AuthorTopic: Seishirou/Subaru Couple Thread  (Read 7714 times)

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
Seishirou/Subaru Couple Thread
« on: March 03 2006, 12:50 pm »
Many people have probably heard of this couple since they are quite famous in the CLAMP world! Those who have been in the CLAMP fandom for a while would likely know that this couple is definitely one of CLAMP's most popular!

These two characters were originally from Tokyo Babylon and a few years later were put in another manga, "X". Now they may be sneaking their way into Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, too!

After their sad endings in both of their previous manga, I think it's time these two had a happy life together, ne?

Anyway, this thread is for fans of this lovely couple to discuss their relationship and where it may go. Share fanfics, fan art, fan sites, whatever as long as it regards SeiSu!

Have fun!  :keke:
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
Re: Seishirou/Subaru Couple Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 03 2006, 01:00 pm »
Hahaha! I think most people know I love this couple. I'll start off with a few links: (note: these will contain spoilers for TB and X)

I Love You, I'll Kill You - http://www.tokyo-tower.org/ss/ - This is the fanlisting for the Seishirou/Subaru relationship.

SeishirouxSubaru LiveJournal - http://community.livejournal.com/seixsub/ - The livejournal community dedicated to all things Sei/Su.

This is going to be fun~! I hope they get some kind of a happy ending in Tsubasa. Darn it, they totally deserve it. In a few minutes, I'll hunt down some of my fave Sei/Su fanfiction and post links to it here.
« Last Edit: March 04 2006, 01:30 pm by Jeannette »
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #2 on: March 03 2006, 01:16 pm »
Heh, count me a member of the club. While I haven't finished X yet, I absolutely loved Tokyo Babylon. These two made a great couple in a really insane and depressing CLAMP-ish kind of way. (read:awesome) :sweatdrop:

I'm interested also in how their relationship is going to develop in Tsubasa. Especially as they have yet to really have a relationship that we know anything about... after 14 volumes.... It would be nice to get them a happy ending for once. I'd like to see how that worked. ^^

(Of course, I'm rooting for Kuro and Fai's happy ending first and foremost...)

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #3 on: March 03 2006, 01:25 pm »
Ohh, thank you for the links, Jeannette! I may need to join that community...

So to everyone here: When did you first start liking SeiSu or what is it about them that you like so much?

As for me, ((And just to warn you: This will DEFINITELY contain spoilers for TB and X!!)) I started loving them YEARS ago when I first read Tokyo Babylon.  :keke: And as cliche as this is: To me the couple just seemed so sweet and perfect for each other! Subaru's more-than-obvious crush on Sei-chan was just one of the most precious things I'd ever seen!! And Seishirou's teasing just made the whole thing even more entertaining to watch!

I loved them together so much that the ending of Tokyo Babylon broke my heart!! But I didn't take it as "Seishirou doesn't really love Subaru" as many fans did.. In fact, I found it to be the exact opposite. I think Seishirou was just shocked that he lost the bet. Maybe he thought if he left he'd be able to take control of his feelings for Subaru and rid himself of them. For a while, it seemed to work, but I think Rainbow Bridge may have proved otherwise...

Most people have mixed feelings over what happened to SeiSu at Rainbow Bridge... This is an age-old topic in the SeiSu fandom! O.O What are your thoughts? What REALLY happened there? What do you think Seishirou said? It's enough to drive me crazy, that's for sure...

Oh and I see Pikari just posted here! Welcome to the club! XD I see you haven't finished X, sorry if this post contained any spoilers for you...

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #4 on: March 03 2006, 01:34 pm »
(Pikari! I luves your new avatar!)
Here are my fic recs for Sei/Su.

The Clover You Found  by JJ Blue
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2566485/1/
Re-incarnation fic; x-over with Clover

Careful With What You Wish by JJ Blue
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2559345/1/
AU TB/X fic- Rated Mature

Eternal by Feye Morgan
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2641124/1/
X/TB/TRC xover- TRC Subaru and Seishirou are re-incarnations of TB/X Subaru and Seishirou.

Two Resembling Love by Fin Mefiant
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2795527/1/
God, Fin Mefiant's fics always make me queasy. She perfectly captures the dark tones and themes; she doesn't hold back in the least. For that reason, I love her fics but can only read them so often. This is her TRC/TB/X xover. Half a happy ending. Kind of. This is rated Mature as well, people.

And now more!

Eternal Colors by Leareth
http://doki3.net/void/tbx/colours/colours.html
Rated about PG-13, I'd say. This takes place forty years after 'X,' and deals with a young couple who move into a very nice apartment in Tokyo- an apartment that holds secrets from many years ago. (Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of her interpretation of Subaru post-X, but it's not unbearably bad.)

This next is a three-part semi-AU of X by Leareth. Rated PG-13. Not happy.

Part One: Silent Night, Holy Night
http://doki3.net/void/tbx/silent_night.html

Part Two: In My Line of Work
http://doki3.net/void/tbx/work.html

Part Three: In My Line of Work 2
http://doki3.net/void/tbx/work2.html
« Last Edit: March 04 2006, 01:32 pm by Jeannette »

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #5 on: March 03 2006, 01:36 pm »
Oh and I see Pikari just posted here! Welcome to the club! XD I see you haven't finished X, sorry if this post contained any spoilers for you...
Oh, don't worry, I've read all the spoilers. ^^;; It doesn't bother me anymore.

Hmm, and I agree with what you said about TB's ending. I never took it that he never loved him either. Somehow you could see that there had to be something special. ^^; But perhaps Seishirou suddenly found those kind of feelings unnatural to him... something he'd never experienced before... and so his reaction was to revert to what *was* natural to him - killing. That's the way I'd probably look at it. And until I read it myself, I suppose I can't comment on the Rainbow Bridge...

(and Jeannette.. thanks!! ^^;; For the compliment and the links. :sweatdrop: )

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #6 on: March 03 2006, 01:44 pm »
Ah! You know I have not read fan fiction in SO long but I think you're going to get me hooked on it again soon, Jeannette-chan!

Hmm, there was this one fic that I read years ago... All I remember was it started on Subaru's 16th birthday and Sei-chan took him out to dinner at a Four Seasons hotel.. While they were there, all kinds of cuteness happened! Footsie was played, ice cream was shared, all kinds of cuteness!!!

During the fic it turned out Sei-chan had rented the ball room of the hotel for just the two of them to dance in!! It was SO sweet!! They danced in there and all kinds of cuteness happened again!!

But there was a sequel where Sei-chan takes Subaru ((On his 25th birthday I think...)) to a room which he made look EXACTLY like that ballroom using one of his illusions.. It was SO cute and all kinds of ((Guess?)) CUTENESS happened again but then... The ending of that fic.. It was TERRIBLE!! It was SO horrible I almost cried!!

I'm not gonna kid ya, it kind of ruined the fic for me... I mean, I still loved it but the ending REALLY depressed me... Anyway, does that description sound familiar to anyone? I'd really like to read that fic again!! If anyone knows where I can find it, please tell me!

EDIT: Oh my gosh! Jeannette-chan just found the fic for me!! Thank you!! Here's the link if anyone else wants to read it: Dance Under a Dark Moon ((Scroll down the site.. It's there! It's just at the very bottom...))

Be warned, however. It's graphic if you read the second chapter. If you just read the first chapter ((Which you can do without missing a thing if I remember correctly.. You also won't read the horribly sad ending that way..)) it's only about PG-13. *nod nod*
« Last Edit: March 03 2006, 02:36 pm by AkaiYuki »

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #7 on: March 03 2006, 01:51 pm »
(You're quite welcome!)

Oh, I definitely believe that Seishirou was in love with Subaru at the end of TB. After all, he didn't kill him, did he? The supposed reason Seishirou didn't kill him was because Subaru's grandmother broke the illusion that Seishirou had Subaru in. However, to me it's fairly obvious Seishirou is taking an easy excuse not to kill Subaru. Seishirou is definitely stronger than Lady Sumeragi- he says so himself just a few minutes before. And we see that Lady Sumeragi is in no condition to keep fighting Seishirou after she breaks the illusion. Seishirou could still easily have killed Subaru- remember, Subaru wasn't fighting Seishirou- but he didn't. So yes, Seishirou did love Subaru; he just didn't know how to recognize and deal with his feelings. He'd been too disconnected from them for so long.

Rainbow Bridge: Ah, the puzzle wrapped within the enigma. Personally, I think Seishirou's final words were 'I love you.' I don't see any other phrase that would make perfect sense at that moment. Oh, and the fact that he had Subaru kill him definitely clinches the question of whether Seishirou loved Subaru or not. Remember, just after Seishirou killed his mother Setsuka, Setsuka tells him he will be killed 'by the one he loves the most.' Subaru = Seishirou's killer, Subaru = Seishirou's love. I also think Seishirou realized before Rainbow Bridge that he loved Subaru; if he hadn't realized it, why would he have had Subaru kill him? At some point between the end of TB and the end of X, Seishirou had to have stopped denying the truth completely. Perhaps after hearing Hokuto's last words? Perhaps after Subaru lost his eye? We'll never know.

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #8 on: March 04 2006, 03:17 pm »
Golly gosh darnit... what happened at Rainbow Bridge pissed me off, especially after I read TB and found out that Subaru was deaf to what Seishirou said once before. And now I really can't wait for Seishirou to reappear in Tsubasa along with Subaru.

But yes... I'm a brand new fan of this couple. I think their relationship is very strange... yet beautiful. ^^;;; (Gomen, as an inarticulate person, it's kind of hard for me to describe.) Thanks for all the links to the fanworks, and I'll do my best to find the proper time to read them. ^^

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #9 on: March 04 2006, 06:13 pm »
*nod nod* Yep! That Subaru sure does seem to not be able to hear Seishirou very often, ne? XD Heh heh, maybe Subaru only wants to listen to Sei-chan when he's saying something about their love! XD XD The whole rest of the time he's just checkin' him out!

Mooouuu... Yuki is going to go CRAZY until chapter 109 is out!! I SWEAR if one of those cloaked people is not Subaru... *shakes fist*

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #10 on: March 05 2006, 03:56 am »
(raises fist with Yuki in protest) Definitely. It must be Subaru!

Some more fic recs!

Avarice: a community over at fanfiction.net dedicated to Sei/Su
http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/12239/3/0/1/
Note: this is a fanfiction.net com. In other words, there are a lot of crappy stories there. Be warned. Be afraid.

If at First You Don't Succeed by Etrangere
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2005961/1/
A/U TB- sad

A Lullaby
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1611359/1/
X- Just after Subaru loses his eye; Sei-chan pov

Salt
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1981855/1/
Tokyo Babylon 1999 fic- Short'n sweet, bit OOC. Still lovely.

I just watched the TB OAV's last night. Gah, so good, as far as filler goes.

Has any one else noticed in TB how Sei-chan is always telling Subaru that if such-and-such happens, Hokuto will be upset or sad? Hmm... kinda seems like projection to me.

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #11 on: April 03 2006, 03:17 pm »
Well well well, we haven't had much to talk about here, now have we?

Until NOW, that is!!

With the release of chapter 110, something has occured to me. Be warned, this entire post will contain Tsubasa, X and Tokyo Babylon spoilers.

The hooded people finally revealed themselves, and we discovered that they are, in fact, the Dragons of Heaven and Earth. However, they have flipped sides. No one cares, though, because there is a much bigger difference than that! Subaru and Seishirou are missing!!!

So what does this mean? Well, I, being the huge Sei/Su shipper that I am, was initially very angry about this. Because  1.) It means there will likely be no Sei/Su in this world. 2.) It makes the X world less official. 3.) CLAMP was cruel by getting our hopes up for a MONTH about this! and 4.) Subaru was replaced with Daisuke. DAISUKE. Come ON!!!

However, at the same time, I can't help but be partially pleased at the lack of Subaru and Seishirou. Because it can only mean one thing: They WILL have their own world and we WILL learn about the truth of their relationship! CLAMP is obviously saving Subaru and Seishirou for another world. What other reason on EARTH could they possibly have to not put them in the X world?

Thus, depending on the fan, this could be either very good news or very bad news. For the X purists ((Like myself)) it's slightly disappointing, but at the same time none of the other worlds have had every character 100% true to their originals, either, so it isn't so bad... And for Tokyo Babylon lovers, this is probably EXTREMELY good news! I have no doubt there will be a world with Seishirou and Subaru, and I have no doubt Hokuto will join them!

But for us Sei/Su fans, it's probably the best news of all!! Because it means that in all of the worlds of Tsubasa, there may only be ONE Seishirou and ONE Subaru; and they destined to find each other. Could that BE any more romantic? I think not, ladies and gentlemen!!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #12 on: April 03 2006, 03:25 pm »
^_^ I agree, the idea of there being only one Sei/Su throughout all the worlds, and the Sei we've seen in Tsubasa being a reincarnation of Sei from X/TB would be beautiful. Gah, we're such fans.

Though... it's still technically possible that this world does have a Seishirou and Subaru, and even that the Seishirou we've met is from this world. Don't think it's likely, but technically possible.

And it killed me that Subaru was replaced with Daisuke. Killed me dead.

Oh, and on a happy note, read this. ^_^

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #13 on: April 03 2006, 04:48 pm »
Oh, and on a happy note, read this. ^_^

Omg. That essay practically said it all. I think I have to save that to my computer... *clickcopyclickpasteclicksave*

Yes. Tsubasa shall be the second chance for Seishirou and Subaru, and Hokuto too. Tsubasa shall be the chance to prove Sei/Sub is canon, because if they even show them in any world together, that means they're either destined to be in the same world or soul mates in a distorted sense. ... Deshou?? Ahh, I can't really express it like I want to...

Ugh. There is SO. MUCH. TO WAIT FOR. IN TSUBASA. STILL. >_<

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • SHUT UP VOICES or i'll poke you with a Q-tip again
« Reply #14 on: April 21 2006, 01:52 pm »
ok.. i saw tokyo babilon.
so.. i decide to join here.. cuz i really loved the idea *____*
they are so cute together... *starts to read all the fanfics you guys posted*

((siggy made my me.. be nice.. its the first shit i make that actually turns ok- ))

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #15 on: April 24 2006, 11:39 am »
ok.. i saw tokyo babilon.
so.. i decide to join here.. cuz i really loved the idea *____*
they are so cute together... *starts to read all the fanfics you guys posted*
I totally meant to respond to your post here earlier. XD Welcome to the club! So you saw the OVAs then? Kewl. They are disturbingly cute together, especially in the OVA. XD

And I have some more fic recs! This author's profile was deleted and ff.net (prolly because of the sex in her one story) just before this thread was started, but she has now made an new account and started reposting her stories. I'm hoping she'll soon repost 'Ten Reasons to Love Someone' because that is one of my favorite fics ever.

A Gift for Subaru-kun by Kyou-chan2
Rated M (for sexual references and some hot and heavy makinng out)

Oh, and JJ Blue has put up two new chapters of 'Careful With What You Wish' since I recommended it.