AuthorTopic: La corda D'Oro  (Read 11734 times)

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
La corda D'Oro
« on: June 03 2007, 01:41 am »
Well, I was thinking on where I can ask about La corda d'oro then it hit me.. I decided to make this thread..  :heh:

I was just wondering if there are also others who likes the anime and the manga.. I haven't read the manga yet but I'm currently watching the episodes.. (up to ep 5 at the moment..:sweatdrop: ).. so far, I think its great!  ;D

I'm sooo hooked... its reallly really nice.. hehe, thanks sanlyn for mentioning it on your post!! I also saw it in the shoujo beat site... its really intriguing..  :D

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
Re: La corda D'Oro
« Reply #1 on: June 03 2007, 09:50 pm »

i've finished the entire anime series.  i've read up to chapter 39.  It was a series based from shoujo game by Koei.  However, the game is only available in japanese.

The story is really intriguing!  The more you watch the more you understand the personality and how Hino will influence them.  I really hope the manga won't end in the final selection. I love to see its continuation.

i can say that this anime brought back my passion in classical music.  I found myself reading articles related to music piece and composers.

BTW there will be a special ending in the last dvd release.  Yey!!!

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #2 on: June 03 2007, 10:42 pm »
well, so far, I've only reached ep. 7... I've been wanting to read the manga too.. ~hwaaa~  Its sooo cool!!  I really like ryou.. haha  :greengrin:

Actually, it also rekindled my passion in music... I know how to play the piano so I can relate to stuff like chopin and stuff.. haha.. lately I've been playing again... its been years!!

I really wonder who she ends up with... I guess I'll just have to watch and read on... :D

Any idea where I can find manga scans?

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #3 on: June 04 2007, 01:28 am »
That nice to hear... i knew many corda fans who started appreciating classical music and inspired to play again. 
I personally play piano but lazy in practicing so my skills is not good.  But i start practicing again after watching the series. 

Ryotaro is really sweet.  He always save the day.  I love his song in last selection....

I think its better to watch the anime first before reading the manga. :)
Manga is a big spoiler for anime viewing pleasure. 

Manga is licensed in US.  It's not allowed to post the link but i read them in a chinese forum that i sometimes lurk around.  the format is either in chinese or japanese.

as for who will Hino ends up with.... thats still a mystery even for up to date manga readers.  However, the animator and magaka did gave some hints.
« Last Edit: June 04 2007, 01:38 am by sanlyn »

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #4 on: June 04 2007, 01:52 pm »
I have to agree... once you read the manga, it'll be a bum to watch the anime.. So i'm still watching.. haha.. Its really cool...  ;D

So you play the piano too?  :D  It really is tiring to practice... my teacher always scolds me when I was still taking piano lessons.. I'm lazy too.. I mean, do you really have to practice everyday for a couple of hours?? haha! Maybe that's why I'm not a prodigy..  :haha:

I noticed there are a lot who likes Len more.. So who's your favorite couple?  ???

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #5 on: June 04 2007, 05:15 pm »
ideally if you want to improve your skills you have to practice everyday.  Even  a prodigy needs to practice hard.... actually they are the type who can stick with their piano for the whole day.  If you can't stand for a couple hours.. for just an hour is a great help at least you let your finger exercise a bit.

I agree that many fans,  including me like Tsukimori Len.  He is the type that you think cruel and arrogant but actually a very caring person.  My second fave is Ryoutaro.  His image is cool and he is the only person who Hino can easily relate, since both of them are in regular class.

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #6 on: June 04 2007, 06:05 pm »

:keke:   I stopped my piano lessons so did my practicing... but hearing someone play the piano feels nostalgic.. I just finished the episode with the 2nd selection.. Haha! I remembered my piano recitals before.. It really is nervewrecking... you can see many people in the auditorium staring at you and waiting to see if you make a mistake.. Aahh.. i miss those times..  ;D

Wow.. Tsuchiura can really play the piano! I wanna hear him play the flight of the bumble bee...

Hino on the other hand played the "canon"... it reminded me of a korean movie.. say, "My sassy girl"?  :sweatdrop:

I'm looking forward to watch the next episodes..  ;D

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #7 on: June 04 2007, 09:43 pm »
cool... you did participated recitals... that make you able to relate with participants feeling playing on a stage.

i love to see the reaction of the audiences while Tsuchiura is playing in the second selection.  Too bad he didn't play that in the entire anime.  Bringing back Tsuchiura to play the piano is one among Hino's achievements. 

pay attention to tsukimori calling Hino.  He dropped the -san.  That scene signified that he was a step closer to Hino,  that also surprised Tsuchiura.  Well Tsuchiura was very observant when in comes to Hino.   

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #8 on: June 05 2007, 01:17 am »
~Hwaaa.....~  You're right! I watched episode 10 again... he did drop the "san"... Tsuchiura noticed it too... he's always observant when it comes to Hino.. this is getting more and more interesting.. makes you wonder even more who she'll end up with..  ;D

Tsuchiura's performance really did give an impression the the audience.. I loved their reaction as well as tsukimori's mom's.. It really was a great performance, the kind that makes you wonder how does he possibly press the keys so quickly and gracefully.. haha..  ;D

Its kinda sad that Tsukimori wasn't able to perform but at least something good came out of it.. his mom even heard him play after the concours.. the music was now different from his usual playing.. this is getting exciting!!  :keke:

I played recitals before but the pressure wasn't as huge as theirs.. I was little back then so people didn't expect much.. but you can't help but get nervous since everyone is staring at you and listening.. I remember I messed up a key back then.. :sweatdrop:

I'm planning to read the manga once I finish the series.. I wanna watch the next episodes!! downloads are taking much time... I'm getting impatient..  -_-

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #9 on: June 05 2007, 11:01 pm »
The audience didn't expect tsuchiura to play like that because he belongs to soccer club and he is a regular class student unlike tsukimori and others they are music class students.

Tsukimori's violin performance was very touching.  I love his "chaconne", the song he played on the stage.  Yes... His mom did noticed that his son changed .... well... thats because of Hino.... of course...

regarding recital... audiences are listening to you. 

Yes... thats a good idea to wait for anime sub before reading manga.  But you need patience... patience... and patience. 

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #10 on: June 06 2007, 12:13 am »
Yup! I need to be patient... even though its soooo hard... Aaagh! I can't stand it..  downloads are taking so much time... -_-

Anyway, I also like Hihara.. he's fun and cheery.. makes me wanna pinch his cheecks.. hehe.. Actually I like all the characters.. that's what makes it interesting.. they're all great! ;D

I liked the episode where they went on a training camp on Fuyuumi's villa.. you can see the rivalry of tsukimori and tsuchiura.. I find it funny when tsukimori accidentally burned their lunch and tsuchiura had to cook for them.. I really love those cute moments..  :haha:

I just have to ask.. are the anime and manga alike or the manga is more fast-paced?  ???

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #11 on: June 06 2007, 09:46 am »
Hihara has a cheerful personality.  His voice actor is same as Ichigo from Bleach.  He and Tsuchiura become good buddy. However, sometimes it seems like Tsuchiura look to be more mature than Hihara. 

Oh the villa episodes... Its funny that Tsukimori don't know how to distinguish a microwave and an oven.  Maybe he is too immerse himself with his violin practice and never pay attention to his kitchen.

The anime was faithful with the manga from the first to middle part (up to third selection)... however, it became loose when it reached near the end. Because the anime episodes went beyond the chapters in manga.  The manga was only up to chapter 39 and still ongoing. Chapter 39 timeline was sometimes before the final selection.  Theres lot of cute and funny moment in it which the anime skipped those certain part (e.g. Tsuchimori and Hino went to amusement park)  Its also has more details in a certain scene. thats why i suggest you to watch the anime first then the manga to be able to appreciate both media.

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #12 on: June 07 2007, 01:50 am »
Haha! You're right... Tsuchiara does look more mature than Hihara.. Hihara's so loud and cheerful.. He acts childish at times but he seems fun to be with.. I simply adore his personality...  :keke:

Hmmm... so the anime ended with the fourth selection while the manga is still continuos and hasn't reached the fourth yet? Aaahh.. I hope it doesn't end with only the fourth selection... It would be more fun if it continues on... I'm excited!! ;D

Cute moments? Amusement park?? More detailed scenes?  ~Hwaaa~  But before I read, I should finish the series.. haha.. this really amuses me to no end..  :haha:

You know, I'm really influenced by the anime coz now, I play the piano often... I tend to forget about music since I have to study, do papers and stuff... Somehow, playing makes me relax more..  I even downloaded some piano pieces of Chopin and Schubert so I can learn how to play them too... When I saw notes, I was like :o  ... "Fanstasie" sounds incredible but you also have to be incredible to play it.. Then I remembered how Tsuchiura played it.. I even downloaded the one he played when he was a kid (in the videotape)... For an elementary student to play that.. he has got to be one heck of a pianist..  ;D

Too bad I don't know a thing about violins.. I wanted to learn when I was a kid but I decided on piano instead..  :sweatdrop:

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #13 on: June 07 2007, 10:43 am »
Manga haven't reached the final selection.  However, there is a light to go beyong final selection because the game counter part do have a continuation.  It happened sometimes after the selection.

Yeah.... there was a lot of cute moments. but that part didn't appaer in the anime.  Everyone was looking forward for it.  (maybe the animator didn't have a chance to read that part ...)

That nice to hear you start playing again.  Ryoutaro's performance was so amazing.  I also downloaded the piano pieces but still figuring out how to play them. I always wonder why Ryoutaro's Etude was very gentle (the one he play with Hino during first selection) while his other performances were so thrilling....  BTW i have some of ryoutaro's performance. do you want them?

i also got an urge to play violin after listening to Hino and Tsukimori's performance.  I never imagine that violin can be that graceful.

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #14 on: June 09 2007, 01:45 am »
That would be really great if it didn't stop at the final selection.. It would be a shame if it ended there... And I think the mangaka won't let it end so quickly.. its just too soon..

Its really a shame that there are cute moments that the animator looked past.. but i guess thats the beauty of the manga.. It has more details to the story.. although it wouldn't hurt if they added more cute moments on the anime.. haha..  ;D

So you did see the piano pieces ryou played. I couldn't believe that he was able to play such pieces when he was an elementary student.. Of course, if you practiced hard enough you'd probably get it.. but still.. I stared at it for quite some time trying to shed some light on what I could play... I guess to be able to hear incredible music, you have to work incredibly hard for it... :D
I remembered the great musicians of the past... Do you know Beethoven's ninth symphony? Its a popular tune.. he composed it when he was already DEAF... When I found out about it, I couldn't help but be amazed.. Well, I just shared that bit of info.. although you might know it already..  :sweatdrop:

Violins can be graceful depending on the one who's playing.. I also had the urge to play too when I saw Tsukimori playing... It looks so cool and sounds great too! When I was little I wanted to have lessons but my mom said one at a time.. since I was playing the piano already, they didn't let be learn another one.. so sad.. but at least I was able to focus on something.. -_-

You have some of ryou's performances? Weeeee!! Sure!  ;D

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #15 on: June 10 2007, 06:43 pm »
Yeah... hope that the mangaka will continue the story after the final selection. and hopefully the animator will also make second season for this anime too.    *wishful thinking*

Both anime and manga has their plus and minus points.  In anime you can hear and enjoy the music while in manga these elements only exist in our mind.

Me too.... i did stared at the music sheet.... wondering how to play it..
Ryoutaro is a prodigy for being able to avhieve that level in such young age. 

OHH... Beethoven... he composed lots of great tunes despite with his hearing problem... I've seen that part in a movie ---"Immortal Beloved", Its a film about Beethoven's life story... i wonder if you've already seen it.

Etude in E major op.10 no 3 -- the music he played together with Hino in first selection
Chopin Fantasie-Impromptu in C-sharp minor, Op.66 ---- played in second selection
Waltz in D-flat major op.64 no 3
warning.... music beyond fansub's release ... so they are spoiler ...
etude in c minor op 10 no 12 - played in third selection
La Campanella - played in last selection

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #16 on: June 11 2007, 07:48 pm »
Wow!! Thanks a lot for the music!!  :haha:

I havn't seen Immortal Beloved.. So far, this is the first time I encountered that movie.. I read about it too.. I'm looking for a chance to watch it though.. I hope its nice..  :D

You're right about the plus and minus points about the manga and anime.. Although the manga may contain more details about the story, you can't hear the music they're playing unless you know the piece itself.. you can see how the people are impressed described by the drawings in the manga but its really different once you hear the music itself..

After remembering Beethoven's story, I wanted to look up the life stories of other musicians.. They really deserve to be called geniuses when you hear the music.. I can only play their music ..but when you think of making your own.. thats another story.. haha  :keke:

You know, this really is a nice manga since it promotes classical music.. and how beautiful their music is... I noticed that when other people hear "classical music".. they think its boring.. (although I don't know if you had the same experience :) )  Actually, I am more amazed by this than the modern music... its entirely on a different level..  ;D

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #17 on: June 11 2007, 09:02 pm »
you're welcome :)  I am glad that you like them. 

yeah... although anime skipped some cute part but the music itself is a big plus.  i am glad that the anime didn't just produced synthesizer- mixed music.  They hired true musician to play the piece and even examining the details on how they play it. 

i agree that reading life story of a composer is a good idea.  When you know the background story of a certain music, you'll be able to express it more accurately and appreciate its beauty.  This is what i believed so i often research about it. 

La Corda do has a purpose to let viewers appreciate classical music. i think they are pretty successful with this purpose... using bishie characters to attract girls, then educate them about classical music.   

i also loved classical music... although i listen to all genre, as long as its not noisy. 

BTW... episode 13 is out.  This part is getting exiciting....

Offline G_chaN

• Great Fan
  • Kyoru!! ^_^
« Reply #18 on: June 14 2007, 12:39 am »
Yeah! I just watched episode 13.. I wasn't able to watch it much since classes just started today.. How I missed summer days.. There are so many things to do now...  -_-

Hmmm... Yunoki's true character finally surfaced.. Things are getting more and more interesting.. especially since Hino has grown to love the violin and music... OOoo.. I can't wait to watch the following episodes...  :haha:

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #19 on: June 14 2007, 01:05 am »
actually... i admired Yunoki.... His act of showing his true self means Hino is someone special that he can trust and open his heart.   Next episode is very very cute.... Its Yunoki-centered episode....

Hope you'll have a great time in studying... Be sure have sometimes to relax yourself (like watching la corda) to enjoy school life to the fullest.