AuthorTopic: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 6: A Date with a Sorcerer  (Read 47192 times)

Offline selenityshiroi

• Mega Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
Re: [TRC Arc 2] Episode 6: A Date with a Sorcerer
« Reply #40 on: June 07 2006, 05:08 am »
Show content
Sumomo makes me laugh! XD (who is her seiyu? her Seiyu in Chobits was Syaorans CCS voice actress! is it still her?)
anyway.... lol

That makes me laugh because Kotoko was voiced, in Chobits, by Meilin's CCS voice actress.

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #41 on: June 07 2006, 05:24 am »
I said this on my LJ, but I'll say it again. Seeing Fai attempt to pass himself off as heterosexual is painful.

I'm going to watch it try not to think of the RG Veda Ashura/Yasha >.>, they should not gotten together and I choose to interpret the end of RGV that they didnt.
You don't like Yasha/Ashura? XD Because of the age difference? Or you just don't think they make a good couple? I must admit, I was far more comfortable with Yasha/Ashura in Shurano than in RG Veda, because of the whole age difference thing. In RG Veda Yasha/Ashura was sometimes too much like pedophilia for my taste. >< I still wanted them to get together, just when Ashura was a bit older.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #42 on: June 07 2006, 05:47 am »
I never read RG Veda, so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but I think Ashura and Yasha make a very cute couple. In Shurano, anyway.

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #43 on: June 07 2006, 05:56 am »
I said this on my LJ, but I'll say it again. Seeing Fai attempt to pass himself off as heterosexual is painful.
You don't like Yasha/Ashura? XD Because of the age difference? Or you just don't think they make a good couple? I must admit, I was far more comfortable with Yasha/Ashura in Shurano than in RG Veda, because of the whole age difference thing. In RG Veda Yasha/Ashura was sometimes too much like pedophilia for my taste. >< I still wanted them to get together, just when Ashura was a bit older.

I haven't read RG veda... what are their ages in that? what difference is age is there?

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #44 on: June 07 2006, 06:19 am »
Well, in terms of Ashura (son) in RG Veda, he was only a little kid because he had been sealed away. If you remember, he had a twin brother who was already grown. Every time Ashura used a lot of power he would age more, if I remember correctly. So he was physically a little kid (who continued to grow in random bursts) but he was "old" already. So when Ashura finally became "adult" in appearance was when he matched his actual age (I don't remember, but I want to say something like he had been sealed away 300 years? I might just be making that up though, so don't count on it).

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #45 on: June 07 2006, 06:57 am »
What about Yasha then? How old is he?

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #46 on: June 07 2006, 08:59 am »
What about Yasha then? How old is he?
Hm. I am not really sure. Yasha is about the same age as Kendappa.  Ashura's twin brother is all in love with and wants to marry Kendappa, so I assume that the age difference between Kendappa, Yasha, Ashura and his brother are not very big at all.

So after Ashura loses his child appearance, I don't see an issue between Yasha and Ashura being together.

Now the problem lies here, I think. If Ashura is genderless (in RG Veda, even though he's referred to as 'he' for translation purposes), do you think they would make him into a girl in the anime O_O

Offline Jadeth

• Queen Fai
« Reply #47 on: June 07 2006, 03:39 pm »

Now the problem lies here, I think. If Ashura is genderless (in RG Veda, even though he's referred to as 'he' for translation purposes), do you think they would make him into a girl in the anime O_O

@___@ Ahh, I vaguely remember Syaoran referring in the manga to Ashura as a 'she', which scared me... But he's constantly referred to as the 'God of War', not the 'Goddess...'. Would the anime really change that drastically just to avoid teh gay?

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #48 on: June 07 2006, 03:49 pm »
@___@ Ahh, I vaguely remember Syaoran referring in the manga to Ashura as a 'she', which scared me... But he's constantly referred to as the 'God of War', not the 'Goddess...'. Would the anime really change that drastically just to avoid teh gay?

I never saw it as "she' in the manga, I made a point to look out for that T_T maybe I missed something. But yeah, I agree. The most I see them doing is giving them a really feminine sounding voice, but there's a tendency to do that in anime anyway... ^^;

Offline Jadeth

• Queen Fai
« Reply #49 on: June 07 2006, 03:51 pm »
I never saw it as "she' in the manga, I made a point to look out for that T_T maybe I missed something. But yeah, I agree. The most I see them doing is giving them a really feminine sounding voice, but there's a tendency to do that in anime anyway... ^^;

Ah... if I'm bored enough, I'll try and stalk the precise page down. Maybe it was just in my imagination xD

I'm just happy they didn't give Fai a squeaky squeaky voice. Mokona's voice I can deal with, but Fai+Mokona's voice=*ded*

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #50 on: June 07 2006, 03:59 pm »
Ah... if I'm bored enough, I'll try and stalk the precise page down. Maybe it was just in my imagination xD

I'm just happy they didn't give Fai a squeaky squeaky voice. Mokona's voice I can deal with, but Fai+Mokona's voice=*ded*

o_o Fai... with Mokona's voice...? *sobs infinitely* What is this travesty.

I am having way too good a time imagining this. "Fai is Fai! blah blah blah 108 Secret Techniques! Blah blah blah Fai worked hard too!" :D

Offline Jadeth

• Queen Fai
« Reply #51 on: June 07 2006, 04:03 pm »
o_o Fai... with Mokona's voice...? *sobs infinitely* What is this travesty.

I am having way too good a time imagining this. "Fai is Fai! blah blah blah 108 Secret Techniques! Blah blah blah Fai worked hard too!" :D

Same here. XD Well, in the same way that Mokona could imitate Kuro's voice (which was delightful XD), maybe Fai's magic allows him to speak in Mokona-voice? Gee, Kuro must not like it very much. XD *mental image of Kuro being stalked by Fai and Mokona both teasing him in Mokona's Voice* XD

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #52 on: June 07 2006, 04:21 pm »
Same here. XD Well, in the same way that Mokona could imitate Kuro's voice (which was delightful XD), maybe Fai's magic allows him to speak in Mokona-voice? Gee, Kuro must not like it very much. XD *mental image of Kuro being stalked by Fai and Mokona both teasing him in Mokona's Voice* XD

Haha, I loved it when Mokona did Kurogane's voice in the anime. "Kurogane ureshii!" is practically the whole reason why I don't want to murder the anime XD But this episode made me go back to wanting to slap the brains out of BeeTrain 6_6

Offline Jadeth

• Queen Fai
« Reply #53 on: June 07 2006, 04:36 pm »
Haha, I loved it when Mokona did Kurogane's voice in the anime. "Kurogane ureshii!" is practically the whole reason why I don't want to murder the anime XD But this episode made me go back to wanting to slap the brains out of BeeTrain 6_6

Saaaame. The manga is just infinitely better xDD The anime is way too Sakura-focussed for me. @__<

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #54 on: June 07 2006, 04:44 pm »
Saaaame. The manga is just infinitely better xDD The anime is way too Sakura-focussed for me. @__<
Not only that, but the animation quality is a bit, well, bad. *snort* This episode had nice animation, but I hated the story. Other episodes have nice stories but really bad animation. AND I WANT THEM TO GET DRUNK. It is so weird but that is one of my pet peeves. No drunk Syaoran trying to fight with a ladle and no drunk Sakura and Fai meowing... *sobs* The soundtrack is very pretty though. I just wonder how bad they are going to mess up this next arc. I heard it was only 4 episodes long... o_o Huh.

Offline Jadeth

• Queen Fai
« Reply #55 on: June 07 2006, 07:15 pm »
Not only that, but the animation quality is a bit, well, bad. *snort* This episode had nice animation, but I hated the story. Other episodes have nice stories but really bad animation. AND I WANT THEM TO GET DRUNK. It is so weird but that is one of my pet peeves. No drunk Syaoran trying to fight with a ladle and no drunk Sakura and Fai meowing... *sobs* The soundtrack is very pretty though. I just wonder how bad they are going to mess up this next arc. I heard it was only 4 episodes long... o_o Huh.

I know, I stopped watching the anime for so long, I just recently started to watch it again... xD; Then I got into the manga again, and I'm still surprised at how infinitely better it is. The anime is only worthwhile because of sounds made from Fai (Hyuu!), and Mokona and the battle music. *__* Yeaah, did they really leave out the drunk parts? T__T I loved those parts- I wondered whether I might've missed it >__<

Nyaa, I've heard so many things about Chii's voice being grating and annoying and I'm scared to watch it now. XD

I wonder whether they'll show Fai's surprise if he finds out that it's Kid!Ashura he's supposed to be facing, not his!Ashura. XD;;; They left that out in the manga and it made me saaad.

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #56 on: June 07 2006, 07:32 pm »
I know, I stopped watching the anime for so long, I just recently started to watch it again... xD; Then I got into the manga again, and I'm still surprised at how infinitely better it is. The anime is only worthwhile because of sounds made from Fai (Hyuu!), and Mokona and the battle music. *__* Yeaah, did they really leave out the drunk parts? T__T I loved those parts- I wondered whether I might've missed it >__<

Nyaa, I've heard so many things about Chii's voice being grating and annoying and I'm scared to watch it now. XD

I wonder whether they'll show Fai's surprise if he finds out that it's Kid!Ashura he's supposed to be facing, not his!Ashura. XD;;; They left that out in the manga and it made me saaad.

Yup, they cut out all the drunken parts, I guess it has something to do with the intended audience and broadcasting channel. I really don't know. All traces of alcohol are cut out pretty much, except when they go into Clover because well, it's a bar. Fai's seiyuu is definitely another reason I like watching the anime, he does a good job. I don't have a problem with any of the seiyuu, actually, it's just the crappy story alterations they make T_T The manga is infinitely superior, it actually makes me care a lot for the characters, while when I had only watched the anime I was like "Eh, it's nice but..."

The annoyingness of Chii's voice only added to the whole annoyingness of the episode, sadly.

Hm, I wonder if they'll show Fai's reaction to the name Ashura, because I know Kuropon comments on it but they never actually show it, I think.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #57 on: June 07 2006, 07:37 pm »
Yup, they cut out all the drunken parts, I guess it has something to do with the intended audience and broadcasting channel. I really don't know. All traces of alcohol are cut out pretty much, except when they go into Clover because well, it's a bar. Fai's seiyuu is definitely another reason I like watching the anime, he does a good job. I don't have a problem with any of the seiyuu, actually, it's just the crappy story alterations they make T_T The manga is infinitely superior, it actually makes me care a lot for the characters, while when I had only watched the anime I was like "Eh, it's nice but..."

The annoyingness of Chii's voice only added to the whole annoyingness of the episode, sadly.

Hm, I wonder if they'll show Fai's reaction to the name Ashura, because I know Kuropon comments on it but they never actually show it, I think.
no they never showed us fai's face when the priest mentioned "ashura" but im sure it will be similar to that horific tiny pupiled look we saw when kuro menioned the name.

------
just so you guys know, i saw on LE's boards that Tofusensi was AWOL for the past 6 days, tho he was seen online yesterday. so we hopefully will get the episde with in a day or so.
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #58 on: June 07 2006, 07:42 pm »
It wasnt the age difference so much, ok there was a difference and there's a whole other wrongness I have yet to explore there. But for the entire manga they acted like father and son, people refered to them as father and son. Putting them together romanticaly seemed liek a relationship for the sake of a relationship because their love was platonic. They're too close to family. Just because they're not blood related doesnt make them any less of a father and son and there was never a hint of anything but that unitl the final pages.
That's why I oppose to Ashura/Yasha.

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #59 on: June 08 2006, 01:30 am »
In the back of book 9, is says 'We purposely don't refer to Ashura as a man or woman, no charaters calls ashura she or he as in the Japanese no honorifics are used to define his/her sex'

so... I don't think they are avoiding the 'gay relationship'... at least... not on purpose..

And I agree with what you said about the drunken antics being cut out. Maybe its because they think Syaoran and Sakura are too young so its wrong to show it. The drinking age in Japan is 21 right?

Its only 18 here XDD LOL.
Can't say I've ever run around with a ladel.

there was that time with the broom though... XDD