AuthorTopic: The Chronicles of Narnia  (Read 25268 times)

Offline Zeldi

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Independent Love Song
Re: The Chronicles of Narnia
« Reply #20 on: January 09 2006, 03:43 am »
I really liked this moive Alot.. I alos cried
Show content
I thought maybe Aslan would fight back, but little did I know that he'd be killed.
Even i knew that was going to happend ;_;.

Offline Briar Rose

• La Vie Boheme!
« Reply #21 on: January 09 2006, 05:30 am »
I saw this movie the day after Christmas, and I really liked it. I also got the books for Christmas, but I've only read a little bit of The Magician's Nephew so far.

moezychan

« Reply #22 on: January 09 2006, 05:32 am »
I saw this movie the day after Christmas, and I really liked it. I also got the books for Christmas, but I've only read a little bit of The Magician's Nephew so far.

Show content
That's the book that reveals everything. I won't say what happens, but trust me when I say this, keep reading!

So far, what's your favorite book?!

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #23 on: January 17 2006, 11:07 am »
In truth I truly enjoyed the second book! But I've yet to finish the series of the book.. I'm reading the 5th book and I've yet to finish it... >_>

In anycase...

Show content
Not to be all religious and all, but have any of you noticed how the movie is related to the real world and what Aslan kinda represents?

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline itsafactiact

• All the World is a stage but the Play is badly cast
  • Big Fan
  • The World is a stage, and I a humble player
« Reply #24 on: January 17 2006, 11:29 am »
I liked the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, but the other books don't really do it for me...I don't know I tried reading the Silver Chair and I just stopped it got so long winded for me and I had no desire to continue. The movie I thought was very well done!!
Show content
you could barely see the religious aspect of it, i mean unless you were looking for it

All the World is a Stage, But the Play is badly Cast    ~<3~     Listen To Your Heartbeat and Dance

Offline Marina-chan

• Good Fan
  • YAY!! I'm back! Miss me?
« Reply #25 on: January 17 2006, 11:34 am »
Show content
Not to be all religious and all, but have any of you noticed how the movie is related to the real world and what Aslan kinda represents?

Yeah! I personally prefer the 3rd book!
Show content
When you read the 7th book you will see that it will be FAR way more obvious about it and you will learn to hate certain monkey,well I don't say any more so that I don't spoil the books! :tongue3:
-I do NOT tend to look distracted!Ohh,look! a butterfly!Um what did you say?Oh yeah.
I'M MONSERRAT'S IMOUTO!!_me

-Ice cream ice cream where art thou?
Compleatly blisssful and yummy too!!_me

-I'm pretty,beautiful,smart,kind,and above all humble!..Yeah right_ my dear onie-chan Monse!

Q: How do you recognize a team of Mutant Krawk that can't stand a Neo Flu?
A: When it's eating a cup of chokato on a stick !-me trying to play "the grumpy old king" in neopets

"Un internet?"-Timmy the Fairly Odd Parents

"What else could go wrong?"-Timmy the Fairly Odd Parents

Forum family=
Monse-Chan=oniechan
Tooya Mizuki=onichan

moezychan

« Reply #26 on: January 17 2006, 02:01 pm »
Yeah! I personally prefer the 3rd book!
Show content
When you read the 7th book you will see that it will be FAR way more obvious about it and you will learn to hate certain monkey,well I don't say any more so that I don't spoil the books! :tongue3:

The third book is my favorite as well! It's by far the best! I love it!

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #27 on: January 17 2006, 03:34 pm »
I am right now still reading the fifth. Whenever I read the book, I seem to read the same line over and over again....
The third book was wonderful! ^_^ I have to remind myself to start reading the book again when I'm not so busy with dance and such.

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #28 on: January 21 2006, 06:12 am »
I saw the movie a few weeks ago, and I was pleased at how much of the original book was kept in.....hardly any scenes were actually cut out, although it was never explained exactly why the grown up Pevensies were riding through the forest at the end of the movie (they were hunting a white stag).

However, I didn't like the actress playing the White Witch, and I kind of preferred the BBC production from years ago.

I loved the books when I was a kid...I think I read them when after my teacher read Voyage Of The Dawn Treader to us when I was 8....my favourite has to be books 4 (Prince Caspian) and 5 (Voyage Of The Dawn Treader) just because of Caspian and (in book 5) Eustace.

But I didn't really like Book 3 (The Horse And His Boy) and 7 (The Last Battle).

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

moezychan

« Reply #29 on: January 21 2006, 06:16 am »
I saw the movie a few weeks ago, and I was pleased at how much of the original book was kept in.....hardly any scenes were actually cut out, although it was never explained exactly why the grown up Pevensies were riding through the forest at the end of the movie (they were hunting a white stag).

However, I didn't like the actress playing the White Witch, and I kind of preferred the BBC production from years ago.

I loved the books when I was a kid...I think I read them when after my teacher read Voyage Of The Dawn Treader to us when I was 8....my favourite has to be books 4 (Prince Caspian) and 5 (Voyage Of The Dawn Treader) just because of Caspian and (in book 5) Eustace.

But I didn't really like Book 3 (The Horse And His Boy) and 7 (The Last Battle).

Originally book 3 was The Voyage of the Dawn Thread, but it was changed around (info curtesy of VexNet,) and that by far is my favorite! It's so great
Show content
with the pirates, and the gold, and how Lucy and Edmond's cousin changes from a whiney spoiled brat to a fine young man! That was my favorite by far! It truly was a good thing that he turned into a dragon

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #30 on: January 21 2006, 06:17 am »
Because of The Magician's Nephew being placed as number one because it was the prologue?

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

moezychan

« Reply #31 on: January 21 2006, 06:23 am »
Because of The Magician's Nephew being placed as number one because it was the prologue?

Yes, exactly.
Show content
Since The Magician's Nephew told how Narnia was created, they convinced C.S. Lewis to edit and rearrange the books. It was made as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe first. That was the very first book he wrote.
I like it just how it is. Since both you and VexNet said this, I'm sure that it's common in England, but it didn't happen here in the states; at least not to my knowledge.

Offline Sohru-san

• Sakura Syaoran Li
  • Good Fan
  • "I love Syaoran! Syaoran, you're my #1!"
« Reply #32 on: January 21 2006, 01:16 pm »
I can't wait to see the movie again! I think it's still playing in theathres. I heard like a week ago that its still getting sold out or it was a week ago.

I absolutely love this movie! I'm reading the books at the moment. I can't wait until I can buy it!
Anime Dreams - An Anime Role-play site that involves CardCaptors Sakura and Tsubasa!

Precious Memories - The younger version of Syaoran and Sakura in TRC RPG, Card Captors Sakura Continues  RPG, Revelations - The pairings include MeilingxSyaoran, TomoyoxEriol, SakuraxYukito, etc. RPG

Offline Shiunu

• I've got a hole in me pocket!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #33 on: January 21 2006, 01:28 pm »
Hm.. I haven't seen it yet. I heard that it's pretty good. That's what my friend told me.

Little Sisters: bie liao, babypigggy, Fai, and Okamirei
Fellow Beatle Fangirl: hoshisenshi ^^
Cousins: Hikari_Blaze, aishiteru, Moon Li
Me and bie liao are in love! We never give up on our guys! <3

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #34 on: January 25 2006, 02:39 am »
well done moezy for spreading copies of illegal videos.
while your at it, give copies of it to everyone you know at the school.
i'm sure they would love to see it too..
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Monse-chan

• Love is like a cherry blossom...
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Love is like a cherry blossom...sweet and delicate
« Reply #35 on: February 07 2006, 08:54 am »
My mom bought the music inspired by the movie CD!! It is so wonderful!! (well, I liked it)

Have any of you listened to it yet?
  :bunny: *** My Forum Family*** :bunny:
Imouto-chans: Beautiful Maddie-chan, Zeldi-chan,and Marina-chan
Onii-san:[/b] KuroPuppy
Onee-chans: Charme-san, wise and funny Miss Endoh, and Ralea-chan
My lovely and wonderful tia: Moon Li
Lovely avatar and siggy made by my dear auntie Moon Li!!! Arigatou!!
[/i]

Cherry Blossoms dance around you.....
[/i][/b]

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #36 on: February 07 2006, 11:06 am »
Kyaa~Lucky Monse-chan!!
I want to hear it, is it that good?

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #37 on: February 07 2006, 11:40 pm »
i saw the film but did not read the book...

the movie was really great and i have a little dislike for Edmond at the beginning of the movie. perhaps i have a younger brother too and i thought Edmond in the movie behaved like a spoilt brat..

Show content
i did not expect Aslan to return alive though :tongue3:

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Monse-chan

• Love is like a cherry blossom...
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Love is like a cherry blossom...sweet and delicate
« Reply #38 on: February 08 2006, 09:58 am »
Kyaa~Lucky Monse-chan!!
I want to hear it, is it that good?

Well, I personally liked the songs a lot, because most of them talk about the characters and how they feel and act.   :)

Should I upload it?  :confused:  That way you can hear it too!! Although I don't know how to upload stuff, I am sure I can learn  :wink:
  :bunny: *** My Forum Family*** :bunny:
Imouto-chans: Beautiful Maddie-chan, Zeldi-chan,and Marina-chan
Onii-san:[/b] KuroPuppy
Onee-chans: Charme-san, wise and funny Miss Endoh, and Ralea-chan
My lovely and wonderful tia: Moon Li
Lovely avatar and siggy made by my dear auntie Moon Li!!! Arigatou!!
[/i]

Cherry Blossoms dance around you.....
[/i][/b]

Offline Sabrina

• Big Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 11 2006, 01:56 am »
In the beginning of the movie I was like:"What!!?? Is this really Narnia!? Am I in right movie theater?"
And really annoying...in last battle where Peter were fightning with white wizard. White wizard were kind of kung-fu user, it was very laughable scene...now in every movie there is lots of kung-fu-things...very annoying..
And Tumnus faun were like flirting with Lucy *laugh*
I didn't like white wizard because she wasn't so scary person like one of tv-programmed Narnia-serie. She was like fairy - an evil fairy.

I don't know..It was good and then it was not good...I like books more...
Life is out of here....