AuthorTopic: Fai - Character Discussion  (Read 151512 times)

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
Re: Fai - Character Discussion
« Reply #340 on: July 07 2006, 10:53 pm »
Okay, so we've established this much about Fai's backstory:

-Something bad happened in Celes, resulting in all those dead bodies.
-Said situation is probably the fault of Fai and/or Ashura-ou. Neither of whom we believe to be evil.
-Ashura-ou has some reason to chase Fai when he awakens. Fai does not wish to face Ashura-ou.
-Fai may have been in a relationship with Ashura-ou. They have a pretty splash page.
-Fai's magic was controled by his marking, but
Show content
resides in his eyes.
He can use magic without the marking. His magic is powerful.
-He created Chii, and has turned her into a kind of magical alarm system so she can warn him if Ashura-ou awakens.
-Fai has some reason to believe that people will be hurt by getting involved with him. (Not sure how this is relevant, but it seems important.)

Anything else?

Now that I think of it, what if the situation in Celes was caused by neither Fai nor Ashura-ou?

Looking at volume 1, am I correct in believing that before Fai leaves, he wishes that Ashura-ou may have good dreams while he's asleep? I'm definitely seeing affection there.

CLAMP, will you please, please throw me a bone here? What's up with Ashura-ou?!
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #341 on: July 08 2006, 09:21 am »
i still think that FWR did something in celes just like he did something in japan to turn kuro into who he is. maybe FWR contrlolled ashura or bargained or something :-/
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #342 on: July 08 2006, 12:21 pm »
I thought I wrote that Fei-Wang Reed bit down...that too.

-We are also of the opinion that FWR was somehow involved in the Celes Affair.

FWR doesn't seem to generally manipulate normal people (he just sends out his servants). So unless Ashura-ou was already working for him, that doesn't seem to be in FWR's style, nor Ashura-ou's for that matter - he tends to follow his own plans, though maybe a deal would have been acceptable. We don't have enough information to rule it out, though, so it's possibility.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
  • Sorry I was inactive due to a stomach infection.
« Reply #343 on: July 08 2006, 12:48 pm »
And kyaah! Read Chapitre 120 a few days back....Fai! Why did they do that to Fai? Stupid eye fetish!
They did it becaues kuro-rin is like a ninja and if Fai gets an eyepatch he'll be sort of like a pirate! This is CLAMP's twisted take on pirates vs ninjas!!! *laughs* I'm kidding...

FWR is a shady piece of work, but so is Fai...But Fai, a feather? that's interesting... well it's possible i mean in MKR II
Show content
Mokona was GOD!!!
, so it's very possible...

and on another note, I'm sure most of us in this topic sould be more elated looking than Ashura-ou if Fai was draped on one of us!
= 3
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #344 on: July 08 2006, 01:06 pm »
I don't think Fai is a feather because
Show content
if he were, would soullessclone!Syaoran have noticed right away and reverted him to such, instead taking his eye? I mean, the clone is a regular feather-gathering machine, he should be able to tell things like that.

Hmm, if I had Fai draped over my legs I'd be like "...WTF are you doing?" and then probably try to get information about Celes out of him, fail, and space out like Ashura-ou. Eheh...
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
« Reply #345 on: July 08 2006, 01:11 pm »
I don't think Fai is a feather because
Show content
if he were, would soullessclone!Syaoran have noticed right away and reverted him to such, instead taking his eye? I mean, the clone is a regular feather-gathering machine, he should be able to tell things like that.

Hmm, if I had Fai draped over my legs I'd be like "...WTF are you doing?" and then probably try to get information about Celes out of him, fail, and space out like Ashura-ou. Eheh...
true, very true...but this is CLAMP, so it could go either way.................. @__@ omg it gets to be confuseing and frusterateing >.<

*hee hee* Yeah, I just had to bring it up... But as the tag said... tis a good way to stay warm...(Just like when I go camping in october) People have to be somewhat close to do that and FWR does like to mess up families and friends, like the others, ao he probably did do something in Celes.
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #346 on: July 08 2006, 02:53 pm »
I thought I wrote that Fei-Wang Reed bit down...that too.

-We are also of the opinion that FWR was somehow involved in the Celes Affair.

FWR doesn't seem to generally manipulate normal people (he just sends out his servants). So unless Ashura-ou was already working for him, that doesn't seem to be in FWR's style, nor Ashura-ou's for that matter - he tends to follow his own plans, though maybe a deal would have been acceptable. We don't have enough information to rule it out, though, so it's possibility.
well in the lecourt arc, in kuro's past (dont know if its a spoiler, but for those who havent read the manga) 
Show content
when they showed kuro's mom getting slayed, thats CLEARLY FWR doin the stabbing.(we only see the hand, but thats his robe thingy he wears) plus the ninjas said that it had to be a powerful sorcere to beable to break the powerful sutra
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #347 on: July 08 2006, 04:24 pm »
I was wondering.....Fan thoughts, so don't take it to heart.....

Show content
Ok, we all know that One, Fei-wang Reed messed with everyones life, assuming he also attacked Fai's world as well, for reasons to gain souls for whatever he wants to do, mostlikely messing with Fai's childhood, who later ends up being a Mage/? King? only to have it fall apart when Sakura's feather enters his would. As in the 1st manga, Fai knew what her feather looked like right away.
Two, Fai's magic is his eye's, while the tattoo was a controller or a protector for him, while he writes his powers with his words verses that of a magic circle, and that wistleing, no matter what he says, has something to do with his powers, be what may,
Three, Fai knew about Syaoran not being real from the start, but never said anything, because of what he saw in him was real, the memory of the princess that they had shared together while growing up.
Four, Fai's familary towards Kurogane, I have an Idea, since Fei-wang Reed messes with dimenshions, and Kuroganes father's body was never found, could be that it was eaten or lost, only his arm was found, maybe he was transported to Fai's world, where he found him, and helped him back to health??
Five, this crosses over to the CCS world, we all know that Syaoran of CCS is a decentant of Clow's Chinese bloodline, as is in TRC, but Clow also had a European blood line as well, which could be Fai himself, or a bloodline along the way.

well, its a guess, right, oww and I don't think Fai is dead
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #348 on: July 09 2006, 02:17 am »
well in the lecourt arc, in kuro's past (dont know if its a spoiler, but for those who havent read the manga) 
Show content
when they showed kuro's mom getting slayed, thats CLEARLY FWR doin the stabbing.(we only see the hand, but thats his robe thingy he wears) plus the ninjas said that it had to be a powerful sorcere to beable to break the powerful sutra

True, though that was a case of FWR directly interfering himself. I was just saying that there were no cases of him manipulating/controlling people in the worlds he messes with. It's probably not that important anyway, since just because we haven't seen him do that yet doesn't necessarily mean he won't. Actually now that I think of it, (spoiler for non-manga readers)
Show content
he did manipulate those bunnies in the Country of Idols, didn't he? That world was a set up, so he must have done something to them.

I think that to manipulate Ashura-ou, FWR would have to make Ashura-ou think he was acting of his own free will. FWR is probably powerful enough to control Ashura-ou if he really wanted to (though Ashura-ou would have to be significantly powerful to be able to follow Fai through worlds, as Fai seems sure that he will). As for Fai...do you think Fai is the kind of person who can be manipulated? I think he is, but I can't clearly say why.

Show content
Ok, we all know that One, Fei-wang Reed messed with everyones life, assuming he also attacked Fai's world as well, for reasons to gain souls for whatever he wants to do, mostlikely messing with Fai's childhood, who later ends up being a Mage/? King? only to have it fall apart when Sakura's feather enters his would. As in the 1st manga, Fai knew what her feather looked like right away.
Two, Fai's magic is his eye's, while the tattoo was a controller or a protector for him, while he writes his powers with his words verses that of a magic circle, and that wistleing, no matter what he says, has something to do with his powers, be what may,
Three, Fai knew about Syaoran not being real from the start, but never said anything, because of what he saw in him was real, the memory of the princess that they had shared together while growing up.
Four, Fai's familary towards Kurogane, I have an Idea, since Fei-wang Reed messes with dimenshions, and Kuroganes father's body was never found, could be that it was eaten or lost, only his arm was found, maybe he was transported to Fai's world, where he found him, and helped him back to health??
Five, this crosses over to the CCS world, we all know that Syaoran of CCS is a decentant of Clow's Chinese bloodline, as is in TRC, but Clow also had a European blood line as well, which could be Fai himself, or a bloodline along the way.

1. I still don't quite buy the "there's a feather in Celes" theory, but it's possible. I assumed Fai just noticed (probably with help from his magic) that there was a weird looking feather on Syaoran.
2. & 3. Yes.
4. That would be one strange coincedence - or rather, one strange case of hitsuzen. Sounds far-fetched to me.
5. It seems unlikely - Celes is a totally separate world from CCS's (otherwise Fai wouldn't have been travelling through dimensions to reach Yuuko's - it would have been time travel). Fai doesn't seem to be English either. Last time I was there, the climate in Great Britain wasn't quite that cold. Fai could possibly be related to his world's version of Clow, though it would be kind of...weird.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
« Reply #349 on: July 09 2006, 02:27 am »

I think that to manipulate Ashura-ou, FWR would have to make Ashura-ou think he was acting of his own free will. FWR is probably powerful enough to control Ashura-ou if he really wanted to (though Ashura-ou would have to be significantly powerful to be able to follow Fai through worlds, as Fai seems sure that he will). As for Fai...do you think Fai is the kind of person who can be manipulated? I think he is, but I can't clearly say why.

1. I still don't quite buy the "there's a feather in Celes" theory, but it's possible. I assumed Fai just noticed (probably with help from his magic) that there was a weird looking feather on Syaoran.

And on that note FWR must be far superior to Fai for Fai to not notice his magic.
As to beind manipulated, i dunno...fai might still have a trick or two up his sleeve.
yeah, he just knows magic, so he knew the feather...
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline Touei

• -gone-
  • Big Fan
« Reply #350 on: July 09 2006, 02:45 am »
Another theory for the Fai-recognising-Kurotan business, that I personally quite like, is that later in the series (but not much later now o.o ) the group might get sent into Past!Celes, when Fai was younger, and they see some of his past that way. So, Fai would recognise Kuro, but Kuro would not have ever met Fai before being sent to the shop.
(Of course, that's just a wild theory that might've been half-inched from a fanfict somewhere that I forgot about >>'' And actually, Im not sure if I think Fai did recognise Kuro when they first met at Yuuko's place. It was probably more of a *didnt expect there to be other people here* kinda thing. But, it would bring the whole Shura/Shara thing back again... So yeah x3 Whatever actually happened, Im sure theres more to Fai's past than we could speculate about, 'cause CLAMP are so good at suprising fans with twists that we wouldnt've expected~ )

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #351 on: July 09 2006, 09:20 am »
hmm. well fai could have been familiar to kuro because maybe he senses tomoyo-hime's curse.  if he could sense syaoaran's powers, he'd DEFINATLY recognize a simple little curse (which also may e why he has so much fun in anoying kuro. he KNOWS kuro wont really hurt him ^^
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #352 on: July 09 2006, 09:28 am »
While I like the idea of Kuro and Fai having some sort of past connection, I always percieved the Fai-recognizing-Kuro scene to be just Fai's surprise at there being someone beside him. After all, he probably expected to be the only one there at Yuuko's shop.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline ~Bloody_Rose~

• *cough* CAAAAAANNNOOOOONNN!!!!
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • *cough* CAAAANOOOOON!!!!!!
« Reply #353 on: July 09 2006, 01:09 pm »
Minna, do you think it's possible that the tatto in Fai's back isn't really a booster or blocker of magic? instead it's a lock or key for Ashura? coz y'see, someone pointed out that Fai's magic source is his eyes.. but then his most precious thing is his tattoo..

which means the tattoo is more important than his source of magic.. and his most important mission is to run away from ashura.... am i making any sense? :sweatdrop:

Forum Family:

Big Sis ~ bluetopaz, aya-Chan, moezy-chan                           Forum Husband ~ Kuro-Puppy :noteworthy:
Lil Sis ~ cardcaptors_ria, babypiggy, kudan                 'Kino no Tabi Lover' sis ~ Zeldi :inlove:
Tamer~ tsukihime                 Daughter: Modo-rashi
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #354 on: July 09 2006, 01:19 pm »
That might make sense (after all, that coffin-shaped thing Ashura-ou is sealed in has the same symbol on it), except that Yuuko said Fai's marking was to limit/control his magic, saying that without it his magic was what it was originally meant to be, and he acknowledged this. I wonder why the symbol is on the coffin-seal-thing, though. It could be related to the importance of the marking, in some way, maybe?
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #355 on: July 11 2006, 07:11 pm »
Hm, I haven't read your latest discussion topic here yet, but I wanted to say that I prefer the spelling "Fye". This is how they spell his name here in Germany.

Besides that, it fits him most, though this is a rather personal thing for me. I have synesthesia and Fye just matches his personality and colors so beautifully!

Anyway, he's my favourite character. Besides Mokona, Kurogane and Tomoyo. Sakura and Syaoran are also pretty cool! (And I totally dislike Chi in TRC :dodge:)
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Saoho

« Reply #356 on: July 11 2006, 07:44 pm »
First time poster ^_^

I have a little synaesthesia too! And I agree that 'Fye' is the prettiest and most fitting version of his name, lol....

Offline Kjesta

• It's fact I act.
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #357 on: July 11 2006, 07:55 pm »
I have a little synaesthesia too! And I agree that 'Fye' is the prettiest and most fitting version of his name, lol....

Isn't bit? :keke: What is it like to you? For me, it's all curvy, elegant and blueish though the single letters' colors are blue, violet and green.
"Sir, we are surrounded!" "Excellent! Now we can attack in any direction!"

~*Forum Family*~
Wife: Znuese
Sister: Emiko
Twin brother: Ando
Sister in law: meliwan
Soulmate: Tatasenko
Mother: envyofthestage

~*Zuckersüße Grüße*~

Offline Saoho

« Reply #358 on: July 11 2006, 08:41 pm »
To me, the single letters are light orange-yellow, darker orange and reddish-orange, though the name as seen as a whole is a general light orange-ish colour.... Bright and sunny like his personality! :greengrin:

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #359 on: July 11 2006, 09:19 pm »
Sorry, but... what does synesthesia/synaesthesia mean? I'm confused.

I use the spelling "Fai" just because that's the one they use in the official English translation, and I first read Tsubasa in that translation.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster