AuthorTopic: Blood+  (Read 3984 times)

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
  • feel free to tag on my blog or add me on MSN^^
Blood+
« on: December 05 2006, 10:45 pm »

Blood+ starts a few decades after the events of Blood: The Last Vampire. Under the care of her adoptive family, Saya Otonashi has been living the life of an anemic and amnesiac, but otherwise ordinary schoolgirl. However, Saya’s happy life is shattered to pieces when she is attacked by a chiroptera, and learns that she is the only one who can defeat them. Armed with her sword, Saya embarks on a journey with her family, allies and faithful servant, Haji, to rid the world of Chiroptera and rediscover her identity.

The series is initially set in present day (September 2005) Okinawa City (Koza), on Okinawa Island, near the US Kadena Air Base. In the course of the series, Saya visits many locales across the world, while fighting enemy chiropterans and searching for her origins.

[from wikipedia]

i love this anime!!!! Saya is soooo cool slaying monsters!!! i think i have a fretish for vampire plots.. and i LOVE the ending theme!!!..lol.. it has the manga version too but i haven't got hold of it.. any guys interested in this anime too?! but it has a rating of M.. meaning it's suitable for children above 16

siggie made by Moon-Li.. thanz lots! aikoi^^

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
Re: Blood+
« Reply #1 on: December 06 2006, 03:11 am »
haven't started watching the anime but been listening to its opening and ending themes including the OST by Mark Mancina.  My favorite blood theme song is "This Love " by Angela Aki.  i guess i have to start watching it in marathon ...

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #2 on: December 06 2006, 01:22 pm »
I've finished the anime, overall, it was fine.
I would encourage finishing the series if you're curious about it.

(I was just randomly surfing online, and I ran into this anime)

Offline Chang

• Dedicated Fan
  • yat yan sei gaai bui
« Reply #3 on: December 07 2006, 01:35 pm »
I've watched four episodes of it... it seems like a good storyline but I'm not THAT into it coz i'm not in the mood for action type animes. :P
I wonder what kind of fate awaits me?
I don't want to regret being born
There is courage inside my sadness
I believe I can grasp that radiance
The tears of the blue sky are pouring down
One day they'll change into smiles

Forum Family:
Tatasenko: my awesome sister ^_^

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #4 on: December 08 2006, 12:13 am »
i not very into action type either.. i'm a more shoujo kind but blood+ caught my attention bcoz it's vampire themed and the plot's really good!

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #5 on: December 10 2006, 07:22 am »
I've seen it. It was okay, I guess. But the problem is that the series doesn't really start to get interesting until episode... 15 or something. Reaching a wonderful climax around episode 22. Then slowly starts to go downhill again, with a few peaks in between, and then it reaches the beautiful ending.

Hagi/Haji was my favourite character, though I loved most of the 'chevalier' as well. I also developed a fondness for the journalist who appears briefly in the first episodes, but doesn't get a big role until later on. The character of Diva is done very nicely as well. Saya's brothers, on the other hand, I found extremely annoying. Just... UGH!
Saya's character was also portrayed very well. It's wonderful to see all the different faces she has, and to simply watch her evolve throughout the series. Though she still retains the doubt she had in the first episodes, it's nice to see how she continues to build up courage and motivation to fight.

The series had wonderful music, and a plot that could've been a bit better if it hadn't been portrayed so dull those first 15 episodes. I think that they needlessly extended the series to get more episodes, which is a real shame.

If you can't stand blood or slight gore, I wouldn't recommend this series. For examply, there's one scene where a guy's face gets ripped/bitten off, so... Yeah.
However, all the blood and other kinds of weird inflictions can also lead to sad scenes from time to time, where a character (even a minor one) dies and you plainly start to cry because of the sheer drama of the moment.

All in all, it was a good series, but not something that makes you go "AWESOME-O! Let's watch it again!"
That's my opinion, anyway.

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Chang

• Dedicated Fan
  • yat yan sei gaai bui
« Reply #6 on: December 10 2006, 09:22 am »
^ oh really? awwww that's a pity that the climax doesn't start til then coz i've only watched 4 episodes of it. ah wells.... lol, yeah when i watched the first episode i didn't kno what to expect (i didn't watch the blood movie) and then when i saw the opening i was like "OMG!!!! sooo much blood >_<" but it wasn't THAT bad.

Forum Family:

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #7 on: December 10 2006, 12:02 pm »
Meowzy, did you marathon it? I heard from my friend that it will lose its essence if you watch it too fast so i'm controlling myelf to only watch a episode or 2 per day. And yuppx.. i'm at the episode 15 climax now!! My favourite character is still Saya. I love her with her blade and her blood red eyes!!! and yesh, her brothers can be irritating but they are the only ones that can keep her from going mad now that her father's gone.

I'm not much into gore and blood but well it's ain't that gory as i thought it would be so i guess it was ok for me. I even thought that the sence when Saya was awaken for a brief moment in episode 13 was awesome!!! Especially when she sucked Haji's blood from the neck! >.<

oh my friend who has finished the entire series has watched it 5 times all over again! yesh, it's definitely something to watch over and over again

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline Chang

• Dedicated Fan
  • yat yan sei gaai bui
« Reply #8 on: December 10 2006, 01:02 pm »
^ WHOA!!! 5 times??? they must really like the anime...

Forum Family:

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #9 on: December 12 2006, 02:29 am »
Meowzy, did you marathon it? I heard from my friend that it will lose its essence if you watch it too fast so i'm controlling myelf to only watch a episode or 2 per day.

Nope, no marathon-ing. My computer can't download that quickly, so it was only like... 1 episode a day. ^^'

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Chang

• Dedicated Fan
  • yat yan sei gaai bui
« Reply #10 on: December 12 2006, 05:59 pm »
^ lol... that's what i do too... i only watch an episode a day coz my comp can't download that many.

Forum Family:

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #11 on: December 14 2006, 12:45 pm »
after checking the episode.... I agree that this is a type of anime that you can't watch it in marathon.  Allow your mind to rest and think a bit.

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #12 on: December 14 2006, 09:56 pm »
BLOOD+ LOVERS LOOK AT THIS!!!!

key to diva's dungeon

haji's dagger..

which one should i buy?!?!?! (don't say both coz i don't have that much $$)

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。