AuthorTopic: Tokyo Babylon  (Read 15758 times)

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
Re: Tokyo Babylon
« Reply #40 on: September 15 2005, 09:19 am »
well, we all know what happens in volume 16 *nudge nudge* even though I still have it on hold at the  library... -_- for about 9 months I've been waiting, now... Maybe I'll just go buy it. Or forget it ever happened! :D as if anyone could... *sniff*
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #41 on: September 15 2005, 03:36 pm »
well, we all know what happens in volume 16 *nudge nudge* even though I still have it on hold at the  library... -_- for about 9 months I've been waiting, now... Maybe I'll just go buy it. Or forget it ever happened! :D as if anyone could... *sniff*

Awe, *pats back* don't cry... I haven't cried over it in over a year-... *thinks about it* ... S-So not fair... *Starts crying, too*  I lied! I cry about it everyday! T.T
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Tessaiga

• Subaru's Wife
  • cRAzY fan
  • My avatar says it all...
« Reply #42 on: September 15 2005, 08:43 pm »
Awe, *pats back* don't cry... I haven't cried over it in over a year-... *thinks about it* ... S-So not fair... *Starts crying, too* I lied! I cry about it everyday! T.T

Now that sounds really scary... O.o''
Did anything else happen then in the anime? *kicks my Seishiro voodoo-doll "Nyahahaha! Die! Die!!! :evil4:"*
Ah, never mind... :confused:
Looks like we're talking more and more about X instead of Tokyo Babylon!  :XD:
Quote from: French Soldier of Monthy Python
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I f-a-r-t in your general direction!!! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

I would tell you Sei-Sub fangirls the truth about the "couple", but since I've got more life than that, I'll allow you to be inzane. And I lol at you. Lololololololololol.
And with this, I leave. Fohevah

Det är så härligt att gå i solen, och äta hallon med dig~ Men det vet du inget om, för du förstår inte svenska!... VA?! Du fattar? Hej! Kul för dig!

________________Forum Family________________[/color]
Zeldi
  Ichiranseisouseiji Enzerubebi Otohime
VexNet
  Nii-san
suu_no_clover
  Sumeragi Onmyouji Chibi
moezy-chan
  Itoko-chan

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #43 on: September 16 2005, 02:57 am »
Gaaa! O.O!  *Picks up the Seishirou doll and cherishes it* Noo noo, it's OK Sei-chan, I will allllways loooovvve yooouuuu.... *pet pet* And YES the thing that happened in the manga happens in the anime, too... *vein vein* Of COURSE it does... and it angers me everyday...  *searches for a Subaru doll to kiss the Seishirou doll* Suuuubaruuuu, come make Sei-chan feeeeeel better...

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Tessaiga

• Subaru's Wife
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #44 on: September 16 2005, 03:13 am »
And YES the thing that happened in the manga happens in the anime, too... *vein vein* Of COURSE it does... and it angers me everyday... 

Aha, THAT... Heh, it made me laugh!  :XD:
Damn, I'm evil... *steals Subaru doll*
I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I f-a-r-t in your general direction!!! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

I would tell you Sei-Sub fangirls the truth about the "couple", but since I've got more life than that, I'll allow you to be inzane. And I lol at you. Lololololololololol.

Det är så härligt att gå i solen, och äta hallon med dig~ Men det vet du inget om, för du förstår inte svenska!... VA?! Du fattar? Hej! Kul för dig!

Zeldi
VexNet
  Nii-san
suu_no_clover
  Sumeragi Onmyouji Chibi
moezy-chan
  Itoko-chan

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #45 on: September 16 2005, 04:19 am »
Aha, THAT... Heh, it made me laugh!  :XD:
Damn, I'm evil... *steals Subaru doll*

O.O *vein* Hmph! *draws Subaru and Seishirou makin' out* Ufu fu fu! *skips away*

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Tessaiga

• Subaru's Wife
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #46 on: September 16 2005, 04:29 am »
I want a chibi Subaru-plushie!!! :sad5:
Can't find one anywhere!!!
I was planning to sew one myself... but I don't know where I put the fabric I cut for my own doll...  :cry:
Allready have the li'l chess piece, but I can't hug THAT!!!

...Now that didn't really have with anything to do, I just thought about it when I and AkaiYuki mentioned
dolls before... Sorry...  :sweatdrop:

EDIT: YAY! I found it! I found it! X3 Now I can make a Subaru-plushie!!! *dance*
« Last Edit: September 16 2005, 09:28 pm by Tessaiga »

Zeldi
VexNet
  Nii-san
suu_no_clover
  Sumeragi Onmyouji Chibi
moezy-chan
  Itoko-chan

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #47 on: September 18 2005, 01:32 pm »
Just saw the TB OAV yesterday and... meh, disappointing. I guess because I was expecting it to follow the plot of the manga... at least in an abbrieviated way. But the two episodes are actually two unrelated "case files"... and they both involve catching a criminal - and Subaru isn't supposed to catch criminals, he's supposed to "release" the dead! Er... I guess it just annoyed me to see how much time was devoted to these random characters from the cases, and not the main characters.

Of course the main characters do get lots of screentime, and its awesome to see them move and hear their voices (Hokuto's laugh... OMG!), and the animation was good, so I don't regret watching it at all... it just really left me wanting something more. (I wanted to see more Suba-Sei-ness, dammit! And evil Seishirou! XD) Oh well... I'll stick with the manga. *hugs it* Now if only Barnes and Noble would get the rest of the volumes... grr. I know Waldonbooks has 6 & 7, but there's no place to sit down and read there, and I don't have the money to buy!! :sweatdrop:

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #48 on: September 18 2005, 07:07 pm »
Does anyone else find the dubbed voices for the main characters (Subaru especially) REALLY annoying? I mean, Subaru just sounds like a whiny 12 year old, and not the great character he's shown as in the manga.....I can't really remember Hokuto's or Seishirou's, but I know that they were almost as bad....

What do you guys think? Or were you lucky enough to watch the japanese version?

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #49 on: September 19 2005, 02:06 pm »
Ah, I only watched the Japanese version, thankfully. I thought the voices for that one suited them very well.

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #50 on: September 20 2005, 06:05 am »
Yeah, those English voices... Pretty bad.. Actually, they were some of the WORST I've ever HEARD. Luckily, I watched the Japanese version first, and didn't watch the English version (because I KNEW it'd be bad...) until my friends threatened to steal the DVD if I didn't listen to it... And those voice actors couldn't pronounce Japanese names for ANYTHING..

Seishoorwo? Who's THAT?

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Tessaiga

• Subaru's Wife
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #51 on: September 20 2005, 06:23 am »
I only have the english version... I remember I had to press "rewind" a lot of times to hear
what Hokuto said. Such a high voice, and speaking so fast too... -.-
Subarus voice shocked me. Reading the manga, book 3, someone said that she liked his
dark voice or something like that... And hearing this cute, sweet voice coming out of him... O__O''
well, it's not what I expected... No...
I've seen it so many times now that the voices doesn't bother me. In fact, I like them(don't hurt me!  :cry:)
I'll buy the DVD with the japanese voices as soon as I can. Will be fun! :D

Zeldi
VexNet
  Nii-san
suu_no_clover
  Sumeragi Onmyouji Chibi
moezy-chan
  Itoko-chan

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #52 on: September 25 2005, 08:25 pm »
Yes! I have just ordered Tokyo Babylon volume 1! No more wishful thinking and picture-surfing for me! I will now have a bit of this wonderful series!

There are only 7 volumes, right?

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #53 on: September 26 2005, 04:05 am »
Yep, seven volumes! ^__^ Seven horribly... depressing... heart-wrenching volumes... *cries in a corner*

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #54 on: September 26 2005, 10:46 am »
Lol.... yes, true. I finally got to finish the series now. Volume seven was... gah... what an ending. T_T Evil Seishirou is so awesome and horrible at the same time. And he's depressing, but I still must admit, older Subaru smokin' his cigs is hot. ^^;;;

Awesome series. But CLAMP is evil for making us wait all the way until X to find out that Seishirou (maybe? possibly?) felt something... T__T;;

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #55 on: October 14 2005, 11:54 am »
Oops. Double posting. ^^;

But has anyone else downloaded the TB live-action movie? It was posted up in Chibiyuuto's journal.

It's..... interesting. :lol: The special effects were pretty god-awful, but
Show content
that Subaru/Seishirou confrontation at the end was pretty cool, if just to be able to see it in live-action
although I didn't care for the guy they picked for Seishirou. o_O His white eye was cool, though. :sweatdrop: Otherwise I can see why its obscure. :lol: But cool nevertheless, since it's TB!! I wanted to see Hokuto, though.. T_T But Suba was pretty cool. ^_^;
« Last Edit: October 14 2005, 12:05 pm by Pikari »

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #56 on: October 31 2005, 09:11 pm »
Now I've ordered the last 6 volumes! Yay! But they won't come until halfway through November.....sigh.

But still....In volume 1....

TOKYO TOWER

Sei: Let me tell you, I truly do love you, Subaru-kun. But I'm not stupid enough to demand the same feelings from you.
Sub: I...
Sei: Subaru-kun...
Sub: Seishiro-san....
Sei: ....Do you find me sexy?
Sub: *crash*

Classic!

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #57 on: November 01 2005, 05:36 pm »
Now I've ordered the last 6 volumes! Yay! But they won't come until halfway through November.....sigh.

But still....In volume 1....

TOKYO TOWER

Sei: Let me tell you, I truly do love you, Subaru-kun. But I'm not stupid enough to demand the same feelings from you.
Sub: I...
Sei: Subaru-kun...
Sub: Seishiro-san....
Sei: ....Do you find me sexy?
Sub: *crash*

Classic!

Good god I love that line! That's pretty much my favorite Sei/Sub quote EVER!!! XD XD  ((And there are many more good ones coming up in later volumes, just wait Ruby chan! You can do it! It'll be hard, but be strong, girl! Be strong..))

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #58 on: December 08 2005, 07:52 am »
I'm reviving this thread again... OH my god, I love TB. It's so sad, and it makes you think -so- much. I just read TB a few weeks ago (borrowed it from a friend), and I also just read X.

Personally, I think Sei-chan did love Subaru the whole time, but he didn't know what love was and how it was supposed to feel, and so it was easy to convince himself into believing that he didn't love Su-kun. After all, at one point he says in the that he assumed from the beginning that he would win the bet. The whole bet thing was Sei-chan trying to come to terms with his feelings and understand them. But that's just me.

Somebody mentioned something about Subaru being a puppet and disappointing Sei-chan... Well, yes, Subaru is not a perfect person; he needs to grow a spine desperately, but that's no reason for Sei-chan not to love him. Yes, Subaru is flawed, but people do not have to be perfect to be loved. After all, Subaru loves Sei-chan, and Sei-chan is as evil as they come.

And I've said this in another thread, but Clamp has a special place in hell for the empty speech bubble in volume sixteen of X... The speech bubble that should have Sei-chan's confession of love. Gah!

Oh, and if anyone wants come text translations of all seven manga volumes, I have a link... They're fan translations, but they're not bad... She also has translations of X up to volume sixteen, along with RG Veda. They're not the same as having the manga, but... Actually, I've yet to read the RG translations... I'll probably do it over Christmas.

http://www.jahannam.net/
« Last Edit: December 08 2005, 08:24 am by LadyUltima »
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #59 on: February 20 2006, 03:43 pm »
WOW. I just read all of TB, and I love it so much!! After I read it, I immediately re-read the last few volumes of X/1999. Now that I've read TB, Subaru and Seishirou's scenes in X seem much more deep. (X/1999 was a pretty good Clamp crossover, come to think of it. Some of the crossovers in Tsubasa hardly have time to portray their full characters.)

Can anyone tell me where I could find the OVAs? I've found them on YouTube, but they're in Spanish...O_o;;