AuthorTopic: Elfen Lied  (Read 6746 times)

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
  • feel free to tag on my blog or add me on MSN^^
Elfen Lied
« on: January 22 2007, 10:24 pm »
RESTRICTED: FOR AGES 18 AND ABOVE.. due to nudity, gore and violence

Elfen Lied (エルフェンリート, Erufen Rīto?) is the title of a Japanese manga series and derivative anime originally created by Japanese author Lynn Okamoto. Elfen Lied focuses on a mysterious and deadly breed of horned humans called "diclonius", and the havoc they wreak upon humanity. The title Elfen Lied is German or Dutch for "Elf Song" (see Lied), and pronounced approximately [ˈɛlfən liːt], although the correct German spelling would be "Elfenlied".

Elfen Lied first began as a manga series, serialized in the magazine Weekly Young Jump and published in Japan by Shueisha, ending at the completion of the twelfth volume. An anime adaptation began airing in Japan on July 25, 2004 while the unfinished manga was still in production, causing the anime plot to differ somewhat from the manga. A bonus OVA episode was released on April 21, 2005 giving some more background information.

So far, only the original anime series spanning 13 episodes and the OVA have been licensed in the United States, by ADV Films. ADV Films said the series was one of their bestselling [1] and "most notorious" [2] releases of 2005.

[from wiki]

at first, i thought it was some anime about a random killing spree.. (yesh, blood was EVERYWHERE..) then finally i saw the depth of the anime in episode 2.. well, it can't take that long to get into the plot since it has only 13+1 episodes (1 for the OVA).. now i'm in love with it!!! i'm not a big gore/blood lover but this anime is really good..

nudity and voilence aside, it deals with humanity and the possibilty of a biological weapon wiping out the current human race and creating a perfect new one.. interesting isn't it?

siggie made by Moon-Li.. thanz lots! aikoi^^

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
Re: Elfen Lied
« Reply #1 on: January 24 2007, 01:27 am »
I saw this one a year ago. the 2nd half of the anime just rocked with all the drama and story and Lucy's childhood was so sad. the first half of the anime was very good as well but it really got going with Lucy's childhood.

(and when she slaughtered those bullying kids was very amusing to watch XDDD)

the OVA was pretty nice to as it showed how they captured Lucy and it gave some extra information, altough it made the story a little confusing i think....
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #2 on: January 31 2007, 06:47 pm »
hahax.. the OVA didn't show the time after the story ended.. it was somewhere between the 10 and 11 episode.. maybe that's why it's confusing coz it showed Kurama alive..

oh i LOOOVVVEE the blood splashing and killing.. XXDDD

i choose to believe that the figure at the door at the end of the anime is Nyuu.. and probably Lucy dead.. =)

anyone read the manga? i heard it's a different ending.. care to share?

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #3 on: January 31 2007, 07:22 pm »
http://www.illuminati-manga.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1022

this place has the manga chapters but i haven't read them yet
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

Offline Yummy Candy Bear

• Good Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 31 2007, 08:04 pm »
I LUV EFEN LIED! Especially Lucy. I like the way how she, an innocent sweet girl, was turned into a sadistic bloodthirsty killer. But I don't know why I find Nyuu a lil bit annoying somehow. ^^

oh i LOOOVVVEE the blood splashing and killing.. XXDDD

i choose to believe that the figure at the door at the end of the anime is Nyuu.. and probably Lucy dead.. =)

But aren't Nyuu and Lucy the same person with diff personalities? Hm...I'm confused. O_______o I really want to know who that girl is! Why don't they show some more scenes about her?

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #5 on: January 31 2007, 10:19 pm »
she means that she hopes that the personality of Nyuu is dead.
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #6 on: January 31 2007, 10:22 pm »
Kuro-puppy-> thanks!!!

yummy candy bear-> i love elfen lied too!! i love the song from the music box.. which is technically the opening theme but i like it in the music box version.. i spend an entire day to get that 25sec tune from a final version mix of lilium that someone created.. now it's my handphone message tone =)

it's possible to "kill" one of your spilt personalilties..

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline tsuki

• Dedicated Fan
  • I'm a seiyuu lover~
« Reply #7 on: January 31 2007, 10:37 pm »
wow!looks like this anime is interesting! >0<
but it is only FOR AGES 18 AND ABOVE.. due to nudity, gore and violence!!!
what the hell!!yeah,i know this is not suitable at my age(12 years) :p
but i really love horror anime/movies or anything horror & scary! >.<
so...should i watch this anime or not..? :sweatdrop:

Cursed Moon

Forum family

~Møon Li - Onee-san

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #8 on: January 31 2007, 11:20 pm »
wow!looks like this anime is interesting! >0<
but it is only FOR AGES 18 AND ABOVE.. due to nudity, gore and violence!!!
what the hell!!yeah,i know this is not suitable at my age(12 years) :p
but i really love horror anime/movies or anything horror & scary! >.<
so...should i watch this anime or not..? :sweatdrop:

I got quite a shock when i watched this but it's a great anime when the story starts to get going. I have uploaded them for the members of YnH. I can give you the megauploadlinks if ya want. I recommend watching it!
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Yummy Candy Bear

• Good Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 01 2007, 03:21 pm »
O_O I was just 13.5 when I first watched this awsome anime. ^^ You should check it out tsubasaHime. I don't know why the colour of Nana's hair is pink in anime ( or just becoz of my eyes) I prefer her black boy-ish hair in manga. The blonde-haired lil girl is the coolest! She has hm...50 arms right? It's a pity that she dies in the end. >< I don't like Kouta much. He's just a fool in my opinion.

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #10 on: February 01 2007, 06:45 pm »
i think Nana's hair is purple..

Kouta is just like Tohru of Fruits Basket.. too perfect, too good.. he just seems to untie the knot in everybody's heart and everything turns out well at the end of the day.. but i like his music box ^^

i strongly recommend watching this anime too!!

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Yummy Candy Bear

• Good Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 03 2007, 02:38 pm »
Tohru in Fruits Basket is much more cooler than Kouta. He just can't decide between Lucy and his childhood friend. -_- He is surely very cute and good as a child but not as a mature adult in my opinion. He's a pervert somehow LOL. ^^

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #12 on: February 07 2007, 02:18 am »
Kouta is indecisive, that i don't like about him but he's okay for the rest ^^

the only character i didn't like was that childhoodfriend of his (isn't she his niece or something...)
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Yummy Candy Bear

• Good Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 07 2007, 08:18 pm »
his niece? Nope I think she's his cousin ( but who can they like each other if they are cousins? Strange.)

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #14 on: February 07 2007, 11:47 pm »
his niece? Nope I think she's his cousin ( but who can they like each other if they are cousins? Strange.)

cousins can get married altough it happens very rarily in countries......i think...... Even in anime's it only appears very rarily.
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #15 on: February 08 2007, 12:14 am »
CousinxCousin often ccurs in chinese period dramas.. the parents feels that it's better to marry someone they know.. there is a chinese phrase to describe this.. it translates to something like (in terms of relationship) "getting closer and closer".. coz they transit from a cousin to couple relationship.. but it biological sense, it's not good.. coz it's a form of in-breeding and may lead to defects in the offsprings xD

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #16 on: February 08 2007, 01:30 am »
Lol! Have you all forgotten another so-called cousinxcousin pairing? (Meling and Syaoran)

Anyway, to be honest I was quite disappointed with this anime. But it's probably cause I had too much high expectations since it was practically the number two anime on AnimeNfo.com. I watched it hoping for a great storyline, but truth be told I was really disappointed with the story. The story just left me terribly confused. Who are this dicloniuses? Who are those people who contained them? HOW did they manage to contain them? Why are the male dicloniuses useless? What's their purpose then? Why keep these dicloniuses in the first place? What was the purpose of keeping them? Experimenting on them?

And though the blood and gore was a little hard to take in at first, I realized that it's probably because there's blood and gore that made this series popular. I have nothing against blood and gore, but I was hoping that the storyline would support it well enough to make it worthwhile. But sadly, I ended the series feeling like the blood and gore wasn't really necessary.

And then I couldn't take Kouta who is probably one of the very few anime characters I dislike. One moment, he loved his cousin, Yuka, and the next he loves Lucy. Sorry, but Kouta never convinced me as a good character.

And sorry, I find Nyu annoying. She makes me think of Chii from Chobits (probably because of the way they got their names and loss of memory). But at least Chii was bearable and her array of emotions were more touching. Nyu just came out annoying. I prefered Lucy a heck load better as she had more of a storyline, and her emotions and feelings not only supported by her experiences, but you just really feel for her.

This is just my take on the anime. I have no idea whether the manga explains much better and/or characterizes the characters better, in which I hope it does because I believe this series has potential. But the anime just didn't quite live up to it. That's my take anyway.

I do love the opening and ending songs though. I remember being obsessed looking for every version of "Lilium" and sang along to "Be your girl".

Favourite character? Hmm... Nana. That girl has a heart of gold.

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #17 on: February 09 2007, 08:38 pm »
Lol! Have you all forgotten another so-called cousinxcousin pairing? (Meling and Syaoran)

Anyway, to be honest I was quite disappointed with this anime. But it's probably cause I had too much high expectations since it was practically the number two anime on AnimeNfo.com. I watched it hoping for a great storyline, but truth be told I was really disappointed with the story. The story just left me terribly confused. Who are this dicloniuses? Who are those people who contained them? HOW did they manage to contain them? Why are the male dicloniuses useless? What's their purpose then? Why keep these dicloniuses in the first place? What was the purpose of keeping them? Experimenting on them?

ahh.. all those questions would be answered if you read the manga.. the manga shows more of the background and origin of this new species.. and exactly how they reproduce.. if you notice in the anime, dicloniuses just extend their vectors into the male humans head and their daughters turn out into dicloniuses.. it because they touch the pinal gland of the male human and implant something there.. ya all these are made clear in the manga.. do read it though the art isn't as nice as the anime's..

i like this series because of the way they prortray the evils of humanity..

plus! Syaoran belongs to Sakura!!!!!~~~ lalala

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline kite aya

« Reply #18 on: September 08 2007, 04:44 pm »
a must  watch anime. one of the best and unique anime i saw. although the anime is a bit rush. and the ending is an open ended. characters are all typical special koata. but lucy is enough to make the anime glow. ^_^

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • SHUT UP VOICES or i'll poke you with a Q-tip again
« Reply #19 on: September 24 2007, 10:13 am »
yeah proly cuz of the blood the serie was popular
but it was good anyway..
idk i love blood.. so i love the serie
-- i haven't read the manga cuz i don't like the artwork..-
but the manga has the rest of the story that wasn't showed in the anime

((siggy made my me.. be nice.. its the first shit i make that actually turns ok- ))