AuthorTopic: Da Vinci Code  (Read 21727 times)

Offline Eriol

• Something down there....
  • Super Fan
  • ~The Reincarnated one~
Re: Da Vinci Code
« Reply #40 on: May 30 2006, 05:37 pm »
Thanks God!!It's rated R-18 in my country 'cause you know it's like blasphemy for other Catholics and Opus Dei believers 'cause of the contents and I can blame 'em!!!
A mind is terrible thing to waste.

This is only the beginning,the beginning of the end!!

Impossible is nothing!!

Happiness is a warm puppy from Bartlett and also from Peanuts(Charles M. Schulz)

FlyFF character:
Enceladus ---->Elementalist/lvl 93(Never underestimate the power of Nature..)
SHaruhi---->Billposter/lvl 66+(It's clobbering time!!)

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #41 on: May 30 2006, 05:47 pm »
I was expecting this movie will rule the box office charts but X Men 3 just beat it! Oh well...

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #42 on: May 31 2006, 09:58 pm »
Quote from: Eriol
Thanks God!!It's rated R-18 in my country 'cause you know it's like blasphemy for other Catholics and Opus Dei believers 'cause of the contents and I can blame 'em!!!

So what if they think it's blasphemous? To me, that's like saying that The Passion of the Christ should have been rated R-18 just because it may be offending to atheists or people of different religions (well, I guess it was anyway, since I've heard it was a pretty violent movie).

Me, I haven't read the book yet (I must be the last person in the world, ne?) but I probably won't see the movie even after I've read it. If I like the novel, I probably won't watch the movie, out of fear of having the experience ruined. I don't like the book, then there's no need to watch the movie as well, I figure. :)
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #43 on: June 02 2006, 11:12 am »
Rated R O.o wow your country cares.
I'm in Australia there was no controversy at all. No religions groups or protests. Ha ha no one here cares.
Though a comedy show did do a protest out the front of the cinema drressed as preists trying to warn people away because its a bad movie and Tom hank's acting is terrible :P..... I'm seeing it this afternoon lol!

Personaly I dont think God is going to send you to hell for watching a fictional movie. God is all love and forgiveness (and smiting) but I dont think he's going to get worked up about a movie O.o. I'm catholic and I see nothing wrong with it.

Offline merin

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #44 on: June 06 2006, 04:04 am »
well,

i am a baptised christian i really dont care much because first of all, its a fiction and just because it is reknowned that doesnt mean that people are just going to throw away their own faith and believes for a best seller.

i mean faith is not just an illusion or a mere word that could be thrown away over something written by another human.

Offline Chibikawa

• Good Fan
  • The clueless
« Reply #45 on: June 06 2006, 07:44 am »
I saw this movie(actually, I snuck into it right after seeing X-men 3). I'm glad I didn't pay for it, 'cause the high amount of religion mentioning made me a bit uncomfortable. I also didn't understand nor care for half of what they were saying. Someone with a higher IQ than mine might enjoy it more. I only snuck into it because I was bored(and it was my mom's idea, anyway). Either way, I'm Catholic and found no offense in it at all. But the history changing stories also bothered me a bit. Of course, the only history part I understood were the Crusades, since I'm learning that in Global History right now. Watching that certainly isn't going to help me on my final, no sir-e. And there's no way I'm gonna read the book if the movie was too confusing for me.
This is all my opinion, by the way. Don't listen to my low-rated ranks.  -_-

-If only the sun could give light to those burnt out stars, even for only a moment, so that they can say good-bye.

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #46 on: June 07 2006, 06:07 am »
And there's no way I'm gonna read the book if the movie was too confusing for me.
This is all my opinion, by the way. Don't listen to my low-rated ranks.  -_-

:haha: Chibikawa-san!! The book is confusing! The first time I read it, I just kept getting lost, so I had to keep reading the same part a few times over. It took me about ages just to finish the book, and then when the movie came out I decided to read it again...Man, do I have bad judgement...I've given up trying to read it again lol!

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 13 2006, 08:32 am »
i don't know cause i hadn't had time to go watch a movie,but my friends said that x-men 3 was better Da vinci, true?
by me.

Offline Chibikawa

• Good Fan
  • The clueless
« Reply #48 on: June 13 2006, 08:34 am »
i don't know cause i hadn't had time to go watch a movie,but my friends said that x-men 3 was better Da vinci, true?
An opinion is all that is. I've seen them both. My interest in movies makes me more attracted to X-men 3. But I'm sure some people thought The Da Vinci Code was better... But I personally found it boring(considering I understood nothing). But X-men 3 also had its disappointing points...

-If only the sun could give light to those burnt out stars, even for only a moment, so that they can say good-bye.