AuthorTopic: My anime reviews (Triangle Hearts review added) [SPOILERS!]  (Read 4910 times)

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
Hantsuki

Story

The story starts with the lead character Yuuichi trying to sneek back into the hospital after one of his nightly adventures and gets caught by nurse Akiko who as punishment forbids him to leave his room at all (and locks him up). After a while she says he can leave his room, IF he agrees to try and become friends with a girl named Rika in the eastern ward of the hospital. He agrees and the next day goes to Rika's room, and that's where it all begins.....

okay, as you might have guessed after reading the stuff above, the story scores low on originality. However......with only 6 episodes this anime has a very good pace and it manages to really draw you in, wanting to see the next episode as soon as possible. The story has quite a lot of humour in it at certain times to keep the story from getting too dramatic or boring.

Overall a great romantic story that starts out strong and stays strong.

Score: 8,5

Characters

a quick runtrough of the more important characters:

Yuuichi

The male lead character, Yuuichi is 17 years old, a friendly guy and he always manages to sneak out of the hospital and afterwards gets his butt kicked by nurse Akiko.

Rika

The female lead character, Rika is 17 as well and has been hospitalized for a long time. She has a reputation in the hospitals she's been in to be a girl that's selfish, closes herself off from others and that you don't wanna meet her when she's angry!

Akiko

Akiko works as a nurse in the hospital and has some interesting hobbies ranging from streetracing and punishing patients that cause trouble to martial arts. Some think she used to be in a motorcycle-gang. She's always keen on catching Yuuichi trying to sneak out again and hits him if she catches him in the act. She is one of the characters that takes care of the comedic (or should i say violent!) relief in the anime.

The doctor

The best way to describe him is.....JERK!!! This guy was demoted for hitting someone in his last hospital, he gets a kick out of messing with other people, beats up patients when he gets drunk and the list goes on and on......
A real jerk, altough he manages to get some sympathy when you discover his past that made him like this.

Tsukasa, also known as 'Zebra Mask'

Tsukasa is Yuuichi's best friend, always ready to help his friend out and he's a big wrestlingfan. Most of the times you see him with his wrestling mask on calling himself Zebra Mask. He can be very funny with things like going head-to-head with Akiko or engaging in to the death combat with 'the Demonic Buddha'. All the Zebra Mask scenes are accompanied by the 'Zebra Mask' song to add more humour to it.

Because of the length of the anime there isn't much room for character development but the characters are very likeable and well acted out.

Score: 8,3

Art

The characters and the environments are very nicely drawn, nothing that would make you go 'Whoa this looks great!' but it just looks nice and the drawingstyle matches the characters.

Score: 8,0

Music

The music consist almost entirely of background music but is very nicely done for each episode and always manages to set the right mood for a scene. The OP and ED songs are very nice as well.

my only complaint is that there's no song with Yuuichi and Rika singing.

Score 8,3

Conclusion

This is a great anime and very enjoyable for everyone to watch. It features a supercute couple, nice characters, good humour, drama and romance. This is an anime i strongly recommend everyone to watch.

Overal Score: 8,5

Please tell me what you guys think about my review :noteworthy:
« Last Edit: June 29 2006, 03:55 pm by Kuro-puppy »
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline ~Bloody_Rose~

• *cough* CAAAAAANNNOOOOONNN!!!!
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • *cough* CAAAANOOOOON!!!!!!
Re: My very first review, waii! please comment!
« Reply #1 on: May 11 2006, 10:05 pm »
ehehe.. uh.. good! nice review.. but.. (big bro, please don't be angry at me) i might be harsh but you said that comments are open... please don't be angry

Show content
but there's something missing... I.. I can't relate myself with the story.. like uh.. there's something missing in your review.. im sorry.. maybe it's just because i haven't watched the series yet..
but it's still good :okay:

Forum Family:

Big Sis ~ bluetopaz, aya-Chan, moezy-chan                           Forum Husband ~ Kuro-Puppy :noteworthy:
Lil Sis ~ cardcaptors_ria, babypiggy, kudan                 'Kino no Tabi Lover' sis ~ Zeldi :inlove:
Tamer~ tsukihime                 Daughter: Modo-rashi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #2 on: May 11 2006, 10:14 pm »
ehehe.. uh.. good! nice review.. but.. (big bro, please don't be angry at me) i might be harsh but you said that comments are open... please don't be angry

Show content
but there's something missing... I.. I can't relate myself with the story.. like uh.. there's something missing in your review.. im sorry.. maybe it's just because i haven't watched the series yet..
but it's still good :okay:

yeah you got a point there, i wasn't fully happy with the story bit in the review as well. It was more difficult than i thought to write the Story piece about an anime with a very simple story and without giving spoilers.

anywayz, thanks for the comment :noteworthy:

p.s

i'm not angry with you, the reason i posted it here is to find out what's good about it and what i still need to work on for in my future reviews
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

Offline ~Bloody_Rose~

• *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #3 on: May 11 2006, 10:17 pm »
you sure you're not mad, big bro? (aa.. i can feel it again.. that someone hates me...) anyway, it's kind of good already.. just.. a little improvement though *please don't bash me*

Forum Family:

Big Sis ~ bluetopaz, aya-Chan, moezy-chan                           Forum Husband ~ Kuro-Puppy :noteworthy:
Lil Sis ~ cardcaptors_ria, babypiggy, kudan                 'Kino no Tabi Lover' sis ~ Zeldi :inlove:

Offline wishingstarx

• ~//Kaze//~
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #4 on: May 11 2006, 10:30 pm »
Cool, I think it was pretty informational...  :keke:

"Maybe the wind can take us, as it blows along."

Watashi no Forum Kazoku:
imouto-chan: Okamirei, suu_no_clover, Moonflower121, Star Wings
onee-san:  bie liao, Kumiko, minty, Aya-Chan, Shiunu, Ashlee, littlekitty, ~Emethyst~

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #5 on: May 11 2006, 10:38 pm »
you sure you're not mad, big bro? (aa.. i can feel it again.. that someone hates me...) anyway, it's kind of good already.. just.. a little improvement though *please don't bash me*

for the last time, i am not mad....

and please stop thinking that people hate you

Cool, I think it was pretty informational... :keke:

thankx for the comment, i'm glad you like it :D
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 12 2006, 04:24 am »
This topic should be in the Anime and Manga Forum, since it IS a review of an anime series.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #7 on: May 12 2006, 10:28 am »
-Topic moved.
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #8 on: June 03 2006, 09:21 pm »
It's been quite some time since i last posted here (not even sure if this topic is still active since i couldn't find it in the anime&manga board :sweatdrop:)

but here's my 2nd review of the anime that's quickly taking over Zeldi's forum

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha/A's

Story

The story starts with the 10 year old Nanoha hearing someone calling for help in her dream. The next day when she and her friends take a shorter route through the forest she hears the voice again and rushes through the woods and finds a wounded ferret. They decide to bring the ferret to the vet. At night the vet gets attacked by a monster and the ferret escapes calling Nanoha for help. Nanoha arrives and gets the Raging Heart from the ferret. Not sure what's going on she decides to use it and transforms in a magical girl and defeats the monster. Afterwards the ferret introduces himself as Yuuno and asks if she can help him collect the 21 Jewel Seeds that have accidently been scattered on Earth, and so it begins.....

The story.....hey, wait a sec! Don't hit the off button just yet! It may sound as a cheap Cardcaptor Sakura clone, but it definetly isn't.

The story starts pretty basic with only collecting Jewel Seeds every episode but quickly gets more interesting as Nanoha's rival is introduced who has her own reason for collecting the Jewel Seeds. After that the story continues on a good pace and leaves the path of the standard all happy magical girl anime.

Altough the story itself is rather simple it never gets boring thanks to some big plot twists, surprises and dramatic scenes that are scattered throughout the two seasons and it even has a bit of character development and some background story for the minor characters (a rare thing in this genre). This is definetly one of the better stories among the magical girl anime's.

Score: 8,3

Characters

A quick runthrough of the important characters:

Nanoha

The main herione of the anime, Nanoha is a friendly girl that always wants to help people and become friends with them.

Yuuno

A mage and the person that found the Jewel Seeds on his homeplanet. When the Jewel Seeds were accidently scattered on Earth he felt responsible for it and decided to retrieve them on his own. He's a friendly guy with a love for history and archeology and can always be found at Nanoha's site protecting and helping her in any way he can.

Fate

The rival of Nanoha who wants the Jewel Seeds for her mother. She is a very determined and skilled warrior but beneath all that turns out to be a kind and a bit of a shy girl.

Arf

Fate's familliar, she has the ability to transform in a dog/wolf. She cares deeply for Fate and will do anything to protect her.

Chrono Hallaoun

Chrono is the Head Enforcer of the warship Asura. He's always serious and can be a bit lacking in the social department but underneath he's actually a very nice guy (altough he'll never admit it).

Lindy Hallaoun

She's the admiral of the warship Asura and is Chrono's mother. She seems to have a thing for tea with lots of sugar in it.

Precia Testarossa

Fate's mother and a mage banished for conducting illegal experiments, she wants the Jewel Seeds no matter what and uses her daughter to get them.

Hayate

She's been paralyzed in her legs since she was very young due to a strange illness, she has always lived alone but now lives together with her new family.

Signum, the Sword Knight

Signum is the leader of the Wolkenritter (Cloud Knights). An experienced warrior who rarely smiles but is very determined to help their mistress. Signum is Fate's opponent in the 2nd season.

Vita, the Iron Hammer Knight

The 2nd member of the Wolkenritter. Vita is known for her powerfull attacks and her big temper! Of all the Wolkenritter Vita has the most feelings for their mistress and can get really emotional when it comes to the mistress. Vita is Nanoha's opponent in the 2nd season.

Shamal, the Knight of the Lake

Shamal is the 3rd member of the Wolkenritter and an expert in supportive and curative spells. She is a kind woman and is not really a fighter but more of a big sis to the others.

Zafira, the Shielding Guardian Beast

The fourth and final member of the Wolkenritter, Zafira is a familliar just like Arf and is her opponent troughout the 2nd Season. He always keeps his cool when Vita is busy losing hers. As his title implies his job is to protect the others.

All the characters are well acted out and they all have their own motives for fighting and there is a bit of character development as well (mostly Fate). Not exactly the best anime when it comes to character development but the characters themself make up for that.

Score: 8,2

Art

For the 1st season there were actually two studios making the anime. Thanks to this the art/animation of the characters, monsters and magicspells is superb. All characters are beautifully drawn with much detail for their costumes, the same goes for the monsters who are also beautifully drawn with some pretty original designs amongst them. This quality remains throughout the 1st season.

But in the 2nd season there's only one studio that makes the anime, the result: the character art/animation is strangely enough just as good and sometimes even better than in the 1st season (with the exception of two episodes where the characterart can be really weird). But here's where it goes wrong.....the magicspells. The art of most of the magicspells has taken a serious downfall in the 2nd season.

This is definetly one of the best looking anime i've seen sofar only kept from a really high score by the magicspells in the 2nd season

Score: 8,7

Music

The opening songs are really nice, with the 2nd opening song being my favorite, and the ending songs are pretty good too. But the music really gets going in the anime itself and mostly during the battle scenes. A lot of the background music and songs from the anime are now in my favorite musiclist.

Score: 8,7

Conclusion

An anime that has great art, battles, music, characters and so on. This anime is fun to watch even if you're not a mahou shoujo fan and i strongly recommend anyone who reads this to watch this anime!

Overal score: 8,6

Feel free to comment/critisize this review
« Last Edit: June 29 2006, 04:11 pm by Kuro-puppy »
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Obviously it's a review but for those too dense, I added the SPOILERS! tag in the thread title :)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline ~Bloody_Rose~

• *Freak Fan?!*
Wee!! great! great! if only i could watch it.. *sulk* very informative! *bows*

Forum Family:

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
Wee!! great! great! if only i could watch it.. *sulk* very informative! *bows*

thank you for the compliment....too bad you can't watch it :(

here's a new review (i still can't believe that the great MSLN/A's anime is a spinoff of this worthless anime)

Triangle Hearts

Story

Fiasse, a famous singer, gets various threatening letters and decides to contact three of her childhood friends (Kyouya, Miyuki and Elise) and asks them to be her bodyguards while she's having a concert in Japan

That's basically the entire story. The story scores low on originality, is mostly boring throughout the 4 episodes, feels a bit stretched (the entire anime could have been done in 2 or 3 episodes, so i don't see why they had to make 4 episodes) and never gets interesting. The anime has a little bit of background story for the characters in an attempt to make the main story more interesting but failes at it.

Score: 6,0

Characters

a quick runtrough of the important characters:

Kyouya

The anime's main hero. He is a childhood friend of Fiasse and is training in the way of the sword ever since his father died.

Miyuki

Trains together with Kyouya and is also a childhood friend of Fiasse.

Elise

Also a childhood friend of Fiasse, she uses firearms since she considers swords toys. She doesn't want Kyouya and Miyuki to be bodyguards as well but accepts it after awhile.

Fiasse

The famous singer that asked Kyouya and the others to be her bodyguards.

Slicer

An expert swordfighter who lives for the thrill of combat and therefore seeks worthy opponents.

Fiasse's stalker

He has been hired to capture Fiasse's inheritance. Wants to have Fiasse for himself.

The characters are really standard characters and remain this way throughout the anime so there's no character development at all. There's some background story which makes the characters a bit more interesting but that's it.

Score: 6,0

Art

The art off this anime is pretty good. Characters are nicely drawn (except for Nanoha who looked really weird) but the animation during the frequent battle scenes can look a bit weird or just plain stupid, the bits where you get to see a finishing move and suddenly "extreme succession technique" appears in the screen were really stupid.

Score: 7,2

Music

The OP song was pretty nice but the Ending songs i never fully listened to because they were too boring. The music in the anime itself is standard stuff and i found myself not noticing that there was music in scenes on numerous occasions.

Score: 6,5

Conclusion

This is a very standard anime that is boring for almost all the time and has basically nothing in it that makes it worth watching. Stay away from this anime unless you like to be really bored.

Overall score: 6,2
« Last Edit: June 05 2006, 06:39 pm by Kuro-puppy »
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family: