AuthorTopic: [TRC] Episode 1 : The Inevitable Meeting  (Read 48379 times)

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
Re: [TRC] Episode 1 Discussions here
« Reply #80 on: April 12 2005, 05:47 am »
WOWEEE!!! * runs around in circles * thanks to Little Wolf again ^^

It was just totally amazing.. i was like.. i don't care i don't understand a word they say, apart from random words, but who cares! ^^ It's S+S! Ha ha. I look forward to ep2! He he. The music was very good, I don't normally like japanese songs by men [no offense.. but i only heard angelic layer ones and they sounded bizzare...] but I loved it! And the animation for it was wonderful. Woo. And the characters all looked like they were supposed to, except Yuuko-san... grra..... she looked wierd.. ha ha. But anyways, it was very enjoyable!
It's not supposed to feel this way,
I need you, I need you, more and more each day
It's not supposed to hurt this way
I need you I need you I need you
Tell me..
Why...

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 12 2005, 08:18 am »
i still have a question... are those guards looking for sakura? and then syaoran took her away... right?  :S...

yea i see in this anime that they don't blush...  probably not like the ones from the ccs that we know...   compared to the manga..   they blush in the manga.. but not in the anime..

Offline Hikaru

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #82 on: April 12 2005, 10:02 am »
Well, after watching the low quiality video (easy for m to download, again a BIG THANK YOU!!!!), here's my view:

I loved the opening, very good animation, it really captured my attention, and the song was great.

The drawings were very good, loved the line, a little skinny, but actually it is very close to the art in TRC.  It was an overall OK chapter, although I felt it a little bit rushed to get the trio+ sleeping!Sakura to the Time Witch.  I wished we could have seen a bit more of the other characters.  Now OTOH, I loved the way they did transitions from scenes, different from the manga, but not bad.  Actually this is typical from CLAMP, to do changes from manga to anime (same thing in MKR).  Now since I watch the unsubbed version, I definitely missed a lot of the dialogs, only getting to understand a few words here and there, so this opinion of mine my change a little once I watch a subbed version I can download.

The soundtrack I loved, and this is always a plus for me, 'cause good music will always set a great mood for the scenes.   OK that's all for now!
~Hikaru~

Offline Fai D. Flowright

• Magician of Celes
  • Good Fan
  • Just call me Fai or Umi!
« Reply #83 on: April 12 2005, 01:38 pm »
I finally was able to download a subbed episode (many thanks to DB & L-E), it's very interesting now that I understand what they're saying and all XD So all in all, I loved the episode a lot....the seiyuu, the animation, practually everything. ^_^

Offline pinklacus

• Good Fan
« Reply #84 on: April 12 2005, 04:56 pm »
The seiyuus did a good job especially fo sakura and syaoran. Touya sounded a bit old to me. Maybe i'm used to the seiyuus's voices in CCS.

I'm still warming up to the opening theme song and absolutely loves the ending theme song. The animation and sound effects look great to me. Tomoyo look a bit strange to me.

I feel that the storyline in the anime proceed quite fast compared to the one in the manga and maybe confusing to those who didn't read the manga.
There is no such thing as coincidence. All that is, is inevitability.  -- Yuuko (TRC)

Offline Sya0ran

• :: You're my Paradise ::
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #85 on: April 12 2005, 05:04 pm »
I loved everything...yes, everythinng about the anime even though in some ways it irked me so.  Well, for example; like Syaoran's voice...it doesn't sound like Syaoran to me.  I thought his voice would be more gruff and deeper but its not.  I guess I'lll gete used to it sooner or later.  >>;

I love the opening and endings songs, simply and wonderfully made.  And everytime a background music would come on, I'd immediately go, "That is so .hack//sign."  lol

The animation and coloring of the characters seemed weird to me and too...pastel-like.  But its still pretty cool.  ^^  Oh, and the fact that they didn't blush or have any humor moments in the first episode like I expected I kinda got pissed off.  Its alright with that though, they at least better add it later on because the characters seem too serious for my liking.  xD

I also actually understood what they were saying because I can speak some japanese and its also the fact that I watched the actual subbed episode of it by Dattebayo.  Yes, with actual english subtitles.  lol  =]
"I am totally happy and not dangerous mostly."

Forum Family
Little Sis:  Babypigggy <3

Zephora.Net | Amourae.Com | TRC Fansite | SasuSaku Shrine | Myspace | Fanfics

Offline ashleygurl

• Athrun Zala Fan~
  • Super Fan
  • Hiya! Nice to meet you guys~
« Reply #86 on: April 12 2005, 06:18 pm »
I loved everything...yes, everythinng about the anime even though in some ways it irked me so. Well, for example; like Syaoran's voice...it doesn't sound like Syaoran to me. I thought his voice would be more gruff and deeper but its not. I guess I'lll gete used to it sooner or later. >>;

I love the opening and endings songs, simply and wonderfully made. And everytime a background music would come on, I'd immediately go, "That is so .hack//sign." lol

The animation and coloring of the characters seemed weird to me and too...pastel-like. But its still pretty cool. ^^ Oh, and the fact that they didn't blush or have any humor moments in the first episode like I expected I kinda got pissed off. Its alright with that though, they at least better add it later on because the characters seem too serious for my liking. xD

I also actually understood what they were saying because I can speak some japanese and its also the fact that I watched the actual subbed episode of it by Dattebayo. Yes, with actual english subtitles. lol =]

Oh. I do agree on the part about the pastel colours thing. It does look kinda weird for me, since the anime gave me a very artsy view. And I'm quite okay with Syaoran's voice actually, but in some parts it just doesn't make sense to me (e.g. Sakura being lifted by Syaoran with only one hand, okay that may be some kind of humor that the anime crew want to present...but I just don't really get it). And one more thing, I totally agree with the blushing point too, I was very upset to find out that Sakura and Syaoran doesn't act like they like each other, yes they do act MORE intimate than CCS comparatively, but I just don't feel like they were in love. The chemistry cutesy feeling has gone completely. >< What a pity.
'Our love is like the wind,  I can't see it, but I can still feel it...' -Landon Carter (A Walk To Remember)

'Everything's going to be all right' -Sakura Kinomoto (CCS)

'Believe in True Love...the one you're meant to be with.'-Ashleygurl <3

I <3 Syaoran(CCS), Syaoran (TRC)~

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 13 2005, 02:40 am »
about the blushing... from the fanfics i read about ccs S&S... i was actually expecting to see them blush! ;_;...but then i guess it's alright if they have their reason for doing that... yay! i got the subbed version! ^_^

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #88 on: April 13 2005, 09:44 am »
Yeah, I noticed that too, I mean, she literally tackled him, the glompage was there and all we saw was a little uncomforable feelings and then they end up talking about formalities. I was like: "WTF?!!?" When I saw it because CCS!Syaoran blushed at a smile, indirectly even!

*breath*

Anyway, i was a bit taken aback on that, but I hope some other scenes that contain blushes wont be some tacky thing >_>
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #89 on: April 13 2005, 01:40 pm »
I WATCHED THE SUBBED!! lmao.. explained so much more.. haha

god.. i like the manga SO MUCH MORE!! haha.. they took out so many things leaving me thinking WTF?? HAHA!! lmao.. anyways.. who's that dude in the tank.. all i know is that he's syaoran's look-a-like.. o.O oooo.. haha also i found something really funny..

u know how syaoran just pulls sakura out of the crowd.. and she starts flying.. lmao.. after that when they stop sakura's like i haven't ran that much or fast in so long.. and i'm thinking WAT?? she ran.. haha i thought she was being pulled all the way there.. LMAO!! so funny..

touya's cool.. haha i like him.. as much as i like him from CCS.. haha.. XD my new fave male character.. HAHA!! that's all i can think for right now.. i will be back tomorrow adding more things.. haha i'm downloading all the subs.. to compare.. XD.. haha
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #90 on: April 13 2005, 07:44 pm »
u know how syaoran just pulls sakura out of the crowd.. and she starts flying.. lmao.. after that when they stop sakura's like i haven't ran that much or fast in so long.. and i'm thinking WAT?? she ran.. haha i thought she was being pulled all the way there.. LMAO!! so funny..

Syaoran probably put her down after a while! XD Or Sakura would've complained she was too heavy to carry!

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline Tune

• i want a simple and easygoing life~
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #91 on: April 13 2005, 08:53 pm »
i guess newton's law of gravity doesnt stand~ :P how'd she get lifted off the ground horizontally at that hight when syaoran was not running at mach2~~

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
« Reply #92 on: April 14 2005, 02:51 am »
hahahha.. it was funny too, because when they stopped running.. sakura said something like she was exhausted from running that much.. but from what we saw.. it was only syaoran who was running.. so at some point, he had to let her down and run too...

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #93 on: April 14 2005, 06:16 am »
yea yea.. haha i see now.. lolz

i have another point.. i now see that the annoucer for the next epi isn't meiling's voice.. it sounded like it before but i know that it's MOKONA'S VOICE!! haha for those who didn't figure it out.. haha.. yea there you know now.
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

Offline gilly

• . :T.R.C addicted: .
  • Good Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 14 2005, 03:49 pm »
the 1st ep was realli good =D tho i think there should be a bit more [romance] comedy..i think the manga did better in showing the characters' variety of expressions..and of course! they totally threw out the blushing!! XD but overall, it's very good in my opinion.
"I have not failed, I've found 10000 ways that won't work" (Thomas Edison)

Offline SandSLover

• Big Fan
« Reply #95 on: April 14 2005, 10:40 pm »
hey, i have watched ep.1 for like a million times already- and i love it- there are a lil points to critisize on- but generally- it lived up to my expectations- and i love it!! its S and S- whats not to love? ^_^ 
of course, i dont understand a word of japanese- so i can only what they are talking abt!  but the images (and ofcourse, having read the anime- and only understanding the words- sakura and xiao long!!) gave me some clue what the scenes were talking abt! can i ask where some ppl downloaded the sub version? cos, i'll like to know what they reallli said!!
many thanks!!
- im new on the boards too!!! ^_^
"There are no such things as coincedences, only inevitability"

Offline sainfate

« Reply #96 on: April 15 2005, 02:36 am »
First of all, I want to make my preview too...watch it last night... :)

Ending- ARRRGGGHHH...i was tooo angry at the ending part!!! Well, the song is good, normal. But was does it have to do with all the LITTLE and BIG syaoran/ sakura flying/floating around...okay i dun mind them floating, but the pairings were weird, like a Big Syaoran with a SMALL sakura, okay what are they doing? Floating. To me, it looks like some GSD ending, but i would rather a BIG sakura and syaoran floating....*sigh* I thought of Terenda and Rika-san immediately when I saw that scene..and then here comes the scene that TOTALLY bummed me out. Sakura's wings brought her and Syaoran in the AIR!? And i dun mind that, if they have drawn the wings precisely, it looked like pieces of paper seriously and Sakura looks weird. Yea she does. And suddenly all the Little Syaoran/Sakura were all GONE!? And then the BIg ones hug each other. Weird....(5.5/10)

Okay so what do you guys think? Feel free to comment on my long post.

I think the small/big syaoran/sakura is some kind of 'spoiler' for the series. I could be totally wrong, and I've only read the manga up to the 4th book (waiting patiently for the 5th to be realised soon). Also the broken hourglass is a clue of some sort... I think. It's all about 'TIME'

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #97 on: April 15 2005, 06:37 am »
haha.. i found that ending part to be weird too.. lolz.. must mean happy ending later.. that totally spoiled it if it's true.. LMAO!!

also person who asked for subbed.. go to the link topic under the anime section of TRC which is the same as this

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #98 on: April 15 2005, 09:53 am »
I think the small/big syaoran/sakura is some kind of 'spoiler' for the series. I could be totally wrong, and I've only read the manga up to the 4th book (waiting patiently for the 5th to be realised soon). Also the broken hourglass is a clue of some sort... I think. It's all about 'TIME'

Actually, for me, I think the significance of the small/big S + S was a reminder about Sakura's childhood memories. When she and Syaoran were just children. Another message I think is that, yes, even if they are periods away, they'll never be apart. I think that's what the vid is trying to say.

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #99 on: April 15 2005, 12:52 pm »
Actually, for me, I think the significance of the small/big S + S was a reminder about Sakura's childhood memories. When she and Syaoran were just children. Another message I think is that, yes, even if they are periods away, they'll never be apart. I think that's what the vid is trying to say.

My thoughts exactly... It means that even time cannot affect their love for each other. The broken hourglass could mean that they have broken all barriers of time (with their love). :keke: