AuthorTopic: Tokyo Babylon  (Read 15760 times)

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
Re: Tokyo Babylon
« Reply #60 on: February 20 2006, 04:02 pm »
Yes! You finally read TB! And like I told you... reading X without reading TB just doesn't do Seishirou and Subaru's story justice, nor does it do Hokuto justice. I'm glad you enjoyed.

Hmm... The OAV's... I don't know where you might be able to download them; they're licensed, so most places wouldn't put them up. Amazon.com actually has them for fairly cheap, from what I remember. I've never watched them myself. (Bad TB fangirl am I.)
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #61 on: February 20 2006, 04:11 pm »
I think watching in Spanish will do, only I've read that Tomokazu Seki does the voice of Subaru... (Hehe, he does Kamui in the X movie and Subaru in TB.) X3

Hokuto is awesome! I love her fashion sense! X3 And her funny conversations with Seishirou. Plus that one where she pulls a knife on him warning him not to hurt Subaru-kun... She's such a great sister.

You're so right. Knowing the background/original stories of the crossover characters in X makes you even more in tune with their characters. Maybe I should read Clamp Campus Detectives next. ^^

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #62 on: February 20 2006, 04:21 pm »
I'm going to have to watch them on youtube; I didn't know they were on there. Awesomeness.

And CLAMP Campus Detectives... OMG. It's as far from X and TB as you can get. It's fluffy and cheerful and happy. Well, there are some dramatic parts, but there's always a happy ending. I read CCD whenever I need a pick-me-up. I've always found it hilarious that the Detectives show up in X. Somehow it just fits. My one complaint about the series is the fact that the horrible, boring creature known as Nagisa exists. She steals Suoh's heart away from Nokoru, and it's just not right! Damn homebreaker. Grr. Suoh and Nokoru need to marry and live happily ever after. Besides, Nokoru had dibs first! She has no right! And she's boring and has no personality. Hmm... I really don't like her. Can you tell? I'm completely OT.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign