AuthorTopic: Video game and anime Concert - Melbourne, Sydney, Singapore  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?

I'm helping out at the passion concert so I'm here spreading the word :).
It's a great night out, plus (last time anyway) there was an oppotunity to meet the musicians.
So without further heres the info...

Performed by a small ensemble, consisting of violins, percussion, guitar and piano, ‘Passion’ will feature the unique and innovative arrangements of memorable themes from games such as Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Tsubasa Chronicle, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy XII, Xenosaga, Haibane Renmei, Shadow of the Colossus, Super Mario Bros., .hack//Liminality and many more.

On top of the great selection of anime and games, we will also be performing selected classics from Walt Disney features.
For over 3 years, Eminence has listened to the greatly appreciated opinions of the community with ‘passion’, bringing together many of these ideas into a series which is specifically designed to cater for everyone. We believe that this concert will be a testament to the amazing talent of the musicians involved and will show Eminence’s ‘Passion’ for quality.

In order for the audience members to receive the maximum experience, Eminence has collaborated with and consulted the composers of the performed pieces themselves, and has received invaluable advice on the performance setlist.

We are quite fortunate to play music hand-chosen by the composers and freshly arranged with an impressionistic, interpretative touch. Through talks with composers, as well as extensive research through many of Japan's video game and anime scores, we hope to give each attendee an experience which they will not forget.

To add even more excitement and wonderment, well-known video game composer Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono series, Xenogears) will not only be attending as a guest of honour, but will also be playing the bouzouki on a select number of tracks. Also to be in attendence at the Sydney show, will be Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy Tactics)

All attendees will have the chance to meet these composers at a special meet and greet session free of charge!
‘Passion’ is without a doubt Eminence’s most exciting concert to date. Please join us for this world premiere, as you will not be disappointed.

As I mentioned it takes place in Melbourne (9th Dec), Sydney (16 Dec) and Singapore (23 Dec).
I encourage everyone to have a look and hope to see you there.
Passion Website
Hope this isnt too spammy ^^, but I thought some people might be interested. Just delete/move it if it is.