AuthorTopic: The Remember Hideki Campaign  (Read 68288 times)

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
Re: The Remember Hideki Campaign
« Reply #80 on: September 17 2006, 09:01 am »
Maybe Fai still rememers Ashura-ou, but Ithink that now he likes Kurogane.

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #81 on: September 17 2006, 09:03 am »
Personally, I think Ashura-ouxFye makes a lot of logical sense, too and so does KuroganexTomoyo but that's another whole different topic. I'm still not entirely convinced about KuroganexFye, I think it's quite obvious that Fye still loves Ashura-ou.

Having read parts of RGVeda...I'm not sure about AshuraXFai. Possibly more hero worship. I am entirely convinced on the subject of KuroFai, especially given the latest chapters and hints Clamp have smacked throughout the manga...*sigh* I love that pairing. It's been a long time since I've liked a pairing so much.

Honestly? I don't entirely get KuroganeXTomoyo, as it seems a little OOC for both of them...especially given Tomoyo's personality in CCS...but, each to their own. I have nothing against the pairing personally, it just confuses me. As I said, each to their own. >> We're all united against the lack of logical thought that is FaiChi anyway.

...Why? I don't get it. *clings to HidekiXChi*

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #82 on: September 17 2006, 09:08 am »
Added you to the list, unglued. Thank you for joining. ^^ I can't take full credit for the idea - half of it goes to Becster, my co-founder.

My opinion is that both KuroFai and Fai/Ashura-ou make sense within canon as we currently know it. A lot of the more recent chapters have convinced me that KuroFai is fairly canon, but I think I'll always prefer Fai/Ashura-ou, and be more interested in that relationship. Fai/Chii of course makes no sense, for reasons we have enumerated. Chii's special person is Hideki, that is how things work in CLAMP, end of story.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #83 on: September 17 2006, 09:13 am »
Personally, I think Ashura-ouxFye makes a lot of logical sense, too and so does KuroganexTomoyo but that's another whole different topic. I'm still not entirely convinced about KuroganexFye, I think it's quite obvious that Fye still loves Ashura-ou.
Yeah, I think Ashura/Fai makes sense too. I think Fai was/is in love with Ashura but that Ashura never really loved him back.

As for KuroFai... xd Well, to each his/her own. But you know, even if Fai is still in love with Ashura to an extent, that doesn't mean he isn't in love with Kurogane. In the end, whether Fai loves Ashura or not, he turned his back on him and betrayed him.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #84 on: September 17 2006, 09:14 am »
Each to their own opinion...

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #85 on: September 17 2006, 09:23 am »
Having read parts of RGVeda...I'm not sure about AshuraXFai. Possibly more hero worship. I am entirely convinced on the subject of KuroFai, especially given the latest chapters and hints Clamp have smacked throughout the manga...*sigh* I love that pairing. It's been a long time since I've liked a pairing so much.

That explanation of Fai and Ashura-ou's relationship also makes sense to me, though I think there's something more personal, or closer than that in Fai's reactions to Ashura-ou - hero-worship makes me think of how Yasha viewed Ashura-ou in RG Veda. But speculating on the AshuFai is a rather fruitless endeavor as we have almost no leads.

Yeah, I think Ashura/Fai makes sense too. I think Fai was/is in love with Ashura but that Ashura never really loved him back.

As for KuroFai... xd Well, to each his/her own. But you know, even if Fai is still in love with Ashura to an extent, that doesn't mean he isn't in love with Kurogane. In the end, whether Fai loves Ashura or not, he turned his back on him and betrayed him.

Ashura-ou's feelings about Fai intrigue me - I don't know what kind of sentiment it would take to get Ashura-ou, of all people, to chase one across dimensions. Or at least have one convinced that he would go to such measures. Maybe it's all in Fai's mind, and Ashura-ou won't come after him, but Fai has convinced himself otherwise for some reason. We don't know.

True. To each his/her own, and it's not like the two pairs have to be mutually exclusive.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline unglued

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #86 on: September 17 2006, 09:42 am »
Capella: nice to meet another Ashura-ouxFye fan! I also prefer them over KuroganexFye, who I cannot see as a romantic pair. I think they are clearly very close friends but nothing more. I really can't wait to read Fye's backstory!

Unfortunetly, I haven't read RG Veda. I was gonna purchase the first volume a couple of days ago ,but I only had money for The Scarlett Letter, which I needed for school.  :sad5:

Becster: I do see KuroganexTomoyo working. I won't state why here because this topic has nothing to do with KuroganexTomoyo but I also think it's fairly obvious that Kurogane has a crush on Tomoyo. But stil, the point of this thread is that FyexChi has no chances of happening and that it's HidekixChi all the way!

Seriously, it bothers me so bad when some of the HidekixChi fans go on and on about how Hideki doesn't deserve her because he's ugly and clumsy and Fye deserves her more because he's so hot! Ugh, wow.
Kurogane 's Tomoyo

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #87 on: September 17 2006, 09:47 am »
my opinion for fay:ashura is that it mostlikly didnt end well. ashura probably did something that made fay deathly afraid of him. hell, even the mere mention of ashrua makes fai go pale. tho IMO, those fics where ashura is fai's abuser etc...i really dont think it was THAT sinister. dark, but not THAT dark.

we really need his backstory to truely understnd it,
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #88 on: September 17 2006, 09:55 am »
I definitely think there was something deep between Fai and Ashura, whether or not that something was romantic love could be debated, but I think it's a clear possibility. Their relationship has a lot of room for speculation right now, as far as I see it.

One, we know that Fai is running away from Ashura, but while this implies that he fears him (as is further proven by his reaction to his name in Sharano) it does not necessarily mean hatred or even, really, that Ashura did something bad. In fact, Fai wishes Ashura sweet dreams before he leaves, which is definitely an affectionate gesture.

I haven't read much of RG Veda, but as it's been said, Ashura really didn't seem to care for much besides his son. So thje fact that Fai seems to think Ashura will chase him is perhaps significant. Why would he?

The two most popular theories seem to be that he needs him for some reason, or he *wants* him for some reason. I don't think he's intending to kill him, but I don't think whatever he has in store for Fai will be easy to deal with since Fai is running away.

There's still the matter of all the dead bodies, which could imply that Fai and Ashura had a violent confrontation, or it could mean nothing. The fact that Fai wishes to never see Ashura again and wants to get away to a place "without" Ashura is an odd reaction to have to someone, I think. Not hostility, not a desire to defeat or get rid of Ashura or harm him in any way, just to get away from him. Personally, while it doesn't mean that one of them betrayed the other, Fai's reaction to him reminds me of someone who was betrayed.

I don't like to think of Ashura betraying Fai, or Fai betraying Ashura, but Fai is acting how I acted when I was betrayed by someone close to me. I didn't want them hurt, I just wanted to get *away* from them and never look at them again. Though, really, just because *I* felt that way doesn't mean it's the same with Fai since he's, well, a manga character and everyone reacts in different ways.

Anyway. Personally I think Kurogane/Fai is going to be the Fai-pairing in the end, especially the way their relationship is being developed in recent chapters, but as everyone's been saying, it's just an opinion. I still think that there's a large possibility of Ashura/Fai becoming canon, but I don't consider it canon juuust yet. Though I am a believer that they did have a deep, non-violent relationship.

As for KuroTomo, I agree with Becster. I personally don't see *any* romantic chemistry between them at all, but I do agree they love each other. I just don't think that they care for each other in a romantic way. Though, yes, that's just my opinion as well.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #89 on: September 17 2006, 10:21 am »
I also like Fai/Ashura-ou; one of the main reasons I want Fai's past so badly is to find out just what their relationship was like.

However the thing to remember about that pairing is that they're history; Fai has moved on.  There's no doubt in my mind about Fai's feelings for Kurogane and on the flip side, Kurogane's feelings for Fai (although I doubt if Kuro-pin would ever admit it, lol).
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #90 on: September 17 2006, 10:31 am »
Emiko, I agree with you 100%. There are a lot of different possibilities for Fai and Ashura-ou's relationship, but you described it all better than I could. Kudos!
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #91 on: September 17 2006, 10:48 am »
Emiko, I agree with you 100%. There are a lot of different possibilities for Fai and Ashura-ou's relationship, but you described it all better than I could. Kudos!

Hehe, thanks.

And I agree with Rekall about Ashura being Fai's past. I think the a major point of Tsubasa is that people change, and while he may have been in love with Ashura, it doesn't mean that he will always be in love with him, or that he can't love anyone else. Furthermore, has anyone noticed the Tomoyo/Ashura parallels in regards to Kurogane and Fai? Kuro and Fai both served someone who, one way or another, drove them away.

Now, what that means is up for debate, but personally I agree with Rekall in saying that Ashura is in Fai's past, just as Tomoyo is in Kuro's. It doesn't mean that either of them care any less for their respective masters, but then we really need to know more about Fai's past before we can *really* explore that AshuraFai/TomoyoKurogane idea. I just thought I'd bring it up, though, since I find it interesting.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline unglued

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #92 on: September 17 2006, 11:49 am »
Furthermore, has anyone noticed the Tomoyo/Ashura parallels in regards to Kurogane and Fai? Kuro and Fai both served someone who, one way or another, drove them away.

But that example also works for us KuroganexTomoyo/FyexAshure fans! It's another parellel: the three male protagonists all falling in love with someone of higher ranks!

We really need some Fye backstory ASAP! I think that's the reason I'm so annoyed with the X world, and I'm hoping Sakura's mission doesn't last that long! We need to move to the next world and get Fye's backstory!  :sleepy5:
Kurogane 's Tomoyo

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #93 on: September 17 2006, 01:05 pm »
My fingers are crossed that while Sakura is on her mission, it'll keep on jumping back and forth between what she's doing and what's going on with the others because now would be the perfect time to hear Fay's backstory.

I mean they can't do anything until she returns (unless Seishirou finally shows up), Fay's weak right now and I imagine tormented by his sudden change; plus he and Kuro-tan have to spend a lot of time together due to the feedings, which I imagine is going to be fairly private as not a lot of people would want to watch (although Fuuma might, simply to see if he could pick up new ways of seducing Kamui ^_~).  I can see him finally telling Kuro his story, especially since it was an issue before the whole mess with Clonie started and it's related to why Fay didn't care if he died.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #94 on: September 17 2006, 08:04 pm »
Anyway. Personally I think Kurogane/Fai is going to be the Fai-pairing in the end, especially the way their relationship is being developed in recent chapters, but as everyone's been saying, it's just an opinion. I still think that there's a large possibility of Ashura/Fai becoming canon, but I don't consider it canon juuust yet. Though I am a believer that they did have a deep, non-violent relationship.

As for KuroTomo, I agree with Becster. I personally don't see *any* romantic chemistry between them at all, but I do agree they love each other. I just don't think that they care for each other in a romantic way. Though, yes, that's just my opinion as well.

One of the main themes of Tsubasa is change, so I believe that either way, Kurogane and Fai will have changed and moved on. Personally, I don't believe Kurogane harboured any romantic feelings for Tomoyo, but I do believe he cares for her (in his own stubborn ninja way XD), but even if he did have feelings for her, he's been sent away with the whole idea of change in mind; Finding a true reason to fight, or person to fight for, and to quell his blood lust. If Kurogane and Tomoyo had loved each other, I believe she wouldn't've had to send him away because he would've been willing to change for her. But he didn't, so she had to send him away.

Same with Fai, he's moving on, and it's been proven how much he's changed. Even if he did love Ashura before (I'm still not sure on that, but I agree they had a deep relationship), he's changed and moved on. I don't think he'd love Ashura anymore now...

But, sliding back on topic: What I don't like is the fact that Hideki is completely disregarded in the FaiChi pairing. I don't know a thing about Angelic Layer, but when Kaede and Sai popped up in Tsubasa I did a little check on them and their series to see if there was any background information. It's not that difficult to do...Chi is already canonly paired with Hideki, and it's a very popular pairing (hell, I love it.) so why would Clamp suddenly change it? It's not going to happen, and I really like Hideki as a character so it's sad to see him completely forgotten in favour of character Chi will never be with...

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Tricky

• New Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 19 2006, 02:05 pm »
I would like to join as well. Chii certainly doesn't belong with Fai..in a love-love way, I mean. ...what do I do?
You are special to me. Let me be your Kage-nie.

Offline Capella

• Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #96 on: September 19 2006, 09:15 pm »
I would like to join as well. Chii certainly doesn't belong with Fai..in a love-love way, I mean. ...what do I do?

You're in! Thanks for joining! I'll just add you to the list, now. If you want, you can put the banner in your sig., or just a line of text like "Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign" (a number of members have that), or something else. You don't have to if you don't want to, though.
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Tricky

• New Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 20 2006, 05:25 am »
Got it! Thank you very much!
You are special to me. Let me be your Kage-nie.

Offline Moro-dashi

• New Fan
  • Hyuu ~ <3
« Reply #98 on: September 30 2006, 11:15 am »
Sign me up!

Aw! They like each other! <3

Forum Family
Sightless - Mama!

Offline Capella