AuthorTopic: Shaman King!  (Read 8406 times)

Offline twilight_star

• New Fan
  • I love the way i am :D
Shaman King!
« on: September 25 2006, 12:11 am »
I just love this anime! I think it's really cool how they made the anime based on Spirits. Does anyone else like it???

No one can predict the future or decide it's fate...the best thing to do is beleive...

Offline kudan

• Warning: Username prone to changes. For user's safety, please use "kudan".
  • "A True Fan"
Re: Shaman King!
« Reply #1 on: September 25 2006, 12:16 am »
Me! x3 (Remembered that I once created a similar thread last year on this forums, now I can't find it. xD;) Favourite character's Hao, I think he is much cooler than Yoh. :heh:
Ack! no matching sig. x_x
Avie done by Evercool-san from livejournal
http://www.yourfreespace.net/users/kudan/
LJ (Only thing left not set up - a personalised set of mood icons)
Forum Family
futago-chan: charcoalz
lil sister of DOOM: Zeldi-chan. XD
itoko-chan: Okamirei, SailorYue
imouto-chan: Møon Li
onii-san: Kuri-san
ane-san: Kairi (Ashlee), -=kuro_woof=-, ~Emethyst~<br />Master: Elysia Silvermoon (Firey)
Nightmare City
Nightmare City -Catastrophe-

Offline Ochibi

• Good Fan
  • Live like it's your last day!
« Reply #2 on: September 25 2006, 02:12 am »
yeah!LOL, me too..screw Yoh..LO..JK~
~*Mada Mada Dane*~
turn into

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
  • It is indeed the most delightful way.
« Reply #3 on: September 25 2006, 02:32 am »
FAUSTFAUSTFAUSTFAUSTFAUSTFAUSTFAUST

Me = manga fan though. Ugh, no matter how much I love Takehito Koyasu I hate how they made him look and move in the anime.
Designated signature consumed by lack of creativity. Please stand by.

I support evil!Syaoran/Fay. Eye loss = OTP. CLAMP hath decreed it. (I'm kidding, people.)

Offline twilight_star

• New Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 25 2006, 02:46 am »
There are about 30 something mangas aren't there? Only about 9 were translated I think, what a bummer :(
Anyway I like Anna cause she's cool! :)

No one can predict the future or decide it's fate...the best thing to do is beleive...

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 25 2006, 03:08 am »
There were 32. It's on indefinite hiatus at the moment, sadly, considering where they're at in the story.

But er, only nine were translated because that's how slowly Viz is going. I read scanlations.

I support evil!Syaoran/Fay. Eye loss = OTP. CLAMP hath decreed it. (I'm kidding, people.)

Offline Renaya

• Obsessed Fan
  • everything about ayaness ~~
« Reply #6 on: September 25 2006, 09:24 am »
uhmm....I like the protagoninst, Hao (Asakura), I know he's evil, but still he 's so cool XD

"Hear my silent prayer.....Heed my quiet call
When the Dark and Blue surround you...Step into my sight
Look inside the Light...You will know that I have found you"
from Dreamcatcher by Secret Garden

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 25 2006, 09:35 am »
Me! x3 (Remembered that I once created a similar thread last year on this forums, now I can't find it. xD;) Favourite character's Hao, I think he is much cooler than Yoh. :heh:

The thread was retired and from what I hear, the search function here hasn't been the best as of late.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline twilight_star

• New Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 25 2006, 10:13 pm »
sorry to hear that, anyways at least theres another thread for it :)

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #9 on: September 26 2006, 02:39 am »
i've seen it long ago.  I love spirit theme anime... that's why...
my favorite character is Faust...  He is kinda unique.

Offline twilight_star

• New Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 26 2006, 10:05 pm »
I like Horro Horro and Ren better. Faust kinda scares me for some reason...

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 27 2006, 01:29 pm »
Bleh, Faust is only scary during the 8+ chapters he first shows up in (which happen to be my favorite chapters in the entire manga). He gets really lame ch. 110 onward. Like seriously lame. Ice Men battle = Faust fan's worst nightmare. (EWW FRANKENLIZA)

I really hope Mankin eventually continues, though it doesn't look like it (I want that mikan to mean something!). I mean, like, meh. Anyone who's read up to the end will probably know why I want it to continue.

Offline twilight_star

• New Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 27 2006, 08:20 pm »
I haven't read the manga so I don't know what happens but I'm watching the anime on Youtube:)

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 02 2006, 02:23 am »
I haven't read the manga so I don't know what happens but I'm watching the anime on Youtube:)
The anime's ending is LOADS different holy crap. After about 25 episodes or so they started deviating from the manga because it was getting too mature for their target audience (they had already cut out quite a bit of the violence and such), so the anime made up its own ending and the manga continued on after it concluded. Like I said, I rather dislike the anime because they really changed Faust a lot. *sad face*

Offline Miescha Clayre

• Future owner of all of CLAMP works!!!
  • Big Fan
  • Together Forever; A promise we made... Eien ni...
« Reply #14 on: October 02 2006, 02:55 am »
Ah well... I'm not going to criticize the anime because that's where I discovered SK but I'd say that if you'ved watch the anime then I recommend you read the manga... I'm in the middle of reading it right now (I've just finished the OR saga!!! KAWAII!!!! :inlove:)... :hello2:

VIZ edits the manga before they release it because there are some things that they consider that is not for the public to see... I prefer the scanlations rather than VIZ though I'll buy it (when I can get hold of it) just to support Takei-sensei..... :sweatdrop:
Fate is a funny thing, it can always surprise you somehow. Just when you thought everything in your world is fantastic and wonderful. It would turn your world into a nightmare the next morning you woke up. Just when you thought you world was ending, turning upside down. Fate will put someone special into your life and guide you through the darkness when you were lost. Cheer you up when you are in despair. - from the fafiction "A Crazy thing called Love." by Aisaki Sumi

There is not such thing as coincidences just hitsuzen - Clow Reed from Card Captor Sakura and Yuuko from XXXHolic/Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

Expect the unexpected - Keroberos from Card Captor Sakura

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 02 2006, 11:14 am »
Osorezon Revoir is awesome, isn't it? I think that and the "Ren incident" is when the anime officially split off.

But ignore me and my SK anime hate. I tend to criticize any anime based on manga I like unless I'm genuinely pleased with it. I do that with movies based on books too. So yes.

Offline Miescha Clayre

• Future owner of all of CLAMP works!!!
  • Big Fan
  • Together Forever; A promise we made... Eien ni...
« Reply #16 on: October 03 2006, 09:13 am »
Yeah everybody points out that the 'Tao En Saga' was the breaking off point between the anime and the manga...

Hehehe... I beginning to be like that too... specially if I've read it first before I watch it...
Fate is a funny thing, it can always surprise you somehow. Just when you thought everything in your world is fantastic and wonderful. It would turn your world into a nightmare the next morning you woke up. Just when you thought you world was ending, turning upside down. Fate will put someone special into your life and guide you through the darkness when you were lost. Cheer you up when you are in despair. - from the fafiction "A Crazy thing called Love." by Aisaki Sumi

There is not such thing as coincidences just hitsuzen - Clow Reed from Card Captor Sakura and Yuuko from XXXHolic/Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle

Expect the unexpected - Keroberos from Card Captor Sakura

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #17 on: October 03 2006, 09:29 am »
i watched most of shaman king via the (somewhat lousy) dub. but for soem reason i never got to se the last 10 episodes...i dont think 4kids ever aired them in the us...[ ican see why theyd be sensored from a sat. morn block] O.O]
 theyre on youtube...i still have @7-8 left to see.. the kast one i saw was i thnk
Show content
when the king of spirits sucked everybody inside itself? : :foncused:
i goota see the last episodes -_-;;;
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Spoonful

• New Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 03 2006, 12:30 pm »
Yeah everybody points out that the 'Tao En Saga' was the breaking off point between the anime and the manga...
I don't think it was. They followed it for a while after that, actually, I'm pretty sure (I've only seen a couple episodes of the anime: the Faust ones and the final four; most of my anime info I got from word-of-mouth). The "Ren incident" to which I was referring was when
Show content
he got stabnated like whoa by these guys whom I don't remember the names of.
I don't really make an effort to follow Mankin all that closely. I'm mostly in it for Faust and the crack, courtesy of Ryu.

Offline marielaure

• Judge
  • Great Fan
  • "I promised to protect you,so don't cry"
« Reply #19 on: October 05 2006, 12:02 am »
I've seen the anime one year ago...I decided then to read the manga.Seems like no one  really like Yoh...Well,I do!But I really like Amidamaru and Anna too.The three are soooo cool!! :okay:
Does anyone know where I can download the english version of "Over soul"?
If you know ,please tell me :cry:
« Last Edit: October 05 2006, 05:27 am by marielaure »

Who said vampires aren't cool?!