AuthorTopic: What are "Cookies"? [OLD Topic]  (Read 60828 times)

Offline aishiteru

• dedicated to animes & asian dramas
  • Dedicated Fan
  • i L0VE syaoran!
Re: What are "Cookies"?
« Reply #120 on: August 27 2005, 11:43 am »
but then how would the whole cookie system be fixed? it wouldn't be right to just let the administrators and mods give out cookies because it wouldn't be fair to the rest of us that think that something that someone did is worth a cookie.
"Dreams can be such dangerous things: they smolder on like a fire does and sometimes consume us completely." - Memoirs of a Geisha[/center]

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #121 on: August 27 2005, 01:18 pm »
Easy. It called 'honor'.

Most people have it...and there are those who don't.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline aishiteru

• Dedicated Fan
  • i L0VE syaoran!
« Reply #122 on: August 27 2005, 01:20 pm »
oh so you're basically saying.. give the "give a cookie" privilege to those who earn it by doing so and so things, right?

that's understandable. but how will you know who gets the honor and who doesn't?
"Dreams can be such dangerous things: they smolder on like a fire does and sometimes consume us completely." - Memoirs of a Geisha[/center]

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #123 on: August 27 2005, 01:23 pm »
Easy again. It's called 'trust'.

When you don't have honor and you don't trust anyone, then you have chaos.

I'm not a Being of Darkness for nothing :evil4:

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Offline aishiteru

• Dedicated Fan
  • i L0VE syaoran!
« Reply #124 on: August 27 2005, 01:27 pm »
ohh i understand now. that's reasonable!

now the question is.. what's gonna happen with everyone at the forums if this "idea" is taken into action? you're basically just gonna take away everyone's cookie privileges and see who deserves it, right?

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #125 on: August 27 2005, 01:28 pm »
how about this...

disable the 'give a cookie' system and in the meantime, post a sticky thread stating all the rules about giving cookie,etc.. until a certain amount of posts (say 200-300, so to ensure most of the members knew whats going on) and then resume the cookie system?

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline aishiteru

• Dedicated Fan
  • i L0VE syaoran!
« Reply #126 on: August 27 2005, 01:30 pm »
how about this...

disable the 'give a cookie' system and in the meantime, post a sticky thread stating all the rules about giving cookie,etc.. until a certain amount of posts (say 200-300, so to ensure most of the members knew whats going on) and then resume the cookie system?

but see.. the problem is, people can still abuse the cookie system once it's resumed.

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #127 on: August 27 2005, 01:31 pm »
but at least majority of the people now know the 'rules' about giving cookie.. and if someone abuses this again.. im sure, the rest will remind the offender..

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline aishiteru

• Dedicated Fan
  • i L0VE syaoran!
« Reply #128 on: August 27 2005, 01:37 pm »
but at least majority of the people now know the 'rules' about giving cookie.. and if someone abuses this again.. im sure, the rest will remind the offender..

how would you track down the offender though? it's like SLi, Little Wolf, and all the mods would have to keep tabs on who's giving cookies to who.

and if you already are keeping tabs on who gives cookies to who.. i just gave bLuetopaz a cookie for sending me a link that i really wanted. hah. that's not abusing the system, is it?

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #129 on: August 27 2005, 01:39 pm »
Looking back at these posts and the whole 'cookie' set-up, I've come to the conclusion...

They are a waste of time!

Now I know I really don't care about little rewards and stuff like that but it seems odd that people are being rewarded cookies JUST FOR JOINING THE FORUM!!!

Not that I do anything out of the ordinary. I greet n00bs, I write stories, I keep the peace and order in the General Media section. I'd like to think I get along with everyone and hopefully the feeling's mutual, however...

When someone joins the forum and has more cookies than I do, there's something wrong with the system. Now those who rightly deserve them, like the banner winners and those who are extremely helpful with information, they deserve them and the rewards that may come with them but from what I've seen IMO, the system is going on the verge of abuse.

Whether this will be addressed I don't know and truthfully, I really don't care. I pay little attention to things like cookies and post counts. I come here, offer my posts and information and try my best to be as good a member here as I possibly can.

Forgive me if this seems like a rant...but that's what it is. I apologize in advance if anyone's offended by it and I thank you for understanding my position in this situation :)

I stand by my original post but I have a possible solution to this, which I will talk to the powers-to-be about it and not the public at large.

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #130 on: August 27 2005, 01:41 pm »
Feel Free to send me a PM :D
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline aishiteru

• Dedicated Fan
  • i L0VE syaoran!
« Reply #131 on: August 27 2005, 01:42 pm »
okay arcademan! we'll see what your possible solution is once it's in action. hopefully you'll tell us what's going on after you've talked with the "powers-to-be".

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #132 on: August 27 2005, 02:42 pm »
Admins can see who gives cookies out anyway so if they wanted to they could ask the people doing it to be more careful with thier cookies.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline aishiteru

• Dedicated Fan
  • i L0VE syaoran!
« Reply #133 on: August 27 2005, 11:38 pm »
oh see. now i understand the cookie system. thanks vexnet.

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #134 on: August 28 2005, 02:45 am »
Admins can see who gives cookies out anyway so if they wanted to they could ask the people doing it to be more careful with thier cookies.

We can but it's not easy. We'd have to search for it in the forum's database which is not very easy because only member IDs are recorded there. This cookie system would have been better if there was a page where we could monitor who gives cookies but there is no page like that yet.

Anyway, I have better plans now for this forum because.. honestly. I think things are really starting to get out of hand now here.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #135 on: August 28 2005, 02:47 am »
Anyway, I have better plans now for this forum because.. honestly. I think things are really starting to get out of hand now here.

hm what kind of plans would these be?
posting options, cookies, access, topics, layout?
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline aishiteru

• Dedicated Fan
  • i L0VE syaoran!
« Reply #136 on: August 28 2005, 03:32 am »

yeah, i would really like to know what plans. it's most likely going to be with the whole cookie system, right?

Offline cute_me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #137 on: August 28 2005, 06:15 am »
does it means that the whole cookie system is gonna change? what are u planning to do?

becuase if u are alone
u can't hurt anyone
and u don't have to get hurt

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #138 on: August 28 2005, 07:52 am »
People...patience...I'm sure he has the best intentions of the forum in mind :)

Offline aishiteru

• Dedicated Fan
  • i L0VE syaoran!
« Reply #139 on: August 28 2005, 11:06 am »
*sigh* i bet he does. i just really want to know and soon!