Poll

Is the Japanese or English version of CCS??

Japanese
14 (100%)
English
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: January 04 2006, 10:51 am

AuthorTopic: Which is better? Japanese or English?  (Read 35277 times)

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Re: Which is better? Japanese or English?
« Reply #120 on: July 05 2006, 05:32 am »
I envy you >_< It's horrible!

Yes...I agree with you 100% on that.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 06 2006, 10:09 am »
Do you think the cast of CardCaptors ever saw the original before or during production?
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline SasukeRocks

• Super Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 07 2006, 06:30 am »
Japanese!
I couldn't stand the voices of the voice actors for the english version.

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #123 on: July 07 2006, 09:45 pm »
Do you think the cast of CardCaptors ever saw the original before or during production?

I highly doubt that they did (and if they did, how on earth could they ever agree to cast Cardcraptors?!). I doubt very few voice actors of dubbed shows ever do, judging from the horrible way most of them pronounce the Japanese names.

Phew. I've spent the last days repeating Yukito's first "ohayou!" over and over in my head. I think I have finally managed to repress the sound of Julian Star - I remember what he said and that it sounded horrible, but I cannot remember the sound of it. Go me.
« Last Edit: July 08 2006, 12:39 am by Ando »
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 08 2006, 04:06 am »
I highly doubt that they did (and if they did, how on earth could they ever agree to cast Cardcraptors?!).
For money and infamy?

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #125 on: July 08 2006, 04:08 am »
For money and infamy?
Yeah. Most of the people do that, just for the fame and money. But If I got the change to do the voices, I would make sure, that everything was kept the same. And I wouldn't be in the money or fame. I would love to do a voice of one of CLAMP works. Like come on, its CLAMP.
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

moezychan

« Reply #126 on: July 08 2006, 05:40 am »
For money and infamy?

This begs the real question though. Did they achieve either?? If anything, the only thing Cardcaptors is famous for is screwing up the most wonderful anime ever!

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #127 on: July 08 2006, 07:32 am »
I remember those early days on Kids!WB.  Oh my gosh.   I was collecting the CCS manga long before they announced the dub.  When they did make the dub, I was curious but upon watching it, I felt like it slapped me in the face!!   O_o

Horrible!   It got lots of kids, who never heard of CCS, interested.  That was one marketing thing that went right for Nelvana BUT.... if you went on fanfiction.net back then.   How many people were putting down the dub names in their fanfiction??   Many!   It was so sad that the new fans were fans of the dub and would probably never learn of the true CCS until they go on a CCS fansite.   The only thing I liked from CC was the song "Ordinary Girl" but other than that, Nelvana's CC was just atrociuos.

It's a good thing a lot of CCS fans were putting up petitiononlines left and right against Nelvana right after the dub aired.  I have all of the CCS episodes, plus two movies, in VCD format that comes with Mandarin subtitiles.  Sakura Tange is the best "Sakura", I would ever hear in my life compared to the dub.  :D   As long as Tokyopop's version of CCS manga exists, at least, it should guide some interested fans in the right direction a little.    I have seen the Engilsh versions of "Catch You Catch Me" and "Fruits Candy" on YouTube awhile back.   It was a pretty good adaptation even if they don't follow the right lyrics.  It just annoyed me a little as to why the the Nelvana dub didn't use it.
« Last Edit: July 09 2006, 01:00 pm by tg »
O.o

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #128 on: July 08 2006, 07:47 am »
I have seen the Engilsh versions of "Catch Me Catch You" and "Fruits Candy" on YouTube awhile back. It was a pretty good adaptation even if they don't follow the right lyrics.

The dubbed version of "Catch You Catch Me", in my opinion, is horrible. I'm Sakuura, I'm just a girl, like, and now I know, like, I've found a magic book... Come on! :dodge: Plus, the singer sings false at the higher parts (it's nothing compared to the French version of Platinum, though). I do agree, however, that the English "Fruits Candy" is ok.

While we're speaking songs - the one with the lyrics You're the Guardian of the Cards, you're the choosen one of every boy and girl... is kinda catchy, actually. Is it used as an insert song, or is it an ending/opening theme?
Signifying nothing.

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #129 on: July 08 2006, 12:05 pm »
While we're speaking songs - the one with the lyrics You're the Guardian of the Cards, you're the choosen one of every boy and girl... is kinda catchy, actually. Is it used as an insert song, or is it an ending/opening theme?

I remember hearing it in the movie, but I'm not sure if it came out during the series. >_> In fact, the movie was the only 'Cardcaptors' episode I've ever watched... and as much as I ahte their voices, I thought the music was pretty good. -___- Not as great as the original, but still good.

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline Celestial

• Great Fan
  • Floating in a field of dreams....
« Reply #130 on: July 08 2006, 07:19 pm »
English Cardcaptors just sucks. No more can be said.

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
Signifying nothing.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 09 2006, 02:08 am »
That is hilarious. I applaud you.

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
  • Sorry I was inactive due to a stomach infection.
« Reply #133 on: July 09 2006, 02:17 am »
The dubbed version of "Catch You Catch Me", in my opinion, is horrible. I'm Sakuura, I'm just a girl, like, and now I know, like, I've found a magic book... Come on! :dodge: Plus, the singer sings false at the higher parts (it's nothing compared to the French version of Platinum, though). I do agree, however, that the English "Fruits Candy" is ok.

I never herd those in english...I just herd the little CardCaptors 45 second thing...
I met the VA who did Kero-chan in English. He's from Canada and that really ios his real voice. He does a hamster on hamtaro...
I think the Spanish version of Catch you Catch me is kind of funny!  = 3
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #134 on: July 09 2006, 08:37 am »
I still wonder why this thread is open...the choice is rather obvious.

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #135 on: July 09 2006, 12:59 pm »

I just re-listened to the english version of "Catch You Catch Me".    Hmm..   As much annoying as those "likes" are in the song lyrics, I would actually take that rather than the sort of catchy: "Wind, Rain, Shadow, Wood, Sword, Thunder, Power, Sleep. Cardcaptors of the Clow, Expect the unexpected now!".  It was a cheesily done theme song for CC!   >_<

As for "Gaurdian of the Cards" song, I have no clue.   I'm listening to it right now to see if it can jog my memory.   I think, it was used in a battle scene or something.   >_>  Definitely not for the ending/opening of CC, but I'm not sure about Nelvana's dub of the first movie (which thankfully, I never got to see).

Quote from: Arcademan

Yep, but the poll did close with 14 votes because it was pretty obvious.  I just found this thread very refreshing because I can express my thoughts out that I haven't put down for years!   ^o^  Heheeh...
O.o

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #136 on: July 10 2006, 03:08 am »
I was just thinking the same thing. I guess people still have a lot to rant about CardCaptors.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #137 on: July 10 2006, 03:11 am »
I was just thinking the same thing. I guess people still have a lot to rant about CardCaptors.

Maybe we should rename this thread 'Why Crapcaptors makes us wanna puke!!!" :D

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 10 2006, 08:01 am »
This begs the real question though. Did they achieve either?? If anything, the only thing Cardcaptors is famous for is screwing up the most wonderful anime ever!
Yes, in fact they did achieve both.

in·fa·my
n.
   1. Evil fame or reputation.
   2. The condition of being infamous.
   3. An evil or criminal act that is publicly known.

Infamy is a no-brainer. As for money, an actor does have to get paid by the casting office in order to perform a role.

Maybe we should rename this thread 'Why Crapcaptors makes us wanna puke!!!" :D
Or maybe we should unlock the original CardCaptors hate thread. You know, the one that immediately garnered attention and became the most popular thread in the General CCS Discussions section. You know, the one that has more posts than any other thread here. You know, the one that got locked for thread necromancy. >=(
« Last Edit: July 10 2006, 08:13 am by Takeru Â¥amamoto »

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #139 on: July 10 2006, 09:25 am »
Rules weren't followed in that thread. If the same thing happened here, I'd make sure it'd get locked as well.

See. Simple.