AuthorTopic: Messengers?  (Read 3998 times)

Offline Sohru-san

• Sakura Syaoran Li
  • Good Fan
  • "I love Syaoran! Syaoran, you're my #1!"
Messengers?
« on: January 18 2006, 06:38 am »
I'm just curious if anyone has messenger? I wouldn't mind meeting and chatting with some fans on messenger. I do have messenger but they're all my personal usernames. I'm going to come up with some just for friends. What are yours? What ones your favorite to use? AIM used to be my favorite. YIM and MSN are growing on me because you can save the role-plays and you can BUZZ your friends. I like to bug mine with the BUZZ hehe
Anime Dreams - An Anime Role-play site that involves CardCaptors Sakura and Tsubasa!

Precious Memories - The younger version of Syaoran and Sakura in TRC RPG, Card Captors Sakura Continues  RPG, Revelations - The pairings include MeilingxSyaoran, TomoyoxEriol, SakuraxYukito, etc. RPG

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
Re: Messengers?
« Reply #1 on: January 18 2006, 07:31 am »
you can see everyone who has MSN, AIM, YIM and ICQ : here

(or look for the symbols under thier avatar  :keke: )
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Sohru-san

• Sakura Syaoran Li
  • Good Fan
  • "I love Syaoran! Syaoran, you're my #1!"
« Reply #2 on: January 18 2006, 10:39 am »
Yes. I have realized that.
Anime Dreams - An Anime Role-play site that involves CardCaptors Sakura and Tsubasa!

Precious Memories - The younger version of Syaoran and Sakura in TRC RPG, Card Captors Sakura Continues  RPG, Revelations - The pairings include MeilingxSyaoran, TomoyoxEriol, SakuraxYukito, etc. RPG

moezychan

« Reply #3 on: January 18 2006, 11:28 am »
Yes. I have realized that.

If you realized that, then there shouldn't be any reason to ask it. If the members on here didn't want to be contacted, they never would've given their messenger names. I don't think anybody will hold it against you if you invite them on your messenger list. I'm more than willing to talk on messenger. Just choose one and I'll talk to you.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #4 on: January 18 2006, 11:43 am »
But if your asking what we like best about the programs let me be one to say:

YIM: I liked that because I think that out of all the IM programs I've had (YIM, AIM and MSN) I find that YIM has the best Microphone and Audio devices to use. I used the same equipment with all three of my progs and it came out clearest and sharpest on YIM. I had a lot of really good chats with that. The smilies on YIM were also Legendary and the animated backgrounds and drawing pad.. great. But unfortunatly thats all I liked, I had only a few people (5 I think) on my list.. It wasn't worth having the whole program installed for 5 people. So I uninstalled and never chat with them anymore (although I do speak to 2 of them on deviantART and one is still on my AIM)

AIM: Well I have to have this because I use AOL and AIM is part of the AOL page. I like it, I like setting lots of away messages saying whatever I like. I don't like the fonts and backgrounds or icons tho. On my AOL AIM You don't get a very big selection, very dissapointing. the audio is average and the video is terrible. Really a bad slow picture.

MSN: Now this is the mutha load. The best IM Program out there. the fonts are far more exact and teh backgrounds can be so beautiful. So Many avatars to choose from! You can send sounds to eachother and record your voice in short bursts. Video conversations are fast and fluent, great sound and great noises it comes with. It has the ability to animate your avatar too (for those with money) It even has games.. GAMES!!! I love Minesweeper flags ( I may **** but its fun!) and tons more! It even has its own drawing pad you can change to typing and drawing whenever!! You can even create your own Emoticons!! Theres even secret options (I used to love making a spock picture appear and it plays the sound "Live Long and Prosper" Excellent stuff!!) MSN Is really the best IM Program out there, And It's getting better all the time. No doubt about it. Its the best!!

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 18 2006, 11:57 am »
If you want to be accessible to any type of online message system, fill out your personal profile to reflect that. If you want to keep those private and others are interested in contact, use the PM system here to communicate with one another.

VexNet, thanks for your descriptions of each system and the linky to the members list :)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Møon Li

• Aishiteru SyaorAndru <3
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #6 on: January 18 2006, 12:10 pm »
Yahoo was missed :tongue3: is a good one too... some cool tools ideas of msn were taken from the yahoo messenger like animated emoticons, sounds, the window shaking...

Don't you like ICQ?? :D the pioneer, is good!!

When we love, we want to be better than we already are... and love makes us better"

♥ Syaoran Loves Me ♥

~*Forum Family*~
Daughters: Okamirei, Star Wings
Little sisters:pretty.sofiacardcaptors.babypigggy.TimeMachine.bie liao.charcoalz.kudan.Aya-Chan.Kairi.SailorYue.tsubasaHime199.EuphoriaBliss.nicole_shimun
Little brothers: 89757knight.Kouichi
Nieces: Moonflower121.hikari_blaze.Monse-chan.littlekitty
Cousins: Director of Music.aishiteru.

Møon LUNiTe CHRoNiCLE

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #7 on: January 18 2006, 12:12 pm »
Yahoo was missed :tongue3: is a good one too... some cool tools ideas of msn were taken from the yahoo messenger like animated emoticons, sounds, the window shaking...

Don't you like ICQ?? :D the pioneer, is good!!

I've never had ICQ, never had any friends who were on ICQ so never bothered.

and Yahoo... If your referring to me I didn't miss it...
But if your asking what we like best about the programs let me be one to say:

YIM: I liked that because I think that out of all the IM programs I've had (YIM, AIM and MSN) I find that YIM has the best Microphone and Audio devices to use. I used the same equipment with all three of my progs and it came out clearest and sharpest on YIM. I had a lot of really good chats with that. The smilies on YIM were also Legendary and the animated backgrounds and drawing pad.. great. But unfortunatly thats all I liked, I had only a few people (5 I think) on my list.. It wasn't worth having the whole program installed for 5 people. So I uninstalled and never chat with them anymore (although I do speak to 2 of them on deviantART and one is still on my AIM)
YIM = Yahoo Instant Messenger

Offline Møon Li

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #8 on: January 18 2006, 01:38 pm »
Aaaah I didn't read it, then I'm the one missed :XD:

About ICQ, since the msn messenger was getting more users, the ICQ went down but before that, was so popular, is easier to find people that msn or yahoo and you can add them safer.

When we love, we want to be better than we already are... and love makes us better"

♥ Syaoran Loves Me ♥

~*Forum Family*~
Little sisters:pretty.sofiacardcaptors.babypigggy.TimeMachine.bie liao.charcoalz.kudan.Aya-Chan.Kairi.SailorYue.tsubasaHime199.EuphoriaBliss.nicole_shimun

Møon LUNiTe CHRoNiCLE

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #9 on: January 18 2006, 07:24 pm »
just how long ago are you saying ICQ was popular?
I've been on MSN since around 2002 (roughly) and Online from around 2000.
Since then I've never met anyone or had any friends that have been ICQ users.. ever!

So I guess ICQ was popular in... 1998?
As far as I know, Almost everyone has had MSN and it's been the leader for years XD
It's kind of obvious why tho!!

Offline Møon Li

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #10 on: January 19 2006, 05:29 am »
Yeah :XD: about 1998... I used it in 1999 but I dunno why went down... in 2002 the ICQ was better than msn.

♥ Syaoran Loves Me ♥

~*Forum Family*~

Møon LUNiTe CHRoNiCLE

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #11 on: January 20 2006, 12:51 am »
Very good descriptions on each messengers, VexNet! ^^ I was pratcically agreeing with you on everything... especially YIM. I don't have many people on my list but I still keep it anyway because there are those who won't use MSN even though I told them I prefer it over YIM.

So yeah... if you want to contact me on messenger... I prefer MSN! But no worries if you prefer YIM. ^^

As for ICQ... I remember using it for a while but just like VexNet, I didn't know anyone using ICQ and so I deleted it and stuck to MSN. I remember it being popular as well... around 2002 especially since I noticed that there was a growing number of ICQ users but my friends weren't using it so... >__>

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ