AuthorTopic: Animedia or Newtype?  (Read 5690 times)

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
Animedia or Newtype?
« on: June 04 2005, 12:04 pm »
Subscribing to one issue...which one is better? ...or will have more Tsubasa Chronicle info?  :sweatdrop:

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
Re: Animedia or Newtype?
« Reply #1 on: June 04 2005, 12:52 pm »
i don't know animedia.. but i have newtype.. and animage.. both GREAT magazines.. and both have TRC info.. XD hehe.. getting my june issue soon.. i think.. LMAO!!!

but really expensive.. HAHA!! all my money is gone because of the magazines.. *sigh
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #2 on: June 04 2005, 01:10 pm »
animage? never heard of that one before  :sweatdrop: I want that too! XD
-sigh- too bad my dad only allows me to subscribe to one magazine  :( ...it's so hard to choose...which one, which one? x_x

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #3 on: June 04 2005, 01:34 pm »
HAHA!! my parents don't know that i subscribed to them.. haha becasue it's at a store that i buy it and they subscribed it for me.. XD hehe.. i told my mom they cost like $10 something each.. that's a total lie.. LMAO!!! it's $20 something else.. O.O

newtpe is the best i guess.. comes with stuff sometimes too..

animage is cool.. XD hehe.. if you go to my photobucket.. you can see some pictures of my animage and newtype.. http://photobucket.com/albums/y191/likachi

maybe you should get animedia.. because you can download newtype off internet with bittorrent.. LMAO!!!
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #4 on: June 04 2005, 01:39 pm »
Lucky, my bookstores don't have japanese magazines..they have Newtype USA, but it sucks  :dodge: $20?! wow. o_o

ah, it's Totoro! I love Totoro X3

hm...I dunno..lemme see if I can try and persuade my dad to get both  :greengrin:.

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #5 on: June 04 2005, 01:55 pm »
haha.. no it's not a bookstore.. it's like a asian mall and that store sells anime stuff.. XD hehe.. toronto is full of anime stores like those.. but a few sell magazines.. XD

hehe i like downloading newtype but it's better to have it.. my friend said that to me and i agree.. i mean like it feels cool having a magazine like that.. and JAP!! it's just wicked having the magazine in my point of view.. XD

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #6 on: June 04 2005, 02:06 pm »
ooh, I see. There aren't many asian malls around where I live. The only japanese market here is Daido. It has a small bookstore section, but it mostly rents japanese videos. I wish I hadn't moved!  :cry: Where I used to live in California, there was  this HUGE japanese place, and Japan town in San Francisco too...*sniffu*
I bought the magazine clippings on ebay  :sweatdrop:  I'm so obssesed, lol. Yes, it's better to have it than staring at the screen or printing it off^^. The only magazines I have are "science news","TIME for kids", and "Natural history". Otoosan says "they're good for you" XP good for my brain, not good for my soul

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #7 on: June 05 2005, 12:31 am »
LMAO!! haha.. well i use to buy those teen magazines before every month.. but i stopped a long time ago.. LMAO!! those are just a waste of money.. HAHA!! i hardly look at magazines.. hehe.. XD

the anime magazines are a waste of money if you don't know how to read what's on it.. HAHA!! like me.. but i still love it and want to get them.. besides.. i'm going to learn japanese.. uh.. soon.. i think.. O.O LMAO!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #8 on: June 05 2005, 02:03 am »
i'm particular to Newtype, it gives free dvds and posters and such, lots of cool stuff in it too
and my friend's picture appeared in the FanArt section of teh May issue :D thats pretty cool !!
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #9 on: June 05 2005, 08:12 am »
o.O that awesome.. and yea i would prefer newtype too.. but i don't really know what animedia is. newtype has a lot of nice pictures and stuff.. XD hehe.. but then sometimes the other magazines have better things than newtype.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #10 on: June 06 2005, 09:40 pm »
.. but then sometimes the other magazines have better things than newtype.

but keep in mind nothing can be perfect, so of course imperfections can arise, i mean i also got this mag called Anime Invasion and its a much smaller version, no where near as much info, but the articles were indeed awesome, i loved the polls and facts and top 100 of this or that, i found it really intresting. so it depends on what your looking for. (like types of information, snazzyness, humour etc)

also i say humour cos here in teh UK we have a Load of PS2 mags, and most are kinda flat out boring with just info, but one mag called PSW, was funny and witty and i loved getting each issue just for the jokes alone, sure teh reviews werent Amazing, but it certainly kept me entertained. and teh DVD contents on thier discs were always top notch. so naturally going for the "higher" brand isn't always teh right choice for you.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #11 on: June 07 2005, 07:56 am »
If anyone has the April issue of Animedia can you PLEASE let me know?!
There is an interview with Tomokazu Seki in it that I really want to read.
Maybe someone could scan it? Or tell me where to find it?
Onegai.

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #12 on: June 07 2005, 12:28 pm »
gomen, Sakaki-sama  :sweatdrop: ...
Newtype it is then!  :keke: thanks for the help

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #13 on: June 07 2005, 12:47 pm »
nope.. i don't have any animedia.. sorry..

o.O i see you chose newtype.. HAHA i have to go get mines.. this weekend i think.. HAHA people are rushing me but last month's newtype doesn't seem that interesting.. but get pictures of some animes.. XD

Offline Kurorin

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #14 on: June 20 2005, 08:37 am »
If anyone has the April issue of Animedia can you PLEASE let me know?!
There is an interview with Tomokazu Seki in it that I really want to read.
Maybe someone could scan it? Or tell me where to find it?

Do you know what page it's on?  I don't remember seeing an interview with Seki in that issue?
Webmaster, Wing Journey

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #15 on: June 21 2005, 12:33 pm »
***Do you know what page it's on?  I don't remember seeing an interview with Seki in that issue?***

I'm trying to find where I saw that said his interview was in it.
I thought it was the official site.
Now I'm having trouble just finding THAT!

As soon as I find it I'll give you a link.

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 22 2005, 04:09 pm »
is animedia the one that was giving out FMA pins? cos i have the mag that did that...

i get that mag and jap (and one and only) newtype - i can't read them either...but...enough to satisfy

omg u can get newtype bittorrent??? they aren't translated are they?
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #17 on: June 23 2005, 12:52 am »
yes you can get newtype on bittorrent. and haha no they'er not translated. if it was i would not buy the magazine at all. HAHA