AuthorTopic: Has anyone felt discriminated against?  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Kazemon15

• Neku obessed! WEWY Rocks!. =3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Currently Digimon obessed. =3
Has anyone felt discriminated against?
« on: November 12 2006, 05:50 am »
I'm just curious....just what exactly is discrimination? I for one, know what it is all the way, being hard of hearing, ignored by hearing people, trying to seek help, yet have no success, since they find me, as labled always "deaf and dumb." It has been going on for more than 100 years. I have just learned from Chosenexiled, that he too, is hearing impaired, and even his own parents do not accept him. I feel bad that some of his topics, they think he's discriminating when only trying to clear something up.
Even teachers think of us as unsmart, putting us in lower level classes with lower education. An average hearing impaired teenager, sadly, has only a reading level that's about the 4th grade, because so many are ignored and ppl dont even bother. So our typing, as well as it might seem, may not always be clear, so sorry if we offended anyone. Just feels bad we're accused of something we're not due to our unclear typing.

So please, tell me your thoughts about how you feel discriminated and I'd be happy to read them.

Kurogane: My whole being exists for my master's sake;
my whole being belongs to my master.
I here vow to live by only that on my true name that none but my master knows.
KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
I am a member of Syaoran-Shrine group | TSubasa group
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Manga scan color artist found. < Click to see one scans
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline ChosenExiled

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
Re: Has anyone felt discriminated against?
« Reply #1 on: November 12 2006, 06:23 am »
Today.......I was just being discriminated....at least I thought I was.......By finding out my thread was locking because they assumed I was trying to start a fight but I was not.......I just had to ask........but.......sadly......no matter how kind they claimed to be.........they felt like lies to me now........they said they're nice, yet accuse me of being a racist when I was just stating my thoughts and asking...............No matter how kind people tend to be.........they're just pity or trying to get rid of you.........of course...........I'm just a deaf guy with sucky grammar.  I never want to be racist or sexist........but....now............you r so-called kindess...............make me thought of being one....

P.S. I guess it's true......like what Yuuko said........Words are frecious beasts..............And no one taught me how to use them because I'm deaf.

P.S.S.  I hope this topic is not locked because I was never taught how to use these words without offending anyone
A disabled person can make a claim against you if your website makes it impossible or unreasonably difficult to access information and services. If you have not made reasonable adjustments and cannot show that this failure is justified, then you may be liable under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA), UK, came into force in 1995, and may have to pay compensation and be ordered by a court to change your site.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #2 on: November 12 2006, 07:30 am »
Kazemon15/ChosenExiled: I'm sorry you seem to be having some problems, but I think it's in your and the forums best interests to review the rules here.

Political discussions are not permitted.

Do Not Post or Request Sensitive Information
Posting sensitive information about another member without his/her consent is prohibited.
In fact, we prefer that members keep their sensitive information private. It's best that you do not reveal it publicly in the forums.

Register Only One Username
You should not register more than once because there's no good reason to do that.

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 12 2006, 07:31 am »
My suggestion is that if you feel that there's a problem with another member here, contact a moderator or administrator and it will be investigated. I don't think a topic on discrimination pointing out the problem with threads here is the answer.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!