AuthorTopic: Kurogane - Character Discussion  (Read 15267 times)

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
Re: Kurogane - Character Discussion
« Reply #40 on: November 04 2005, 02:09 pm »
It's almost hard for me to believe that we're now finally learning about the past of one of our major characters.

Show content
Chapter 96 is so sad. Poor Kurogane was ... crying! I bet it will turn out to be one of those "I haven't cried since then" incidents. And I loved how he took up his father's sword like that ...

Things are finally piecing together as far as Kurogane's concerned. I also can't wait till we see how he gets the scar ... I guess that means Kuro-pon still has more pain to endure before he becomes the Kurogane we originally met.

Now that I know that Fei Wong has something to do with Kuro's past, I bet Clamp will tie all of their pasts together: Fai, Syaoran, Sakura ... and all the source of their problems will come from Fei Wong, which would further emphasize the idea of "hitsuzen." That all of them were destined to find each other and defeat the cause of their pain.

Oh, and I give a cookie for the translation, Pikari!! ^__^ Arigatou gozaimashita!

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #41 on: November 06 2005, 10:31 am »
Personally, I think it's about time we started learning about the characters' pasts. We're in Volume 13 already and we're just now learning about Kuro's past, and we know next to nothing about Fai's past or, for that matter, Syaoran's past. I think I remember reading somewhere that Clamp was planning about 21 tankouban or so, so we're probably over half-way through the series.

And the scar... I hadn't noticed the scar, either. Wow. Interesting.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #42 on: November 06 2005, 08:57 pm »
I think it was good though, for Kurogane to be introduced without any angsty memories of his life straight away. It gave him time to develop a character before we all went 'so THAT'S why he's like that!' If he'd been introduced with that history straight away, I don't think that he would have had the same impact as a strong, capable person - he would be labelled as 'the one with the angsty past'.
« Last Edit: November 07 2005, 02:23 am by Ruby Chan »

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #43 on: November 07 2005, 02:03 am »
I think it was good though, for Kurogane to be introduced without any angsty memories of his life staright away. It gave him time to develop a character before we all went 'so THAT'S why he's like that!' If he'd been introduced with that history straight away, I don't think that he would have had ther same impact as a strong, capable person - he would be labelled as 'tge one with the angsty past'.
Excellent point, and one I hadn't thought of. Kuro and Fai's pasts both would probably have overwhelmed the present if we'd known the stories.

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #44 on: November 08 2005, 04:06 am »
I think I remember reading somewhere that Clamp was planning about 21 tankouban or so, so we're probably over half-way through the series.

Waaah, only about 21 are planned?! And we JUST now started getting ANYWHERE with the story in vol. 13?! Wow, CLAMP is gonna have to hussle cuz we don't know squat about Fai, Syao Syao, Fei Wong Reid, Sakura's wings, ANYTHING! *sighs* Watch something happen and they leave us hanging there like in X, Legal Drug, and a few other manga...  *sweatdrop*
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #45 on: November 08 2005, 04:44 am »
Waaah, only about 21 are planned?! And we JUST now started getting ANYWHERE with the story in vol. 13?! Wow, CLAMP is gonna have to hussle cuz we don't know squat about Fai, Syao Syao, Fei Wong Reid, Sakura's wings, ANYTHING! *sighs* Watch something happen and they leave us hanging there like in X, Legal Drug, and a few other manga... *sweatdrop*

God forbid! Do not speak such things, or it may become truth!

And don't quote me on the 21 volumes thing- it's just a rumor I heard. I forget where I heard it, but I think it was a fairly reputable place... But once again, don't quote me. Wow, I sound like some middle-school gossip. *sweatdrop*

Anywho... let's just keep waiting for chapter 97, shall we?

Offline .::ka::.

• "HUmp!" like Kuro-tan XD
  • Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #46 on: November 13 2005, 01:39 am »
I didn't notice the scar on Kuro's hand b4 .... Wow, it's really interesting but I looked in the old manga pages and can't fin the scar on Kuro's hand . O.o
Ano... it's on left or right hand ?!
- Starting from here - Let's make a promise - You and me - Let's just be honest -
Kurogane is <3

My Precious <~ down for a while >___>  | My Journal
Forum Family
My lovely little sis XD Kai Mizuki [/i] & Aya-chan[/i]

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #47 on: November 13 2005, 03:56 am »
It's on his left hand. Pikari had posted a link to chibiyuuto's journal where she shows some of the places where you can see the scar. http://www.livejournal.com/users/chibiyuuto/42225.html?thread=1009905#t1009905

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #48 on: November 13 2005, 09:50 pm »
Poor Kuro-chan... Hey, now we know why he doesn't like to befriend people! he's afraid that if he likes them too much, he won't be able to protect them, and it'll be just like with his parents. he'd go maaad! ^^'

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline .::ka::.

• "HUmp!" like Kuro-tan XD
  • Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #49 on: November 13 2005, 10:51 pm »
wow, thanks hoshisenshi 4 the info ! ^________^
- Starting from here - Let's make a promise - You and me - Let's just be honest -
Kurogane is <3

My Precious <~ down for a while >___>  | My Journal
Forum Family
My lovely little sis XD Kai Mizuki [/i] & Aya-chan[/i]

Offline Sabrina

• Big Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 20 2005, 03:30 am »
My fav char is ofcourse Kuro :D he is so cool ^__^

awh... I read those thingies about Kuroganes past...so..so....sad...poor Kuro ._______.  (now I really want read all books and not wait when del rey puplished those books).
I didn't know that was scar... I I thought it was only somekind 'armline' or something. That's good that we have fans who has keen eyes to noticed these things :)
Life is out of here....

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #51 on: November 20 2005, 03:52 am »
My fav char is ofcourse Kuro :D he is so cool ^__^

awh... I read those thingies about Kuroganes past...so..so....sad...poor Kuro ._______. (now I really want read all books and not wait when del rey puplished those books).
I didn't know that was scar... I I thought it was only somekind 'armline' or something. That's good that we have fans who has keen eyes to noticed these things :)

XD Yeah, I thought it was a hand line for a looong time until a couple months ago I was like "that line sure is always in the same place and sure does look the same as how they draw the scars on Kamui's hands... so maybe it's a scar?" But since it was never even *mentioned* (like EVERYTHING else in Tsubasa...) I was never quite sure, but now I am, of course. But anyway, Sabrina-san, have you read the latest chapter? Cuz now we finally see where the scar came from! :3 (I'd say, but I dunno if you like spoilers!)
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Sabrina

• Big Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 20 2005, 05:14 am »
XD Yeah, I thought it was a hand line for a looong time until a couple months ago I was like "that line sure is always in the same place and sure does look the same as how they draw the scars on Kamui's hands... so maybe it's a scar?" But since it was never even *mentioned* (like EVERYTHING else in Tsubasa...) I was never quite sure, but now I am, of course. But anyway, Sabrina-san, have you read the latest chapter? Cuz now we finally see where the scar came from! :3 (I'd say, but I dunno if you like spoilers!)
Well I haven't read because I'm kind of lazy to "read" newest (and I had only time to spend in internet at weekends only..sob)....I have only Del Rey's english translations read, but soon I'll download those chapters to my kingston traveler (datastick or what it is in english) and watch them in next week...
Well, I love spoilers...because I'm kind of  curious what will happen in Tsubasa ;)
Life is out of here....

Offline Sabrina

• Big Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 25 2005, 06:47 am »
Well I haven't read because I'm kind of lazy to "read" newest (and I had only time to spend in internet at weekends only..sob)....I have only Del Rey's english translations read, but soon I'll download those chapters to my kingston traveler (datastick or what it is in english) and watch them in next week...
Well, I love spoilers...because I'm kind of curious what will happen in Tsubasa ;)

Well, now I have read those chapters and...It was sad....I nearly cryed when I 'read' or watch those chapters...sob sob.
Darn it....scanner won't work when I have two more fanart to scan T___T (one Kurogane art and Fai art too :P)
Life is out of here....

Offline kurogane_ariona

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #54 on: June 15 2006, 12:48 pm »
honestly..i watch TRC is because of Kurogane!! :XD: well..actually i'm searching for a new type of anime that i can watch and it happens to be TRC! well..starting in episode one.i kind a like the idea of CCS character in it since i'm a big fan of CCS itself!! and..the anime flows kind a slow in the beginning but i decide to watch all over it in episode 3 and that is the time when i really began to fall for this anime! Kurogane characters really attracts me well..since not to mentioned, his bad tempered, stubborn, but still kind hearted are the main charm that i'm really into him.. :inlove: for me...when he taught Syaoran  how to use the swords, i was really touched, for me, he doesnt look like a father for me, but more like a big brother who teach his beloved youngest brother on how to be strong!! even people around him would say that he is cold, emotionless, but deep inside his heart, i guess he's very gentle to someone that he care! :hehe: yeah..one thing i like for sure, when he tried to be serious, he ended up been teasing up by Fye and Mokona!!  so funny!how cute!! :inlove: