. Lightsabers would just cut through all the other characters weapons.. and bodies..
I never got the other Soul Calibur games, I told myself I was going to get 2 for the GC so I could play as Link but I never got around to it :(

Looking forward to Street Fighter IV tho <3
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #5 on: January 25 2008, 07:04 am »
it makes no sense.. Lightsabers would just cut through all the other characters weapons.. and bodies..
I never got the other Soul Calibur games, I told myself I was going to get 2 for the GC so I could play as Link but I never got around to it :(

Link is quite a mixed bag. On one hand he's the king of ring outs, on the other hand his attacks aren't that hard to counter/evade. But one of the best fighters in the game without a doubt. Played with him until I discovered Mitsurugi's might (who was so much changed in SC 3 that i hated the game for it and switched to Kilik >.<).

Soul Calibur 2 was and still is thé best of the SC games and just plain awesome, and that's coming from someone who hates fightinggames XD
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 25 2008, 01:23 pm »
After seeing some of the pics on SFIV, I'm not expecting much into the transition into a 3D fighter but that's for another time and another thread ;)

Offline RenaRyuugu

• New Fan
  • The meaning of life isn't so meaningful....
« Reply #7 on: January 27 2008, 10:53 am »
I only have soul calibur 3 and wtf? star wars now?

"Mokona Modoki's" rhymes with "KILLER Lolis"

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 09 2008, 03:58 pm »
Us Xbots get Yoda. You Sony kids get Vader.

Cross-platform online play would be a wonderful invention right about now. Because that would be an epic battle on several levels.
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #9 on: February 11 2008, 10:13 am »
Us Xbots get Yoda. You Sony kids get Vader.

Cross-platform online play would be a wonderful invention right about now. Because that would be an epic battle on several levels.
why did they have footage of yoda and vader fighting eachother? it would be pointless

I still think it's a truly stupid idea.
lightsabers would cut through everyones weapons and bodies.
idiots.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #10 on: February 11 2008, 07:24 pm »
why did they have footage of yoda and vader fighting eachother? it would be pointless

idiots.

agreed!

i've got a feeling that the SC games are running on their last legs.....
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 24 2008, 12:00 am »

idiots.
Ahem. Keyphrase CROSS PLATFORM.

And don't forget, pretty much every weapon in Soul Calibur has some sort of magic property to it. Also: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cortosis

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #12 on: March 14 2008, 11:53 pm »
Ahem. Keyphrase CROSS PLATFORM.

And don't forget, pretty much every weapon in Soul Calibur has some sort of magic property to it. Also: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cortosis
OOH, so now all the soul calibur characters' bodies and weapons are made out of Cortosis. yeah that makes TOTAL SENSE.

Ahem. Keyphrase PROPAGANDA.
yes, exactly, Cross Platform. Hence useless videos.
They should instead put out videos which can actually happen.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 24 2008, 06:53 am »
Ahem. Keyphrase PROPAGANDA.
You call that "propaganda? Do you think Snake in Super Smash Bros. Brawl is propaganda? First of all, the correct term is "product placement'. Second of all, Snake is in Brawl because Hideo Kojima wanted him out of pure ecstacy to be in SSB ever since the first one came out. And his placement in the game was madly artistic. Sonic's also in that game, and a SPARTAN-II from Halo is in Dead or Alive. Third of all, Lucas has nothing to monetarily gain from having his characters in the game. All of his Star Wars movies are done.

yes, exactly, Cross Platform. Hence useless videos.
I don't understand wtf cross-platform has anything to do with "videos". Do you know what cross-platform even means?

OOH, so now all the soul calibur characters' bodies and weapons are made out of Cortosis. yeah that makes TOTAL SENSE.
Yeah, dude. Like the vanilla game made any sense to begin with. In-game characters are already slashing at each other with very sharp BLADED WEAPONS to begin with, some of which that appear to be several dozen kilograms and have INHERENT MAGICAL POWERS. One has a GLOWING EYE in it.

And yet no one's arms or heads are getting blown off. There are no decapitations. Think about that for a second.

Besides, what's got you so hot and bothered about it? It's a fighting game, so it's not like their presence is gonna have a major impact on lore. Just don't pick them if you don't want them appearing in your game. Extras never hurt anybody.
« Last Edit: March 24 2008, 08:51 pm by Takeru ¥amamoto »

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #14 on: March 25 2008, 01:57 am »
Hai Hai! sokemade!

I'm sensing way too much hostility here. Keep the discussions on a friendly level as they should be or the topic will be locked.

This is my first and final warning!!!
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #15 on: March 25 2008, 11:29 pm »
lol.. phail so hard.

You call that "propaganda? Do you think Snake in Super Smash Bros. Brawl is propaganda? First of all, the correct term is "product placement'. Second of all, Snake is in Brawl because Hideo Kojima wanted him out of pure ecstacy to be in SSB ever since the first one came out. And his placement in the game was madly artistic. Sonic's also in that game, and a SPARTAN-II from Halo is in Dead or Alive. Third of all, Lucas has nothing to monetarily gain from having his characters in the game. All of his Star Wars movies are done.
We are not talking about Brawl. Don't go off topic.

I don't understand wtf cross-platform has anything to do with "videos". Do you know what cross-platform even means?
You don't know what a video is!? ouh boy..
Read the posts again.
No mention of cross platform play was talked about at all. (only you randomly shouting about a "keyphrase", Next time.. elaborate or post news about it being cross platform playable. Being so vague is being deliberately annoying)
I only found out the game was Cross platform playable last Sunday.
So henceforth with the info in this topic that was placed would indeed give you the impression that showing a video (video!) of Darth and Yoda fighting would be propaganda (cross platform video! get it now?) because you wouldn't of been able to play those two characters fighting each other, hence making the video useless (where cross platforming has something to do with "videos" is the video of Darth and Yoda fighting, not seen it? go look for it).
Also in case you didn't know: Video.

Also on the subject of Darth and Yoda.
I find it very odd that the xbox community seems to be upset with getting yoda.
Yoda is by far the advantage! You're short! So you can't get hit by those high attacks, maybe not even medium attacks! It's going to be oddjob all over again.

Yeah, dude. Like the vanilla game made any sense to begin with. In-game characters are already slashing at each other with very sharp BLADED WEAPONS to begin with, some of which that appear to be several dozen kilograms and have INHERENT MAGICAL POWERS. One has a GLOWING EYE in it.

And yet no one's arms or heads are getting blown off. There are no decapitations. Think about that for a second.

Vanilla game? A Simulation Game about Making ICE CREAM!?!? I don't think I'd buy that game..

I had no problem with the other weapons. They can cause actual damage.
Lightsabers cut through anything though.
It's a stupid advantage for the SW characters.
Putting them in the game is just cheesy too.
nothing particularly wrong with cheesy, just a nonsensical choice of characters.
at least with Heihachi and Link they had a reason to be put into those games. (Spawn is still useless for why they put him in xbox).

Besides, what's got you so hot and bothered about it? It's a fighting game, so it's not like their presence is gonna have a major impact on lore. Just don't pick them if you don't want them appearing in your game. Extras never hurt anybody.
lol.. huh?
I've only ever mentioned my disliking for the lightsaber inclusion since it would make no sense for them to be put in battle with materialistic weapons such as swords etc.

I've been quite excited about the game myself.
If anything, you don't seem that thrilled by it, I have no problem with that either.
I look forward to the SCIV tournements I'm going to have with friends when it is released.
(Need to get practicing tho, friend of mine is unstoppable with one of the characters).

hope your head no hurty anymore =3

Hai Hai! sokemade!

I'm sensing way too much hostility here. Keep the discussions on a friendly level as they should be or the topic will be locked.

This is my first and final warning!!!

Hello Kuro-puppy!

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #16 on: March 27 2008, 01:31 am »
Okay, that's it!

- topic locked -
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family: