AuthorTopic: Fai - Character Discussion  (Read 151511 times)

Offline Dayanira

• New Fan
Re: Fai - Character Discussion
« Reply #200 on: April 20 2006, 05:47 am »
Perhaps she was created on the basis of someone he once knew, someone who he killed? Perhaps by him or Ashura?
I had this idea too ^_^ But soon i understood that what I was thinking about was similar to Tokyo Babylon... a little :sweatdrop:
I thought that he might have a sister (there's something common in their appearences, don't you think?), who died (was killed), and Chii was an attempt to bring her back to life (or to make some kind of a clone)... Yep, it doesn't sound very good now :sweatdrop:
There are no coincidences in this  world... there is only Hitsuzen... Everything here  has already been predestined by CLAMP!!!

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #201 on: April 20 2006, 10:24 am »
I know this might be hated on, or something, but could Chii be a love child???? Since we are bringing her up...
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #202 on: April 20 2006, 11:27 am »
I had this idea too ^_^ But soon i understood that what I was thinking about was similar to Tokyo Babylon... a little :sweatdrop:
Eh, how is the idea of Chii being based on someone Fai knew anything like Tokyo Babylon? That's not TB at all.

And Chii's not a love child, since she's not human in the traditional sense; Fai created her. She's a magical construction like Yue/Yukito from CCS. Which then leads to all sorts of comparisons of Fai to Clow.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Dayanira

• New Fan
« Reply #203 on: April 20 2006, 12:08 pm »
Eh, how is the idea of Chii being based on someone Fai knew anything like Tokyo Babylon? That's not TB at all.
That's not because of Chii. I mean kind of "someone important for you (it is possible that Ashura WAS) kills your sister, and it makes you have "mixed" feelings about it" Well yes, i guess i should have said this in an other way... I was thinking about it so much, that now can't say exactly what made me say this :sweatdrop:
There are no coincidences in this  world... there is only Hitsuzen... Everything here  has already been predestined by CLAMP!!!

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #204 on: April 20 2006, 01:21 pm »
speaking of fai creating chii, im writing a fic on that subject now. i dont hink its very good tho, its very short.

i think he created her cuz he was simply lonely. look at the images of celes that weve been shown, a casle floaring in the air, seemingly life3less, anyone would be alone really.
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #205 on: April 20 2006, 01:23 pm »
That's not because of Chii. I mean kind of "someone important for you (it is possible that Ashura WAS) kills your sister, and it makes you have "mixed" feelings about it" Well yes, i guess i should have said this in an other way... I was thinking about it so much, that now can't say exactly what made me say this :sweatdrop:
Ah, I understand now. lol It's fine.

And I thought I'd recommend Ontogenesis's wonderful Fai fic 'Child of Celes.' She's got some wonderful theories about Fai and his past that fit very well into canon, and she just put out the last chapter.

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #206 on: April 20 2006, 04:01 pm »
Well by love child I ment, if you read Chobits you see that Chi and her sister was made for a woman who could not have children of her own, so in away Fai might have done the same for his loved one?
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Touei

• -gone-
  • Big Fan
« Reply #207 on: April 20 2006, 08:25 pm »
Does anyone else get the feeling that FWR might've had something to do with Fai's past?
Show content
He seems to have been involved with all the others..( he was the one who killed Kuro's mum, wasnt he? *Hasnt read Kuro's past in a while*) the idea that he meddled in all their lives is interesting, and presents a whole bunch of questions..

Offline Kirtai

• Donators
  • Big Fan
  • When eternity is not too long...
« Reply #208 on: April 20 2006, 09:51 pm »
Oh, wow.  You're right.  It has to be so.  I'd give you a cookie for that if I could!

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #209 on: April 21 2006, 12:14 am »
Does anyone else get the feeling that FWR might've had something to do with Fai's past?
Show content
He seems to have been involved with all the others..( he was the one who killed Kuro's mum, wasnt he? *Hasnt read Kuro's past in a while*) the idea that he meddled in all their lives is interesting, and presents a whole bunch of questions..
i kinda thought that too, but IMO he'll have something do with maybe causing Ashura to awaken. he's messed with the others, so why not fai?
Show content
he's screwed up kurogane's past, killing his mom. He's messed up Sakura's present, spreading her feathers, so i think that he'll cause something in Fai's future.
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #210 on: April 21 2006, 01:40 am »
Well by love child I ment, if you read Chobits you see that Chi and her sister was made for a woman who could not have children of her own, so in away Fai might have done the same for his loved one?
Well, that's a possibility for Chii's creation, but that's not what is generally meant by 'love child.' 'Love child' usually means a child conceived by two people who are/were in love with each other but aren't/can't be married to each other. But while your theory certainly is a possibility, I do believe Fai created Chii for himself, most likely to keep him company.

And I think it highly likely that FWR had something to do with Fai's past in some way, just to keep up with the pattern that has emerged. CLAMP loves patterns.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #211 on: April 23 2006, 01:49 pm »
~ thread cleaned up.

Please, no more two word or off-topic posts. ^^

Offline Smile_For_Me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #212 on: April 25 2006, 07:21 am »
Is this allowed?

The question of Fai's tatoo and his magic, in some religons or stories, when a person does magic and is done right, no harm shell come to the magic user, but if the magic is wrong, but still works, the magic will come back at the user three times stronger. Fai's tatoo was proabley an equalizer for his magic, and with it gone, his magic could harm him. Is there any other Ideas for it?
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Dayanira

• New Fan
« Reply #213 on: April 26 2006, 01:02 pm »
Is this allowed?

The question of Fai's tatoo and his magic, in some religons or stories, when a person does magic and is done right, no harm shell come to the magic user, but if the magic is wrong, but still works, the magic will come back at the user three times stronger. Fai's tatoo was proabley an equalizer for his magic, and with it gone, his magic could harm him. Is there any other Ideas for it?

Reminds of sakanagi (just in case: in "Tokyo Babylon" it was mentioned that if one uses his magic to make any harm to somebody, the negative energy will come back to that person and will harm him, kinda in order to keep the ballance^^, so to avoid any harm some protective methods were used...). But i think that Fai is powerful enough to use magic properly :keke:

Well, at least we know that Fai's tatoo is very similar (if it's not THE SAME) to the seal on Ashura's... "container" :sweatdrop:

Only now i realised HOW lonely Fai possibly was! I mean we saw him for the first time right after he had sealed Ashura. His decision to leave his world was absolutely spontaniouse, he didn't need any time to think of it; which means he had nothing preciouse to him, had nobody who would worry about him and who he could prevent... And even if Ashura was not THAT bad, as he is imagined to be, it is still VERY sad.

And i've just came up with an idea... What if Ashura was to Fai the same as Tomoyo is for Kurogane? I mean THAT kind of relationship, not any past events.

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #214 on: April 29 2006, 02:31 am »
You mean a purely platonic or brother/sister relationship?

*growls*

Because that's all Kurogane and Tomoyo are...*points*
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline Dayanira

• New Fan
« Reply #215 on: April 29 2006, 04:53 am »
Exactly ^^
Because i don't think Ashura is evil, and when Fai recalls his past he doesn't seem to be scared or something, but his eyes get filled with great sadness and pain; though i don't think he LOVED Ashura (besides, why is he flirting with Kuro then? :keke: ) Soooo, yeah, that's what i think :D

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #216 on: April 30 2006, 07:53 am »
Should we throw the mysterious pink creature from the 2nd ED into the discussion? What do you guys think? Is that creature just a random thing they added to make the picture cuter, or does the little creature have a meaning?

I'm guessing, the creature is Chii. Fai somehow used his magic to give his favourite pet a human shape, or something like that.

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #217 on: April 30 2006, 08:00 am »

Here's a picture... Chibi Fai is SO cute. <3 And the thought about Chii... Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. That's a possibility, since Fai asked Chii if it were alright for him to change Chii's shape just before he leaves Celes. Perhaps he had changed her shape before.

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #218 on: April 30 2006, 08:02 am »
*nod nod*
Then again, Chii also said that Fai created her... And if she already existed beforehand as a cute pink creature, that wouldn't make sense.

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #219 on: April 30 2006, 08:13 am »
*nod nod*
Then again, Chii also said that Fai created her... And if she already existed beforehand as a cute pink creature, that wouldn't make sense.
Unless Fai created the cute little pink thing too... O_O But that would mean Fai was creating stuff like that as a little kid. But we've always assumed/known Fai is freaking powerful. I think the Chii=pink bunny/cat/fox theory isn't very likely over all, but interesting. Actually, it makes me think of the country of Idols, with the dancing pagan bunnies. XD
« Last Edit: April 30 2006, 08:23 am by Jeannette »