AuthorTopic: Gakuen Alice, anyone?  (Read 3885 times)

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
Gakuen Alice, anyone?
« on: June 21 2007, 01:07 pm »
Hmmm... I decided to add this topic since I just wanna ask who likes Alice Academy, be it the anime or the manga...

Well, recently, I watch the anime and I was soooo fond of it! I found Mikan soo cute and hilarious.. although the first few episodes are a bum since there wasn't much action yet... but as soon as things started to spice up and now having their little adventures... I just can't get enough of it.. Haha.. Anyway, I find all of them cute!  :haha:

Since I finished the anime, I started reading the manga.. too bad there aren't much scans that are up to date.. So I read summaries or translations.. currently at chapter 82, i think..  ;D

Anyway... I am fond of the students as well as their alices.. the silly alices and the cool ones makes it entertaining..

Oh yeah... to those people who doesn't know it yet.. well, Its really cool.. ..... If you like magic school girl thingies   :wink:

Alice Academy:
Sakura Mikan, an energetic 10 yr old... lives with her grandfather in the countryside and is enjoying life... then all of a sudden, her bestfriend, Hotaru, leaves her and goes to Alice Academy.. It was said that the people who are enrolled there have special powers which they reffer to as "alices"... well, to make the long story short.... devastated, Mikan runs away from home and follows her bestfriend only to find that ordinary people can't enter.. She almost gets kidnapped but is saved by Narumi, a teacher in the school... He discovers that Mikan also has an alice... A nullifying Alice (It means other Alices can't work against her)... that would be great.. if only she knew how to use it! haha! Eventually, She'll come to know how to use that power..
Inside the Academy, she'll meet new friends and will have lots of adventures... She's also reunited with her bestfriend.. ~Wheeee!!
Oh yeah! There she meets a mysterious classmate named Natsume Hyuuga... who has a fire alice.. and other classmates with interesting powers as well..

As you continue on with the story.. there are some things that'll make you wonder...
What's Natsume's past?
Who are Mikan's parents?
What's the dark side of Alice Academy?
What is the connection between Narumi and Mikan?
etc..etc..etc...

Oh by the way.. if there are some problems with the summary, just tell me so I'll make the necessary corrections or something...

I'm hooked to this right now...  :D

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
Re: Gakuen Alice, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 24 2007, 06:58 pm »
Seen the anime long time ago...
Its fun and lots of cuteness.... Theres lot of mysteries in the story that the anime failed to answer.  I guess its their tactics to get people to read their manga if they want to know. 

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #2 on: June 25 2007, 04:17 pm »
You're right... I really like the story since its fun and happy... but there are just too many mysteries that the anime left out.. too bad they didn't make another season.. I guess the ratings in Japan weren't that high for them to make another season...

I've been keeping track of the manga but found that theres not much scans.. I had to resort to translations and raws to understand it..  -_-

Actually, I've known this anime for a long time but I only watched it recently... I found it fun..  ;D

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #3 on: June 25 2007, 08:49 pm »
i am not sure regarding the rating but its one among NHK BS2 anime.  The story is suppose to be good to be able to air in that channel.  I think at that time it aired, the manga didn't have much volume to be adopted for animation. 

i haven't touch the manga... but i heard that the manga is still ongoing.

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #4 on: June 26 2007, 07:52 pm »
Yeah... the manga is still ongoing and is currently at chapter 82, i think... I was able to keep track of it by translations and summaries by chocovanilla at mangahelpers.. Actually, Natsume's story was now explained and it's getting deeper into finding out the identity of Sakura Mikan.. Its kinda sad that there's not much scanlations of it.. there are raws but I can't read japanese.. oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for it to be licensed..  -_-

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #5 on: June 26 2007, 11:27 pm »
I think it is licensed by TokyoPop,  but only released up to volume 9 out of 13. That's why only few chapters were scanalated.  scanalator tend to stay away from licensed manga. 

i can read a little japanese.... that's how i managed to survived korda raws.

Natsume story?  wow... the mangaka is already trying to solve the mysteries one by one...

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #6 on: June 27 2007, 01:45 pm »
Tokyopop? Hmmm... I just checked it out and they're releasing the first volume in 2008 (i think)... and I thought Viz will get it... oh well.. at least it'll get licensed.. usually scanlators really avoid the licensed manga since they'll get in trouble.. anyway, Its better to support the original than resort to just scans.. but its sad for my wallet(hehe)

but i still can't help it.. volume one is a looong way from volume 13...  -_-

So you can read a little japanese? How I wish I can actually read the language.. it'll be much convenient..  :haha:

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #7 on: June 29 2007, 09:09 pm »
I collect either chinese or japanese version because its a lot cheaper than the english release.

what? you have to wait 'til 2008 to get the first volume? wooo.... you need a lot of patience.

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #8 on: June 29 2007, 10:36 pm »
Lucky you that you can understand a bit of the language... I have a couple of mangas here that are japanese.. but I only look at the pictures and try make up a story out of it.. sad really...

I really need to have patience.. I wonder how long will I last before I start to break?  haha.. :haha:

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
« Reply #9 on: June 30 2007, 06:51 am »
Don't suppose anyone has Ep 16 and 17, along with 23-26 by chance? The torrents are just to damn slow now :(

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #10 on: June 30 2007, 09:23 am »
I have them but I just downloaded the low quality fansubs.. coz like you said.. downloads are way too slow..  :)

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
« Reply #11 on: June 30 2007, 11:29 am »
Yea I hear ya.

Thats the problem with a series that begins to lose in popularity.. I personally like it (for reasons that some people might find... insane)

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #12 on: July 01 2007, 07:13 pm »
Yup.. thats whats sad about it.. anyway, I still like it.. the interesting kinds of "alices" are so cute as well as their little antics too...  :keke: