AuthorTopic: The world cup  (Read 13643 times)

Offline Strawberry

• cRAzY fan
  • Strawberries Are Sweet
The world cup
« on: June 17 2006, 11:22 pm »
I never seen a topic around here, so I thought I'll start it because I'm sooooo into it right now

So the world cup of football/soccer has already started weeks ago and most people are supporting the team in their country.

Are you supporting the team in your country? If so how is the team doing?

I always support the team in my country known as England, and it's looking good so far. They have won against Paraguy 1-0, also against Triland and Tabago (speeling?) 2-0 which makes them at the top in the group board.

I doubt they could win the world cup because there are many other great countries which have a better skill, but anyway I hope they can do their best  :wink:
Do NOT under estimate the powers of strawberries

Saikou Ni Happy! Forum / NERV Forum

Offline cherrytree

• New Fan
  • He took my heart... again!
Re: The world cup
« Reply #1 on: June 18 2006, 10:52 am »
Canada didn't make it into the world cup :sad3:

I'm hoping that England wins since I have English blood in me.
There game against T and T was sad... took them a long time to score those goals.
But oh well... they still won.  :tongue3:

Brazil is definately a favorite team for most of the people I know.

made by me :)

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #2 on: June 18 2006, 02:27 pm »
The Italy VS USA match is unbelievable... (in whining terms)

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline c3d

• KB24 for MVP =]p
  • Super Fan
  • Ceddie
« Reply #3 on: June 18 2006, 03:04 pm »
Even though im from Australia im not going for austrlia, they're full of themselves XD im going for brazil then korea!!

hope brazil smashes australia!! i would love to see my own people cry !! woot woot ^^ muwahahahaha =]p~

Offline jinnyster

• <3.
« Reply #4 on: June 18 2006, 03:47 pm »
japan vs. Australia was awesome
there were only 38 minutes left and the japan was winning by 1-0
when the australian scores 3 goals in 38min.

i cheering for korea cause im full korean ^^

yeongsterxjinnyster

Offline Strawberry

• cRAzY fan
  • Strawberries Are Sweet
« Reply #5 on: June 18 2006, 09:47 pm »
Yean, Brazil is a top favourite by most people. I mean there are loads of people in England supporting Brazil because they are a great team.

I remember in the last world cup in Japan England lost against them and I kinda predict that would happen.
Do NOT under estimate the powers of strawberries

Saikou Ni Happy! Forum / NERV Forum

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #6 on: June 20 2006, 09:18 am »
I'm going fo Australia cos I'm Australia. I do not share our media's optomism XD I'm surprised we beat Japan. I didnt expect to win agains brazil (and we didnt :P).
I love how when we beat Jap it was all they talked about on the radio/TV etc then there was a curious silence the day after we played brazil.
The only world sport woth getting excited about here is Swimming in the olympics and criket (which isnt really World). XD support when you can win!

Even though im from Australia im not going for austrlia, they're full of themselves XD im going for brazil then korea!!

hope brazil smashes australia!! i would love to see my own people cry !! woot woot ^^ muwahahahaha =]
uh.... ok..... O.o ouch

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 20 2006, 10:33 am »
yesterday , korea tied with france 1-1
it was a hard game. barely made it^^
england are really good too
I love how when we beat Jap it was all they talked about on the radio/TV

^ me too, especially  their coach was actually the coach for korea in 2002
by me.

Offline c3d

• KB24 for MVP =]p
  • Super Fan
  • Ceddie
« Reply #8 on: June 20 2006, 03:17 pm »

The only world sport woth getting excited about here is Swimming in the olympics and criket (which isnt really World). XD support when you can win!
 uh.... ok..... O.o ouch

lol sorir if i offended u but u know.. i just dont like da socceroos *shrugs* but i love australia becuase how it is a great place to live ^^

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 21 2006, 02:32 pm »
*wave wave* no it's fine, I agree. The media is being stupid about this - prentending like we rock the soccer world *cough*lies*cough* plus I dont have any opinion of the socceroos so I dont mind if u hate them.

Offline Director of Music

• Musicians Make Better Lovers
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Department of Diagnostic Medicine
« Reply #10 on: June 22 2006, 10:56 am »

hope brazil smashes australia!! i would love to see my own people cry !! woot woot ^^ muwahahahaha =]p~

W00T GO KOREA...XD since im korean, what do you expect?  and if not them, italy,  The match against Togo and Korea was awesome XD

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 22 2006, 11:37 am »
W00T GO KOREA...XD since im korean, what do you expect? and if not them, italy, The match against Togo and Korea was awesome XD

yay! another person cheering for KOREA!! whoot!, it's getting harder for us because now we HAVE to win this game or we gonna be taken out
by me.

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 22 2006, 08:06 pm »
Which website can I get updates on the World Cup from, seriously?

Offline Yummy Candy Bear

• Good Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 22 2006, 08:08 pm »
I love World Cup! I have to watch those wonderful matches at night so now my eyes are very red! @_@ * dizzy dizzy dizzy*
Anyway, I think Argentina will win coz they're one of the strongest team in World Cup. I have to say that Brazil is very strong but they're not as excellent as they used to be. Also, they have a problem with Ronaldo. He's too fat to move. >< And Korea, in my point of view, won't win this year cup. They also admit that they didn't prepare well enough for this year.
Anyway, there is always a big suprise waiting for us at World Cup. Who knows. Maybe an unexpected result will come.

Which website can I get updates on the World Cup from, seriously?

I dunno. You can search on Google. ^^

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #14 on: June 22 2006, 10:36 pm »
I can't stand the World Cup. It's a huge colossal waste of time.
drones fall over eachother starting fights getting arrested and being patriotic only once every 4 years.
I've never seen England more patriotic other than in the World Cup and that Sickens Me.

Seriously.. I really hate it all.

Supporting over paid idiots for running up and down a grassy field kicking a ball.
I... Hate... The... World... Cup...
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Yummy Candy Bear

• Good Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 23 2006, 04:04 pm »
I know. But I love World Cup not only because it's a great sport but also because of the feeling and emotions in each match. There are tears of joy or bitter, the laughters of happiness, the thirst of victory,ect. That's why I love watching World Cup although I am a girl. ^_^

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 23 2006, 04:11 pm »
I know. But I love World Cup not only because it's a great sport but also because of the feeling and emotions in each match. There are tears of joy or bitter, the laughters of happiness, the thirst of victory,ect. That's why I love watching World Cup although I am a girl. ^_^
^agreed^^
They also admit that they didn't prepare well enough for this year.
Anyway, there is always a big suprise waiting for us at World Cup. Who knows. Maybe an unexpected result will come.

i have to agreed with that ,too...i could see they didn't prepare really....^^;; well , we'll have to see
by me.

Offline Yummy Candy Bear

• Good Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 23 2006, 04:19 pm »
Yaeh but I wish they could win coz I am Asian and who doesn't want their team win?

Offline Anime4you

• Sakura's right hand :P
  • Big Fan
  • Sakura's right hand
« Reply #18 on: June 23 2006, 06:45 pm »
The team of Romania isn't at the World Cup .... :((
But I hope Australia will win...(at Australia are too players from Midlesborough and that team beat Steaua Bucharest -a romanian team- in  the semi-finals of UEFA CUP)Is a very good team with a excelent coach ...

If you hope , your dreams will become true
Don't be scared... I'm usualy that stupid :D

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 23 2006, 09:23 pm »
OMG!!!! We (Australia) didnt lose!!! We're going to the next round!  Lol! We drew!
I think this is the best we've ever done in the world cup lol!

Our next match is going to be "interesting", Aus vs Italy. There's a huge Italian population in Melbourne (my city). Big party in Lygon street!