AuthorTopic: Harry Potter (Beware of Spoilers!)  (Read 105150 times)

Offline Sya0ran

• :: You're my Paradise ::
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
Harry Potter (Beware of Spoilers!)
« on: April 23 2005, 11:13 am »
OMG, besides me being addicted to Anime and Manga I also LOVE Harry Potter!   :wink:  My favorite coupling is Harry/Hermione but I also love Ron/Hermione.  I'm actually into practically every couple out there. o.O;  I'm very open-minded about couples, I guess I have no favorite.  lol

You guys excited about the 6th book and the 4th movie?!  Its got me all jittery and excited.  [swoons over Daniel Radcliffe picture on wall] 
Mhm..hottie.  We shall be together at the premiere my love.  XD  Oh, one fun fact about me that links me to one of the cast members in Harry Potter is that me and Emma Watson (girl who plays Hermione! ;P) have the same bday...April 15th!  Cool ne?   :heh:

[EDIT: Changed the title to warn people about possible spoilers...]
« Last Edit: July 27 2005, 03:53 pm by Arcademan/PixieP »
"I am totally happy and not dangerous mostly."

Forum Family
Little Sis:  Babypigggy <3

Zephora.Net | Amourae.Com | TRC Fansite | SasuSaku Shrine | Myspace | Fanfics

Offline .::ka::.

• "HUmp!" like Kuro-tan XD
  • Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #1 on: April 23 2005, 03:18 pm »
Woooh ! I love HarryxHermione too ^^ And really hope that they could be together :D
I love Emma ^^ She's so cute... :o You have the same birthday of her ^^ Wow....
- Starting from here - Let's make a promise - You and me - Let's just be honest -
Kurogane is <3

My Precious <~ down for a while >___>  | My Journal
Forum Family
My lovely little sis XD Kai Mizuki [/i] & Aya-chan[/i]

Offline Tune

• i want a simple and easygoing life~
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #2 on: April 23 2005, 07:46 pm »
i'm not really interested in the coupling and all but i like all the sorcery in the story and stuff~ i already pre-ordered the 6th book mths ago~~

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #3 on: April 23 2005, 08:16 pm »
I like the movies (waiting for number 4), but haven't read the books (can't be bothered)
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #4 on: April 23 2005, 08:29 pm »
though i thought the books are nicer (better) than the movie...

i felt that movie 1 was nice *definatly...i went...waaaaaaaa.....*, movie 2 was ok but not as surprising though the story was darker, movie 3 was the downhill portion...the story seemed..rushed and i felt that i've been conned of my money to pay for the ticket~ :P hope movie 4 picks up the pieces though~~

the books are certainly more detailed and i'd say that they were worth every cent~~(xcept for hardcover book 4 coz the 1st few chapter were mostly bout the qudditch games thats all), though books get yellowish and stuff~ :P

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #5 on: April 23 2005, 08:32 pm »
Out here in Aus:

Movie 1 was rating the worst (due to its introductry style)
Movie 2: was ok
Movie 3: really hit it off

Honestly I like Movie 3 the best so-far :D

and about the books/movie, they are true different mediums, the director of movie 3 said in order to remain true the movies would
have to be 16 hours long (imagine that - I can barely stand a 2 and a half hour movie)
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)

Offline ani

• A Syaoran Fangirl .. ^___~
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 23 2005, 08:37 pm »
i like the books better than the movies.. :P HP and PoA [prisoner of azkaban] was really disappointing.. :(
i am however waiting and hoping that the GoF movie is better and that Jo doesn't kill my favorites in the 6th book..  The books are sooo much more better than the movies.. :P more details! like Peeves.. I wanted peeves in the movies.. *sniffles*

i'm like a mixed shipper fan but i like Draco / Hermione best.. :P I like.. Hemrione/Ron, Hermione/Harry, Ron/Luna,  Ginny/Harry and Hermione/Draco.. tehehe.. :P

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #7 on: April 23 2005, 08:37 pm »
maybe i compared movie 3 to the book too much~ :P thats y it didnt seemed satisfactory to me...though any1 has any ideas bout the 6th book: the half-blood prince? the title seems to be a change in style~ :P

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #8 on: April 23 2005, 08:38 pm »
i like the books better than the movies.. :P HP and PoA [prisoner of azkaban] was really disappointing

and about the books/movie, they are two completly different mediums, the director of movie 3 said in order to remain true the movies would
have to be 16 hours long.

Honestly, most people just don't get that, when making judgements about movies *based* (remember the movies are based) on books.

Offline ani

• A Syaoran Fangirl .. ^___~
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 23 2005, 08:45 pm »
the 3rd movie didn't mention much about james and the maurader's names or such.. if i didn't read the book after the thrid movie i wouldn't have understood it much..

also .. it was a comletely different setting to the other two.. i think that's why i didn't like it most.. the previous settings were familiar to me already.. :P

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #10 on: April 23 2005, 09:05 pm »
Yay! I've been waiting for someone to make an HP topic here... :D

Anyway, I'm with SLi on this. I think the 3rd movie is really the best of them all YET! The first one, I admit.. I was just too happy to see it as a movie so I forced myself to enjoy it but truthfully it was not really good. The second one's not any different from the first. I think I hear more HP fans angry with Chris Columbus (director of the first 2 movies) because he practically ruined the series. Now I understand that you can't have everything in the movie. I prefer the third movie because it's fast-paced and has more action. The first two had moments where I almost fell asleep...

And yes! I'm waiting for HBP too... I haven't reserved a copy yet because my favorite bookstore doesn't have it available for pre-order yet. :keke:

And of course.. no movie adaptation will ever beat the book no matter how hard they try. I'm sure of that!  :okay:

-edit-
oh yes, I've forgotten to mention.. even though I think the 3rd movie's the best, I still don't understand why they have left out the part about the story behind the Marauder's Map. It would have been funnier if we have seen these words in the map:
"..keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business."
and
"...that a git like that ever became a teacher."  :rotfl:

Offline Sya0ran

• :: You're my Paradise ::
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #11 on: April 24 2005, 01:16 am »
I so agree with you all.  I really don't like the movies, they didn't exactly portray the oiginal storyline of Harry Potter.  The movies are fie I guess, its nice seeing the characters all lively and such.  ^^

1st Movie: Sorcerer's (Philosopher) Stone - I love this movie, its completely original and follows the same plotline as HP. However, I can manage watching this again if Hermione (Emma) could've just done something about her overly bushy hair!   :shifty:  XDD
2nd Movie: Chamber of Secrets - It was okay and its obvious the cast members had gone through puberty around this time.  lol  The actor's looked hott and overall, I loved it.
3rd Movie: Prisoner of Azkaban - Mhm.  This movie I have issues with.  It annoys me that the director's completely chose different scenes and that it wasn't nearly as faithful as the first and second movies.  It was fine though, I mean litererally.  You guys see Daniel and Rupert?  BAM.  All grown up...xPP  It has more action though so its cool as Little Wolf said.  =]  I didn't like the parrt where Harry cried, that was never part of the original storyline.  o.O;

Uh-huh.  ^^  Hey, it could've been longer. [cough]    :sweatdrop:   I reserved a copy and now have the magical special ticket you get when you reserve HPB!!  [flashes ticket]  xDD  Yes, the books are waaaay better than the movies.  ^^;  I especially love GoF and OotP!!!   
I love GoF because it has a ball and LOTS of cool action (and Viktor Krum...*fantasizes*)  lol

But, I love OotP because Harry changed.  Oh come on, tell me you wouldn't change after all that Harry had gone through.  I also personally think he got closer to Hermione.  Dude, he totally...err...don't wanna spoil it but oh well then I guess.  >>;  Harry would rather hang out with Hermione than Cho.  Harry and Cho kisses to!!   :angry:

Yes, I also have issues with her.  She irks me so..[clenches fist]  Yup, the marauder's map scene would've been hiilarious!!  XD I swear...I'd probably fall out of my chair and cry...with laughter.   :heh:   Oh yes, just wanted to mention how insane and addicted I am to Harry Potter.  I nicknamed Snape...don't get disguisted now.  Don't worry, I was all hyper when I did think  (the whole class knew that. XD)  I nicknamed him Snapelicious Deliciousness... :XD:
"I am totally happy and not dangerous mostly."

Forum Family
Little Sis:  Babypigggy <3

Zephora.Net | Amourae.Com | TRC Fansite | SasuSaku Shrine | Myspace | Fanfics

Offline Pure Heart

• ~I want to be with you all my life~
  • Great Fan
  • Vive tsubasa reservoir Chronicle^-^
« Reply #12 on: April 24 2005, 01:20 am »
I was a fan, but when i saw the third movie, i was O_o
I just don't like it, but the first one was really good, it introduced wll the magic world, loll
I always wanted to show you my feelings, but i never get the courage before...

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #13 on: April 24 2005, 02:15 am »
I also like to note that the 3rd movie had the best ending so far... The first two movies ended the usual way of leaving the train which was just sort of already cliche and  :snore:

While the third one had a much, much better ending than those two.  :greengrin:

So far, my fave Harry Potter book would be OOTP. My least fave now is...the first book.  :dodge:

And by the way, I don't really consider myself a really HUGE HP fan now.. I used to be really crazy at it but during the long wait in between book releases, I get myself busy on other things. So, I only become a BIG HP fan when there's a new book already or a new movie.  :D

Offline Xiao Ying

• spell love? s-y-a-o-r-a-n..
  • Big Fan
  • I love SYAORAN..
« Reply #14 on: April 24 2005, 02:20 am »
same here.. I haven't read any books yet (lazy young meh!).. i love the movies! ^_^ *huggles "young" Daniel*

"Even if I do lose this feeling... I'll just fall in love with you again..."  - Syaoran-kun

"I'm just a kid.. and I have hardly any magic.. I always sleep in and I hate math.. I can't do anything right!"  - Sakura

Typical?

can you believe that i'm in love with an anime character?? - Xiao Ying

What will you do if suddenly the most precious person in your life wakes up and asks you "Who are you?".........ouch!

Offline Pure Heart

• ~I want to be with you all my life~
  • Great Fan
  • Vive tsubasa reservoir Chronicle^-^
« Reply #15 on: April 24 2005, 04:06 am »
i read 1 to 4, i have the 5 but i don,t have time to read, and it's don't interest me to read it also ^o^
I always wanted to show you my feelings, but i never get the courage before...

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #16 on: April 24 2005, 10:41 am »
1st movie: :keke:
2nd movie: :keke:
3rd movie: -_-

That pretty much summarises them up for me. Heard there was gonna be a preview of GoF soon. You can get all sort of news here:

http://www.mugglenet.com

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #17 on: April 26 2005, 01:20 am »
hehe.. i read all the books.. but just dont like the beginning of book 5.. its like showing the dark side of Harry.. but overall i love both books and movies! i wish the movie could be longer..

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #18 on: April 26 2005, 04:21 am »
I like the movies (waiting for number 4), but haven't read the books (can't be bothered)

exactly !! and yea i like the third movie the best XD
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Mirror

« Reply #19 on: April 26 2005, 04:44 am »
Ooh!  Another addiction of mine!  *wears her Azkaban prison shirt proudly*

The third has to be my favorite book and movie, though...  I absolutely love Lupin and Sirius, and you get to meet them both.   And Snape is there, of course.  Snape...  X3  Witness the Snapey happiness.

But I definitely recommend reading the books... they are much better than the movies, even though the movies are pretty ruddy good.  They are also very easy reads since they are written on such a low reading level.

Anyway, my favorite coupling would have to be Lupin/Snape...  Odd, I know, but the best HP fanfics I've ever read have been based on those two.
Vincent Valentine: I have nothing to say.
Yuffie Kisaragi: That's okay, it was probably depressing anyway.