AuthorTopic: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 16: The Other Side of Nostalgia  (Read 45509 times)

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
Re: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 16: The Other Side of Nostalgia
« Reply #20 on: August 29 2006, 05:00 pm »
I admit I haven't been watching the anime at all, but I watched the raw and one thing I noticed,
Show content
Sakura is awake at the end of the episode.  How is she supposed to get trapped in a bubble with Subaru in Tokyo if she's awake?
  o_O

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
Re: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 16: The Other Side of Nos
« Reply #21 on: August 29 2006, 05:54 pm »
I admit I haven't been watching the anime at all, but I watched the raw and one thing I noticed,
Show content
Sakura is awake at the end of the episode.  How is she supposed to get trapped in a bubble with Subaru in Tokyo if she's awake?
  o_O
theres suposed to be another feather somewhere in lecourt that causes syaoran to SHRINK, where in Keroberos apears and helps mokona find him :shifty:
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 29 2006, 05:57 pm »
theres suposed to be another feather somewhere in lecourt that causes syaoran to SHRINK, where in Keroberos apears and helps mokona find him :shifty:

Too many feathers...Sakura must be like a feather mattress in the anime, with all the fillers and all. -_-
« Last Edit: August 30 2006, 04:29 am by nefadol »

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #23 on: August 29 2006, 07:38 pm »
All i can say its a nice episode with some new songs and bgms.   
Show content
Fai played important role in this episode.  He is the one who explained the event and saved the day.  Kurogane realized the existence of "shadow syaoran" while retriving the feather.  I think this part is important because the animators are trying to make some informal introduction for the "other syaoran".

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #24 on: August 30 2006, 06:28 am »

That episode is so going to stink! Kereberos in Lecourt?! Why don't they put Yue also? Or that other Kero look-a-like?!

Anyway, this episode wasn't that bad, the animation was...good, but the music was excellent! I guess that if one could mention a plus of the anime version Tsubasa, you could say it's music. I love the music!

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #25 on: August 30 2006, 08:43 am »
That episode is so going to stink! Kereberos in Lecourt?! Why don't they put Yue also? Or that other Kero look-a-like?!

Anyway, this episode wasn't that bad, the animation was...good, but the music was excellent! I guess that if one could mention a plus of the anime version Tsubasa, you could say it's music. I love the music!
the purpose of putting kero in the ep is to real in mre ccs fans <.<
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Airashii

• cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #26 on: August 30 2006, 09:29 am »
That's just stupid, Tsubasa and CCS are from completely different age groups. Kero in Tsubasa just doesn't fit, it'll be soooooo lame!

Embrace and kiss me

Offline Mina

• Obsessed Fan
  • この世に「外人」なんていない
« Reply #27 on: August 30 2006, 12:45 pm »
You know, the more I rewatch this episode (at least a part of it), the more I like it... I really love the part where they visit the place Syaoran and Sakura were in epi. 1, Sakura about to tell Syaoran she loves him. With that song in the background, it makes such a sad scene...I think the seiyuu of Sakura did splendid job when Sakura was saying she couldn't remember to whom or what she was trying to tell a person... and maybe it's just difference in animation but comparing the flashback Syao x Sakura and the "present" Syao x Sakura, the present Syao x Sakura seem much more.. grown up... but maybe that's just me...

I'm not looking forward to fillers.... fillers = bad... but they can't possibly  go to the end of season with fillers, can they? By the looks of it, they have to get to the next country...  has CLAMP be telling BeeTrain what happens next in the story? I mean for them to be able to include the next country, they must have had knowledge about it before the chapter release..

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #28 on: August 30 2006, 01:29 pm »
i douvt it, but perhaps beetrain has started to animate the tokyo arc, but we wont see it till far after ep 46 -_-
because THIS does NOT sound like X/Tokyo world AT ALL:

46. The Secret Art of Gokui
秘術のゴクイ
Hijutsu no gokui

yknow, i had a dream about TRC,... i was at wawa's and i was telling my best friend from highschool all about TRC, and the check out person butted in saying how much beetrain had ruined it...at some point i talked about "the best filler arc by BT" and i think it was something about something wierd happneg to Fai (NOT THE EYE) looking at the dream...the "arc" i was talking about seems rather lame (im not saying what happened...just even DREAMING that i was praising the "good work" of BT is enmbarasing enough  :dodge:
i hope to god that BT doesnt ever come up with that idea. >_<
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #29 on: August 30 2006, 11:35 pm »
I expect they will save the Tokyo arc for series 3, so we should expect a few spoilers coming up to fill in the space...

as for episode 42...
ahhh the music was lovely! so excited about the 4th OST! *_*
Show content
Well, honestly, I don't trust Bee train anymore, and I think its safe to say the anime will never live up to the manga.
However, I quite enjoyed the S&S parts in this episode regardless. My heart was in my mouth when Sakura saw Syaoran's house, and even more so after the flashback and he sits back down with her. (I think the music made it even more emotional) ^^;

The amount of flashbacks though... made me dizzy X_x
The amount of flashbacks made me dizzy X_X
The one we haven't seen though when Sakura gets her feather back. ;__; no Syaoran! just her talking to herself again. Do you ever think she wonders if she was crazy? sitting there having a one way conversation on her own ^^; lol

What annoys me is the animation has no flow to it. Its so rigid. It doesn't help that CLAMP chose such a tall thin style, but the animators fail to work with it as well in motion. It looks better on the page of a book.

Oh and... I thought Fye couldn't whistle?

Best thing was the music though... <3

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #30 on: August 31 2006, 01:21 am »
@ part of your review:
Show content
Oh and... I thought Fye couldn't whistle?
Show content
the animators ruined the build up. ll thruout their time in "clow" fai halfwhistles, like he did at the end of ep 41...only a timy sound. in tha manga, while they were looking for the book, and kuro pushed the book helf, the written sound effet was "pyuu' rther then "hyuu"... even at one point he went "ne kuromin, did that sound like a whistle?" (of course kuro was rather BUSY atthe moment XP) when fai throws his bowler inro the acid, thats the first time "pyuu" was drawn with music notes around it.

fai's whistle magic was suposed to be far more dramatic then it was in the anime.

http://tinyurl.com/mzbdb
http://tinyurl.com/fsf3e
http://tinyurl.com/kjcg8
http://tinyurl.com/zncca
http://i1.tinypic.com/261kz6p.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/zsru4
http://tinyurl.com/fg4tb

even if your NOT a manga reader...red that excerpt if you want to know the TRUE emotion of the scene <_<
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #31 on: August 31 2006, 01:28 am »
The only thing I liked about this episode was the music *sigh* The whistle was pretty disappointing, it didn't even sound cool. (Whatever I had expected was definitely NOT an Asian sounding flute or something.)

And it somehow bothers me that his magic is blue >>" I know, it's supposed to be blue, but the scene in the manga just screams "pale green" to me.

The whole thing how they come out of the library and such - it just lacks all the "ZOMG WTF HE USED MAGIC?!" *sniff*
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #32 on: August 31 2006, 01:32 am »
@ part of your review:
Show content
the animators ruined the build up. ll thruout their time in "clow" fai halfwhistles, like he did at the end of ep 41...only a timy sound. in tha manga, while they were looking for the book, and kuro pushed the book helf, the written sound effet was "pyuu' rther then "hyuu"... even at one point he went "ne kuromin, did that sound like a whistle?" (of course kuro was rather BUSY atthe moment XP) when fai throws his bowler inro the acid, thats the first time "pyuu" was drawn with music notes around it.

fai's whistle magic was suposed to be far more dramatic then it was in the anime.

http://tinyurl.com/mzbdb
http://tinyurl.com/fsf3e
http://tinyurl.com/kjcg8
http://tinyurl.com/zncca
http://i1.tinypic.com/261kz6p.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/zsru4
http://tinyurl.com/fg4tb

even if your NOT a manga reader...red that excerpt if you want to know the TRUE emotion of the scene <_<

ahh thanks.. ^_^ I obviously didn't pay close enough attention whilst reading that manga chapter! >__<
but your right, Bee train have a record at draining any emotion from a scene
« Last Edit: August 31 2006, 02:13 am by Xiao_Lang »

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #33 on: August 31 2006, 02:34 am »
indeed. the manga your ike "O.O OMG did he just DO that?" whilst in the anime your like, "huh? what? oh...fai used his magic. ok *shrugs*"

nd your right, to me the use of his magic in the maga soundedin my head like a haounting ghstly whstiling, and the sheild slowly rising., not like a flute sound and POOF insta-sheild.

The only thing I liked about this episode was the music *sigh* The whistle was pretty disappointing, it didn't even sound cool. (Whatever I had expected was definitely NOT an Asian sounding flute or something.)

And it somehow bothers me that his magic is blue >>" I know, it's supposed to be blue, but the scene in the manga just screams "pale green" to me.

The whole thing how they come out of the library and such - it just lacks all the "ZOMG WTF HE USED MAGIC?!" *sniff*
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #34 on: August 31 2006, 02:51 am »
indeed. the manga your ike "O.O OMG did he just DO that?" whilst in the anime your like, "huh? what? oh...fai used his magic. ok *shrugs*"

you have read the manga where the scene was "O.O OMG" but then when you watch the anime you already know he is gonna do that, doesn't that make it less "O.O OMG" as well?
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #35 on: August 31 2006, 03:40 am »
you have read the manga where the scene was "O.O OMG" but then when you watch the anime you already know he is gonna do that, doesn't that make it less "O.O OMG" as well?
i guess, but i havent read the manga since 2 months prior to the episode...<.< there still should have been SOMEsort of buildup :P
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline nefadol

• Super Fan
« Reply #36 on: August 31 2006, 04:32 am »
Show content
You also have to think that after he whistled in the manga they were dumped into Tokyo, Sakura was asleep, and they could talk to Fai about him breaking his promise not to use his magic.  They're still on the run in the anime, so I guess their priorities lie elsewhere.  Hopefully they still have the chapter 112 talk. Test tube Syaoran showing signs that he's waking up in the anime is a good sign for Tokyo though.

By the looks of it, Tokyo probably won't show up until next season.  They should already be in Tokyo. -_-

Offline KiraiAnca

• anything for cheese
« Reply #37 on: September 01 2006, 12:26 am »
Did anyone notice the eye-catch? (literarilly...)

Show content
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v724/Ancalyme/BlueEyesSyaoran.jpg

~This may already be known, but I only noticed it now.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #38 on: September 01 2006, 01:11 am »

Show content

O_O holy.......i never noticed that
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Airashii

• cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #39 on: September 01 2006, 05:33 am »

Show content

What's the matter with it?

Embrace and kiss me