AuthorTopic: Tales Of The Otori  (Read 10092 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Re: Tales Of The Otori
« Reply #40 on: June 15 2005, 05:10 am »
What character would he play? Plus, isn't he a chinese actor? We were trying to steer away form chinese actors in case there was trouble between the japanese actors and the chinese actors.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline satsuki-chan

• Good Fan
« Reply #41 on: June 15 2005, 03:54 pm »
well, just pay them more and maybe they wont fight. and the name seems japanese though 'takeshi'
The only person with the power to hurt you, is the person you care about most...

Offline Cardwitch

• Princess of Light
  • New Fan
  • Princess of Light
« Reply #42 on: August 03 2005, 08:19 pm »
That might be hard... seeing as the Japanese and Chinese are anything other then friends. Besides, this film would probably be in Japanese and subtitled in English. So the Chinese person wouldn't only have to not fight, but speak Japanese... Which very little of them do. Remember, they're not Syaoran Li!

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #43 on: August 04 2005, 09:01 pm »
Oh! I thought this thread had been deleted, because I couldn't find it!

I'm reading Brilliance Of The Moon at the moment......but I can't seem to get into it! It's a lot worse than the other two, I think.

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Cardwitch

• Princess of Light
  • New Fan
  • Princess of Light
« Reply #44 on: August 04 2005, 09:38 pm »
I didn't like it either. The first one was the best as if had my two favourite characters in it (Lord Otori and Lady Maruyama), after they died, the stories just seemed to get less and less interesting. I'm not a huge fan of Kanae, though I like Yuki ^_^ I heard that there are going to be more book soon... Not about Takeo, of course, but about someone else. Probably his daughter or something.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #45 on: August 04 2005, 09:46 pm »
Really? I'll have to look into that!

But yeah...the first book was the best...not just because of the characters, but because the plot was much better developed, and things moved at a good pace. The second was alright, but could have been better. The third......I'm forcing myself to finish it here.

Offline Cardwitch

• Princess of Light
  • New Fan
  • Princess of Light
« Reply #46 on: August 04 2005, 10:05 pm »
I know what you mean. I really can't wait for the new books... They sound so interesting! I think the one of the titles of the books is 'The Heron... something... something' I know one of the titles has 'Heron' in it. I can't wait!!! *sigh* I didn't like 'Grass for his Pillow' that much at all. If they ever did make a film, I'd guess that people would only come to see the first one... lol! There were some things in 'GfhP' and 'BotM' that I didn't get. I didn't really understand... nor really want to understand what was going on. lol!

But 'AtNF' was good ^_^

Offline White Puma

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #47 on: September 12 2005, 07:48 am »
why is it that my fav characters always die :( poor Shigeru he was so great. Oh I cant wait to read book3 why the hell it didnt come out in greece till now!!!!

When lonelyness comes your way and feel that no one is there for you,
I'll be here to chear you up. Never give up!!! Genki!!!