AuthorTopic: Da Vinci Code  (Read 21236 times)

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
Da Vinci Code
« on: May 20 2006, 07:50 am »
There is some argument in Christians and Catholic about not watching the movie
and being against them
since i'm in a christian family, i'm not watching...
but, what do you think about this movie?
by me.

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
Re: Da Vinci Code
« Reply #1 on: May 20 2006, 08:06 am »
well, I'm christian too...I know people that is against davinci code cause its story.for exmple, I know someone who hasn't read the book, but I tell to this person that couldn't give its opinio cause hasn't an own veredict. i've not read and no seen the movie,but I think that dan brown's book is only a story, it isn't real!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #2 on: May 20 2006, 08:37 am »
I hate people who over react over a story.
I'm trying to think of a way to word this post without offending anyone.. But this topic makes me annoyed. So I apologise in advance, So if your offended easily just don't read. no complaints please.

You are willing to not see a movie (key word: MOVIE) because some Religois Zealots (Religous Extremists, i.e dangerous people) are annoyed that they rewrote the Bible so it's got some mystery into it's story (keyword: STORY).

if your going to treat this as truth, then why didn't the Jews get really angry with The Passion of the Christ film? That movie made the Jews look EVIL and they certainly are not. if you are to treat DaVinci as truth, why didn't they throw a fit when it was first published in book format? These are the same people who said the movie Dogma was abusing Religion. People who are boycotting this film are very narrowminded.

To me, I don't really believe in the bible, The bible to me is as real as Dragonball Z, Dogma, Evangelion and Digimon (and I believe ALL those exist, I don't not believe in much) so this is coming from a guy who thinks anything is possible, Aliens, Ghosts, Poltergeists, Cloning, Zombies etc

And besides, why are they all so defensive about it, If THE BIBLE IS true then they shouldn't have to defend it so badly. If you TRULY believe in your faith this movie should not affect you at all, It should just be a form of entertainment like any other movie. Christians need to lighten up and learn what Entertainment is, They get too annoyed too much. You can't deny it either, Movies, Books, Anime Cons, WARS!!!

This movie doesn't even interest me much but out of spite because of all these christians, I do feel like watching it over and over again.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Hori

• I wuvvles Shougo ^_^
  • Great Fan
  • Shougo <3 <3<3 ^_^
« Reply #3 on: May 20 2006, 08:45 am »
Ermm..

I Think that Everyone should have their own opinion..

But People should not try to force their own opinions upon others..
Every person should be intitled to their own opinion.. and the choice to go and see it or not..

They have free will... Everyone should excersize their own freedom of choice.

Dedicated to Ruby-chan ... you mad fangirl you.
Forum Family
Oniichantouya- Twin
Ruby-chan - Older sister
Sakaki - Older sister
AkaiYuki - Older sister
Okamirei - Little sister
Zeldi - Little sister
Fai - Little sister  
Starfire - Cousin

Don't be afraid of not being able to trust. Trust the unknown because it guided me. Do not be afraid to walk blind. Do not be afraid to speak and not be heard. Someone's there, I am there. Don't ever say goodbye, because I'm not gone for good.

http://world3.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=38093696

^ Cool Game ! You gotta try it !

Offline Monse-chan

• Love is like a cherry blossom...
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Love is like a cherry blossom...sweet and delicate
« Reply #4 on: May 20 2006, 08:46 am »
If you TRULY believe in your faith this movie should not affect you at all, It should just be a form of entertainment like any other movie.

I agree with that. I will go see the movie, because I read the book and I thought the story was interesting.  And I will go see it with the same intention as seeing (for example, and just because it is the last movie I heard of) Mission Impossible III.....

Some people DO overeact, but I know I read the book, and I will go see the movie.... when I am free....because today I have loads of things to do during the weekend....
  :bunny: *** My Forum Family*** :bunny:
Imouto-chans: Beautiful Maddie-chan, Zeldi-chan,and Marina-chan
Onii-san:[/b] KuroPuppy
Onee-chans: Charme-san, wise and funny Miss Endoh, and Ralea-chan
My lovely and wonderful tia: Moon Li
Lovely avatar and siggy made by my dear auntie Moon Li!!! Arigatou!!
[/i]

Cherry Blossoms dance around you.....
[/i][/b]

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #5 on: May 20 2006, 08:48 am »
I agree with that. I will go see the movie, because I read the book and I thought the story was interesting.  And I will go see it with the same intention as seeing (for example, and just because it is the last movie I heard of) Mission Impossible III.....

Some people DO overeact, but I know I read the book, and I will go see the movie.... when I am free....because today I have loads of things to do during the weekend....
Mission Impossible III totally rocked, You'll love it <3 I know I did.
I saw "Waiting..." Today too, really funny, I'm surprised theres no General "New Movies in Cinema" Thread.
*is a cinema buff*

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #6 on: May 20 2006, 08:52 am »

And besides, why are they all so defensive about it, If THE BIBLE IS true then they shouldn't have to defend it so badly. If you TRULY believe in your faith this movie should not affect you at all, It should just be a form of entertainment like any other movie. Christians need to lighten up and learn what Entertainment is, They get too annoyed too much. You can't deny it either, Movies, Books, Anime Cons, WARS!!!

Vex is right, basically, this is story that everyone is overacting about. If you don't want to watch it, or read the srtory then just don't go to watch it period. I think Christianty is getting too protective these days, and they're overeating alot. I would think because a lot of things are going "against" that bilbe. I notice it alot in our church, that not a lot of people go these days. I assume there will be less and less ^^; The people who are critizing this movie are too narrowminded. Now the Catholic religion is getting all mad at Dan Brown just for writing it! Geez, if you don't like hearing about then just block it out.

If they truely believe in Jesus and the bible, you shouldn't need to listien to anything else. Just keep going about your regular life.  My opinion of course, but that's just the way I think. It's the way I'm going right now because I am Catholic. In fact I'm planning to go see it =P

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #7 on: May 20 2006, 08:56 am »
The truth:

i want watch the movie ..actually i want to read the book first
and i do think that people have freedom on what kind of movie they want to watch
the only reason why  i can't watch it is because of my family....
 :sad5:
try to reason with them, It seems unfair for you to not see something because of someone else's constricting views. Explain to them it's not "blasphemy" and watching it doesn't make you a "heathen".
I mean how do ALL the christians know it's bad when most have not even seen it, They are merely jumping to conclusions because of what someone else said and are not making thier minds up for themselves. Go on, Try it.

Vex is right, basically, this is story that everyone is overacting about. If you don't want to watch it, or read the srtory then just don't go to watch it period. I think Christianty is getting too protective these days, and they're overeating alot. I would think because a lot of things are going "against" that bilbe. I notice it alot in our church, that not a lot of people go these days. I assume there will be less and less ^^; The people who are critizing this movie are too narrowminded. Now the Catholic religion is getting all mad at Dan Brown just for writing it! Geez, if you don't like hearing about then just block it out.

If they truely believe in Jesus and the bible, you shouldn't need to listien to anything else. Just keep going about your regular life. My opinion of course, but that's just the way I think. It's the way I'm going right now because I am Catholic. In fact I'm planning to go see it =P
I agree, I also like the fact one christian actually got an entire radio station taken off the air in america because they played "hateful" music. That man has obviously never seen those two dials on his radio.. One changes the station and the other Turns It OFF!! LOL.

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #8 on: May 20 2006, 09:02 am »
My mom said she would let me watch it as long as it doesn't alter my faith. It wouldn't because I know it's a movie and it's not real. Dan Brown wrote it in such a way though, that some people have doubts. I suppose that is why the Catholic church is having such a huge argument with the rest of the world about this movie and book.

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 20 2006, 09:04 am »
eh, but i don' t think i could because I too busy right now :sweatdrop:
My mom said she would let me watch it as long as it doesn't alter my faith. It wouldn't because I know it's a movie and it's not real. Dan Brown wrote it in such a way though, that some people have doubts. I suppose that is why the Catholic church is having such a huge argument with the rest of the world about this movie and book.

^huh, i like the explanation
by me.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #10 on: May 20 2006, 09:15 am »
eh, but i don' t think i could because I too busy right now :sweatdrop:
So I guess it was a void question, since your not allowed to watch it and even if you wanted to see it and were allowed to you still wouldn't see it.

Offline faolan

• cookieless
« Reply #11 on: May 20 2006, 09:27 am »
Thats ones of the reasons the Catholic church is arguing against it but i think another reasons is they see the book as attacking there  faith...

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #12 on: May 20 2006, 09:39 am »
Thats ones of the reasons the Catholic church is arguing against it but i think another reasons is they see the book as attacking there faith...
nowadays they see everything as attacking thier faith, that's the point we we're trying to make :sweatdrop:

Offline faolan

• cookieless
« Reply #13 on: May 20 2006, 09:48 am »
nowadays they see everything as attacking thier faith, that's the point we we're trying to make :sweatdrop:
o haha sorry i like to point out the obvious  :tongue3:
they just take there faith to seriously...i guess...cause like the author himself even said it was fiction. but like if they dont like it why don't they just not watch it or read it.>.<

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #14 on: May 20 2006, 04:13 pm »
It's all up to the watcher's faith.

I'm going to apologize if I might offend people here, so please, sorry in advance.

Some people don't want to watch the movie because they feel that their faith will be shaken. READ: If you really have faith in God, no matter what everyone says, your faith will not change.

That's what I sincerely believe on.

And watching it does not make you a heathen. Believing in it is another different matter.

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline ~Emethyst~

• Freedom to express
  • "A True Fan"
  • Be heard!
« Reply #15 on: May 20 2006, 04:43 pm »

I'm going to apologize if I might offend people here, so please, sorry in advance.

Some people don't want to watch the movie because they feel that their faith will be shaken. READ: If you really have faith in God, no matter what everyone says, your faith will not change.

And watching it does not make you a heathen. Believing in it is another different matter.

I sincerely agree to this statement. The Da Vinci Code wasn't intentionally created to destroy the Christians' faith towards their religion. Take note that it is only fictional; meaning its purpose is for entertainment.

Other than that, I don't think the movie will cause harm to the Chirstians' faith.

It's the people's choice if they want to believe it or not. Period.
v--- Still the tags won't budge... Yaarrr.. T_T

Testing a new set...
Forum Family (o-'.'-o)
[Older Sis] : Ashlee , littlekitty
[Beloved Shobe] : kudan
[Lil Sis] : wishingstarx
[Cousin] : Ying Hua
[Siberian Husky] : Sapphire-Amethyst
[Partner-in-Crime] : -Yurima- :D
[tr/][/table]

Offline Big Kitty

« Reply #16 on: May 20 2006, 04:44 pm »

You're right. Here in the Philippines, the Da Vinci Code is shown only for adults maybe because younger audience may take it more seriously and they may question their faith. But really, like what Ralea said, if your faith is strong and you deeply believe in God and the Bible, this movie should not really affect you.

Thanks to Lonely Werewolf for this set! ^_^

Offline Konata Izumi

• Loves Kagami
  • cRAzY fan
  • Loves Kagami
« Reply #17 on: May 20 2006, 05:59 pm »
Yawn... I was in the middle of reading chapter 16 of teh book.... 0.o

But anyway... I don't think DVC(Da Vinci Code) will or can affect a person directly... Mainly because it's FICTIONAL, as in the only thing true about this book are the places and the organizations as well as the paintings, but most of the stuff in the book and in the movie are just plain fiction.

I think only those who think that the movie/book can be harmful to everyone can be quite affected by this... Although they might be blinded by the fact that this is pure fiction made by a author who is good at making thrillers...

But as some of you guys stated, it's up to the viewer to decide if the movie/book is good or bad... I doubt that many people will be affected by what the movie has to offer... ^_^

Forum pet - kudan(platypus) :lol: Little sister - xOLight_AngelOx

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #18 on: May 20 2006, 08:38 pm »
I agree in the Philippines standpoint.

In Manila the movie is banned there!

Though, I like Angels and Demons and Gabriel Knight series more than Da Vinci Code.

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Fye-chan

• I respect your opinion. Just don't want to hear it!!!
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Open your eyes: see the things which are invisible
« Reply #19 on: May 20 2006, 09:14 pm »
I just saw it yesterday (here in Germany) and I don't think, that it shows the religion and the bible in a bad way.
Dan Brown had only some theories which he wrote down. Some are quite possible, and some not! That's all!
I'm not that close to religion and I don't even know if I believe in Jesus Christus as the son of God but I believe that there were a joung guy who did good things and gave people something to believe! The question if he had a wife and a child shouldn't  change the facts he did or the faith in him!
So this book/movie is only an interesting theory in my opinion and if you believe or not or if it's really(!) important to you and your faith that Christus was a single is up to yourself.
Please visit my:  Doujinshi ~ AMV's ~  My Shingetsutan AMV's

set made by .::ka::.

My lovely Forum Family <3 : 
older sisters - AkaiYuki, Sakaki 
brother - c3d   
little sisters - Director of Music,  rusty,  Zeldi
nieces - Cherry-chan,    sofiacardcaptors
special-german-sister: Kyo
twin sis - pretty