AuthorTopic: Fai - Character Discussion  (Read 151514 times)

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
Re: Fai - Character Discussion
« Reply #540 on: August 25 2006, 08:19 pm »
Yes, he says that when he and Kurogane are fighting Debonair in Koriyo. Earlier on in the series he seemed more keen on keeping himself alive than he does now, didn't he?
indeed, but he seemed more apt to stay alive after kuro's lil speach, IE when he's fighting seishoro, he says "i thouth it would be an adventure to die, but i think now itd be an adventur to live" or something to that affect...im too tired to remember exact quotes <.<
but still up to this point in the story hed tryd to protect himself better...now its the other way around :P
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #541 on: August 25 2006, 10:50 pm »
indeed, but he seemed more apt to stay alive after kuro's lil speach, IE when he's fighting seishoro, he says "i thouth it would be an adventure to die, but i think now itd be an adventur to live" or something to that affect...im too tired to remember exact quotes <.<
but still up to this point in the story hed tryd to protect himself better...now its the other way around :P

That's one of the few scenes I love Beetrain for. He doesn't say it in the manga, but here there's that cute flashback of him and Kuro and then he says that he doesn't think being alive isn't that bad after all. It just shows so wonderfully that Kuro is the reason for a change in his heart and that makes me happy ^-^
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Tatasenko

• Fai is more than definitely French !
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #542 on: August 25 2006, 11:52 pm »
Fai needs somebody to take care of him,because his loneliness is killing him.he seems so close to everybody but yet he is so far from himself,always seeking to flee his own life  :sweatdrop:.
At least Beetrain did a good job on Fai's eye,the way that he looks at Kurogane is always full of desire and silent pleading  :okay::

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Team mate : Ishiyaki (journalist)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #543 on: August 26 2006, 12:07 am »
Fai needs somebody to take care of him,because his loneliness is killing him.he seems so close to everybody but yet he is so far from himself,always seeking to flee his own life  :sweatdrop:.
At least Beetrain did a good job on Fai's eye,the way that he looks at Kurogane is always full of desire and silent pleading  :okay::

I actually prefer Beetrain's character design more than Production IG's because I like his eyes and hair better when done by BT. (But IG's Kuro ROCKS!)
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #544 on: August 26 2006, 03:14 am »
BT's design of fai is indeed better, but that LOOK of fai's is perfect ^_^
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline falka

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #545 on: August 26 2006, 03:52 am »
slightly off topic
although sometimes BeeTrain manages to make Fay look like his gorgeous manga self you have to admit that anime!Kuro is just plain ugly...
One moment is all you can expect from perfection

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #546 on: August 26 2006, 04:08 am »
slightly off topic
although sometimes BeeTrain manages to make Fay look like his gorgeous manga self you have to admit that anime!Kuro is just plain ugly...
indeed. BT will NEVER beable to cpture kuro's sexiness in the recent manga chapters :(
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #547 on: August 26 2006, 08:48 am »
yeah,Kurogane's design compared to Fai is rather bungled,there is often a gap between their faces on the same screen,which makes me think that Beetrain only concentrate their works on Fai because they knew that he would be more appreciated by girls than Kurogane,thought  for me we can't love one without the other,due to the fact that their relationship is priceless  :keke:

but however we can't deny that they have greatly improve the quality of the animation in season two,which means that season three could be again much better  :okay:

(season one,Fai's haircut is an horror and Kurogane is lacking cruelly of details  :sweatdrop:)

(season two,Beetrain has finally bought a comb for Fai,and we can see some of Kurogane's muscles  :rotfl:)

* "Mokona's kidnappers" guild * (http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3381.msg188911;topicseen#msg188911)
Subordinates : Sailor Yue Chan : Spy / Suu No Clover : Doctor / Airashii : Strategist / Kjesta : Factor

* Forum Family *
Ishiyaki : Team mate of the "Mokona's kidnappers" guild / Kina : Cookies shopkeeper / Nectar rain : The happy lucky cheerful girl / Airashii : banner's creator / SailorYue Chan : Twins / Moon Li : French counterpart / Kjesta : Soulmate / Znuese : Rainbow summoner and Brother

Offline falka

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #548 on: August 26 2006, 11:30 pm »
well, I agree that probably most girls are fawning over Fay not Kuro (I used be like that too, frankly, I madly fell in love in Kurogane thanks to the latest chapters XD)

BT will never be able to  pull of Fay's hair successfully. in the manga it looks so wonderfully messy and  soft, but it all turns dull in the anime.
and Kuro is just a disaster. most of the time he is too slim, and what about the ears and pointy teeth in Piffle (foreshadowing?!? you've got the wrong person BT!!!).

btw in one of the latest episodes I noticed that Fay and Sakura have almost identical dos... BeeTrain is being lazy (again)?

edit> sorry for being off topic again  :sweatdrop:
One moment is all you can expect from perfection

Offline Tatasenko

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #549 on: August 27 2006, 01:56 pm »
don't worry,you are not off-topic,after all how can we speak about Fai without mentionned Kurogane ???

about Fai's eye,i'm totally amazed by the way Beetrain bring them to the fore  :keke:.
but when i think about it,Beetrain doesn't have much work to do on Fai's expressions since he is always closing his eyes in a smile  :haha:!
and moreover in Tokyo arc they will have even less chore because Fai will lose his left eye,so they will only have to draw from time to time one sparkling blue eye when Fai will not smile  :okay:

i wanna drown in his beautiful eyes  :rotfl:

* Forum Family *

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #550 on: August 27 2006, 02:01 pm »
*sighs* such pretty eyes.

But I'm having the urge to photoshop in an eyepatch in all those pictures.  :rotfl:
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #551 on: August 28 2006, 06:53 pm »
XD Hahahaha.
I honestly HATE the anime. Gah. But back to being on-topic!

KxF FTW!!!
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta

Offline S. Espoire

• Its Sakura Espoire. Another Fai fan.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #552 on: September 02 2006, 02:28 am »
I simply love Fai's blond hairs and blue eyes.  :inlove:
Cousin: Ruby chan
Imoto chan: Zeldi, lika-chi
Aunt: Sakaki san

Offline Rusty

• #1 Sexy Bishie Lover
  • Super Fan
  • if you keep bugging me i will eat you
« Reply #553 on: September 02 2006, 04:06 am »
I simply love Fai's blond hairs and blue eyes.  :inlove:

blue eyes blue eyes...

~~XXForum FamilyXX~~
<3 Big Sisters!! <3
S.Espoire
Fye-chan 
sofiacardcaptors

<3 Little Sister!! <3
Deathwish
<3 Cousin!! <3
Pretty/LSD

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #554 on: September 02 2006, 04:10 am »
In this Chapter 126, Yuko say's Fai is the oldest of the group because of his magic, just how old I wounder?
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #555 on: September 02 2006, 05:03 am »
Blue eye:tongue3:

In this Chapter 126, Yuko say's Fai is the oldest of the group because of his magic, just how old I wounder?

It really didn't surprise me to learn he's a lot older than he looks; often CLAMP characters who are strong in magic have long lifespans.  I'd say Fai's at least 100, but he's probably a lot older than that; somewhere in between 100-1000.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #556 on: September 02 2006, 08:27 am »
not having read many other CLAMP works, i mysself dont like calling fai THAT old. id say probably in his 30s for me :-/
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Elenath

• Good Fan
  • Kurogane x Fye SOOOOO CANON~
« Reply #557 on: September 02 2006, 09:46 am »
I agree as well- I imagined Fye being at least 25 and Kurogane 27 somewhere in between their 25-30s.
By what I read from the manga in chapter 126, I understood that Fye's lifespan was already long due to his strong power.
She mentioned his lifespan, not that he was already 100 years old or taht he was old, for taht matter.
He could live up to 200 and still look young, I suppose, but she didn't say "Fye is the oldest of the group"

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #558 on: September 02 2006, 10:06 am »
not having read many other CLAMP works, i mysself dont like calling fai THAT old. id say probably in his 30s for me :-/

Ever read MKR?  There's a kid in it who looks 12 but is really around 740. ^_~

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #559 on: September 02 2006, 10:27 am »
The fact that Fai has an unnaturally long lifespan was mentioned, but nothing was said about Fai's actual age, or that he was the oldest member of the group. Leastways, before the apparent confusion between the two possible interpretations of one of Yuuko's lines (I've seen it translated as both "Kurogane, your life is longer now too" and "[Fai] has already lived quite a bit longer than you, Kurogane.") it's difficult to say. However, just because he HAS a long lifespan doesn't automatically make him around 100.

While I agree it's more likely for Fai to have a three-digit age (if it was mentioned, he probably does) but Yuuko never said he'd lived long enough to really reap the benefits of an expanded life. He could very well be 24 and expecting to live to 1000 or something like that. However, I think that Fai's age, when one considers his lifespan, is probably around the equivalent to Kurogane's.

((And before chapter 126, I always pictured Fai to be in his 20s. He doesn't look old enough to be over thirty, IMO.))
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage