AuthorTopic: General discussions on the TRC Movie  (Read 89060 times)

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
Re: General discussions on the TRC Movie
« Reply #20 on: August 24 2005, 05:36 am »
Well, for the Howl's Moving Castle, someone videotaped it, uploaded it and fansubbers fansubbed :lol: I dont know if someone will do that though, since the Tsubasa/xxxHolic fanbase isn't that big, right? Either way, I'd rather watch it raw, with horribel quality, since its better than nothing :XD:
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

moezychan

« Reply #21 on: August 24 2005, 12:56 pm »
Well, for the Howl's Moving Castle, someone videotaped it, uploaded it and fansubbers fansubbed :lol: I dont know if someone will do that though, since the Tsubasa/xxxHolic fanbase isn't that big, right? Either way, I'd rather watch it raw, with horribel quality, since its better than nothing :XD:

Oh, I didn't know that! Maybe that will happen then! Would be great!

Offline Estefania

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
movie reviews?
« Reply #22 on: August 24 2005, 01:07 pm »
Hi all,

Have you found any reviews in English?

please post them here!!

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #23 on: August 24 2005, 01:45 pm »
Erm, I don't know if I've asked this already on another thread... *forgot*... But I heard that the Tsubasa movie is only going to be 30 minutes long.... O.o... Is that... true? .... And if so, is the xxxHolic one going to be that short also?  *prepares area around her for sepuku*
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #24 on: August 24 2005, 03:54 pm »
Tusbasa will be only 30 minutes long, since it will just be like a really special episode, with its new opening and ending. Tsubasa is already a series, so xxxHolic will obviously recieve more exposure :lol:

xxxHolic is 60 minutes long, since movies in Japan are about 90 minutes long. Though it isn't as short as Tsubasa, I still think the length is somewhat dissapointing :sad5:
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline aLie-ChAn

• New Fan
  • LiFe iZ jUzT a RolleR cOasTeR..u Juz GottA RiDe iT
« Reply #25 on: August 24 2005, 07:06 pm »
awww~  me wished it culd b longer! >.<  BOTH of da movies! >.<  anyways, can't change dat ^^;;
me hope dat both of da movies be EXTREMELY good...well, they HAFTOO be!!!!!!! ~___^   *hope dat prayer waz answered XD*
~ WhereveR U ArE , WuteveR U Do, JuZ RemembeR , I WilL Be AlwayZ ThinkinG oF U....~

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #26 on: August 25 2005, 09:35 am »
Tusbasa will be only 30 minutes long, since it will just be like a really special episode, with its new opening and ending. Tsubasa is already a series, so xxxHolic will obviously recieve more exposure :lol:

xxxHolic is 60 minutes long, since movies in Japan are about 90 minutes long. Though it isn't as short as Tsubasa, I still think the length is somewhat dissapointing :sad5:

........................ *cries* At least I love Yuuko... B-but what if the animation in the movie ruins her just as much as he was ruined in the Tsubasa anime??? I mean, I've seen the trailor but it wasn't really enough to really *see* her...

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline sofiacardcaptors

• I'm a dreamer with a hidden power
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I'm a dreamer with a hidden power...
« Reply #27 on: August 26 2005, 12:27 am »
;_; only 30 minutes.. so we have an extra epi -_-'
waa T_T *cries*

i want to see something more about the movie o-o

*||  Sakura no Hikaru ||* - Animakura  - Sofi-chan LiveJournal
Forum Family ^-^
Sister: CherryandWolfLover
Little sister: fisah
Aunt: Fye-chan
Twin-sis: Lexi
Big bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Big sis: bLuetopaz
Cousin: Ralea
Little sis: Ruby Chan
Twin sis: princess_kakurine
Sis: Cherry-chan
Sis: Goku [cardcaptors_ria]
Sis: rusty
Big bro: Kuropuppy
Big sis: Møon Li
Little sis: HaCk<3

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #28 on: August 26 2005, 01:06 am »
Here's my review from my site!  :sweatdrop:

After 2 frustrating hours of zipping all around the Yamonote, I finally found a theatre showing the Tsubasa and xxxHolic movie! I was very suprised at the apparent limited release for this movie, however there could be two reasons . The first and something I think could be the case is that the show isn't that well known here outside the Otaku circles, unlike Pokemon, Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist, all of which also have a movie in almost every major theatre in Japan right now. I went to the three major areas of Tokyo; Shibuya, Ikebukuro and finally Shinjuku and only found one theatre playing Tsubasa. My second theory is that this movie isn't considered a major motion picture as say, the Pokemon movies, but rather a complement to the tv series. The 30min Tsubasa section, despite incedible animation and a much faster pace and action scenes, plays out like an episode from the tv show and while the xxxHolic part was simply amazing and made a great movie in itself (at 60mins), it's main purpose seemed to be simply to give us a greater understanding of Yuko and the gang that we barely see in the Tsubasa anime, yet play a pivotal role.

Something to think about...

Now on with the review!!!

I LOVED the animation! The backgrounds were on par with a Ghibli film and the character's movements were... just amazing! I couldn't have been more impressed! However with the new animation came a new animation studio and with that came some continuity flaws in plot and style.

The most notable is the opening scene which is a replay of the first meeting with Yuko which has been completely reanimated and I swear to God, rewritten. The dialogue goes for twice as long and is notably different from the first and second episode of the series. The entrance of Faye and Kurogane is, while very cool, completely different. Instead of a bubble appearing out of the sky, we get two superfast tornadoes that explode to reveal the two guys that will join the team. While this was done to introduce new visitors to the complex story (a great idea too!) I'm sure using a clip from the series would have sufficed. They actually did this in the new Pokemon movie (with Rukario) with a clip from the first episode and I found it extremely emotional. I'm kind of torn between the plot holes and just how cool the animation was in that scene. Undecided.

The next plot hole that stuck out was the gang arriving in the land of the birdcage in completely different outfits! This was very strange. I guess they could have gotten them from their previous world, but still...

The only other plot hole that comes to mind is Kurogane using his sword to create a huge fire attack ala Mortal Kombat or something, but that was just so cool I'll let it slide.

Now... I don't want to spoil the story for anyone, but I will say it was leaps and bounds above the tv series and VERY rewatchable. I'll also offer some tidbits that should tide you over until the dvd release or you read another review:

Yes, there is a feather in this world, though to the director's credit, they don't show it being given to Sakura. We simply assume she got it back.

The princess is Tomoyo though more the Tomoyo from Kurogane's world than the happy one we know from CCS. i.e. No google eyes at Sakura, though they do meet and become friends.

There is a swapping of items with Yuko. This scene is of course seen from Yuko's point of view in the xxxHolic movie.

All the BGM is from the tv series, with the exception of Aerial and Amerita (hey, they both start with "A"!) Aerial only goes for 5 seconds as the title appears.

I couldn't see Miyuki. But then I forgot to look for her!

Saoran gets the main focus, not Sakura.

Sakura displays no special powers of her own.

Mokona transfers objects as seen in the manga, by swallowing them whole.

People die. (I ain't saying who!)

The ending credits are similar to the Pokemon ending credits, ala the subplots finishing up in the background, behind the credits and more shots of the world.

30 minutes was a great running time for this movie.

Overall I loved it. 5 stars. There are holes but I had honestly forgotten about them by the end. SUGOI!!!
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline aishiteru

• dedicated to animes & asian dramas
  • Dedicated Fan
  • i L0VE syaoran!
« Reply #29 on: August 26 2005, 01:14 am »
thanks for the review brad! i'm constantly at your site reading your reviews on the tsubasa episodes. this is very detailed and now i simply can't wait until the dvd release!
"Dreams can be such dangerous things: they smolder on like a fire does and sometimes consume us completely." - Memoirs of a Geisha[/center]

Offline Alexiel

• Formerly Angelic-Essence
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #30 on: August 26 2005, 01:20 am »
Nice... I'm definitely looking forward to the movie... when/if subbed. lol! if it comes out on dvd, ill get it whether or not its subbed. xD thanks for the review Brad!

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #31 on: August 26 2005, 01:36 am »
Thanks guys! Feedbacks keeps me and the site going! I guess we're kind of a feedback eating monster!!!!  :sad5: Your feedback SUSTAINS USSS!!!! Wahaha!!!  :laughing4:

I'll do one for the xxxHolic movie tomorrow. Fans of the manga won't be disapointed!  :inlove:

Offline Fye-chan

• I respect your opinion. Just don't want to hear it!!!
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Open your eyes: see the things which are invisible
« Reply #32 on: August 26 2005, 03:59 am »
Wow Arigato for this really good review!!!
Can't wait to see it!!!!!!!!
Please visit my:  Doujinshi ~ AMV's ~  My Shingetsutan AMV's

set made by .::ka::.

My lovely Forum Family <3 : 
older sisters - AkaiYuki, Sakaki 
brother - c3d   
little sisters - Director of Music,  rusty,  Zeldi
nieces - Cherry-chan,    sofiacardcaptors
special-german-sister: Kyo
twin sis - pretty

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #33 on: August 26 2005, 04:37 am »
>>Brad: People die. (I ain't saying who!)<<

AHHHH!!! OMG OMG!!! Tell us, Brad!  WHOOO?!??!  Who was it!? Don't torture us! It can't be Fai dyin' again, cuz that'd be ridiculous so I'm rulin' him out... But who..... *cries cuz she really wants to know*

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline aishiteru

• dedicated to animes & asian dramas
  • Dedicated Fan
  • i L0VE syaoran!
« Reply #34 on: August 26 2005, 04:47 am »
>>Brad: People die. (I ain't saying who!)<<

AHHHH!!! OMG OMG!!! Tell us, Brad!  WHOOO?!??!  Who was it!? Don't torture us! It can't be Fai dyin' again, cuz that'd be ridiculous so I'm rulin' him out... But who..... *cries cuz she really wants to know*

i highly doubt fai will die since he's one of the main characters and well.. there's 3 seasons of tsubasa.
"Dreams can be such dangerous things: they smolder on like a fire does and sometimes consume us completely." - Memoirs of a Geisha[/center]

Offline Fye-chan

• I respect your opinion. Just don't want to hear it!!!
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Open your eyes: see the things which are invisible
« Reply #35 on: August 26 2005, 04:56 am »
Yeah I think so too!!!
Fye cannot die...nobody of these four will die!!! I'm sure!!!^^
Please visit my:  Doujinshi ~ AMV's ~  My Shingetsutan AMV's

set made by .::ka::.

My lovely Forum Family <3 : 
older sisters - AkaiYuki, Sakaki 
brother - c3d   
little sisters - Director of Music,  rusty,  Zeldi
nieces - Cherry-chan,    sofiacardcaptors
special-german-sister: Kyo
twin sis - pretty

Offline SandSLover

• Big Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #36 on: August 26 2005, 09:06 am »
Thanks 4 da review brad- i have looked everywhere for a review for the movies for ages! and finally have it.
it seems that u went  on quite a journey to find the movie itself! i hope it was worth the travel- judging frm the 5 star credit- i say it is! I cant wait to see it now!! hopefully soon, but waitiing for the dvd release plus fansubbing it could be a while! dont mind i guess, have season 1 of TRC to rewatch till then and ur review to re-read till then.  :sweatdrop:
"There are no such things as coincedences, only inevitability"

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
« Reply #37 on: August 26 2005, 09:47 am »
omg.. THANK YOU BRAD!!!  now i can't really wait for the movie to come out in subbed.. or even dvd.. whichever one..  i wonder if there are new characters that we've seen in other series that are in this movie??

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #38 on: August 26 2005, 10:07 am »
Wonderful review Brad! WOW! Its a good insight for what to expect XD

For who dies I think it might be Princess Tomoyo, first off, it can't be Syaoran-taichi because, there Syaoran-taichi! Its like anime law for the heroines not to die, so for those who think it, don't, because that would be a major plothole, and make me go "WTF?!" so there XD

Secondly, it would seem she's the mose suffiecient, I know its highly unlikely Tomoyo would die...but I dont know if there following the manga, and also, it doens't have to be the Tomoyo of Piffle/Japan, right? I think if she dies, we get to see a angst ridden Kurogane, a pretty depressesd story as well. I dont know, but TRC never seemed like the happy/genki story, right? Though, I think the movie would be much brighter, lol Brad, you shouldn't have told us >.< Or maybe you could tell us what the mood was like! Was it happy? Depressed? *speculates*

Another person to die could be random civilians who we dont care about, nor know their names, ages, etc and so forth. I'm siding to this though, because its reoccuring in both the manga/anime, so yeah, random people dying would be the most brightest death (since we dont care :XD:) and the most realistic. I doubt a huge MEGA 'OMFG NO WAY" death would happen in a matter of 30 minutes :lol:

For the movie itself...5 seconds for Areial? Also, is there new animation for the opening and endings? Is THERE an openign and ending? I dont know, I think hearing the fact that music for the respectable outro and intro made me think about it, hehe. Anyway, thanks alot, and IM SO EXCITED TO WATCH IT!
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #39 on: August 26 2005, 11:34 am »
Cheers, everyone! The mood in the movie is VERY happy. The world is beautiful! Kind of like something from a ghibli movie, but there is a rather terrifying creation at the end animated in a style similar to Blood: The Last Vampire.

There are no new opening credits. Just the recap with Yuko and then the title screen.