Poll

Another popularity contest between the two most popular couple of TRC.

Sakura + Syaoran
124 (50%)
Fai + Kurogane
124 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 221

AuthorTopic: S+S or F+K?  (Read 217887 times)

Offline mela

• cRAzY fan
Re: S+S or F+K?
« Reply #380 on: July 25 2006, 08:50 pm »
He prefered to have her asleep than to suffer the annoy of waiting for him to return as he is not even sure that he would.

No, Fai didn't. He didn't prefer to have her sleep rather than wait for him... He turned her into an alarm system in case Ashura woke up. He basically used her as a shield/alarm and stuck her over Ashura's pool, no where was it indicated that he put her to sleep because he didn't know when he'd be back.

You also said she was his pet... if there's a pet/owner relationship there, I highly doubt they are in love/will be together. Not to say that there isn't affection between them, it's just not a sexual/romantic one.

Offline Ying Hua

• Syaoran no Koibito
  • Super Fan
« Reply #381 on: July 25 2006, 09:14 pm »
*sneaks in* Ne, S+S are still winning! 4 more for 100!

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #382 on: July 26 2006, 05:04 am »
Can I join you? T_T I'll bring the cake.

Sure, we could use cake to go with the pity. We need to start a campaign or something. From now on, my response to claims of Fai/Chii is this:

So yes, um...I still haven't voted on this poll, but I know that Fai/Chii would not be my vote were it on the poll. In other words, I am off-topic. *Hangs head in shame*
« Last Edit: July 26 2006, 06:02 am by Capella »
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #383 on: July 26 2006, 05:48 am »
YES, Capella-san. YES.

"Hideki is the only one for Chii"

And KuroTomo... Well. I already gave my reasons for why that will never happen in the KuroFai couple thread.  Just because you miss someone doesn't mean you are in love with them. I miss my friends when I'm on vacation, I miss my dog when I'm away, I miss my mom when I'm at my dads and visa versa. Kurogane and Tomoyo obviously care a great deal about each other, but that does not equal love in my opinion. At least not of a romantic nature. I can see platonic love between them, but there is no physical chemistry.

Also...CCS!Tomoyo= loved Sakura: sweet, cute, innocent female.
          Piffle!Tomoyo= definitely showed a great deal of interest in Sakura.
          Again! sweet, cute, innocent female.
So, then:
           Nihon!Tomoyo= loves rough, manly Kurogane?!

I feel like I've already said this a few times, but even IF Tomoyo was bisexual, doesn't that seem like a pretty drastic change in attraction? Also, it's true that Tomoyo resembles Kurogane's mother, which, as someone said on the KuroFai thread, would showcase a perfect example of the oedipal complex if Kuro loved her. (For anyone who's not savvy with the psychology lingo:
Show content
the oedipal complex refers to Freud's theory of a desire of the male to sexually possess the mother and generally involves hostility towards the same-sex parent. It's named after a character from a Greek play who killed his father and married his mother. /history nerd.
) Spoilered because I'm not sure if some of Freud's theories are quite appropriate for some of the younger members of the forum ^_^;

*Joins the Hideki pity party. Brings brownies.*
« Last Edit: July 26 2006, 06:09 am by Emiko »
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Kana-chan

• Fine!! If I cant have Kurogane! I'll take Tetsu Inada! >=D
  • New Fan
  • SHANNARO! O__O;
« Reply #384 on: July 26 2006, 06:15 am »
I quote from Kotori (X/1999), "The future has not yet been decided."

-joins the hideki party, bring ballons XD- ahh! Hideki's my favorite! DX Why they neglect him in this series?

(wouldn't be hilarious if Hideki pops up in the chapter tomorrow? XD)

Forum Family:
Mommy 1 - Becster
Mommy 2 - Emiko
Mommy 3 - Meliwan

Tetsu is not claimed! So Tetsu Inada is mine!! XD or until Kurogane is available again. ^-^

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #385 on: July 26 2006, 06:27 am »
YES, Capella-san. YES.

"Hideki is the only one for Chii"

And KuroTomo... Well. I already gave my reasons for why that will never happen in the KuroFai couple thread.  Just because you miss someone doesn't mean you are in love with them. I miss my friends when I'm on vacation, I miss my dog when I'm away, I miss my mom when I'm at my dads and visa versa. Kurogane and Tomoyo obviously care a great deal about each other, but that does not equal love in my opinion. At least not of a romantic nature. I can see platonic love between them, but there is no physical chemistry.

Also...CCS!Tomoyo= loved Sakura: sweet, cute, innocent female.
          Piffle!Tomoyo= definitely showed a great deal of interest in Sakura.
          Again! sweet, cute, innocent female.
So, then:
           Nihon!Tomoyo= loves rough, manly Kurogane?!

I feel like I've already said this a few times, but even IF Tomoyo was bisexual, doesn't that seem like a pretty drastic change in attraction? Also, it's true that Tomoyo resembles Kurogane's mother, which, as someone said on the KuroFai thread, would showcase a perfect example of the oedipal complex if Kuro loved her. (For anyone who's not savvy with the psychology lingo:
Show content
the oedipal complex refers to Freud's theory of a desire of the male to sexually possess the mother and generally involves hostility towards the same-sex parent. It's named after a character from a Greek play who killed his father and married his mother. /history nerd.
) Spoilered because I'm not sure if some of Freud's theories are quite appropriate for some of the younger members of the forum ^_^;

*Joins the Hideki pity party. Brings brownies.*

I'm glad so many people agree that Hideki is Chi's only possible pairing. ...Oh, and Capella? Can I use that as a respone to FaiXChi fans too? XD Or maybe I'll make my own one...

Anyway. Yes. If I could, I would vote for KuroFai again. (Does that bring it back on topic? Sorry people...)

---Edit---

Whoa! KuroFai has 81 votes!! 81 votes to Sakura and Syaoran's 96. Hold onto your hats S+S fans, we're not out of this yet!! (XD Kidding. I'm glad people are still voting!!)

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #386 on: July 26 2006, 06:35 am »
I'm glad so many people agree that Hideki is Chi's only possible pairing. ...Oh, and Capella? Can I use that as a respone to FaiXChi fans too? XD Or maybe I'll make my own one...

Anyway. Yes. If I could, I would vote for KuroFai again. (Does that bring it back on topic? Sorry people...)

Of course you may use it (or make your own). In either case we can have a Remember Hideki banner campaign! We have four people in the Hideki pity party. Also cake, brownies and balloons *brings lemonade*. Things are looking up.

I have still not managed to form a preference for either SyaoSaku or KuroFai...I've kind of been waiting for someone to convince me to vote for one or the other. Hasn't happened quite yet.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Becster

• Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #387 on: July 26 2006, 06:37 am »
Of course you may use it (or make your own). In either case we can have a Remember Hideki banner campaign! We have four people in the Hideki pity party. Also cake, brownies and balloons *brings lemonade*. Things are looking up.

I have still not managed to form a preference for either SyaoSaku or KuroFai...I've kind of been waiting for someone to convince me to vote for one or the other. Hasn't happened quite yet.

I posted some pretty compelling (well...I think it's compelling) evidence in the 'KuroFai: Will it be Canon?' thread...Go on...read it and join us...*hypnosis hands movements*

...Yeah. I look like a dork.

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family

Offline Sanmine

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #388 on: July 26 2006, 07:47 am »

*plots to convince of the canon-ness albeit badly*

And the idea of a Hideki Pity Party amuses me greatly for some reason. The poor guy totally needs to be promoted.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #389 on: July 26 2006, 09:26 am »
well, kuro-fai moments re infinatly mroe intersting tehn all the s+s moments. S+S is rather boring really. it hasnt chnged since teh beginning really. while kurofai, thats grown from the start.

-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #390 on: July 26 2006, 09:34 am »
Zettai daijoubu, please do not post off topic posts to this thread. This is for voting on your favorite couple and stating why. I'm assuming you voted for Syaoran and Sakura, but your post doesn't have anything to do with that.

Kuro and Fai now have 81 votes. That's really awesome to me, but not too surprising. I mean Fai and Kuro just have so much explosive energy going on between them that people can't help but be sucked into the KuroFai tornado of love. XD Omg, I need sleep, or something... ^^;

Offline starprov356

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #391 on: July 26 2006, 10:59 am »
Yeah, I think I have to vote for KuroxFai, even though I'm not usually into shounen-ai at all.  SxS is a sweet love story, which is a little too sweet for me.  KxF is so much more intense and, I think, deeper, because of the darkness in both Kuro and Fai.  I guess I prefer angst and Sakura and Syaoran don't have enough darkness in them to attract me.  :P

Offline kuromori

« Reply #392 on: July 26 2006, 12:27 pm »
I'm gonna have to go with Kuro and Fay, for a lot of the same reasons other people have said. Syaoran and Sakura just don't have that spark anymore. They were adorable in CCS, but in TRC their personalities are so... umm... muffled... it's like they're trying to get to the surface but they just can't...

Yes I know Sakura isn't her normal self without the feathers, but even in the first chapter she still seemed but a shadow of her original self. But for me not all hope is lost for those two, thanks to more recent chapters I'm praying to see a little more of that spark to ignite.

Though, Fai and Kuro will most  likely remain my favorite paring. They're original, they're fresh, and are a hell of a lot more interesting to me. If not for them, I seriously doubt I'd still be reading the series.

Hehe! Yay for my first post ever on the forum!! goes back to hide under her rock
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves." - Lestat

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #393 on: July 26 2006, 12:34 pm »
Your first post was a noble one, kuromori-san. Much more impressive than my first post (*cannot even remember what that is*)

*waves little KxF flag* I think we're doing pretty well now!
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline kuromori

« Reply #394 on: July 26 2006, 12:39 pm »
*blushing* I've been watching the forum for a month now, and figured it was about time I stopped hiding.

I'm really glad I managed not to make a fool of myself with my first post. ^_^
"Evil is a point of view. God kills indiscriminately and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves." - Lestat

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #395 on: July 26 2006, 12:50 pm »
The votes are getting closer again.. ^____^ *tosses out more KuroFai pineapple*

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #396 on: July 26 2006, 02:43 pm »
The votes are getting closer again.. ^____^ *tosses out more KuroFai pineapple*
yup. tis good tis good. welcome to the club kuromori! ^_^ the more the merrier on the kurofai train :D
*waves kurofai flag*
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline kuromori

« Reply #397 on: July 26 2006, 03:04 pm »
Hehe! I like it here! *snuggles in* It's cozy. *cuddles Fay plushie, and eats pineapple*

Thank you very much for the welcome!

Offline Ying Hua

• Syaoran no Koibito
  • Super Fan
« Reply #398 on: July 26 2006, 06:14 pm »
S+S S+S S+S S+S!!!

ahaha. I just felt like typing.

Offline Becster

• Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #399 on: July 26 2006, 06:18 pm »
KuroFai train? KuroFai tornado of love?

Not even objects and nature can avoid the joys of KuroFai.

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella

Forum Family