AuthorTopic: [Fruits Basket] A Letter To Kyo (Complete)  (Read 4133 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
[Fruits Basket] A Letter To Kyo (Complete)
« on: February 21 2006, 02:49 am »
My third, and (at the moment) final oneshot....this is written in Yuki's point of view, and is basically just a little insight into his feelings towards a certain orange cat.

A Letter To Kyo

Dear Kyo…or should I call you Baka Neko?

Everyone knows how much we hate each other. But no one’s ever really known why…even Honda-san. I once told her that I was jealous of you, that I was envious of the way you made friends so easily. And yes, that was a reason…but not the only one.

I know for a fact that I’ll never give this letter to you. It’s doomed to stay in my desk drawer forever, never to see the light of day again once I’ve finished writing it. But even though you will never receive this, I feel like I owe you an explanation for why I act the way I do.

It all comes back to hate, doesn’t it? Hate, rats, cats and the old legend. But even after we get past all of that, there’s still the fact that I hate who you are, and how you act. But then again, if it wasn’t for the legend of the zodiac, maybe things would have been different.

I hate the way that you’re always surrounded by friends and people who like you at school. I hate the way that you let down your shields so easily, whilst it takes me forever to truly trust someone, even if I want to.

I hate the way that you lose your temper so easily, the way that you make everyone else suffer because you’re so fond of those temper tantrums. I hate the way that you turn everything into a battle, and how you behave like a spoiled brat.

I hate the way that you act around Honda-san. I can’t count how many times you’ve made her cry, or made her feel insignificant. And I hate the way that one awkward word from you and she’ll forgive you in an instant.

I hate the way that you’re always so sure that you’re right and I’m wrong. I hate the way that you go out of your way to prove yourself better than me. I hate the way that you keep on trying to fight, even though it ends up the same way every time.

I hate how you keep trying to become a true Sohma, even though I’m trying to run away from them. I hate the way you act so scornfully around me, as though I’m to blame for my fear of Akito.

I hate the way that you treat me like dirt, the way you refuse every attempt I’ve ever made at becoming friendlier with you. I hate the way that even when we were little, you scorned me, and turned me away until I felt nothing but this hatred for you.

I hate the way that you cling to the old legend so hard, and how you act as though that story tells you who to accept and who not to. I hate the way that you hate me just because I’m the Rat, and feel that I tricked you and made you an outcast.

I hate the way that you see yourself as the Cat, and seem to believe that you must have your revenge on the one who played such a joke on you, that you must play the role as others have before you.

But most of all, I hate how when you look at me…

You see only the Rat.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
Re: [Fruits Basket] A Letter To Kyo (Complete)
« Reply #1 on: February 21 2006, 04:24 am »
Lovely and sad, but not melodramatically so. Almost reminds me of "Ten Things I Hate About You."
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign