AuthorTopic: Dreams  (Read 72581 times)

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
Re: Dreams
« Reply #160 on: March 22 2007, 01:44 pm »
My latest dream was about a ref filled with wine, and a cocktail that was as thick as orange juice concentrate. Wait a minute, wine isn't supposed to be in the ref... :XD:

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #161 on: April 07 2007, 09:45 pm »
I had an... interesting dream some days ago. Kurogane was trying to convince Fai to choose a sensible way of doing something (I forget what exactly) instead of one of those crazy schemes the mage seems to be so fond of. Fai, being Fai, naturally wouldn't back down on his plan, BUT! Kurogane had found a foolproof way of wrapping the magician around his finger - by doing a magical girl!transformation - complete with the sparkly background and bouncy music - into a sexy drag queen. The pink eyeshadow, mini skirt and long, shiny shampoo commercial!hair reduced Fai to a stuttering, blushing mess who did some very funny facial expressions in trying to resist the hotness that was Kurogane (he did look surprisingly good).

Tonight I dreamt about the xxxHolic characters performing a musical about domestic workers while, shall we say, being a little 'out there'. My imagination never fails to surprise me.
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Tenkuuken

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #162 on: April 08 2007, 09:36 pm »
I dreamt of angels last night. Kinda nice to the feeling. but strange...

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #163 on: April 09 2007, 09:27 am »
I had another dream in which I was knifed by fictional characters. D: I had one last week... so this would be the second dream of the sort. Only this time I woke myself up before more than one made it close.

Really creepy. =/
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline Tenkuuken

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #164 on: April 10 2007, 07:34 am »
Being knifed... It sounds bad, depending on the mood of the dream... :XD:

Offline sam mogford

• New Fan
  • TRC fan 4 life
« Reply #165 on: April 10 2007, 10:26 am »
well... i dreamt i could fly once. but then again who hasn't had that dream before?
true strength comes from the heart. one day i will be strong, like syaoran.

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• Dean Winchester is tied up in my closet!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • 100% Dean Winchester Obsessed!
« Reply #166 on: April 11 2007, 07:17 am »
Random dream:
I was in my English class, and we were watching some movie (can't remember what it was) and for some weird reason, my teacher is floating, AND NO ONE NOTICES BUT ME!!!
So I walk out, because everyone is crazy and doesn't believe that the teacher is floating, and the 'patroling officer' of the school stops me and asks me where I'm going. I try explaining about the floating teacher incident when all of a sudden Tal Bachman's "You're my Everything" starts playing over the PA system.
Mmkay? The foyer doors open and Jensen Ackles, as Dean Winchester, comes through! YAY! He says something about my teacher being a demon and runs off to "take care of it".

Weird, I keep having Jensen Ackle dreams, haha. It makes sleeping worth the waste of a few hours! :P
~--------~~--------~
Rest in peace my furry friend.
Cinnamon - November 15th, 1990 - January 21st, 2006
~--------------------~
-AV NOT made by me. Creater unknown.-

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #167 on: April 16 2007, 10:15 am »
This isn't a dream specifically but I've discovered something with my bed.

Normally, lets say I sleep like this |--o| with the circle being my head. This is how I slept most of my life in my bedroom, with my head closer to the door and in perfect view of the PC and TV Screen. Last year however I decided, for a change, I'll swap the side I sleep on, so I began to sleep the other way around on my bed, like |o--| and that night I had the most intense dream I've had in a long time. I shrugged it off as just a dream and it was cool to have one again finally, but the next night I had another dream, and the night after, and the night after. Thinking this was a bit odd now I suspected that it had to do with my swapping sides of my bed I slept on so I decided to switch again to see if I was right so I was now |--o| again and that night.. I had no dream but the following night when I slept |o--| I had a dream. So since then I've always slept |o--| and I've had a dream virtually every night and those times where I didn't think I had a dream I remember halfway through the day that I did and then I would forget it again later on in the day. It's the weirdest thing.. Even to this day I still get dreams sleeping that side of the bed but now because I'm so accustomed to it, I forget the dream like 5 to 10 minutes after I think about it, for example, This morning I woke up from a great dream and just lay in bed thinking about it and then by the time I finished getting dressed I had forgotten it. Originally I thought it was because the other way around has my body tilted so my head is lower than the rest of my body due to an old bed but now it's evened out I can't say it's that. It's just.. weird.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Tenkuuken

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #168 on: April 25 2007, 04:20 am »
Try putting a notepad or a recorder near you. Sometimes your dream is the first thing that enters your mind when you wake up, and quickly forget.

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #169 on: April 28 2007, 04:53 pm »
Hmmm..... dreams?  always have creepy dreams... Where i was mutilated, or being chased by a freaky ghost, or something like that...

but i had a dream.. It was really nice.. I was watching gundam Seed back then...

I was in the archangel... and i had my own gundam.. athrun was there too but kira was no where to be found.. There were lots and lots of enemies and i turned to seed mode and killed them all in an instant.. We were looking for kira who was "kidnapped"? and a bunch of gudams appeared and it was duo maxwell and Heero yuy... In the end, we weren't able to find kira and i woke up...

Wow, i'm watching way too much anime... but i really like having dreams like this..  :D

Offline Tenkuuken

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #170 on: May 03 2007, 01:10 pm »
Maybe you're starting to get frustrated with the series so your mind's shifting to the other Gundams. :XD:

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 12 2007, 09:24 pm »
More weird dreams from me...

I dreamt that Spider-man and the Green Goblin were trapped in a water tube by a common enemy who looked a whole lot like Zagato from Magic Knight Rayearth. While trying to pass the time, the two prisoners made small talk whereupon Spider-man for some odd reason decided to reveal his secret identity - which proved to be Yukito(!). The Goblin was all "no way you can be Spider-man! Your voice is nowhere near deep enough!"

Green Goblin and Yukito were not the only ones who had been caught by the Zagato look-alike, though. Sakura and all her female classmates had, too, and they were kept in the villian's house, but since the evil mastermind was busy with his two other prisoners, it was his mother who had to deal with the girls. She served them ice-cream before their parents came to pick them up at nightfall. ^^

I'm not sure what happened to Yukito and the Goblin, though. I think they were saved by Tomoyo.
Signifying nothing.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #172 on: May 13 2007, 12:09 am »
More weird dreams from me...

I dreamt that Spider-man and the Green Goblin were trapped in a water tube by a common enemy who looked a whole lot like Zagato from Magic Knight Rayearth. While trying to pass the time, the two prisoners made small talk whereupon Spider-man for some odd reason decided to reveal his secret identity - which proved to be Yukito(!). The Goblin was all "no way you can be Spider-man! Your voice is nowhere near deep enough!"

Green Goblin and Yukito were not the only ones who had been caught by the Zagato look-alike, though. Sakura and all her female classmates had, too, and they were kept in the villian's house, but since the evil mastermind was busy with his two other prisoners, it was his mother who had to deal with the girls. She served them ice-cream before their parents came to pick them up at nightfall. ^^

I'm not sure what happened to Yukito and the Goblin, though. I think they were saved by Tomoyo.
That's the most awesome dream I've heard in ages.

Offline Tenkuuken

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #173 on: May 13 2007, 07:27 pm »
Here are a few dreams that I had lately...

I was on my way home when I saw my mom and my grandmother arguing. I noticed that my grandmother was badmouthing my mom, and that my mom was crying. I immediately ran up to my grandmother and punched her square on the face, and then proceeded to the kitchen to wash some dirty glasses.

Another dream went like this: I was sleeping in my bed when I noticed a pretty girl enter my room, wearing an orange bikini. She closed the door and then reclined on a bed across me. In response, I stood up and walked out of the room, and then joined my dad who was watching "Popeye" on TV. (The one thing I remember vividly about ths dream is that the girl was a classmate whom I really liked.)

And then I also dreamt that I was doing double-jumps across the street a la Dante, and when I landed on the other side police were waiting to arrest me for jaywalking.

Offline sam mogford

• New Fan
  • TRC fan 4 life
« Reply #174 on: May 14 2007, 09:41 am »
i dreamt i kept poking my cat till it bit me

Offline Tenkuuken

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #175 on: May 15 2007, 02:18 pm »
I've had cat dreams too... Somebody know what cats could mean in dreams? (tries to google)

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #176 on: May 15 2007, 08:11 pm »
I've had cat dreams too... Somebody know what cats could mean in dreams? (tries to google)

I think that would depend on how you personally view cats. There's kind of a difference if they're your favourite animals to if you're afraid of them, don't you think? But if you really want to know, most of those dream books list cats as symbolising deceit, sneakiness and other nasty things (I myself dislike such generalizing).
Signifying nothing.

Offline Sokasato

• Good Fan
  • Dressed as one a wolf will betray a lamb....
« Reply #177 on: May 16 2007, 08:06 am »
This isn't a dream specifically but I've discovered something with my bed.

Normally, lets say I sleep like this |--o| with the circle being my head. This is how I slept most of my life in my bedroom, with my head closer to the door and in perfect view of the PC and TV Screen. Last year however I decided, for a change, I'll swap the side I sleep on, so I began to sleep the other way around on my bed, like |o--| and that night I had the most intense dream I've had in a long time. I shrugged it off as just a dream and it was cool to have one again finally, but the next night I had another dream, and the night after, and the night after. Thinking this was a bit odd now I suspected that it had to do with my swapping sides of my bed I slept on so I decided to switch again to see if I was right so I was now |--o| again and that night.. I had no dream but the following night when I slept |o--| I had a dream. So since then I've always slept |o--| and I've had a dream virtually every night and those times where I didn't think I had a dream I remember halfway through the day that I did and then I would forget it again later on in the day. It's the weirdest thing.. Even to this day I still get dreams sleeping that side of the bed but now because I'm so accustomed to it, I forget the dream like 5 to 10 minutes after I think about it, for example, This morning I woke up from a great dream and just lay in bed thinking about it and then by the time I finished getting dressed I had forgotten it. Originally I thought it was because the other way around has my body tilted so my head is lower than the rest of my body due to an old bed but now it's evened out I can't say it's that. It's just.. weird.

Something like that happens to me. I usually slept on my stomach and one night i decided to sleep facing the wall (my bed is against the left side of my room). So I went to sleep and had the most horrible nightmare. It was filled with evil demons and all around me I could hear many people screaming from fear, pain, or for help.
The next night I slept in the same position since I thought it was a one time thing and I hardly ever get nightmares. But I got another one, this time it felt as if I was still awake and I felt something heavy on my chest pushing it down. I tried to call my sister for help since she and I share a room. I could see her sleeping peacefully and I tried to move my body but I realized I couldn't move an inch. It was as if I was paralized and could only move my head. No sound came out as i tried to call to her, no matter how much I tried. Suddenly I could here voices all around me whispering and some were screaming. But above them all I could hear cold horrible laughter and I knew it was that laughing voice that was holding me down. The only thing i could do was pray furiously in me head. The next thing I know the voices stop and I have gained controll of my body and I am awake. I can't remember even waking up.
This-or something like it-happens every time I sleep in that one position. I don't know why. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the spirits in the house.
My fall will be for you
My love will be in you
You were the one to cut me
So I`ll bleed forever
--Nightwish

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #178 on: May 17 2007, 08:49 pm »
Something like that happens to me. I usually slept on my stomach and one night i decided to sleep facing the wall (my bed is against the left side of my room). So I went to sleep and had the most horrible nightmare. It was filled with evil demons and all around me I could hear many people screaming from fear, pain, or for help.
The next night I slept in the same position since I thought it was a one time thing and I hardly ever get nightmares. But I got another one, this time it felt as if I was still awake and I felt something heavy on my chest pushing it down. I tried to call my sister for help since she and I share a room. I could see her sleeping peacefully and I tried to move my body but I realized I couldn't move an inch. It was as if I was paralized and could only move my head. No sound came out as i tried to call to her, no matter how much I tried. Suddenly I could here voices all around me whispering and some were screaming. But above them all I could hear cold horrible laughter and I knew it was that laughing voice that was holding me down. The only thing i could do was pray furiously in me head. The next thing I know the voices stop and I have gained controll of my body and I am awake. I can't remember even waking up.
This-or something like it-happens every time I sleep in that one position. I don't know why. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the spirits in the house.
What you experianced there was a Night Terror, Actually last year when I was regular poster here there was a similiar discussion of it in this forum which is where I first learned of it myself.

I've never had one but I feel like I would both love to have one yet hate to have one at the same time. I've also found two people who seem to have had a lot of Night Terrors and they both seem obsessed with horror; H. R. Giger and H. P. Lovecraft. Both of thier works have always kinda of freaked me out in an alluring way that I just kept coming back for more.

I have also had a few bouts of Lucid Dreaming, now that's more just really interesting experiance than anything else.

I did a bit of snooping around on wiki and I found these explanations I quite like of Dreams:

"Dreaming involves an involuntary conjuring up of images in a sequence in which the sleeper/dreamer is usually more a participant than an observer. Dreaming is stimulated by the pons and mostly occurs during the REM phase of sleep.

People have proposed many hypotheses about functions of dreaming. Sigmund Freud postulated that dreams are the symbolic expression of frustrated desires that had been relegated to the subconscious, and he used dream interpretation in the form of psychoanalysis to uncover these desires. Scientists have become skeptical about the Freudian interpretation, and place more emphasis on dreaming as a requirement for organization and consolidation of recent memory and experience.

Another hypothesis is that dreaming allows an animal to play out scenarios that may help the animal avoid dangers when awake. For example, a rabbit might dream about being cornered by a fox and may play out different scenarios that might increase its chances of survival should it come across a fox in reality.

James Allan Hobson and Robert McCarley's activation synthesis theory proposes that dreams are caused by random firings of neurons in the cerebral cortex during the REM period. According to the theory, the forebrain then creates a story in an attempt to reconcile and make sense of the nonsensical sensory information presented to it, hence the odd nature of many dreams.

Most recent studies of dreams functionality in University of Helsinki by professor Pekka Sutola suggest that non-REM sleep is rapid processing of experiences gathered by mammals during the day which are then applied to deep-sleep phase for postprocessing. This is also an explanation as to why epileptics entering REM-like stage during serious relapses can't remember much from the few hours preceeding the relapse. Complete function is still unknown.

Wet dreams are ejaculations of semen experienced most often by pubescent boys in REM sleep, but they may occur any time after puberty.
"

Offline sam mogford

• New Fan
  • TRC fan 4 life
« Reply #179 on: May 19 2007, 09:49 am »
woa! compilicated stuff vexnet.my mum teaches psycology and she knows more than me about these things.
also i cant normaly remember my dreams. My cat is always in the dreams i do remember though... wierd huh?