AuthorTopic: Lord Of The Rings  (Read 11546 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Lord Of The Rings
« on: June 01 2005, 03:10 pm »
Any fans out there? Is it me, or is this one of the greatest trilogies of all time?

The movies were fantastic, so I read the original books by Tolkien...and they were even better!

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline S. Espoire

• Its Sakura Espoire. Another Fai fan.
  • Obsessed Fan
Re: Lord Of The Rings
« Reply #1 on: June 01 2005, 03:23 pm »
WOW. I am a big LOTR fan but somehow didn't expected 2 find another one here. I've seen all the movies. The third one is one of my fav.s and i've read the book at least thrice.I read the books before watching the movies. I've read the part about the ending of Aragorn and Arwen numerous times and it always made me cry. Why did the have to die? why can't it just end with a happily ever after.
Well that's why its a epic.
Cousin: Ruby chan
Imoto chan: Zeldi, lika-chi
Aunt: Sakaki san

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #2 on: June 01 2005, 03:28 pm »
Aragorn has gotta be my fav character. I have a poster of him on my wardrobe door. I kinda preferred the books, althought the movies were brill. Prob because they had a lot more in them.

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline S. Espoire

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 01 2005, 03:47 pm »
Yes i love his character too but he is just too good to be true. in the movie i liked legolas more.
I don't have any poster of anything. :cry: :( :cry:
The thing with LOTR is that now all the movies are out and the books are read so there is nothing to look forward to. That's why the interest in it is slowly fading away now.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #4 on: June 01 2005, 03:49 pm »
I know what you mean....all the people were reading the books years ago, but now they've stopped....although, if the Hobbit gets released, interest may pick up again.

Offline S. Espoire

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 01 2005, 03:53 pm »
Yes i did heard that the hobbit was made into a movie but as i didn't hear much about it i wasn't sure wheather that was just a rumour or truth.
The Hobbit is written so differently as compared 2 LOTR. It has a movie already released on it. I never saw it but My Onii-chan did. Its very old.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #6 on: June 02 2005, 02:11 am »
urgh, i  thought the movies were so boring, and i can't stand the books cos i hate reading, so nope i don't like it.

but i DO like taking the mick out of it... haha...supid..one ring ....haha...
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 02 2005, 02:52 am »
my friend was just talking to me about LOTR earlier.. he was asking why i liked it.. now i'm wondering if i liked it cause of Legolas.. *dreams* lol.. he likes it cause the plot...

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #8 on: June 02 2005, 04:45 am »
urgh, i thought the movies were so boring, and i can't stand the books cos i hate reading, so nope i don't like it.

but i DO like taking the mick out of it... haha...supid..one ring ....haha...

Boring?! How could they be boring? - they had more stuff going on in the space of one hour than some whole trilogies. But I understand about the books, as anyone who isn't a big reader would find it hard to get into them.

Offline S. Espoire

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 02 2005, 04:49 am »
Yes the book are kinda slow.With all those poems ( which i never bothered 2 read except the imp. ones) and ones they enter Mordor the dry discription of everything really makes it slow so i usually only read the dialogues.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #10 on: June 02 2005, 06:14 am »
the movies are very boring to me mainly cos i'm totally not interested in anything its going on about.
its just a big waste of a budget to me, but i do like the potato song from it XD
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #11 on: June 02 2005, 09:42 am »
LOTR fan here! me and my friends are big fans of the series that during our school play, we used the movie music for the BGM of our play! My favorite character's probably Eowyn, but Legolas rocks!

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline Bluedemongirl

• Shuji + Chise 4 ever
« Reply #12 on: June 11 2005, 01:08 am »
WEEEE!!!!! LOTR rocks!!!! It is my fav movie... The Special Effects r awesome..The sound..Everything looks so real... The best movie trilogy of all times...No movie can compare to it..
if like has no purpose then you are dead already!!! -Kiba (Wolf's Rain)

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 11 2005, 08:37 pm »
movies are sooo much better than the book - the book took 10 pages to describe a cliff *rolls eyes*

it may be i don't like the book because i read it when i was twelve though...
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #14 on: June 11 2005, 08:40 pm »
That shouldn't matter....I was that age when I read them too.....I guess it all depends on personal taste. I loved how descriptive the books were...the only think I missed out on was the various poems and songs...I found them meaningless

Well, except for one or two about elven maidens. They were cute.

Offline LemonPing

• Good Fan
  • This is Kobato-chan from CLAMP's Kobato(Temporary)
« Reply #15 on: June 17 2005, 10:16 pm »
i am currently rereading the book.... book 2 now tho..... its amazing how many things werent in the movie like *spoiler* Radagast the Brown... anyone know him?

Offline Shinigami Zero

• The sword that cleaves evil
  • Mega Fan
  • The sword that cleaves evil
« Reply #16 on: June 19 2005, 01:35 am »
Indeed. And I still can't believe they never put in Tom Bombadil, even in the uber-extended version. He was really important to the early plot, yo. O_o
一刀!両断!!
"Single stroke! Bisection!"
我が斬艦刀に…断てぬものなし!
"There are none before my Zankantou... who have not been cleaved!"

Offline jovi206

• Good Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 19 2005, 04:40 am »
AHhhhhhh! i can't believe there are lotr fans in here too. I'm a huge lotr fan and so are all of my friends. The movies were awesome the best movies ever made in my opinion. The books were wonderful as well but you have to be  a reading person to actually read the thing through to the end. My favourite character is aragorn or legolas can't really decide. I loved the arwen and aragorn love story it was so nice and sad. Eowyn was another fav character -that girl has guts!!!!!
If you think about it the past becomes the present and the present the future.

I will learn to love you again...

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #18 on: June 19 2005, 09:47 pm »
Yeah, how could they leave out Tom?! And in the third movie, loads of Saruman shots were cut too.

The books will always be the best.

Arwen and Aragorn...it's so sad, because though they stayed together, they could never have been truly happy, what with the immortality thing. I bet Aragorn would always regrte Arwe's sacrifice on some level.

Offline S. Espoire

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 20 2005, 02:31 am »
Isn't there written in the book that in the very end gimli and legolus also sailed to grey heavens. So why can't arwen go with them as aragorn had already died. Yes that won't feel very fair but I just didn't want her to die.
From the movie they cut the battel in the shire. I think that would have been nice. Even butterbur isn't shown enough. (I really liked his reaction when he was told that aragorn is the king.) But then the movie was already too long.