AuthorTopic: How did manga/anime come into your life?  (Read 13313 times)

Offline Moon

• Ninja!Princess
  • "Exceptional Fan"
Re: How did manga/anime come into your life?
« Reply #20 on: October 16 2005, 06:47 am »
It came into my life from watching Pokemon with my brother. ^-^ That's what got me interested in anime at all. But I didn't know it was anime until my brother said it was. I looked up anime on the internet and.. then my interest of various others came along soon after. Like watching Cardcaptors, Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing on Cartoon Network.  :keke:
Icon made by animeneko_chan @ lj.com

Forum Family

Fai and Zeldi are my cousins.
Sayora Chan is my onee-chan.
KuroPuppy and Tooya_Mizuki are my Onii-chans.
aishiteru is my Imoto-chan
suu_no_clover is my  Imoto-chan/Yin.
Lexi is my cat.

Offline Strawberry

• cRAzY fan
  • Strawberries Are Sweet
« Reply #21 on: October 16 2005, 08:08 am »
I remeber looking through some Dragon ball z comics when I was very young, then when I went to France my cousins were mad Sailor Moon fans and they had a huge Sailor Moon poster up on their bedroom wall. However the amin thing which got me into Anime was when Pokemon and Digimon came onto TV.
Do NOT under estimate the powers of strawberries

Saikou Ni Happy! Forum / NERV Forum

Offline cute_me

• cRAzY fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #22 on: October 16 2005, 02:06 pm »
i think that my first anime serie was candy candy then my Obsession with the anime started to grow :)

becuase if u are alone
u can't hurt anyone
and u don't have to get hurt

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #23 on: October 16 2005, 02:17 pm »
It all started when my sisters and I would watch Sailor Moon in the mornings. I was probably only 6 or 7. At the time, I didn't even know that it was anime. I didn't even know what anime was!

Then it came to Pokemon, of course... And after that was Cardcaptors. Eek. The dubbed version. *shudder* After going on Cardcaptors websites, I saw the light and discovered the real Cardcaptor Sakura. Then I was introduced to Clamp (one of the many important events in my life :haha:) and from there it was smooth sailing in the wonderful anime and manga world...

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #24 on: October 21 2005, 07:33 pm »
Started with Sailor Moon, and it still one of my Fav, I was 8, getting ready for school and saw my first epi of Sailor Moon on the USA Network. I was 8, omg, I've been in Anime for 10 years now.

And yes, I've gotten over 18 people hooked on anime, and they gotten other people hooked too, and you know what, Guy's realy like Sailor Moon. I have Ghost in the Shell, and they asked for Sailor Moon when they come over.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline forever_SnS

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #25 on: October 25 2005, 03:37 pm »
hahahaha interesting..... welz i got into anime/manga because i started watching sailormoon when i was very young ans loved anime/manga since then!

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #26 on: October 26 2005, 01:33 am »
Another Sailor Moon convert here. :lol:

My sister came home from a friend's house talking about this cartoon she'd watched, and asked my grandma to tape more episodes (since we didn't have cable at the time). So my grandma taped some - the first episode I watched was the one where the creepy fat cat has a crush on Luna... and I was watching it and listening to the horrible voices, thinking - "this is so STUPID." But for some reason I kept watching more, and I got hooked by (amazingly) DiC's censored oh-my-god-he-can't-be-gay "female" Zoicite. (guess I was a yaoi fan from the start, though it took me a few years to realize it. :lol: ) After that I started watching SM religiously and then started watching Tenchi as well, getting on the internet to read more about them and realizing there was a huge community of "anime fans" out there. I ordered Sailor Moon S and Stars from a fansub distrubutor and discovered the greatness of Japanese seiyuu, then little by little started buying manga as they became more popular and available, eventually discovering CLAMP with X and Wish... and it all goes downhill from there. ^^ I joined a forum where the owner got me hooked on J-music and I've been obsessed with all things Japan ever since.

Offline fananimeG

« Reply #27 on: October 27 2005, 05:37 am »
Well, the first time i see anime, was 19 years ago (3 years old :  ) )....Ulisys 31 and Capitan Rayman (that the name in spanish, i don´t  know how is in Japanesse)...after that DBZ and Neo Genesis Evangelion

Offline Tooya_Mizuki

• The Unknown Savior
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #28 on: October 27 2005, 05:42 am »
My first anime would be Voltes V, Daimos and can't remember the rest ^_^. I was maybe around 6-9 yrs old old when I first saw it.

Forum Family:
My younger brother- KuroPuppy
My younger sisters-
SayoraChan,moonprincess18/Genki
Girl, Lexi, OniiChanTouya, Angelic-Essence,
Fisah, Okamirei, Sofiacardcaptors, Princess Kakurine, Maina-Chan.
My big sisters- moezy-chan, bLuetopaz.

Offline Meza

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #29 on: December 12 2005, 01:04 am »
I did watch the Moomins and other childrens anime as baby and child, but back then there was just cartoons for me, not 'western cartoons' and 'eastern cartoons'.

Then came pokemon games (Pokemon Blue <3) and soon after that tv show started. That was when I learned what anime was and how it was different from western cartoons. That's when my anime and manga hobby really started.

It's funny, I were something like 11 years old when Pokemon started. Aww, I was so childish back then. And I'm probably still the same.

Go go pokemon, I owe you a big one.

Offline Time-Machine

• We're all worms, but I do believe I am a glowworm.
  • Donators
  • Great Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 13 2005, 02:37 am »
I got introduced to anime when I was hanging out with my friend when I was probably 8, and we were in her basement, flipping through TV channels and we flipped to this cartoon, it was towards the end of the episode, and she shouted "I LOVE THIS SHOW!" and so we watched it.

What I saw was a talking purple cat throwing a little blue pen to a girl with enormous breasts and blue hair and telling her to transform, and then she spinned around in a psychadelic nudity for a ridiculously long time, and then threw bubbles at this thing with a weird face.

When it was done I said "That is probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen."

And then my friend was like, "Well, I like it."

And so to figure out what the attraction was, whenever the show came on when I was home, I would watch it, trying to see what my friend liked about it.

And I totally fell in love with it, so I went online and learned that all of my pet peeves about this show I love were the result of something called "dubbing," and that it was in all truth one of the coolest shows ever created.

I haven't looked back since.

Special thanks to Kiramiki for the pic in my siggy and avatar!

Forum Family
little sisters: babypigggy, Quimmy
big sister: Moon Li

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #31 on: December 14 2005, 02:00 am »
I remembered that i used to watch daimos, voltes V, and candy candy during elementary.  But at that time, i was not an anime fanatic yet. But then i got hook up with sailormoon, and started reading its manga.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #32 on: December 14 2005, 02:09 am »
TimeMachine. What show is that!?
by the sounds of it you just didn't like what you saw (dubbing had nothing to do with it)
Dubbing in fact is only a partial reason some people don't like shows (Like saying they prefer the french version of the Simpsons, sometimes it doesn't matter at all)
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline babypigggy

• o1_loserkid.
  • "A True Fan"
  • miyuki,sasaki
« Reply #33 on: December 14 2005, 07:39 am »
I didn't have a concept of "subbed anime" until probably a year ago or two, i always saw the dubbed ones on tv - obviously i wouldnt know they were dubbed. til my cousin came along, she brought anime to my life.. (=

-- never too far.. no matter how far ..
theONE's[<3]:
twinKITTY;; Zeldi
bigKITTY;; pretty,Quimmy,TimeMachine,Nyoko,Møon Li,sofiacardcaptors,Moezy-chan,-=kuro_woof=-,Sya0ran,bLuetopaz,Shuinu,bie_liao,aishiteru,Ashlee
bigPUPPY;; vexnet, Kasawa Lanford
littleKITTY;;Fai, Cardcaptors_Ria, baby.piglet

Offline Møon Li

• Aishiteru SyaorAndru <3
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #34 on: December 14 2005, 07:44 am »
When I was about five years old, Candy Candy cause of my older sister :tongue3: obviously I didn't call them "animes" hehe, it was just cartoons but then I name it anime.

Manga when I was 10 years old, my first was Sandybell.

When we love, we want to be better than we already are... and love makes us better"

♥ Syaoran Loves Me ♥

~*Forum Family*~
Daughters: Okamirei, Star Wings
Little sisters:pretty.sofiacardcaptors.babypigggy.TimeMachine.bie liao.charcoalz.kudan.Aya-Chan.Kairi.SailorYue.tsubasaHime199.EuphoriaBliss.nicole_shimun
Little brothers: 89757knight.Kouichi
Nieces: Moonflower121.hikari_blaze.Monse-chan.littlekitty
Cousins: Director of Music.aishiteru.

Møon LUNiTe CHRoNiCLE

Offline Ruruku

« Reply #35 on: December 18 2005, 02:54 pm »
...i just got very  interested wen i saw it on tv, then i started searching the net!.......

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #36 on: December 18 2005, 03:58 pm »
i always watched anime (but never knew it was anime) :sweatdrop:, but wasn't really interested in it....what changed when i saw CCS for the first time four years ago and started to do some research about it ....so basically CCS brought anime in my life :noteworthy:
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Sabrina

• Big Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 21 2005, 04:19 am »
Well, my story goes just like Meza's.

My first touches in anime were when I was child and in tv there were anime-series like Moomins and we have VHS-cassettes about anime-series like Little Women, Lady Lady etc.

But when I really get interested about anime was when Pokémon tv-program started. It was so cool back ago, ofcourse :P
It was so different than like Disney's movies and I get hooked. Back then I get interested about internet and there I was looking sites about pokemon and here we are.... Huge anime & manga fan :P
Life is out of here....

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #38 on: December 23 2005, 09:28 pm »
Hmm, ever since I was young they always show those novel turned to anime in our local channels. What really hit it off was when I watched Yu Yu Hakusho. That was the craze of our generation when I was 7 or...8? Followed by Magic Knight Rayearth, the such.... Anyway, soon, another local channel showed CCS, all of my classmates liked it, I LOVED it, and the rest is history.

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline quimmy

• Everybody! Do the canon dance! <(*.*<)
  • Big Fan
  • <3
« Reply #39 on: December 28 2005, 09:58 am »
I just watched a lot of cartoons as a kid, and I didn't realise they were anime! Transformers, Moomins and Shinzo were probably my first. Then Pokemon, Digimon, Cardcaptors and YGO came along. I then realised that most of these shows not only had Cards in common, the style was the same too.
I used to draw a lot of Pokemon and Digimon fanart, so I started drawing with that style through them. Then when CC started I realised I didn't like the programme much, but I loved the costumes, so I started researching them on the net.
And here I am. ^^ That was about 6-7years ago?

Thanks babypiggy for the set!! <3

Inside an endless conflict
The man has begun to  understand
The reason he fights

Forum Family
| Big Sister - Time Machine |
| Little Sister- babypigggy |
| Twin sister - Starfire |
| Pet Kitties (nyaa!) - hoshisenshi - Jeanette |
<3<3<3<3