Poll

Another popularity contest between the two most popular couple of TRC.

Sakura + Syaoran
124 (50%)
Fai + Kurogane
124 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 221

AuthorTopic: S+S or F+K?  (Read 217893 times)

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
Re: S+S or F+K?
« Reply #200 on: May 13 2006, 02:08 pm »
Off-topic: Tenkouken-san, you're Filipino? Same here :) I can't read, speak, or write Tagalog, though. How depressing.

Anyway, I voted, but right after I couldn't talk about it because Sakaki locked the topic for cleaning. So anyway...

S+S FOR LIFE! Woot woot! *screams and dances*

You can't understand Filipino? :cry:

What is it with the SakuSyao pair? Is it because they're cute, people want them to be together for good (looks at avatar, shrugs head), or maybe people don't like male couples?

Offline Cherry-chan

• Glomping, swooning, stalking, kidnapping, he's been through it all - My Syaoran <3
  • "A True Fan"
  • Syaoran! Where!?
« Reply #201 on: May 13 2006, 02:12 pm »
The poll isn't locked.
I had to lock the thread while I cleaned up after the guy who came through and posted
hateful things, but nothing is locked now, and the voting was never locked.

The voting will remain open since no time limit was set from the beginning. ^^

Ah! Arigatou for clearing that up, Sakaki-sama! :keke:

I do like male couples! Don't get me wrong, I love Kuro-Fai dearly, but S&S will always be number one for me :)
Live life. And love Syaoran. - Cherry-chan
I miss you all, it's unfortunate that I haven't been frequenting this site anymore, but I will keep you all very dear in my heart
I'll try to visit as much as I can.

Offline Tenkuuken

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #202 on: May 13 2006, 02:19 pm »
Still, a lovable couple like Kuro-pon and Fai is not really given attention, because everyone's looking at SakuSyao. Maybe it's because TRC is about SakuSyao in the long run.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #203 on: May 13 2006, 02:20 pm »
to mee S&S is too predictable. K&F you never know whats gonna happen, but you know its gonna be good ^_^
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Tenkuuken

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #204 on: May 13 2006, 02:24 pm »
to mee S&S is too predictable. K&F you never know whats gonna happen, but you know its gonna be good ^_^

That's true. I admit F&K are a good team, and definitely a fine couple at that. So, I rephrase my old question: What is it with the SakuSyao pair? Is it because they're cute, people want them to be together for good (looks at avatar, shrugs head), or maybe people JUST AREN'T USED TO male couples?

If it turns out to be the latter, then it's clear who's going to win the poll.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #205 on: May 13 2006, 02:27 pm »
sometimes its the latter. but S&S have history. in CCS and TRC...people are used to them K&F are new to the CLAMP universe...but still, its easy to pick up on their relationsship...(i found a yoai fanfic that was written by someone who only read the first 2 vols...O.O very perceptive of them)
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Tenkuuken

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #206 on: May 13 2006, 02:34 pm »
This is already WAY OFF TOPIC, but the SS vs FK poll is already becoming a study on gender sensitivity. But hey, if the KF pair picks up, it's going to revolutionize yaoi! :D

Offline saki

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #207 on: May 13 2006, 02:51 pm »
This is already WAY OFF TOPIC, but the SS vs FK poll is already becoming a study on gender sensitivity. But hey, if the KF pair picks up, it's going to revolutionize yaoi! :D

I don't think it's quite fair to say that the people who voted for Sakura/Syaoran are homophobic or not used to male couples...it's like saying that the people who voted for Fai and Kurogane are heterophobic! In this case, I think people just voted for the couple they prefer....simple as that.

For the most part, I agree that Sakura/Syaoran in TRC aren't as interesting as their CCS counterparts. But like another poster mentioned, they have a history behind them that their fans love. I, for one, am NOT a CLAMP fan...but I love CCS and Sakura/Syaoran. I love it when Syaoran blushes. I love it when he runs away. And i love it when he makes those utterly scary faces ( http://kss.mysticalaura.com/kss/scrap/sakura_journal5.jpg ) when he's jealous. They're just adorable, IMHO.

In the long run, it doesn't matter who wins. I'd be happy if S+S won, but that doesn't mean that they are superior to F+K. And likewise, if F+K won, it doesn't mean that it will 'revolutionize yaoi' or that they're a better couple. Usually, poll results only show how many fans are for the pairing in a particular area. Generally speaking, I think S+S might be more popular (in a worldwide scale) simply because people are familiar with CCS.

Doesn't matter in the long run. You like who you like and nothing's going to change that.
"You think you're tough Mr. Massey, but you don't know what tough is...I eat men like you for breakfast."
---Marilyn Hamilton Rexroth Doyle Massey (Cruel Intentions)

moezychan

« Reply #208 on: May 13 2006, 02:59 pm »
I don't think it's quite fair to say that the people who voted for Sakura/Syaoran are homophobic or not used to male couples...it's like saying that the people who voted for Fai and Kurogane are heterophobic! In this case, I think people just voted for the couple they prefer....simple as that.

For the most part, I agree that Sakura/Syaoran in TRC aren't as interesting as their CCS counterparts. But like another poster mentioned, they have a history behind them that their fans love. I, for one, am NOT a CLAMP fan...but I love CCS and Sakura/Syaoran. I love it when Syaoran blushes. I love it when he runs away. And i love it when he makes those utterly scary faces ( http://kss.mysticalaura.com/kss/scrap/sakura_journal5.jpg ) when he's jealous. They're just adorable, IMHO.

In the long run, it doesn't matter who wins. I'd be happy if S+S won, but that doesn't mean that they are superior to F+K. And likewise, if F+K won, it doesn't mean that it will 'revolutionize yaoi' or that they're a better couple. Usually, poll results only show how many fans are for the pairing in a particular area. Generally speaking, I think S+S might be more popular (in a worldwide scale) simply because people are familiar with CCS.

Doesn't matter in the long run. You like who you like and nothing's going to change that.

That was an excellent and well thoughout post saki-san. I couldn't have said it better myself. I look forward to seeing more of you on the forums.

Offline saki

« Reply #209 on: May 13 2006, 03:03 pm »
Thanks! I just think the poll shouldn't be taken so seriously, regardless of who won. :)
"You think you're tough Mr. Massey, but you don't know what tough is...I eat men like you for breakfast."

Offline Ying Hua

• Syaoran no Koibito
  • Super Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 13 2006, 08:23 pm »
I made this poll because I wanted to see who's more popular, that's all. But the tension grew, and also the excitement, so I'm hooked~

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #211 on: May 13 2006, 10:25 pm »
I just think it's nice to see that KuroFai has a decent sized following! I do agree that this poll got a little bit...competitive.

I love both pairings, but over the two I prefer KuroFai. I still adore Syaoran and Sakura (and squealed like a moron in the middle of Pizza Hut when I read the 'Sakura kisses Syaoran's eye' scene in Volume 9.) but we've seen them before, and their relationship is slowly beginning to blossom. (Sakura appears to have a little bit of a crush on Syaoran at this point...at least, to me that's what it seems.) But Kurogane and Fai's relationship is...well. Boom. There's a helluva lotta interaction, and more than anything they make me laugh. The 'Yin and Yang' thing that CLAMP have done is brilliant, and I love watching their relationship develop, because although it often seems like it isn't going anywhere...they're in a completely different place now compared to what their relationship was when the manga started.

KuroFai love. <3

(Did I make sense there?)

But in all honesty...? If I could've, I would've voted for both. I love both pairings. <3

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Ying Hua

• Syaoran no Koibito
  • Super Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 14 2006, 12:40 am »
Maybe I should have included a "BOTH" option. So many people like both. -_- Too late now.

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #213 on: May 14 2006, 12:46 am »
Maybe I should have included a "BOTH" option. So many people like both. -_- Too late now.
Ya, that is what i would have voted ^_^
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Sheepworld

• New Fan
  • What? What? What?
« Reply #214 on: May 14 2006, 04:19 am »
SyaoSaku is cute but I'd rather go for something a new, something where you don't quite know if there's gonna be a happily ever after, true love forever thing at the end. Someone's already said this but, even though I do love SyaoSaku, I think that I like KuroFai more simply because Kurogane and Fai are such blatant opposites (but underneath it all they're not really that different) and that makes for interesting chemistry.

A 'both' option would be cheating and almost everyone would choose that option. We must fight it out to the bitter end, comrades! 

Still, a lovable couple like Kuro-pon and Fai is not really given attention, because everyone's looking at SakuSyao. Maybe it's because TRC is about SakuSyao in the long run.

I know we haven't got much info on their relationship yet but FaiAshura is an interesting possibility that seems to always be overlooked much more that KuroFai. (Even KuroTomo has a small following -_-). Oh no, I've given myself away with my off-topicness, I must flee!
Go! Go! GO!

Offline Ying Hua

• Syaoran no Koibito
  • Super Fan
« Reply #215 on: May 14 2006, 11:25 am »
Ok then. S+S in the lead by 8 points!

Offline Tenkuuken

• "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #216 on: May 14 2006, 07:30 pm »
^ (looks at poll) 10 points....

Offline saki

« Reply #217 on: May 14 2006, 07:58 pm »
^ (looks at poll) 10 points....

Just a question...who is that in your avatar?

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #218 on: May 14 2006, 08:00 pm »
Just a question...who is that in your avatar?
Syaoran and Sakura
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Ying Hua

• Syaoran no Koibito
  • Super Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 14 2006, 11:02 pm »
yes, 10 points